Rapid Reaction Finale: Our season ends

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Digital_Damage

Re: Rapid Reaction Finale: Our season ends

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:11 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:10 pm I am still pissed off with the way the game ended. Very happy that they made it a game but really depressed with the long pass to Kupp.
I think we all agree...Hopefully we get 1 more shot.
not likely.

viewtopic.php?p=39635#p39635
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:12 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:06 pm

Please tell me thats auto-correct and you don't think that inbounds and out of bounds are bounce.
Sorry.. english is not my primary language.
Understandable. I'm sorry if I came off as a jerk! The proper term is indeed inbounds or out of bounds.
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm The thing about "bad play calls" is fans only label them as bad calls when they don't work. Like I'm supposed to believe someone would say it was a bad call if the blitz had gotten to Stafford and sacked him.

Fans need to stop pretending they know what they're talking about.
It wasn't a bad call because it didn't work. There is absolutely no way you should call a cover zero blitz in this situation. Especially considering Stafford has been the best QB vs the blitz this season.

It was one of the worst calls in NFL history and Bowles deserves all the flack he is catching and will catch because of it.

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:15 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm The thing about "bad play calls" is fans only label them as bad calls when they don't work. Like I'm supposed to believe someone would say it was a bad call if the blitz had gotten to Stafford and sacked him.

It wasn't a bad call because it didn't work. There is absolutely no way you should call a cover zero blitz in this situation. Especially considering Stafford has been the best QB vs the blitz this season.

It was one of the worst calls in NFL history and Bowles deserves all the flack he is catching and will catch because of it.

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
You mean to tell me you'd be equally vocal about the call if the blitz got home and sacked Stafford or forced an incomplete pass?
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

If you are going to blitz, blitz Winfield Jr or Whitehead. Not SMB who may be the worst tackler on the team.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:16 pm

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
You mean to tell me you'd be equally vocal about the call if the blitz got home and sacked Stafford or forced an incomplete pass?
Straw man argument.
Max

Post by Max »

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
Well no, because in that scenario it wouldn't have cost us the season.

Doesn't make the call less stupid.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:19 pm

Straw man argument.
Worse... Its a Stupid Fucking Argument.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 pm

Exactly. Fans only call it a bad call when it doesn't work like I said and like you agree with.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

I'll say this... Shawn Hochuli made some stupid fucking calls... His dad should kick his ass.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm

Exactly. Fans only call it a bad call when it doesn't work like I said and like you agree with.
Since we don't live in your fantasy world of "what if", I guess that makes is a bad call right shit stick?
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:30 pm

That's not what I was saying. I still would have called it a bad call if it worked.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:31 pm I'll say this... Shawn Hochuli made some stupid fucking calls... His dad should kick his ass.
His arrogance was so annoying. Typical nepotism hire.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm Arians has already said he's coming back. Doubled down this morning talking to ESPN.
So you don't believe his injury updates, but you do here?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
Like you said - FANS (YOU) don't know shit about football. Shut up dillweed.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Ouch
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:44 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm Arians has already said he's coming back. Doubled down this morning talking to ESPN.
So you don't believe his injury updates, but you do here?
What exactly are you talking about?
Nano

Post by Nano »

Good thing Wirfs didn't play

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

It cost us the season.

He can go kick rocks.
Cover zero with over half the field to defend and less than a minute to defend a tie is a stupid stupid decision. It is incredibly risky, as all it takes is for one good route or blown assignment to lose you the game. Especially against a quarterback who is that good against the blitz, and you know they're playing desperate....

Like I said in another thread, it's one of the worst defensive calls I've ever seen, and in a huge game for the franchise.

It's was a horrible, horrible call.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:50 pm Good thing Wirfs didn't play

This is information that the team no doubt already knew. They just held off on reporting it to gain some type of competitive advantage against the Rams.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Well one silver lining... this pathetic group can start attacking the team more next season than each other out of sheer boredom.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kupp/Beckham: 15 catches on 19 targets
Evans/Gronk: 12 catches on 27 targets
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Mdb post right there
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

What a game!!

Walk away FG wins from away teams, incredible. We knew this was a tough match up. D Smith struggles against Miller type rushers. Ramsey matches up real well with Evans. Wirfs out leaves us three leaks on the OL, too many. AD, Kupp, OBJ. The rams are like us last year.

It's amazing we even came back. Kudos to the locker room. I really hope everyone comes back for another run next year. Tough lost.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Special group of players, glad to have watched the journey the last two seasons. We'll see what the future holds for the team.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Pirate Life wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:15 pm

Special group of players, glad to have watched the journey the last two seasons. We'll see what the future holds for the team.
It would have been nice to see them overcome all the injuries and win back to back. I am glad for several long-time Bucs that they got a ring last season. In particular, David and Evans truly deserved to win one.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Only going to comment on this once, don't care about what your response is in all honesty.

If they get a sack there, then I'd give kudos to the player for making a play when put in a bad situation by his coach. Still will give Bowles a rash of shit for making a terrible play call.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 pm Just an unbelievably bad coaching staff.
Hard to think of a staff that got less from that amount of talent than ours did this year.
Nano

Post by Nano »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:17 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:15 pm

It would have been nice to see them overcome all the injuries and win back to back. I am glad for several long-time Bucs that they got a ring last season. In particular, David and Evans truly deserved to win one.
If this is how it ends, I'm glad that we as fans got to experience this. If you told any of us 2 years ago that we'd be winning a SB and hosting a playoff game as a 2-seed, you'd be laughed at. Brady gave us something powerful...an actual belief in our football team lol.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:30 pm If this is how it ends, I'm glad that we as fans got to experience this. If you told any of us 2 years ago that we'd be winning a SB and hosting a playoff game as a 2-seed, you'd be laughed at. Brady gave us something powerful...an actual belief in our football team lol.
Amazing how two seasons can uplift a franchise and a fan base. Honestly, if you'd told most of us after Winston's 30/30 season that we'd have two winning seasons in a row we'd have been doubtful - and super happy to have gotten to that point.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Bucs didn't deserve to win. Amazing comeback though.

Played sloppy. Sucks to play like that in such a big game. The fact we had a chance despite how bad we played was pretty remarkable.

Hope Brady returns. But if not it was a great run all fans should be grateful for.

Let the chips fall where they may this offseason.

Re-sign Godwin.

CD3 can leave, JPP also.

If Bowles leaves for a HC job I hope we get Vic Fangio as DC. It would be an upgrade tbh.
Snake

Post by Snake »

CD3, JPP can go. I agree there.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Dread wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:58 pm Bucs didn't deserve to win. Amazing comeback though.

Played sloppy. Sucks to play like that in such a big game. The fact we had a chance despite how bad we played was pretty remarkable.

Hope Brady returns. But if not it was a great run all fans should be grateful for.

Let the chips fall where they may this offseason.

Re-sign Godwin.

CD3 can leave, JPP also.

If Bowles leaves for a HC job I hope we get Vic Fangio as DC. It would be an upgrade tbh.
JPP, I'm down with. He's played his ass off for a long time and got a few rings. Not so sure we can deal as easily with the loss of Davis.

Agreed 100% that Fangio would be a coupe de tat type of signing for this team.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Fuck AB. That is all.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Still pissed about the loss. Hopefully a night of sleep will make it sting a bit less.