Tom Brady: Undecided

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Will Tom Brady Retire?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 42

Phantom

Re: Tom Brady: Undecided

Post by Phantom »

Thank you for the wonderful two years memories, Tom Brady!

Hope he buy the Bucs from Glazer family.. finger crossed
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:16 am Shit... Well he went out on his own terms and not only that won us 25 games and a ring. Salud big guy. See you in the Ring of Honor. Until then, ride into the sunset with that smoke show of a wife and don't look back.

Brady wins at life
No kidding, talk about living life to the fullest.

Became the best all time in the league and retiring in tremendous shape and can now start a 2nd life focusing on family and business.

I'm not religious, but if the word blessed could be applied to anyone it would be him.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:32 am
Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:16 am Shit... Well he went out on his own terms and not only that won us 25 games and a ring. Salud big guy. See you in the Ring of Honor. Until then, ride into the sunset with that smoke show of a wife and don't look back.

Brady wins at life
No kidding, talk about living life to the fullest.

Became the best all time in the league and retiring in tremendous shape and can now start a 2nd life focusing on family and business.

I'm not religious, but if the word blessed could be applied to anyone it would be him.
It's because Gisele is a witch...or so that one crazy person said on our board.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

Sad

I hoped he would go to San Fran for one last season.

The team would be great for him.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Draftline wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 am Sad

I assume you are a Brady fan and not a Bucs fan.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 am
Draftline wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 am Sad

Nope.. been a buc fan since october 2002..

If we had a competitive team I would love Brady to stay with the team, but I just dont see it.. even closely.. I cant see any other outcome than a rebuild the next couple of years. I see no reason to drag any old veteran through that.

Resign, draft and get rid of cap issues. Then in a couple of years start with big FA signings again. Hopefully before Burrow is nearing in on his retirement.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Draftline wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:53 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 am

If we had a competitive team I would love Brady to stay with the team, but I just dont see it.. even closely.. I cant see any other outcome than a rebuild the next couple of years. I see no reason to drag any old veteran through that.

Resign, draft and get rid of cap issues. Then in a couple of years start with big FA signings again. Hopefully before Burrow is nearing in on his retirement.
We could bring every single player back if we wanted to...and/or add other players.

Wanting to see him go somewhere else is odd for a fan, but everyone has their own fetishes.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:56 am
Draftline wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:53 am

We could bring every single player back if we wanted to...and/or add other players.

Wanting to see him go somewhere else is odd for a fan, but everyone has their own fetishes.
If that a possibility I would obviously prefer that. I am not as familiar with the cap system. It was my impression that it would be literaly impossible given that cap situation.

Hence, one more year somewhere else (where he could beat Rams after yet another disastrous SB loss to a low seeded AFC contender)..
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Draftline wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:06 am

If that a possibility I would obviously prefer that. I am not as familiar with the cap system. It was my impression that it would be literaly impossible given that cap situation.

Hence, one more year somewhere else (where he could beat Rams after yet another disastrous SB loss to a low seeded AFC contender)..
The roster is fine, cap is fine...we have plenty of money to do what we wish, but now don't have a QB.

I just can't imagine hoping the best player on a team I cheer for, under contract would play elsewhere.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

The roster is fine, cap is fine...we have plenty of money to do what we wish, but now don't have a QB.

I just can't imagine hoping the best player on a team I cheer for, under contract would play elsewhere.
Given the assumtions above.

Your info is all new to me.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Thank you Tom Brady for making the Tampa Bay Buccaneers relevant again. Enjoy your retirement and first ballot Hall of Fame enshrinement.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Welp.
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

The Bucs seem to have a few 49ers fans that root for them
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Pats fans are salty he didn’t mention New England. Someone discovered the picture he used was taken at the Pats game this season too. One last parting gift for Buc fans maybe…
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:20 pm Pats fans are salty he didn’t mention New England. Someone discovered the picture he used was taken at the Pats game this season too. One last parting gift for Buc fans maybe…
Personally, I think he opted for that particular shot as a way to pay homage to the fans of both teams. In one picture, he captured the name of NE's stadium with the saying, "Forever New England," under it while, at the same time, running off that field in a Bucs uniform while waving to the NE fans.

Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:02 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:20 pm Pats fans are salty he didn’t mention New England. Someone discovered the picture he used was taken at the Pats game this season too. One last parting gift for Buc fans maybe…
Personally, I think he opted for that particular shot as a way to pay homage to the fans of both teams. In one picture, he captured the name of NE's stadium with the saying, "Forever New England," under it while, at the same time, running off that field in a Bucs uniform while waving to the NE fans.

Just as on the field Brady pays attention to all the details. Good points on that image.
Nano

Post by Nano »

I have a feeling that no old star QB will ever want to play with Mike Evans again.

Where's the ball that was the last TD pass in Brady’s career? Who knows, Evans gave it to someone in the crowd. :lol:
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

This thread had a great ride while it lasted but we know Brady's decision now and we've got a thread made for it. Let's pick it up there

-LV
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

Open: given that Brady had retired I figured perhaps things would flow into that one. If I screw up I'll own it and I didn't do it to tick everyone off. Have a good night
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Lol
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tom Brady retiring to dodge a collusion scandal is a little better than quitting because his wife bullied him into it.

Long live Tommy!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Mod LV wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:41 pm Open: given that Brady had retired I figured perhaps things would flow into that one. If I screw up I'll own it and I didn't do it to tick everyone off. Have a good night
No worries bro.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Bill released a statement when he left NE. Seems like he said it all already.

“Tom was not just a player who bought into our program. He was one of its original creators. Tom lived and perpetuated our culture. On a daily basis, he was a tone setter and a bar raiser. He won championships in three of his first four years on the field and in three of his final six seasons with us, while competing for championships in most every season in between. This is a credit to Tom’s consistency and what separates him. He didn’t just perform. He didn’t just win. He won championships over and over again.

"Tom and I will always have a great relationship built on love, admiration, respect and appreciation. Tom’s success as a player and his character as a person are exceptional. Nothing about the end of Tom’s Patriots career changes how unfathomably spectacular it was. With his relentless competitiveness and longevity, he earned everyone’s adoration and will be celebrated forever. It has been a privilege to coach Tom Brady for 20 years.

"Examples of Tom’s greatness are limitless, going back even before he was drafted. We witnessed how he prepared when he wasn’t playing, how he performed when he got his opportunity, what he did to continuously improve, his leadership, his mindset, the example he set, and, of course, the person he is. I am extremely grateful for what he did for our team and for me personally.

"Sometimes in life, it takes some time to pass before truly appreciating something or someone but that has not been the case with Tom. He is a special person and the greatest quarterback of all-time."
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:21 pm Bill released a statement when he left NE. Seems like he said it all already.

“Tom was not just a player who bought into our program. He was one of its original creators. Tom lived and perpetuated our culture. On a daily basis, he was a tone setter and a bar raiser. He won championships in three of his first four years on the field and in three of his final six seasons with us, while competing for championships in most every season in between. This is a credit to Tom’s consistency and what separates him. He didn’t just perform. He didn’t just win. He won championships over and over again.

"Tom and I will always have a great relationship built on love, admiration, respect and appreciation. Tom’s success as a player and his character as a person are exceptional. Nothing about the end of Tom’s Patriots career changes how unfathomably spectacular it was. With his relentless competitiveness and longevity, he earned everyone’s adoration and will be celebrated forever. It has been a privilege to coach Tom Brady for 20 years.

"Examples of Tom’s greatness are limitless, going back even before he was drafted. We witnessed how he prepared when he wasn’t playing, how he performed when he got his opportunity, what he did to continuously improve, his leadership, his mindset, the example he set, and, of course, the person he is. I am extremely grateful for what he did for our team and for me personally.

"Sometimes in life, it takes some time to pass before truly appreciating something or someone but that has not been the case with Tom. He is a special person and the greatest quarterback of all-time."
Right, just like Brady didn't say anything about NE, they both had their statements when Brady left.

Not a big deal at all.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:17 pm Man B.B. is piece of shit

https://brobible.com/sports/article/bru ... statement/
It is rare that one can draw a conclusion about a person who is silent. However, in this case, I think you are correct. The difference between Tampa Brady and New England Brady seemed to indicated BB was always shoving a hot poker up his ass in New England. In Tampa, Brady was allowed to be himself. He was allowed to have fun. I wonder if Bill is still pissed off about Brady winning a Super Bowl without him. When I think of this situation I think of Don't You by Simple Minds.

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Not logging into the serious bidness account because it's not needed here and I have zero fucking issues saying for the record the following:

It's been a tough year for the admin/mod team. From learning on the fly to dealing with extreme personalities and more than a handful of supremely trying personal issues - we've struggled, learned, and fought for and with the community at large to provide a new home with the best possible suite of features you all have asked for. It ain't perfect, and it will forever remain a work in progress (as it should be, IMO) - but I let me be clear - for all of the struggles and faux pas we've made, I still have supreme confidence in all of the people that have volunteered their time and efforts and time and more time towards the goal of keeping both this website and community alive and kicking.

Thank you to everyone that has PM'd criticism, advice, and encouragement. Thank you to everyone that has PM'd notices of fuckwad accounts, Bi-Post accounts, etc. Quite obviously, this website wouldn't exist without your support and engagement. So on behalf of Mooz, Mod LV, Mod X, Mod TB12, and Mod Roman Numerals, thank you. Seriously and from the heart, thank you.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

There are now no players in the NFL that are older than me :(
nybf

Post by nybf »

IronDog

Post by IronDog »

I thought this thread died an insufferable death.
Push the damned button already!
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:44 pm There are now no players in the NFL that are older than me :(
Wait until theres no more coaches older than you.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:02 pm

That wasn’t the picture Brady used though. It’s this one:

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

nybf wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm
Gronk using super duper without a second thought is the energy I need in my 2022.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

And now Tom Brady just announced that you "never know" when asked about a possible return. I sincerely hope he pulls a Brett Favre stunt as this team needs him.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion