Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by King Bootz »

The Bucs take on the #4 seed NFC West Champion LA Rams. The winner will host the NFC Championship game next Sunday vs the San Francisco 49ers.

They last met in week 3 in Los Angeles with the Rams winning 34-24.

Both teams come in with significant injuries. Rams starting LT Andrew Whitworth and S Taylor Rapp won’t play. The Bucs are without RB Ronald Jones & WR Breshad Perriman. Early indications are that they will also be without All-Pro RT Tristan Wirfs. Pro Bowl C Ryan Jensen is questionable with an ankle injury but is likely to start.

Weather today is cloudy, mid 50s, slight wind. Let’s hope for a good clean game, no injuries, and a win to bring the NFC Championship game to Tampa.
Go Bucs!
Phantom

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by Phantom »

Most important do not let the Rams lead by halftime
Dread

Re: Los Angeles Rams @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by Dread »

Rams offense is going to want to run the ball, that's been their identity late in the season and especially now that Cam Akers is back. I doubt they try to run inside much so that means the Bucs need to set the EDGE well to stop the outside zone and any toss/sweep plays.

On offense protect Brady and stay out of 3rd and long.

The teams that have had success vs the Rams have done so by being a bully and taking a physical gameplan right to them. 49ers, Titans, and Packers all beat the Rams this year by being the more physical team.

This game will be won or lost at the LoS.

LFG Bucs!!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Arians just got interviewed on ESPN. Said as of yesterday Wirfs was still limping. Basically confirming we’ll be starting Wells.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

No Wirfs. Line up Gronk or Brate beside Wells all day.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Shit no Wirfs

Who’s going to block Donald?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yeah okayyyy :roll:

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Next man up. No excuses. LFG.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If we win the toss, I wonder if Bruce would be tempted to take the ball 1st. Set a ton, make a statement early. Rams aren't a team you want to get behind against.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm Yeah okayyyy :roll:

Is this where we remember the Youngry years?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Was listening to the radio and they were talking about Cappa playin RT with Stinnie at Guard.

These same folks didn't know we had released Bell either so who knows.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 pm
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... d-youngry/

Oh how great that year was…………
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Defense must carry the day!!! Again.
Let’s go Bucs!!!!!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I still think Raheem has potential as a HC. He was obviously not at the point in his career where he was ready for a gig like he had here. Especially with the absolutely garbage level of talent we had back then.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

"I watched enough Man In The Arena" is the most Raheem answer like ever. But for this point in his career, don't fix what isn't broken. Head coaching isn't the end all of the NFL business. If he takes a job, let it be the right one so he's not dealt a shit hand off the go like he was here. I don't want to see that happen to him again. Like don't leave LA so you can go coach the Texans just for the dude who will come after you to have the success you wanted because you took 2 years to be a fall guy.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Go team, win this as a team.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:23 pm I still think Raheem has potential as a HC. He was obviously not at the point in his career where he was ready for a gig like he had here. Especially with the absolutely garbage level of talent we had back then.
I think Raheem has potential as a coach as well. He was put in a really, really bad place when he got the opportunity with the Buccaneers. He is smart enough to have learned from the experience.
Nano

Post by Nano »

This could be the last time we see Brady. :cry:

If it is, I hope we go out with a bang and not a whimper.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

It’s been an honor gents. Let’s go win this fucking game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

We get the ball 1st.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Defense needs to affect Stafford. Sacks are the ultimate prize but consistent pressure and getting in his face will result in bad decisions. We really need a couple of guys on defense to have statement games.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:40 pm Most important do not let the Rams lead by halftime
I vote never letting them lead
I said what I said

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

This might be the most difficult playoff game we have.

This should be a good one.

Go Bucs.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

LEEEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Darden to house, I wish, lol
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:58 pm It’s been an honor gents. Let’s go win this fucking game.
<AHEM>
I said what I said

Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Doooshnzl wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:02 pm Defense needs to affect Stafford. Sacks are the ultimate prize but consistent pressure and getting in his face will result in bad decisions. We really need a couple of guys on defense to have statement games.
We need to get to Stafford and we need to use that same quick passing game from last week. Get the ball out before their pass rush can affect Brady. If Brady can come close to that same 2.1 seconds when throwing, we can have success.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Fresh legs Lenny
I said what I said

accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

Did it say 72 of 75 for OJ Howards on PFF?
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Well thats a start
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Fournette looks good
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Oh FUCK yeah boy. Keep doing that over and over and over
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Fuck yeah Lenny.