Tom Brady: Undecided

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Will Tom Brady Retire?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 42

13F11B

Re: Tom Brady: Undecided

Post by 13F11B »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:16 pm And now Tom Brady just announced that you "never know" when asked about a possible return. I sincerely hope he pulls a Brett Favre stunt as this team needs him.
I hope so too. However, I listened to the entire discussion and it really seemed more like he was retired and comfortable with his decision.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:51 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:16 pm And now Tom Brady just announced that you "never know" when asked about a possible return. I sincerely hope he pulls a Brett Favre stunt as this team needs him.
I hope so too. However, I listened to the entire discussion and it really seemed more like he was retired and comfortable with his decision.
When you say "I don't know how I'll feel six months from now, and if that will change, it most likely won't." We don't know what will happen. He may see how our roster is like. It might be getting close to camp, and he starts having that fever to return. He may even drive Giselle up the wall, and she may just tell him to go back. We don't know how this will play out. But hope is hope.
MJW

Post by MJW »

The trouble is, how much stock does OBP put in this idea? If you believe Brady ***might*** come back, you probably don't do the things you need to do to upgrade the position in the meantime.

OBP needs to proceed as if he's done.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Just hear me out...

I think Brady got pissed when we lost against the Rams in the playoffs. Had we won, we would have played San Fran, and more than likely would have won and would have been back in the Super Bowl.

I don't think he wants to retire, I think he got pissed and wants away from the Bucs. It would surprise me not if on June 3, he gets a release from the Bucs and ends up in San Francisco.
Last edited by Moozician on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Moozician wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:46 pm Just hear me out...

I think Brady got pissed when you lost against the Rams in the playoffs. Had we won, we would have played San Fran, and more than likely won and would have been back in the Super Bowl.

I don't think he wants to retire, I think he got pissed and wants away from the Bucs. It would surprise me not if on June 3, he gets a release from the Bucs and ends up in San Francisco.
I saw the rumor that we would trade his rights for Jimmy G. I would hope would wouldn't do that for a list of reasons, but there is nothing substantial fueling this.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think Brady got pissed when you lost against the Rams in the playoffs. Had we won, we would have played San Fran, and more than likely won and would have been back in the Super Bowl.

Normally I’m all about this sort of drama and speculation. But, Tom had been acting off for weeks. I think he knew his end was near and was already mourning the end.

Maybe Gisele would let him play in Cali though. Who knows.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

If you're Trey Lance you probably ask for a trade. For as much as that's not impossible, I think Tom is the personality type where he can't wait that long. He's so biologically programmed to go to war on the football field that he's going to be going stir crazy within the next 3-5 weeks because he has to give up his mental and physical preparation that was part of his routine for this time a year. He's the guy famous for doing the "Tom Brady thing" who just loses his mind all "LET'S GOOOO!!" if he gets a text from Gronk saying "Hey Tommy wanna win a ring?" My dad once talked about how he knew a few veterans who are like that. Most were all too happy to be home and be done with it. Watch their children/grandchildren grow up. But then you'd have a few guys who after 6 weeks they're chomping at the bit for any kind of "kill or be killed"

If Brady can hold out til June he can probably hold out for good. But you could be right though
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If Tom was to come back he's come back right here in Tampa. He's repeatedly spoken to how it's been the best situation of his career. In his retirement post it was all Bucs. I get SF was his childhood team but that thread only pulls so hard. The thread pulling hardest right now is his wife and family. Period. I can't think of anything that would upset them more than uprooting them to go west.

Also, of course, Tom was pissed after getting eliminated from the playoffs. He wouldn't be Tom if he wasn't. But he knows as well as anyone that's the way the game goes sometimes (cough 18-1 cough).
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:09 pm
I saw the rumor that we would trade his rights for Jimmy G. I would hope would wouldn't do that for a list of reasons, but there is nothing substantial fueling this.
The rumor is also that we are the favs for Kyler Murray. He and Evans are having a bromance on twitter and instagram. We are the top odds in Vegas for both Kyler and JimmyG right now. But they are still just rumors.

Why would he wait until June 3rd? That money is already guaranteed along with a 16 mill payback. Also, he retired. We won't release him. He can't go anywhere if he unretires, whether it's next year or when he's 50. Just like when Brett Favre retired, the Packers still had his rights when they traded him to the Jets.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Does anyone actually buy the Cardinals are going to deal Murray?

He just became eligible for his extension and he wants to get paid. Once that happens, it'll be sunshine and love in Arizona. The social media scrub is a passive-aggressive way for him to nudge the Cardinals. That's all.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:03 am Does anyone actually buy the Cardinals are going to deal Murray?

He just became eligible for his extension and he wants to get paid. Once that happens, it'll be sunshine and love in Arizona. The social media scrub is a passive-aggressive way for him to nudge the Cardinals. That's all.
Well Kyler Murray is being passive aggressive. We don't know what beef he has with Arizona. We know Deshaun Watson said fuck you Texans I will never play another snap with this org. Kyler may be more subtle publicly. He may have told the org on Arizona the same thing behind the scenes but not making it as public as DW did.

Be honest, if a star QB says I will dress for every game but won't go into the game no matter what. Are you going to call his bluff more than a year? If he sits, what do you do? He's still getting paid because he showed up. There is nothing in the CBA saying if a player shows up but refuses to play he doesn't get paid. What do you do as an org? Texans played who will swerve first. How did that work last year?
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:02 am
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:03 am Does anyone actually buy the Cardinals are going to deal Murray?

Well Kyler Murray is being passive aggressive. We don't know what beef he has with Arizona. We know Deshaun Watson said fuck you Texans I will never play another snap with this org. Kyler may be more subtle publicly. He may have told the org on Arizona the same thing behind the scenes but not making it as public as DW did.
He's being Passive-Aggressive as hell, but it's a heck of a leap to, "He wants to leave Arizona." Just as it's a leap to, "The Cardinals will be willing to deal him."

He'll get his money - Josh Allen's 6-258 (that's really 5-164) is a good barometer. It'll happen. I'm grateful for this as "something to discuss" here in Tampa, but that's all it is, and it'll be quickly forgotten.

Personally, as I said, I think Murray is a tad overrated. He's brilliant at times, but also inconsistent as hell. I put him a full notch below the best young QBs in the game. But he'll get his money.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:07 am
kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:02 am

He's being Passive-Aggressive as hell, but it's a heck of a leap to, "He wants to leave Arizona." Just as it's a leap to, "The Cardinals will be willing to deal him."

He'll get his money - Josh Allen's 6-258 (that's really 5-164) is a good barometer. It'll happen. I'm grateful for this as "something to discuss" here in Tampa, but that's all it is, and it'll be quickly forgotten.

Personally, as I said, I think Murray is a tad overrated. He's brilliant at times, but also inconsistent as hell. I put him a full notch below the best young QBs in the game. But he'll get his money.
So you think voiding the last year of his contract that Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to leave Green Bay either or Deshaun Watson doesn't want to leave Houston? I mean top tier QBs are flexing their muscles and honestly what are they going to do if the player dresses and refuses to go in the game. The coaches and GMs are powerless at that point. We fired AB, but no GM is firing a franchise QB if they can get 3 or more 1st round draft picks for them.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:16 am
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:07 am

So you think voiding the last year of his contract that Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to leave Green Bay either or Deshaun Watson doesn't want to leave Houston? I mean top tier QBs are flexing their muscles and honestly what are they going to do if the player dresses and refuses to go in the game. The coaches and GMs are powerless at that point. We fired AB, but no GM is firing a franchise QB if they can get 3 or more 1st round draft picks for them
Murray has a legit 3 years of team control left, that's the difference. And until last week, nobody perceived any rift between him and the organization. He literally just became eligible for an extension (the CBA says a draftee has to have 3 years of service to be eligible for one.) He wants to get paid. He has a coach who has built his entire attack around him. An organization he's the face of. A roster fresh off a division championship. I would be shocked if this isn't gamesmanship. And I get it! The worst way to begin a negotiation is to say, "I want to be here no matter what."

Rodgers and Watson are different stories. The Watson deal is toxic, and there's no walking it back. That would be true even without the tug and rub situation. Watson will never play another snap for the Texans. I doubt you can find one person plugged-in who will argue otherwise. And Rodgers? He might have been in that situation, but he seems to be walking it back a little now. Maybe the market wasn't as robust as he thought it would be. We'll see.

Murray, though? I've seen this movie many times. Young draftee approaching his payday. Says, "Hmmm, I dunno, I could play anywhere." Dollars get upped. Deal signed. Everyone happy, and the idea he'd ever leave is brushed into the dustbin of history.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@MJW Let me give you some of your sterling takes.

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:09 am
Aggressively unpopular opinion:

I think Andy Dalton is pretty good, for a quarterback you really don't want as your designated starter.

Before the disaster of last season, he was 68-50-2 as the starter for the Bengals. Three Pro Bowls. 62% completion. 188-104 TD/INT.
I just.want to say your shitty evaluation of Dalton being a good QB excludes you from talking about QBs in the future.
MJW wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:01 am
The Tequila Sunrises aren't happening. The Glazers don't have the balls.

As for Dalton...I don't get the hate.

Discounting his rookie year (which wasn't honestly that bad) and the Zac Taylor shitshow last year (GBR!), his average year:

306-486
63% Completion
3529 Yards
24 TDs
13 INTs
58% Win Percentage as a starter

He played with SOME good players. He usually had the benefit of AJ Green. There have been a few solid #2 receivers to pass through, but nothing like Chris Godwin. He's had a few years with a good running game, but it's rarely been great. The defense has usually been mediocre or worse. The line has probably been average until the last few years, when it's been terrible.

IMHO, he comes to Tampa, with our weapons and coaches, and he beats that 63% completed, tops 4,000 yards (maybe even 4,500), and gives us at worst a 2-1 TD/INT ratio.

It's not a sexy option. He's a lower-tier starter. But he's good enough to win with, and his relative (to Brady and Rivers) youth means we could be the guy for 2-3 years, meaning we don't have to panic for a future QB in the draft.
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

MJW wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:53 pm
The trouble is, how much stock does OBP put in this idea? If you believe Brady ***might*** come back, you probably don't do the things you need to do to upgrade the position in the meantime.

Proceeding as if he is done might be the wrong thing to do if you want your desired outcome to come to fruition which is to start Trask I believe.

I think it more likely he comes out of retirement if Trask is at the helm and we stumble out of the gate, rather than say bringing in a known quantity like Carr or Cousins, or even less likely, the pipe dreams Rogers and Murray.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:46 am @MJW Let me give you some of your sterling takes.

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:09 am
Aggressively unpopular opinion:

I think Andy Dalton is pretty good, for a quarterback you really don't want as your designated starter.

Before the disaster of last season, he was 68-50-2 as the starter for the Bengals. Three Pro Bowls. 62% completion. 188-104 TD/INT.
I just.want to say your shitty evaluation of Dalton being a good QB excludes you from talking about QBs in the future.
MJW wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:01 am
The Tequila Sunrises aren't happening. The Glazers don't have the balls.

As for Dalton...I don't get the hate.

Discounting his rookie year (which wasn't honestly that bad) and the Zac Taylor shitshow last year (GBR!), his average year:

306-486
63% Completion
3529 Yards
24 TDs
13 INTs
58% Win Percentage as a starter

He played with SOME good players. He usually had the benefit of AJ Green. There have been a few solid #2 receivers to pass through, but nothing like Chris Godwin. He's had a few years with a good running game, but it's rarely been great. The defense has usually been mediocre or worse. The line has probably been average until the last few years, when it's been terrible.

IMHO, he comes to Tampa, with our weapons and coaches, and he beats that 63% completed, tops 4,000 yards (maybe even 4,500), and gives us at worst a 2-1 TD/INT ratio.

It's not a sexy option. He's a lower-tier starter. But he's good enough to win with, and his relative (to Brady and Rivers) youth means we could be the guy for 2-3 years, meaning we don't have to panic for a future QB in the draft.
I basically tear apart Dalton here dude. I call him "lower tier." I say he's not a guy you want as your designated starter. I correctly point out that he was solid with the Bengals - which he was.

If you want to invalidate my opinion of quarterbacks, let me help: I loved Josh Rosen, and hated Justin Herbert. You want to go deeper? I loved Ryan Leaf. I liked Dwayne Haskins. I was a big fan of Jake Locker. I'm still a Jordan Love apologist. I kinda liked EJ Manuel.

Hope this helps.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

Brazen331 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:55 am
MJW wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:53 pm

Proceeding as if he is done might be the wrong thing to do if you want your desired outcome to come to fruition which is to start Trask I believe.

I think it more likely he comes out of retirement if Trask is at the helm and we stumble out of the gate, rather than say bringing in a known quantity like Carr or Cousins, or even less likely, the pipe dreams Rogers and Murray.
I don't let Brady hold us hostage.

I'm sorry to use such loaded language, but it is what it is. Dude retired. We likely begged him not to. But he did. Now we have to proceed forward in whatever fashion is best for the Bucs. I don't do anything with, "How will Tom feel about this?" in mind.
Let's roll another joint
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm

Why would he wait until June 3rd? That money is already guaranteed along with a 16 mill payback. Also, he retired. We won't release him. He can't go anywhere if he unretires, whether it's next year or when he's 50. Just like when Brett Favre retired, the Packers still had his rights when they traded him to the Jets.
The June 3rd date has to do with the BUCS releasing him. They wait until June to lessen the cap hit, don't they?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Moozician wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:40 am
kaimaru wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:29 pm

The June 3rd date has to do with the BUCS releasing him. They wait until June to lessen the cap hit, don't they?
He's not officially retired. More than likely we will move him to the reserve/retired spot, which saves the same amount of money as releasing him but we retain his rights for 1 year if he ever returns so that we could keep or trade him.

From OTC, there's no benefit for us to simply release him.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

From the rumors I'm hearing, that has a lot more traction. San Fran has the pieces in place to win now. The Bucs, unfortunately don't with all the free agents they are about to lose.

Rather than release Brady, maybe trade him to San Fran for Jimmy G? Or draft picks?
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

So some of you think Brady's retirement is him actually Ring chasing and, by retiring, he's just trying to get away from the Bucs because he doesn't think the Bucs are his best chance of winning Ring #8? lmao

The dude is retired. If he comes back, he comes back to the Bucs. My opinion.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:42 pm So some of you think Brady's retirement is him actually Ring chasing and, by retiring, he's just trying to get away from the Bucs because he doesn't think the Bucs are his best chance of winning Ring #8? lmao

We would have to allow him to go elsewhere, too.

I agree with you.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:42 pm So some of you think Brady's retirement is him actually Ring chasing and, by retiring, he's just trying to get away from the Bucs because he doesn't think the Bucs are his best chance of winning Ring #8? lmao

We would have to allow him to go elsewhere, too.

I agree with you.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The 49ers traded 3 1st round picks & a 3rd to get the chance to draft Trey Lance.

They ain't trading for Brady. And if they feel QB is a worry spot for them, fire Lynch for giving up that much capital for a guy that's not going to play.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:58 pm The 49ers traded 3 1st round picks & a 3rd to get the chance to draft Trey Lance.

They ain't trading for Brady. And if they feel QB is a worry spot for them, fire Lynch for giving up that much capital for a guy that's not going to play.
Hold on just a second there. Jimmy G stands to be around for the long haul. Brady is on the verge of riding off into the sunset. The Niners are built to win now and they have a young Trey Lance waiting in the wings to take over in the future. Don't you think it would be logical to bring in Brady and have Lance sit and learn under him for a year?

If they offer Jimmy G and a conditional pick for Brady, do you take it?
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:16 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:58 pm The 49ers traded 3 1st round picks & a 3rd to get the chance to draft Trey Lance.

Hold on just a second there. Jimmy G stands to be around for the long haul. Brady is on the verge of riding off into the sunset. The Niners are built to win now and they have a young Trey Lance waiting in the wings to take over in the future. Don't you think it would be logical to bring in Brady and have Lance sit and learn under him for a year?

You don't trade 3 1sts and a 3rd for a QB you don't believe can take over at any given moment. He doesn't need to sit another year. That would be terrible allocation of resources.

Sorry, not trading for a 45 year old QB.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Yeah, Buc2, that's exactly what I'm thinking. He brought us back to a tie, and the defense couldn't hold on for two plays.

If we were going to be in the Super Bowl again, do you think we'd be hearing about retirement?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Moozician wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:02 pm

Yeah, Buc2, that's exactly what I'm thinking. He brought us back to a tie, and the defense couldn't hold on for two plays.

If we were going to be in the Super Bowl again, do you think we'd be hearing about retirement?
Which is the reason there are rumors that he is unhappy with the Bucs. I sure he thought, "motherfuckers couldn't hold them out of field goal after they got a sack?" I think if we got to overtime and lost that he wouldn't have retired. He is just upset which is why he left the door open. On instagram, Jenna Laine thinks that he is waiting to see what happens to Jensen and Godwin in free agency before actually deciding.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:18 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:16 pm

You don't trade 3 1sts and a 3rd for a QB you don't believe can take over at any given moment. He doesn't need to sit another year. That would be terrible allocation of resources.

So sometimes you make insightful posts; sometimes, not so much.

I certainly can't imagine any team that came within a bad QB of playing in the Super Bowl trading that QB that cost them a shot at a championship for the GOAT. Why would anyone ever do that when they have a second-year player who's still figuring out which way the field is from the locker room and is only ten thousand levels below the GOAT they could trade for? Yeah, nobody would do that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:52 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:18 pm

So sometimes you make insightful posts; sometimes, not so much.

I certainly can't imagine any team that came within a bad QB of playing in the Super Bowl trading that QB that cost them a shot at a championship for the GOAT. Why would anyone ever do that when they have a second-year player who's still figuring out which way the field is from the locker room and is only ten thousand levels below the GOAT they could trade for? Yeah, nobody would do that.
Your assessment of Lance doesn't lineup with anything based in reality. The Niners and Garoppolo have both acknowledged that they are moving on. That doesn't happen if they don't believe in Lance. By all reports and indicators as well as they handful of starts he's made, he's more than ready.

Additionally, Lynch had the chance to bring in Brady 2 years ago and didn't bother. In fact all reports indicate Brady's market wasn't as hot as it was projected to be. Why? It's because of his age. Plain and simple. We got lucky for 2 years. But Father time is undefeated and eventually the bell will toll. There's not an athlete alive that it didn't happen for.

So if you believe the Niners are going to trade MORE draft picks to use on their QB position(We both know you don't actually believe that) after they've spent 3 1sts & a 3rd for the guy they are handing the keys to, you're crazy.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

The only thing more upsetting than Brady retiring is Brady coming out of retirement to play for another team.

I swear some of you are masochists.
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote:Your assessment of Lance doesn't lineup with anything based in reality. The Niners and Garoppolo have both acknowledged that they are moving on. That doesn't happen if they don't believe in Lance. By all reports and indicators as well as they handful of starts he's made, he's more than ready.

Additionally, Lynch had the chance to bring in Brady 2 years ago and didn't bother. In fact all reports indicate Brady's market wasn't as hot as it was projected to be. Why? It's because of his age. Plain and simple. We got lucky for 2 years. But Father time is undefeated and eventually the bell will toll. There's not an athlete alive that it didn't happen for.

So if you believe the Niners are going to trade MORE draft picks to use on their QB position(We both know you don't actually believe that) after they've spent 3 1sts & a 3rd for the guy they are handing the keys to, you're crazy.
The 49ers are moving on from Jimmy G because he's garbage. I don't thinkt that has anything to do with them believing in Lance. He didn't play a snap in the playoffs despite Jimmy actively trying to throw the ball to the other team for three straight games. They obviously didn't believe he gave them a better chance to make the Super Bowl than an injured, below average QB in Garoppolo two weeks ago, but now they're going to pass on the best QB in football because of him? Well that wouldn't make any sense. Lance is the only 2021 first round QB that didn't play significant snaps all season. What does that tell you about their trust in him.

And do you really believe our FO would play hardball if Brady asks them to let him finish his career with his hometown team? After he won us a Super Bowl and put us back on the map? Yeah that's not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Brady will unretire, and if he does, staying with the Bucs would give him the best shot at another ring. But let's not act like he wouldn't be an absolute no-brainer for the 49ers. Brady in the Shanahan offense throwing to Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk? Shanahan running the ball and play-action out of 12-personell with Kittle, Gronk and Deebo in the backfield? Seriously? As a football fan, I'd like to see that happen, I'm not gonna lie.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:25 pm
King Bootz wrote:Your assessment of Lance doesn't lineup with anything based in reality. The Niners and Garoppolo have both acknowledged that they are moving on. That doesn't happen if they don't believe in Lance. By all reports and indicators as well as they handful of starts he's made, he's more than ready.

The 49ers are moving on from Jimmy G because he's garbage. I don't thinkt that has anything to do with them believing in Lance. He didn't play a snap in the playoffs despite Jimmy actively trying to throw the ball to the other team for three straight games. They obviously didn't believe he gave them a better chance to make the Super Bowl than an injured, below average QB in Garoppolo two weeks ago, but now they're going to pass on the best QB in football because of him? Well that wouldn't make any sense. Lance is the only 2021 first round QB that didn't play significant snaps all season. What does that tell you about their trust in him.

And do you really believe our FO would play hardball if Brady asks them to let him finish his career with his hometown team? After he won us a Super Bowl and put us back on the map? Yeah that's not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Brady will unretire, and if he does, staying with the Bucs would give him the best shot at another ring. But let's not act like he wouldn't be an absolute no-brainer for the 49ers. Brady in the Shanahan offense throwing to Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk? Shanahan running the ball and play-action out of 12-personell with Kittle, Gronk and Deebo in the backfield? Seriously? As a football fan, I'd like to see that happen, I'm not gonna lie.
It has everything to do with Lance. Unless your position is that Lynch is a shit GM, you don't trade 3 1sts and a 3rd for a guy you don't believe in.

This was always the plan. Ride Jimmy G in 2021, develop Lance, have him ready to go in 2022. I get that Bucs fans wouldn't understand that. But it was their plan all along and it's coming to fruition.

This Niners team is built for a young QB to take over and succeed in without having to shoulder the burden. Great run game, Oline, weapons and defense. Lance will be fine and an upgrade over Jimmy G.
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:36 pm
Max wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:25 pm

It has everything to do with Lance. Unless your position is that Lynch is a shit GM, you don't trade 3 1sts and a 3rd for a guy you don't believe in.

This was always the plan. Ride Jimmy G in 2021, develop Lance, have him ready to go in 2022. I get that Bucs fans wouldn't understand that. But it was their plan all along and it's coming to fruition.

This Niners team is built for a young QB to take over and succeed in without having to shoulder the burden. Great run game, Oline, weapons and defense. Lance will be fine and an upgrade over Jimmy G.
The 49ers are built to win now. And as a Bucs fan you should know that draft picks are nothing more than lottery tickets. You (and the 49ers for that matter) don't know if Lance will even become an average starter in this league. Lance could sit for another year. He'll be 22 years old in 2023. The 49ers would be out of their minds to pass up on Brady to play Lance one year earlier.