Rapid Reaction Finale: Our season ends

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
The Outsider

Re: Rapid Reaction Finale: Our season ends

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:41 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm I'm not going to blame Arians for Bowles terrible call. Other than that I can't say too much negative about the game or the team. The Rams came out with a great game plan and punched us in the mouth. The fact that it came down to a FG is a testament to Brady and the coaching staff making half time adjustments.

It was a fun season and if I were a betting man I'd put money on Brady being on the field for us next season.
Isn’t the fact that the Rams had a great gameplan from the beginning and we didn’t an indictment on the coaching staff? And the fact that everyone saw that coming, isn’t that a problem?
You're either being intentionally obtuse or you watched a different game than I did.

The coaching staff told Pinion to have the worst kickoff game of his career? Or planned for all of the other stupid fucking penalties in the first half?
Ironworker808

Post by Ironworker808 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 pm

Isn’t the fact that the Rams had a great gameplan from the beginning and we didn’t an indictment on the coaching staff? And the fact that everyone saw that coming, isn’t that a problem?
The early issues aren't on coaching. Kicking the. ball out of bounds TWICE. 3 personal fouls for losing your cool. Dropped passes. Missed tackles. Missed blocks. That's on the players actually playing the game
Don’t forget the missed field goal.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm I'm not going to blame Arians for Bowles terrible call. Other than that I can't say too much negative about the game or the team. The Rams came out with a great game plan and punched us in the mouth. The fact that it came down to a FG is a testament to Brady and the coaching staff making half time adjustments.

It was a fun season and if I were a betting man I'd put money on Brady being on the field for us next season.
Agree, its the third time in a row against Rams..
Rams D is good but there we (intially) way to few surprices in the playcalling.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:28 pm SMB on Kupp. Runs right past him. Into Winfield’s zone. Runs right past him.

Good stuff.

Just saw this, you need to get better at watching football. Bunting blitzed and Winfield was in man coverage on Kupp.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Ironworker808 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 pm

The early issues aren't on coaching. Kicking the. ball out of bounds TWICE. 3 personal fouls for losing your cool. Dropped passes. Missed tackles. Missed blocks. That's on the players actually playing the game
Don’t forget the missed field goal.
Exactly. There were so many I did forget. You can't make those mistakes against a team like the Rams and be surprised that you lost or blame the coaches.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

I just KNEW when we tied the game that we were fucked.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 pm Thankfully 2003 prepared me for this day 19 years in advance. When I was a kid I took shit hard, like trying to not cry kind of stuff. I'm not really sure why. But these days at least I can be mad and I'll get over this in half an hour or so.

Fuck Todd Bowles
Getting over this will take me at least six months.

Just kidding. I hate that the team lost with :43 seconds left after rallying but I hate the fact that I think this also means the team will be in full rebuild mode. I truly do not see Brady coming back (bad thing). If he does not I don't think the coaching staff will come back either (good thing).
Snake

Post by Snake »

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they abandoned the run. They did it all season. That extra TOP could’ve been helpful.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Proud of the fight, regardless of the outcome. Would've been an amazing story to win, but credit to the Rams.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:49 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:28 pm SMB on Kupp. Runs right past him. Into Winfield’s zone. Runs right past him.

Good stuff.

Just saw this, you need to get better at watching football. Bunting blitzed and Winfield was in man coverage on Kupp.
I went back and watched it again. It’s even worse than I thought. Winfield on Kupp in single man coverage is idiotic at best.
Max

Post by Max »

I hope Todd Bowles fucking dies
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:50 pm
Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:40 pm Thankfully 2003 prepared me for this day 19 years in advance. When I was a kid I took shit hard, like trying to not cry kind of stuff. I'm not really sure why. But these days at least I can be mad and I'll get over this in half an hour or so.

Fuck Todd Bowles
Getting over this will take me at least six months.

Just kidding. I hate that the team lost with :43 seconds left after rallying but I hate the fact that I think this also means the team will be in full rebuild mode. I truly do not see Brady coming back (bad thing). If he does not I don't think the coaching staff will come back either (good thing).
I'm over it already now. I can't let this night fuck up the fact I had basically 17 years of shit (excluding 2005) before God suddenly decided he loved the Bucs and Tom Brady showed up to win us a Super Bowl and then nearly pulled off 27-3 to go with 28-3.

Y'all enjoy your night
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:52 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:49 pm

I went back and watched it again. It’s even worse than I thought. Winfield on Kupp in single man coverage is idiotic at best.
Yeah it was a seriously stupid call. I honestly hope Bowles is gone. I dont hate Arians or Leftwich though. I think Arians is a good motivator, the players seem to enjoy playing for him and his game management is solid. Leftwich is fine with me as long as he and Brady are on the same page.
Max

Post by Max »

Imagine coming back from a 24 point deficit to have it ruined by one of the worst defensive calls in NFL history.
Ironworker808

Post by Ironworker808 »

Cover zero.

Cover zero when all you have to do is keep them out of FG range for the next 30 seconds or so.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Todd Bowles: I led my defense to a top 5 scoring D

Bucs fans: he’s the worst, run him out of town.

acmillis: you guys realize that our “starting” defense was all together one game this season, right?!?!

Bucs fans: “I hope Bowles dies”

sure, let’s go back to being quite literally the worst franchise n all of professional sports
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If we're being completely honest, the only reason that was even a close game was because of the Rams fuckups. 4 fumbles, including an inexcusable high snap. Leaving Ramsey 1 on 1 with Evans and rolling coverage to Scotty Miller?? A short 47 yard FG.

The Rams let us back in this game. That's the only reason this comeback became a possibility.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

JPP lost his grandmother this week. Why he wasn’t at practice. Hope he retires as he honestly had nothing left.
Snake

Post by Snake »

acmillis wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm Todd Bowles: I led my defense to a top 5 scoring D

acmillis: you guys realize that our “starting” defense was all together one game this season, right?!?!

sure, let’s go back to being quite literally the worst franchise n all of professional sports
What does the defense only playing one game together have to do with Bowles calling cover 0 with Winfield on Kupp?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:00 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm Todd Bowles: I led my defense to a top 5 scoring D

What does the defense only playing one game together have to do with Bowles calling cover 0 with Winfield on Kupp?
You want to fire the DC over one bad play call?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The thing about "bad play calls" is fans only label them as bad calls when they don't work. Like I'm supposed to believe someone would say it was a bad call if the blitz had gotten to Stafford and sacked him.

Fans need to stop pretending they know what they're talking about.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

Ironworker808 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm Cover zero.

Cover zero when all you have to do is keep them out of FG range for the next 30 seconds or so.
Rams just BARELY got beck with 4 seconds left.. one more play (even with an out of bounce reception) would have made it REALLY had for them to get an inbounce reception and FB.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Go Bucs
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm
Ironworker808 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:57 pm Cover zero.

Rams just BARELY got beck with 4 seconds left.. one more play (even with an out of bounce reception) would have made it REALLY had for them to get an inbounce reception and FB.
Please tell me thats auto-correct and you don't think that inbounds and out of bounds are bounce.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Year 3, still miscommunication.

Good coaching.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:05 pmGo Bucs
The game is over now, kiddo. Did you just wake up from your nap?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:06 pm
Please tell me thats auto-correct and you don't think that inbounds and out of bounds are bounce.
"Inbounce" auto-corrects to inbounds lol
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:04 pm
Blitz? why and I not surprised... shit head Bowles....
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am still pissed off with the way the game ended. Very happy that they made it a game but really depressed with the long pass to Kupp.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

This season Stafford was 74.4%, 9.12 YPA with 13 TDs and 0 INT against the blitz.

That was a fireable stupid decision to blitz him on those three plays.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm The thing about "bad play calls" is fans only label them as bad calls when they don't work. Like I'm supposed to believe someone would say it was a bad call if the blitz had gotten to Stafford and sacked him.

Shut the fuck up.... Who the fuck Blitz's in a situation like that? 27 seconds on the Play clock! You DON'T!

Quit White knighting because he is your preferred tone. It is fucking embarrassing.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:10 pm I am still pissed off with the way the game ended. Very happy that they made it a game but really depressed with the long pass to Kupp.
I think we all agree...Hopefully we get 1 more shot.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:06 pm
Sorry.. english is not my primary language.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:11 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm The thing about "bad play calls" is fans only label them as bad calls when they don't work. Like I'm supposed to believe someone would say it was a bad call if the blitz had gotten to Stafford and sacked him.

Shut the fuck up.... Who the fuck Blitz's in a situation like that? 27 seconds on the Play clock! You DON'T!

Quit White knighting because he is your preferred tone. It is fucking embarrassing.
Zoinks. This loss has people make terrible bit takes and catching feelings