Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Divisonal Round

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Divisonal Round

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

What a crazy end to a fantastic season! We had to recapture that magic which never felt like it was there this year, but the talent on this team took us far. Three points away from beating that one team that gives us the most problems… Well, the Saints too, but screw them. The injury bug attacked positions instead of players this season and we were lining up Brate at slot receiver in the end. Wirfs out, Wells and Jensen hobbled, but yet we tied that game when all seemed lost before the end of the half. I have no shame in this season. We got to defend our title in the playoffs for the first time and we gave ‘em hell.

1.) Let’s take a minute on Mike Evans as a Buccaneer treasure. I watched way past his prime Ickey Woods all fat and gray doing the Ickey shuffle to hype up the Bengals’ fans this postseason. I can totally see the same for a sixty year-old Mike Evans in about 30 years.
2.) Vita Vea > Warren Sapp, and I’m not just talking about the hair.
3.) Stafford taking snaps from Garret Gilkey apparently.
4.) I felt that touchdown Fournette tied the game with. That raw emotion, chucking the ball in the stands. It was awesome. Also, that’ll be a $400 dollar fine.
5.) We may be 42 seconds bad, but at least we’re not 13 seconds bad.
6.) Tom found a way. Dude is amazing.

Dislikes:
1.) Good news. Tristan Wirfs will be back for the next game.
2.) Remember when Donovan Smith was a great offensive tackle but would have like one or two bonehead plays a game and then it appeared to stop last year, and he was just a great tackle? He’s actually a Best Buy credit card advertised same as cash. You don’t pay off that card within a year and all that interest hits you at once.
3.) Is our last memory of Carlton Davis going to be him getting trucked… or should I say Rammed?
4.) Of course, it had to be another white receiver for the Rams to fuck up our day… I know, I know it’s 2022. I can’t say that anymore. Can’t be disrespectful to the sheep… another white receiver for the ruminant mammals.
5.) Matt Gay still sucks.
6.) I think we were one play away from lining Vita up at wide receiver.

Random:
1.) Will Gholston gets screwed out of the starting introductions for SMB whose last tackle was made when Betty White was still alive.
2.) Tom Brady talks shit to Shawn Hochuli. Instead of being a little bitch and running to daddy, Shawn acted like a little bitch and threw a flag.
3.) The thing that pisses me off the most is when the commentators are talking about a comeback, they don’t talk about the greatest Bucs comeback, they talk about the greatest Tom Brady comeback.

It was a long year. Epic game on Thursday night to start the season, Tom Brady returns to Foxboro, Lavonte gets hurt and comes back twice, so does Gio Bernard. We sign Richard Sherman, Le’Veon Bell, and John Brown during the course of the year. The Antonio Brown thing. Two home playoff games. We got our fill of football this year. I’ll leave the coaching decisions, re-signings, and aftermath for other threads. Maybe I’ll toy around with an Ichabod Offseason thread for the first time since ’08, but until then enjoy the rest of the postseason, we can rest easy now.
13F11B

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Divisonal Round

Post by 13F11B »

Thanks for these threads. I will just say that I will be sad all week. This one hurt. As I get older I know I only have so many seasons left before I no longer get to watch them. This was a season we had a team that could have won it all. The talent was there. Those seasons are rare. Unlike some teams that have younger rosters this one is has a relatively short window (the off-season might show us all that it is closed already but we will see).

Just sad the season is over.
Last edited by 13F11B on Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

You’re the fucking man, Ichabod.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Rocker wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:56 am You’re the fucking man, Ichabod.
As are you good sir!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I truly wish you could have had at least one more game to call. Yeah. I know. Don't we all. Anyway, great season fo Monday analyses. I look forward to more next season.
Don't tread on me
Kress

Post by Kress »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 am Maybe I’ll toy around with an Ichabod Offseason thread for the first time since ’08
Yes, please.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:44 am Thank for the threads. I will just say that I will be sad all week. This one hurt. As I get older I know I only have so many seasons left before I no longer get to watch them. This was a season we had a team that could have won it all. The talent was there. Those seasons are rare. Unlike some teams that have younger rosters this one is has a relatively short window (the off-season might show us all that it is closed already but we will see).

Just sad the season is over.
The injury bug bit this team too many times. Week in/week out, they never had the same 11 guys in on defense or offense. That's what makes this all the more frustrating.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Let me start with a gracious Thank You, I enjoy showing up to this Thread every Monday before getting too frustrated reading the others and just leaving.

Your likes and dislikes were spot on. Hochuli is a little bitch and I'll go out on a limb to say follow the money, he had some on this game somewhere.

It was a great season, makes me appreciate last year even more. Listening to TB after the game, he is right, unless you win it all this hurt is going to come at some point. The RAMS were the team I was most concerned about going into the year. They are the 2020 BUCS with younger players. I don't want them to win a SB because then it waters down us winning in our home stadium. I want to be like the 72 Dolphins.

Injuries were hard on us this year. At the same time, our team seems to be made of glass. Geez.....I guess getting vaccinated does that to you.

Props to the OL, I thought they had a great year. Evans is just the face of this team when Tom Brady turns around. Seriously, the guy is just awesome and if we can re-sign Godwin I think Brady gives it one more run.

Dear Todd Bowles - I hope you get a HC job because I would prefer to never see you coaching here again. Oh, and can you take Devin White with you?

Peace Out!!
Last edited by Buccabeer on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 am Maybe I’ll toy around with an Ichabod Offseason thread for the first time since ’08
Need.
I said what I said