*OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

PeterGuptill

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread* - No Alpha because he is a bitch

Post by PeterGuptill »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm 2-0-1 without two top 5 players all time.

I’ll take it.
Gretzky
Lemieux
Howe
Orr
Espo
Richard
Orr
Ovie
Etc.

Crosby. Top 5? NO WAY IN HELL. Top 10? Probably.

Malkin!? GTFoutta here. Quit jerkin' the Pens off and get real.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

PeterGuptill wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:37 am
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm 2-0-1 without two top 5 players all time.

I’ll take it.
Gretzky
Lemieux
Howe
Orr
Espo
Richard
Orr
Ovie
Etc.

Crosby and Malkin have three cups.

Crosby is also better than Ovie in every stat other than goals, and is a much better two way player.

Malkin’s my favorite player of all time, so I overrate him a little hit. He’s probably top 10 too though.
PeterGuptill

Post by PeterGuptill »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 am
PeterGuptill wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:37 am

Gretzky
Lemieux
Howe
Orr
Espo
Richard
Orr
Ovie
Etc.

Crosby is also better than Ovie in every stat other than goals, and is a much better two way player.

Malkin’s my favorite player of all time, so I overrate him a little hit. He’s probably top 10 too though.
Oh. So we're going by Cups!? Than neither Crosby OR Malkin are top 10. Good effort though.

Selkes. Crosby AND Ovie = Zero. So much for your "much better 2-way player" theory.

You don't know wtf you're talking about, other than your man-love for the Pens. You are clearly WRONG on EVERY count. Malkin, IS IN NO WAY, a top 10 NHL'er. You are f-ing HIGH to even think that.

Fuck off.

EDIT:

"Other than goals".

Well...that's kind of a thing. When you're talking about a guy who has a realistic chance at TOPPING GRETZKY!

Are you just stupid or ignorant?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

PeterGuptill wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am
BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:31 am

Oh. So we're going by Cups!? Than neither Crosby OR Malkin are top 10. Good effort though.

Selkes. Crosby AND Ovie = Zero. So much for your "much better 2-way player" theory.

You don't know wtf you're talking about, other than your man-love for the Pens. You are clearly WRONG on EVERY count. Malkin, IS IN NO WAY, a top 10 NHL'er. You are f-ing HIGH to even think that.

Fuck off.

EDIT:

"Other than goals".

Well...that's kind of a thing. When you're talking about a guy who has a realistic chance at TOPPING GRETZKY!

No idea who you are or where you came from…

Crosby is the consensus number one player from this generation.

Malkin doesn’t get the love of that but is most often considered a top 5 current player.

And Crosby isn’t just cups, he’s game winning Gold medal too. Cros has done it for so long, not that Ovie hasn’t. My best friend sucks Ovie’s dick too, so I get this one a lot because hes a freak goal scorer who’s physical.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am
PeterGuptill wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am

Fuck off.

EDIT:

"Other than goals".

Malkin doesn’t get the love of that but is most often considered a top 5 current player.

And Crosby isn’t just cups, he’s game winning Gold medal too. Cros has done it for so long, not that Ovie hasn’t. My best friend sucks Ovie’s dick too, so I get this one a lot because hes a freak goal scorer who’s physical.
No... Malkin is not a top 5 current player, that is retarded. Hell he is not even the 2nd best player on the Pens.

He is marginally better statistically than Stamkos and Stamkos arrived in the league two years later and missed a lot of time.

If Crosby could have kept the injuries in check he would have certainly been better than Ovechkin. He has played 150 fewer games. He missed too much time and hit the cliff early. Peak Crosby was better than Peak Ovechkin. But Career wise it is Ovechkin.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:41 am
BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am

No... Malkin is not a top 5 current player, that is retarded. Hell he is not even the 2nd best player on the Pens.

He is marginally better statistically than Stamkos and Stamkos arrived in the league two years later and missed a lot of time.

If Crosby could have kept the injuries in check he would have certainly been better than Ovechkin. He has played 150 fewer games. He missed too much time and hit the cliff early. Peak Crosby was better than Peak Ovechkin. But Career wise it is Ovechkin.
Who’s better than Malkin on the current Pens roster???

And Ovie doesn’t have 3 cups or a gold medal…

Crosby does. Career might be shorter, but Cros has had concussion problems. Ovie is the better goal scorer, Crosby takes the cake everywhere else.

Both are ancient and still are discussed in the MVP campaign.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Fuck the Penguins.
Don't tread on me
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:41 am

Crosby does. Career might be shorter, but Cros has had concussion problems. Ovie is the better goal scorer, Crosby takes the cake everywhere else.

Who gives a shit about team accomplishments when evaluating individual players? Who was better, Bob Griese or Dan Mario?

Crosby used to take the cake everywhere else but could not stay on the ice. If you cant stay on the ice you are not as useful as someone that is.

Ovechkin has the chance to go down in all time history Crosby is not even close in any statistic. ... It is not a hard concept to grasp
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:57 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 am

Who gives a shit about team accomplishments when evaluating individual players? Who was better, Bob Griese or Dan Mario?

Crosby used to take the cake everywhere else but could not stay on the ice. If you cant stay on the ice you are not as useful as someone that is.

Ovechkin has the chance to go down in all time history Crosby is not even close in any statistic. ... It is not a hard concept to grasp
DD… your troll job is weak, and I’m not even a Crosby fan. Crosby may be hated but he is the reason why the Pens franchise turned around. The arena sold out every game in his starting career.

Team accomplishments are checked in hockey, bro.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Fuck the Pens. Start your own damn thread with that shit.
Don't tread on me
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:57 pm

DD… your troll job is weak, and I’m not even a Crosby fan. Crosby may be hated but he is the reason why the Pens franchise turned around. The arena sold out every game in his starting career.

Troll? That is what you are going with?

You did not answer the question. Hell, you did not even provide a logical retort.

You provided zero quantifiable reasons that Crosby will go down in history as being better than Ovechkin.

You only provided reasons why Crosby has been important to the Penguins. Team accomplishments are not individual accomplishments and I gave a perfect example why. You provided Nothing.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:06 am

You did not answer the question. Hell, you did not even provide a logical retort.

You provided zero quantifiable reasons that Crosby will go down in history as being better than Ovechkin.

You only provided reasons why Crosby has been important to the Penguins. Team accomplishments are not individual accomplishments and I gave a perfect example why. You provided Nothing.
So where is being a savior to a franchise and winning three cups there, with a Gold Medal(game winner) not answering it?

Crosby has meant more to Pittsburgh than Ovie has to Washington.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:12 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:39 pm

So where is being a savior to a franchise and winning three cups there, with a Gold Medal(game winner) not answering it?

Because that is not what is being debated here you doofus... How are you this obtuse?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:22 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:12 pm

Because that is not what is being debated here you doofus... How are you this obtuse?
The argument is top 5 players all time. In my mind, being a top player means you did something for your city too, won cups, accolades outside of the normal leagues. Russia has been awful in international play. It’s a knock on both Malkin and Ovie, along with other top notch Russian talent.

I’m too busy of a man to break down stats… but Crosby’s in his 17th season. He’s still very effective as a player. Same with Ovechkin.

There is a way to refute points without calling someone a moron, by the way. It’s a sports opinion. I have nothing but my experience watching the game and being around talented players/coaches in my area. I grew up in the original Hockeyville. Slapshot, baby. Passionate fans in my area taught me the game.

Top 5 is a subjective list. I never saw guys like Gordie Howe in his prime. I’ve seen Crosby do things no other man on earth can do though. For me, his accolades are impressive enough to warrant a top 5 slot.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Well other than GoalsPG, honestly Crosby on a per game basis is as good or in some cases, a LOT better than Ovie.

Career
PointsPG
Sidney Crosby 1.274 #7
Alex Ovechkin 1.108 #26

AssistsPG
Sidney Crosby .807 #8
Alex Ovechkin .495 #181

GoalsPG
Alex Ovechkin .613 #8
Sidney Crosby .467 #41

Shot%
Sidney Crosby 14.61 #198
Alex Ovechkin 12.8 #Notintop 250

GoalsCreatedPG
Alex Ovechkin .467 #14
Sidney Crosby 466 #15

+/-
Sidney Crosby 180 #91
Alex Ovechkin 82 #Notintop 250
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 pm Well other than GoalsPG, honestly Crosby on a per game basis is as good or in some cases, a LOT better than Ovie.

Career
PointsPG
Sidney Crosby 1.274 #7
Alex Ovechkin 1.108 #26

AssistsPG
Sidney Crosby .807 #8
Alex Ovechkin .495 #181

GoalsPG
Alex Ovechkin .613 #8
Sidney Crosby .467 #41

Shot%
Sidney Crosby 14.61 #198

GoalsCreatedPG
Alex Ovechkin .467 #14
Sidney Crosby 466 #15

+/-
Sidney Crosby 180 #91
Again DD is trolling.

Crosby is the consensus Greatest player of his generation amongst all big Hockey minds.

It helps having Malkin on his team, but they rarely teamed up outside of the PP.

It was end of game scenarios where they put out the dual headed monster(legit what announcers call it).

Edit: and every weakness 87 has, he’s worked on. Faceoffs/defensive zone stuff. And on top of that… IS the epitome of Pens hockey. He’s the model for what is to be expected in the locker room.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 pm Well other than GoalsPG, honestly Crosby on a per game basis is as good or in some cases, a LOT better than Ovie.

Career
PointsPG
Sidney Crosby 1.274 #7
Alex Ovechkin 1.108 #26

AssistsPG
Sidney Crosby .807 #8
Alex Ovechkin .495 #181

GoalsPG
Alex Ovechkin .613 #8
Sidney Crosby .467 #41

Shot%
Sidney Crosby 14.61 #198

GoalsCreatedPG
Alex Ovechkin .467 #14
Sidney Crosby 466 #15

+/-
Sidney Crosby 180 #91
The issue with all those stats is they are mostly Per Game percentages. I already said peak Crosby was better than peak Ovechkin. However Ovechkin has played over a 150 MORE games. you cant give someone a top 5 place if they can't stay on the ice.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:16 am

Career
PointsPG
Sidney Crosby 1.274 #7
Alex Ovechkin 1.108 #26

AssistsPG
Sidney Crosby .807 #8
Alex Ovechkin .495 #181

GoalsPG
Alex Ovechkin .613 #8
Sidney Crosby .467 #41

Shot%
Sidney Crosby 14.61 #198

GoalsCreatedPG
Alex Ovechkin .467 #14
Sidney Crosby 466 #15

+/-
Sidney Crosby 180 #91
Again DD is trolling.

Crosby is the consensus Greatest player of his generation amongst all big Hockey minds.

It helps having Malkin on his team, but they rarely teamed up outside of the PP.

It was end of game scenarios where they put out the dual headed monster(legit what announcers call it).

Edit: and every weakness 87 has, he’s worked on. Faceoffs/defensive zone stuff. And on top of that… IS the epitome of Pens hockey. He’s the model for what is to be expected in the locker room.
Jesus Christ I did not think it was true... but you are an idiot.

You are saying Crosby is better than Gretzky, Orr, Lemieux, Howe, Lidstrom,Yzerman or Jagr? What are you 15?

Also Quit talking about Malkin... jesus
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Look BJ I'm gonna be super nice about this. Every last word you said about Crosby is right. He is borderline generational and it is correct to put him into consideration of the best of the generation. But here's the thing dude. His one time arch-nemesis Alex Ovechkin might just break Gretzky's goal scoring record. My guy that is THE definition of generational. It will never happen again and no one else will come close if he actually does it.And IF he does no one is gonna give a fuck about Crosby anymore. His legacy will tied to how he had a better team around him than Ovechkin ever did and Connor McDavid will go on to shit on Crosby's career when it's all said and done.

Some of the guys to play with Crosby: Letang, Gonchar, Malkin, Fleury, Hossa, Kessel and out of sheer respect of what a baller he was, Petr Sykora. A who's who of the NHL

Ovechkin had Holtby, Backstrom, the corpse of Sergei Fedorov and the best defensemen in his career have been Carlson, Orpik and Niskanen. Maybe you can count T.J Oshie and coke machine Evgeny Kuznetsov as "having help"

The fact he might break a Gretzky record with that career cast is the hockey equivalent of the shit Tom Brady's been doing his whole career with nothing around him.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

And if I may, let's get this back to the Lightning. At this point you just need to stay at .500 at worst til Kucherov gets back. We'll catch fire after the Olympics and sneak in provided we stay healthy. We won't know who the Lightning are until we get to the playoffs. The real thirsty work ain't til April.

BJ, join HFBoards like I have to talk hockey. The Yinzers there are the most dramatic balls of fuck I've ever seen. Maybe you can actually talk sense into some of them
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Swashbuckler wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 pm Look BJ I'm gonna be super nice about this. Every last word you said about Crosby is right. He is borderline generational and it is correct to put him into consideration of the best of the generation. But here's the thing dude. His one time arch-nemesis Alex Ovechkin might just break Gretzky's goal scoring record. My guy that is THE definition of generational. It will never happen again and no one else will come close if he actually does it.And IF he does no one is gonna give a fuck about Crosby anymore. His legacy will tied to how he had a better team around him than Ovechkin ever did and Connor McDavid will go on to shit on Crosby's career when it's all said and done.

Some of the guys to play with Crosby: Letang, Gonchar, Malkin, Fleury, Hossa, Kessel and out of sheer respect of what a baller he was, Petr Sykora. A who's who of the NHL

Ovechkin had Holtby, Backstrom, the corpse of Sergei Fedorov and the best defensemen in his career have been Carlson, Orpik and Niskanen. Maybe you can count T.J Oshie and coke machine Evgeny Kuznetsov as "having help"

The fact he might break a Gretzky record with that career cast is the hockey equivalent of the shit Tom Brady's been doing his whole career with nothing around him.
Goal scoring is part of the game… yes. And Gretzky was incredible at every facet. He is the premier of hockey. One thing the Great One always lacked was hometown loyalty. He bounced around more than our board.

Crosby and ovie have both brought cups to their franchises. 1 v 3 in terms of argument. And as for help, some of that is Ovie’s salary. Crosby took a team friendly 8.7 million dollar deal. Ovie was over 12 million. Plus that’s a GM’s job. Ovie could have asked for more help, but he mever did. Lemeuix being owner guaranteed he would spend the money to make Crosby and Malkin’s time worthwhile.

And yes I put Crosby up there amongst the greats. Malkin is a top 20 all time talent too.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:30 am
Swashbuckler wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:35 pm Look BJ I'm gonna be super nice about this. Every last word you said about Crosby is right. He is borderline generational and it is correct to put him into consideration of the best of the generation. But here's the thing dude. His one time arch-nemesis Alex Ovechkin might just break Gretzky's goal scoring record. My guy that is THE definition of generational. It will never happen again and no one else will come close if he actually does it.And IF he does no one is gonna give a fuck about Crosby anymore. His legacy will tied to how he had a better team around him than Ovechkin ever did and Connor McDavid will go on to shit on Crosby's career when it's all said and done.

Goal scoring is part of the game… yes. And Gretzky was incredible at every facet. He is the premier of hockey. One thing the Great One always lacked was hometown loyalty. He bounced around more than our board.

Crosby and ovie have both brought cups to their franchises. 1 v 3 in terms of argument. And as for help, some of that is Ovie’s salary. Crosby took a team friendly 8.7 million dollar deal. Ovie was over 12 million. Plus that’s a GM’s job. Ovie could have asked for more help, but he mever did. Lemeuix being owner guaranteed he would spend the money to make Crosby and Malkin’s time worthwhile.

And yes I put Crosby up there amongst the greats. Malkin is a top 20 all time talent too.
Fucking retarded.... This buffoon will just not look at it logically and clearly never will.

Time to turn the page on this....

The lightning are just fine. The first ten-fifteen games are always un predictable and the true contenders tend to get settled in shortly after.

Vasilevskiy had some stinkers to start the season but is now getting into the groove.

My worry is what is going on with Point?
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

BJ you are so all over the place. Crosby's "team friendly" deal was engineered by contract structures that are no longer allowed to exist. Ovechkin's cap hit never exceeded far above $9.5 million -a bargain for a player of his caliber. Who is to say Ovechkin never DID ask for help? He led his team in playoff scoring how many times? He also waited 13 years for someone, ANYONE who could be considered a 2nd line center until Kuznetsov finally developed. As for ownership, Lemieux vs Leonsis is not the difference between 1 Cup and 3 Cups. It's the difference that the Penguins secured the rights to their new arena and didn't get relocated. Coaching and the front office is. Save for Brian Burke, Jimmy Rutherford is the most aggressive GM the NHL has seen in the last 20-30 years easily. He traded and traded until he turned a stick of gum into back to back Stanley Cups and did it with arguably the best coach in the NHL in Sullivan. The Caps responded by letting Barry Trotz go to Long Island. So in other words dude, Ovechkin has been surrounded by incompetence his entire career and rewarded them with the greatest loyalty seen anywhere.

PS- On that note, Gretzky not loyal? He wanted to be a lifelong Oiler so badly he fucking cried at his press conference after being traded to the LA Kings. A fully. Grown. Ass. Man. Cried. And I can assure you his reasons for not returning were as much competitive as it had to do with that the 90's economics of the NHL were driving Canadian teams broke see: Jets and Nordiques relocation and Bettman having to save the Oilers franchise.

BJ I know you well enough to know you mean well. We are never going to agree on this but it's because I have watched both Crosby and Ovechkin's careers and Ovechkin's is one of few times I watched a man who has made over $100 million and felt sorry for him
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:53 am

Fucking retarded.... This buffoon will just not look at it logically and clearly never will.

Time to turn the page on this....

The lightning are just fine. The first ten-fifteen games are always un predictable and the true contenders tend to get settled in shortly after.

Vasilevskiy had some stinkers to start the season but is now getting into the groove.

My worry is what is going on with Point?
Point's bread and butter has always been Kucherov feeding him into the slot on power plays. He's gonna have to get a little creative. However, that last goal he scored on a self created breakway was *chef's kiss* as long as Killorn and Stamkos can keep producing like this we're going to be okay.

But to your mention on Vasilevskiy, he's gonna be carrying a lot of water here soon and I hope the addition of the Olympics does not burn him out
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/283 ... ers-decade

This was 2019.

He had a pretty good 2000’s too. Hopefully he gets healthy for the 2020’s.

I know you guys don’t get Crosby to yinzer culture. Dude’s a mythical god up here. You thought JoePa was bad…
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

That was a big test last night and I believe the lightning will be just fine this season. The teams have settled in and now the grind begins.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Want to discuss these GM’s having all sorts of sexual allegations against them. Chicago, Pittsburgh and then I read something about another Gm but am missing the team off the top of my head.

The Pittsburgh one took place in a car. The coach and his wife reported it but then Guerin told him to not. Guerin, now the GM of the Wild, was next in line for Team USA.

You all thought Sandusky was bad, but all I see from these situations is people trying to cover their organization’s asses. Right or wrong doesn’t matter in these instances, it’s all about their lifestyles being effected.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

hard fought game last night, the usual suspects are starting to get into the groove.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:11 am Want to discuss these GM’s having all sorts of sexual allegations against them. Chicago, Pittsburgh and then I read something about another Gm but am missing the team off the top of my head.

The Pittsburgh one took place in a car. The coach and his wife reported it but then Guerin told him to not. Guerin, now the GM of the Wild, was next in line for Team USA.

You all thought Sandusky was bad, but all I see from these situations is people trying to cover their organization’s asses. Right or wrong doesn’t matter in these instances, it’s all about their lifestyles being effected.
He said cover your ass... lulz.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

What a game last night!

Put us into a league leading .742 P%!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Fuck Covid. I was looking forward to Sid’s last Canadian run/Malkin’s last Russian run with Ovie. Plus seeing how Team USA fared against the top competition.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Pens traded the Sam Lafferty to the Blackhawks. He’s from my where I live now. Sad to see him go.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

71. Back in black. 2 goals, 1 assist. Good to see my favorite player back.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Thread title. Read the thread title.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:37 pm Thread title. Read the thread title.
There are two pages of hockey talk. Mine being the majority of updates about the Pens. Which is relevant because the Pens and Lightning might end up playing each other in the playoffs at this rate.

And DD is the equivalent of a twat.
I’ve never seen the dude say a damn nice thing about a single person.