With the 27th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select…

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
MJW

Re: With the 27th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select…

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:21 am I might even consider Trevor Penning
He's 6'7. Not a lot of guards that tall. Or did you want him to challenge Donovan Smith? Because that I can get behind.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:04 pm 1st round mock draft round-up: Three people are mocking QBs to us in the first round? Ouch.

3 QB
3 WR
2 TE
2 OLine
7 DLine
6 CB

Drafttek
Ian Cummings - PFN
Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

Brad Weiss - Fansided
Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

Daniel Jeremiah - NFL
Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State

Charlie Campbell - Walter Football
Luke Easterling - Draftwire
Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama

Chris Trapasso - CBS Sports
Ryan Wilson - CBS Sports
Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St

Bryan Perez - The Draft Network
Darian Kinnard, IOL, Kentucky

Zack Patraw
Kenyon Green, IOL, Texaas A&M

Mel Kiper Jr - ESPN
Kyle Yates - Fantasy Pros
Tankathon
DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M

BR NFL SCOUTING DEPARTMENT
Austin Smith - Flurry Sports
Logan Hall, DL, Houston

Walter Cherepinsky - Walter Football
Travon Walker, DE/DT, Georgia

Todd McShay - ESPN
Cameron Thomas, DE, San Diego State

Paul M Banks - The Sports Bank
Jermaine Johnson, DL, Florida State

Bucky Brooks - NFL
Josh Edwards - CBS Sports
Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida

Vinnie Iyer - Sporting News
Joe DiTullio - The Game Haus
Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

Trevor Sikkema, PFF
Shane Hallam - Draft Countdown
Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Just because McShay come out and backed me, killed my chance for Cameron Thomas.

He gone.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb - expert

mdb - enthusiast
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Devonte Wyatt from UGA. Assuming Gholston and Suh leave, we will need to restock the interior D-Line. I watched him constantly get double teamed and he's throwing guys left and right. Him and Vea in the middle would be a huge huge stone wall. Especially if we end up going back to a 4/3 if Bowles leaves.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
MJW

Post by MJW »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:36 pm Devonte Wyatt from UGA. Assuming Gholston and Suh leave, we will need to restock the interior D-Line. I watched him constantly get double teamed and he's throwing guys left and right. Him and Vea in the middle would be a huge huge stone wall. Especially if we end up going back to a 4/3 if Bowles leaves.
He's an interesting prospect. More of a 4-3 physique - think he's about 6'2-6'3 and about 310. But if a guy can play, he can play.

I'm going to keep beating this drum, and when the national media catches up, you can pat me on the back: Travis Jones. Here's a good write up. He's getting severely underrated right now, mainly because dudes don't watch much tape of UConn. But I've watched him, and I know people who's opinions I trust who have watched him. He's legit.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/trav ... port-2022/
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:36 pm Devonte Wyatt from UGA. Assuming Gholston and Suh leave, we will need to restock the interior D-Line. I watched him constantly get double teamed and he's throwing guys left and right. Him and Vea in the middle would be a huge huge stone wall. Especially if we end up going back to a 4/3 if Bowles leaves.
He's an interesting prospect. More of a 4-3 physique - think he's about 6'2-6'3 and about 310. But if a guy can play, he can play.

I'm going to keep beating this drum, and when the national media catches up, you can pat me on the back: Travis Jones. Here's a good write up. He's getting severely underrated right now, mainly because dudes don't watch much tape of UConn. But I've watched him, and I know people who's opinions I trust who have watched him. He's legit.

He sounds good on paper, so I sought out something to watch. Here he is against Middle Tennessee State last year, number 57 in blue on defense:

Dude was getting dogwalked throughout against middling competition. A first round talent he is not. I think he's a third day talent who offers literally nothing on third downs.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I have been trying to get him as our 3rd. Can he go from a losing Husky to a winning Buc? May need to look some more, the big ones may have to carve out success with no help from the sports world...
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Jones was the lone bright spot on Connecticut's roster this season. He's a monstrous space-eating nose tackle at 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds, but he can be a little more than that. He also racked up 25 pressures and 21 run stops this season.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:52 am
MJW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 pm

He sounds good on paper, so I sought out something to watch. Here he is against Middle Tennessee State last year, number 57 in blue on defense:

Dude was getting dogwalked throughout against middling competition. A first round talent he is not. I think he's a third day talent who offers literally nothing on third downs.
Watch him in the Vanderbilt game. Solid opponent (by these standards) and he was the best player on the field. And I wouldn't agree he offers nothing on 3rd down. He can absolutely push the pocket, and he's shown a few decent rush instincts when I've watched him.

Here's the thing - he's still developing physically. He showed up to UConn seriously overweight. I read he was around 380. He's in the 330-340 range now and he still has some baby fat. He'll be at his best in the 320 range. Shouldn't be a problem in the NFL.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@MJW How about Eyioma Uwazurike.

I'm liking it - we need our 6th round back.

Looks like he has speed to power - we definitely need both!
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:01 am @MJW How about Eyioma Uwazurike.

I'm liking it - we need our 6th round back.

Looks like he has speed to power - we definitely need both!
The kid from Iowa State! I saw him a few times this year. Really interesting developmental player. His game against the Longhorns this year was one of the most dominant games I watched. And he was one of the few players I've seen who could give it to Tyler Lindenbaum as good as he got.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Why did DeMarvin Leal drop?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:55 am
Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:52 am

Watch him in the Vanderbilt game. Solid opponent (by these standards) and he was the best player on the field. And I wouldn't agree he offers nothing on 3rd down. He can absolutely push the pocket, and he's shown a few decent rush instincts when I've watched him.

Here's the thing - he's still developing physically. He showed up to UConn seriously overweight. I read he was around 380. He's in the 330-340 range now and he still has some baby fat. He'll be at his best in the 320 range. Shouldn't be a problem in the NFL.
I can't find anything online from that Vandy game. Here he is against Houston this year, again number 57 in blue on defense:

This guy was the best player on the field at any point? He's not even the best lineman on his unit. Jones plays high, he plays slow, he struggles to get off blocks, he gets stood up and stonewalled all the fucking time. He has maybe one pass rushing bone in his body, probably one of the smaller bones in the foot or something.

Dude is borderline undraftable.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:10 pm
Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:18 pm I would hope not a quarterback. None of the runners are worthy of a first round pick. Ditto with the tight ends.

Receivers are interesting. It's a deep class. Both of the Ohio State guys are likely gone by the time our pick rolls around, as is Williams from Alabama. Treylon Burks is an interesting prospect but also likely gone by that point. I like Drake London from USC as kind of a more finesse Mike Evans. Jahan Dotson doesn't impress me much, but I've seen him mocked to us alot; I don't think he's explosive enough to justify his small size.

There's a non-zero chance that we go for a guard or center, depending on what happens in free agency. I haven't scouted them much.

We're set at edge and all the juicy guys would be gone there anyways.

Interior d-line is a HUGE need with both Gholston and Suh set to be free agents, but none of these guys really light my fire. Either of the Georgia guys would be fine, Jordan Davis or Travon Walker, although I have my reservations about both. Demarvin Leal looks underwhelming to me. Logan Hall could be alright but again, not really getting my juices flowing as a first round possibility.

If we drafted an off-ball linebacker in the first I'd puke.

Plenty of good corners in the draft, especially projected at the end of the first round. Kaiir Elam, Derion Kendrick, Daxton Hill, Trent McDuffie, and Roger McCreary are all rated as late first-rounders. Can't say I've seen them all, but that could be good, particularly if we let Carlton Davis get paid elsewhere.

Safety? Not our biggest need but Jaquan Brisker is a good player.

---

In short, I have no idea. As others have said, it all depends based on what we do in free agency in March.

We have the sort of first world problems that come with winning. It's a lot harder to pick in the late 20's then in the top 10.

You see things much like me. I really covet someone who can replace Suh but I don't know who that is. The more I read, the more I like the selection of corners we will have a shot at. Even if we pay Davis, getting a true stud to line up next to him would be a fantastic option. If we can draft a corner who is as good as Davis, or hopefully better, that kind of corner tandem can change a defense.

So, if 4 WR's and 7 DB's go before we pick - then what are you seeing?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:55 pm

I can't find anything online from that Vandy game. Here he is against Houston this year, again number 57 in blue on defense:

This guy was the best player on the field at any point? He's not even the best lineman on his unit. Jones plays high, he plays slow, he struggles to get off blocks, he gets stood up and stonewalled all the fucking time. He has maybe one pass rushing bone in his body, probably one of the smaller bones in the foot or something.

Second round, first if he works out well. Doesn't mean you won't end up being right about his career, I dunno.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I count on you two to find players to flourish on our team. Open to many more being involved.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What do you guys think of WR Chris Olave from Ohio State?
MJW

Post by MJW »

AHEM:

Daniel Jeremiah's Top Ten Winners From The Senior Bowl -

UConn DT Travis Jones

Jones was probably the most physically dominant player in Mobile. He consistently showed pure power. At 6-4 and 326 pounds, he was walking offensive linemen back to the quarterback the entire week. He's not going to be a scheme fit for everybody, but he's a mauling player at the point of attack. There was not much buzz on him coming into the week from the personnel evaluators I spoke to, and he made sure to get everyone's attention once the pads were on. He generated some excitement.
Let's roll another joint
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:02 pm What do you guys think of WR Chris Olave from Ohio State?
Great feet. Very smooth athlete. I need to watch more of him and Wilson before putting my name on inevitably incorrect takes!
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:19 pm

AHEM:

Daniel Jeremiah's Top Ten Winners From The Senior Bowl -

UConn DT Travis Jones

Jones was probably the most physically dominant player in Mobile. He consistently showed pure power. At 6-4 and 326 pounds, he was walking offensive linemen back to the quarterback the entire week. He's not going to be a scheme fit for everybody, but he's a mauling player at the point of attack. There was not much buzz on him coming into the week from the personnel evaluators I spoke to, and he made sure to get everyone's attention once the pads were on. He generated some excitement.
I was just reading about the unblockability of Perrion Winfrey and Daniel Jones, two guys who didn't impress me when I watched them.

Just goes to show what I know.

That said, it seems every year there is a guy at the Senior Bowl who is unblockable, and at least to my anecdotal recollection most of them are middling pros, with the lone exception being Aaron Donald.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

They can only pack 26 ahead of us...
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Does anyone have thoughts about Jordan Davis? Could he fall to the Buccaneers? Would he be a good replacement for Suh?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:34 pm Does anyone have thoughts about Jordan Davis? Could he fall to the Buccaneers? Would he be a good replacement for Suh?
I think we need speed to beat one on ones foremost.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:32 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 am Don't draft for need.
Definitely not. Look at how drafting Wirfs and Winfield backfired on us. If only we had drafted BPA all draft...
They were the BPAs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 pm They can only pack 26 ahead of us...
Bingo. Boy, wasn't the draft forum better/easier back when we were picking top 10 all the time? :lol:

At the end of the day there's gonna be 40 guys "who will be gone by the time we pick"... which, of course, is inaccurate as only 26 can go ahead of us. This is the range you take that top guy that too many people overthought.

The main thing I like about this draft class is that it's thick in a lot of areas we like. Good trenches, some very good WRs and CBs.

If I gotta tie my name to someone this early I'll go with Trent McDuffie.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

@Doctor I am reading that the TE class is deep as well.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:34 pm Does anyone have thoughts about Jordan Davis? Could he fall to the Buccaneers? Would he be a good replacement for Suh?
Unlikely, as I have yet to see him get to the 20th pick on any mock drafts I looked at. Maybe one of you can say he smokes weed to help him fall a little, like Sapp did.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:30 pm
Unlikely, as I have yet to see him get to the 20th pick on any mock drafts I looked at. Maybe one of you can say he smokes weed to help him fall a little, like Sapp did.
At a high price, has he shown yet that he can do much more than occupy two blockers?
MJW

Post by MJW »

I remember Cheb didn't like him, thought he played too high. For the most part, unless we're talking about my crush from UConn, I take Cheb's advice on DL.

Regardless, unless he has a horrible process - runs a 5.9, does 13 reps, etc, he won't be there outside the top 15. His skill set is just too rare.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:24 am I remember Cheb didn't like him, thought he played too high. For the most part, unless we're talking about my crush from UConn, I take Cheb's advice on DL.

Regardless, unless he has a horrible process - runs a 5.9, does 13 reps, etc, he won't be there outside the top 15. His skill set is just too rare.
Ask him when Travis Jones gets picked - well I guess both of you can tell me. Our defensive base of two DL's and four linebackers with hurt everywhere had problems. I see no clear cut answer in free agency, if we draft and Suh plays elsewhere that should get us a comp pick. If we get atleast a couple big edge guys that can play inside or out, that should solve JPP and add punch on third down.

Running our 3-4 rushing 5 got us chewed up on the back end, didnt matter if it was the cheap vets or the returning (supposed) high price starters on the back end. The linebackers caught in the middle playing toes/heels/toes/heels.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 am @Doctor I am reading that the TE class is deep as well.
Are you reading the overlooked ones outside of the top 100? Give me a short list.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:36 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:55 am @Doctor I am reading that the TE class is deep as well.
Are you reading the overlooked ones outside of the top 100? Give me a short list.
The articles I have read have not mentioned names just that they thought there were good prospects at TE and they felt the draft for TE was deep this year. I don't watch a whole lot of college football so I can't agree or disagree with those articles. The only two I have seen get 'name' press are Trey McBride and Jalen Wydermyer. Most of those articles label these guys as 2nd or 3rd round picks.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:26 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:36 am

The articles I have read have not mentioned names just that they thought there were good prospects at TE and they felt the draft for TE was deep this year. I don't watch a whole lot of college football so I can't agree or disagree with those articles. The only two I have seen get 'name' press are Trey McBride and Jalen Wydermyer. Most of those articles label these guys as 2nd or 3rd round picks.
Top three will not go past 50 is my guess.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I found a list from one site:
Trey McBride
Jalen Wydermyer
Jeremy Ruckert
Cade Otton
Cole Turner
Charlie Kolar
Isaiah Likely
Derrick Deese Jr.
Jake Ferguson
Greg Dulcich
Jelani Woods
Lucas Krull
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:08 pm I found a list from one site:
Trey McBride
Jalen Wydermyer
Jeremy Ruckert
Cade Otton
Cole Turner
Charlie Kolar
Isaiah Likely
Derrick Deese Jr.
Jake Ferguson
Greg Dulcich