Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IronDog

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by IronDog »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 pm Great game. Proud of our team
Had they bothered to show up in the first 2 1/2 quarters, we wouldn't be clearing the decks now.
Push the damned button already!
CantonJester

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by CantonJester »

What I don't get is WHY WOULD YOU BLITZ AT ALL. You've already showed your cards by kicking the PAT to get it to OT.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:25 pm Nothing to be ashamed of, boys.

Disappointing, but not disheartening.
I disagree. That defense was very, very shameful.
Im the first half. In the 2nd half they gave up 3. They adjusted to a great offense and fought. Gave the team a chance to win. Not ashamed of that.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Bowles is a moron. What a dumb fucktard
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Unbelievable
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:28 pm Bowles is a moron. What a dumb fucktard
Its just so stuborn to go with you signiture move there..
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm
Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 pm

I disagree. That defense was very, very shameful.
Im the first half. In the 2nd half they gave up 3. They adjusted to a great offense and fought. Gave the team a chance to win. Not ashamed of that.
Defense gave up 10 points 2nd half.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:28 pm Bowles is a moron. What a dumb fucktard
That's the same move that got Gregg Williams fired and Williams didn't even do it in a playoff game.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:29 pm
Dudes a clown and can’t play matchups or strategy for shit. If his blitzing isn’t working he gets raped. There’s literally no upside to that call in that situation. Dude should be Fired today
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Congrats Bucs
A successful campaign with big targets on your backs and the injury bug hit us in key spots. Wish it could have finished in February but, it is what it is.

Up to the Glazers and JL to put together a decent squad to follow.

God bless Tampa Bay!!!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I was furious when they went for it on 4 and 10 WTF? And not to go for it for 3 when we need so many points? and it came back to bite us. I am firmly in the camp of never leaving points on the field no matter what grrrrrr
I said what I said

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

You guys all realize this is the end.. right?

We needed to win this game.

Our team is gone next year
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm You guys all realize this is the end.. right?

The fuck are you talking about?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 pm You guys all realize this is the end.. right?

My gut feeling is that you are right.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:50 pm

Cap crunch. Players aging out.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:53 pm

We'll lose some pieces, sure. But that doesn't mean it's all instantly over. Based on what I can see we have 22.5 million in cap space for 2022. That's not even close to putting us in a position where we can't retain enough key pieces to keep the team successful in the immediate future.

And that's assuming Brady stays and doesn't restructure his deal. And the opposite is basically a given if he does stay.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many of you guys are doomsaying right now. Sometimes I forget where I am.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

these players are now free agents.

Chris Godwin
Jason Pierre-Paul
Ryan Jensen
Ndamukong Suh
Rob Gronkowski
William Gholston
Leonard Fournette
O.J. Howard
Blaine Gabbert
Ronald Jones II
Richard Sherman
Aaron Stinnie
Steve McLendon
Giovani Bernard
Kevin Minter
Josh Wells
Carlton Davis
Le'Veon Bell
Pierre Desir
Curtis Riley
Rashard Robinson
Breshad Perriman
Andrew Adams
Pat O'Connor
Zach Triner
Alex Cappa
Jordan Whitehead
Dee Delaney
Justin Watson
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:01 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:53 pm
We'll lose some pieces, sure. But that doesn't mean it's all instantly over. Based on what I can see we have 22.5 million in cap space for 2022. That's not even close to putting us in a position where we can't retain enough key pieces to keep the team successful in the immediate future.

And that's assuming Brady stays and doesn't restructure his deal. And the opposite is basically a given if he does stay.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that so many of you guys are doomsaying right now. Sometimes I forget where I am.
I see you have not seen the FA list...

The AAV alone on Godwin and Jensen is 26 million...
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:05 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:01 pm

I'm assuming that we lose Godwin. Godwin is great but a luxury. Honestly the only must keep players for me are Jensen and Davis. I assume Gronk will be back if Brady is. But guys like JPP, Suh, Cappa, Whitehead and Gholston are guys who are either at the end or simply serviceable. All of those guys are replaceable to me with smart FA acquisitions and good drafting.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Godwin is a must keep if Brady stays. He's more important than Evans.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Brady is done
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Godwin leaving opens up a big hole opposite Evans. NO Tyler Johnson is not the answer. We got a preview today of life without an even average #2 opposite Evans.

Godwin must return.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:13 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:05 pm

I'm assuming that we lose Godwin. Godwin is great but a luxury. Honestly the only must keep players for me are Jensen and Davis. I assume Gronk will be back if Brady is. But guys like JPP, Suh, Cappa, Whitehead and Gholston are guys who are either at the end or simply serviceable. All of those guys are replaceable to me with smart FA acquisitions and good drafting.
And you are missing the point.

Not likely we can even keep Jensen and Davis.

Jensen is going to bring in 12 million on the market.

Only targets that make sense for a restructure would be Evans and David.

With that you might be able to sign Jensen, Godwinn and Gronk (if you are trying to keep Brady). If Brady walks you might as well blow the whole thing up.

Everyone else would have to go.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Agreed
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:19 pm Godwin leaving opens up a big hole opposite Evans. NO Tyler Johnson is not the answer. We got a preview today of life without an even average #2 opposite Evans.

Godwin must return.
I agreed 100 percent but unfortunately $$$$$
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

If the coaching staff/personnel regime believed this team had a 2 year window, the second of which should feature some level of crucial turnover that will have to be replaced (even if its just 2ish key players), then the 2nd and 3rd round (not to mention the stretch in the 4th round) of this year's draft makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

A developmental QB prospect and a (bit of a misfit in terms of athletic profile/traits and position) developmental OL who screams "depth, swing player at absolute best in the first few years"? The 2nd and 3rd rounds aren't rounds to just "meh" away premium picks that should be expected to provide some level of meaningful contribution within the first few years for a team in a Super Bowl window.

The 2021 2nd and 3rd round picks look much more like a team that expects to be rebuilding next year. I mean, if this team was expecting to lose Jensen or Cappa for the 2022 season and still be in a Super Bowl window with Brady under Center...the only move that makes sense is spending picks to trade up for Creed Humphrey when he didn't go early in the 2nd (I would have taken him with our 1st pick by the by...I scouted him for the 2020 draft before he declared he was coming back...he was the best Center prospect I'd ever scouted...better than Ragnow...and top 5 iOL I'd ever heavily looked at).

If they expected a legit 2022 run with Brady under Center, this last year's draft is a mish-mash of incoherency (JTS ok...Special Teams on 5th and beyond ok...but rounds 2, 3, 4?). As a rebuild starting in 2022?...draft makes sense.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

So this just went up on the assholes twitter page

I said what I said

Max

Post by Max »

Do we really have to do the cap space discussion again?

We are fine.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Nobody wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:12 pm If the coaching staff/personnel regime believed this team had a 2 year window, the second of which should feature some level of crucial turnover that will have to be replaced (even if its just 2ish key players), then the 2nd and 3rd round (not to mention the stretch in the 4th round) of this year's draft makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

A developmental QB prospect and a (bit of a misfit in terms of athletic profile/traits and position) developmental OL who screams "depth, swing player at absolute best in the first few years"? The 2nd and 3rd rounds aren't rounds to just "meh" away premium picks that should be expected to provide some level of meaningful contribution within the first few years for a team in a Super Bowl window.

The 2021 2nd and 3rd round picks look much more like a team that expects to be rebuilding next year. I mean, if this team was expecting to lose Jensen or Cappa for the 2022 season and still be in a Super Bowl window with Brady under Center...the only move that makes sense is spending picks to trade up for Creed Humphrey when he didn't go early in the 2nd (I would have taken him with our 1st pick by the by...I scouted him for the 2020 draft before he declared he was coming back...he was the best Center prospect I'd ever scouted...better than Ragnow...and top 5 iOL I'd ever heavily looked at).

If they expected a legit 2022 run with Brady under Center, this last year's draft is a mish-mash of incoherency (JTS ok...Special Teams on 5th and beyond ok...but rounds 2, 3, 4?). As a rebuild starting in 2022?...draft makes sense.
That is the same points I made at the time, although you articulated it better.

Assuming Brady and Arians come back, we will still be in a win now mode. Neither Trask or Hainsey will help with that. Trask may be the guy of the future but I have doubts that Hainsey will ever be a starter. He seemed a reach at the time to me. That is a 2nd and 3rd that will provide nothing when you are in your super bowl window. Cmon Jason.

I didn't realize Creed Humphrey was that good of a prospect. I would have targeted him too. Whoever comes after Brady would have loved a young talented center to work with.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Max wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:25 pm Do we really have to do the cap space discussion again?

We are fine.
Someone came up using the Common Core system....
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:23 pm Why were there not 2 people on Kupp?
Because that's what any high school DC with half a brain would have done. Bowles was going against the grain. Or, just being an incompetent shit as usual and costing us the game.

An even better question would be, when the blitz hasn't been working all game, and it's the biggest play of the game and they have to go 40 yards in thirty seconds, why oh why would you try to outdo all your previous idiocies and call a blitz on that play?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Chris Godwin - SIGNED
Jason Pierre-Paul - Bye
Ryan Jensen - SIGNED
Ndamukong Suh - Bye
Rob Gronkowski - Assuming Brady is gone, bye
William Gholston - ?
Leonard Fournette - SIGNED
O.J. Howard - Bye
Blaine Gabbert - yeah, whatever
Ronald Jones II - ?
Richard Sherman - LOL, Bye
Aaron Stinnie - SIGNED
Steve McLendon - Meh?
Giovani Bernard - Meh!
Kevin Minter - SIGNED
Josh Wells - MEH
Carlton Davis SIGNED
Le'Veon Bell - LOL!
Pierre Desir - whatevs
Curtis Riley - who cares?
Rashard Robinson - meh
Breshad Perriman - meh
Andrew Adams - meh
Pat O'Connor - meh, but bet signed
Zach Triner - SIGNED
Alex Cappa - SIGNED
Jordan Whitehead - SIGNED
Dee Delaney - Bye
Justin Watson - who cares?
IMO
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Chris Godwin - SIGNED
Jason Pierre-Paul - Bye
Ryan Jensen - SIGNED
Ndamukong Suh - Bye
Rob Gronkowski - Assuming Brady is gone, bye
William Gholston - ?
Leonard Fournette - SIGNED
O.J. Howard - Bye
Blaine Gabbert - yeah, whatever
Ronald Jones II - ?
Richard Sherman - LOL, Bye
Aaron Stinnie - SIGNED
Steve McLendon - Meh?
Giovani Bernard - Meh!
Kevin Minter - SIGNED
Josh Wells - MEH
Carlton Davis SIGNED
Le'Veon Bell - LOL!
Pierre Desir - whatevs
Curtis Riley - who cares?
Rashard Robinson - meh
Breshad Perriman - meh
Andrew Adams - meh
Pat O'Connor - meh, but bet signed
Zach Triner - SIGNED
Alex Cappa - SIGNED
Jordan Whitehead - SIGNED
Dee Delaney - Bye
Justin Watson - who cares?
IMO
And who's cut to make this happen?

We have $22mil in cap room per Spotrac
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:16 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:15 pm

IMO

Tom Brady, Vita Vea, Mike Evans, Devin White, and others.

What a dumb fuck response. We have no idea how the roster shakes out between now and then. Hence, opinion.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:16 pm

Tom Brady, Vita Vea, Mike Evans, Devin White, and others.

What a dumb fuck response. We have no idea how the roster shakes out between now and then. Hence, opinion.
I hear you. But the math is a serious problem.