*OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Digital_Damage

*OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Post by Digital_Damage »

Going for three in a row and still in the top 5 with the odds makers.
Last edited by Digital_Damage on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread* - No Alpha because he is a bitch

Post by Phantom »

Let go Lightning!
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

This will turn out well.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

If ya’ll want… you should try and contact Barstool for their Rough n Rowdy stuff, you versus Alpha may be a little old… but it’s got wome intrigue.

Go Pens.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

We could be in for a pretty wild ride. We're not gonna know who this team really is until the playoffs. Until then we're just gonna have to enjoy it. If we missed the playoffs we just cross our fingers for some of that sweet lady luck in the draft lottery because holy shit are those kids coming out over the next 2 years are gonna be good.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Swashbuckler wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm We could be in for a pretty wild ride. We're not gonna know who this team really is until the playoffs. Until then we're just gonna have to enjoy it. If we missed the playoffs we just cross our fingers for some of that sweet lady luck in the draft lottery because holy shit are those kids coming out over the next 2 years are gonna be good.
We should enjoy this shit out of it while we can. Dominate teams like this do not stick around in the league for long.

We find ourselves in the unusual position that our core is locked up for not only this season but for the next as well 2023 is gonna hurt...
Snake

Post by Snake »

Alpha makes anything Lightning related unreadable. Keep him away.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Snake wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:12 pm Alpha makes anything Lightning related unreadable. Keep him away.
He knows way more than your dumbass
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 am
Snake wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:12 pm Alpha makes anything Lightning related unreadable. Keep him away.
He knows way more than your dumbass
Dollars to donuts I know more than everyone here combined about hockey but that doesn't give me an excuse to be a parading, temperamental jagoff like Alpha can be sometimes. The attitude is the issue here. I'd rather 3 people who can't tell me the difference between a blue line and a clothesline but make the place enjoyable than anyone who knows his stuff and makes a thread unreadable at times
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Meh people post whatever they want . I don’t have to be emotionally attached to it . I can respond or ignore or just read it .

If you know so much about hockey why don’t you post in the BZ hockey forum ?
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:46 am Meh people post whatever they want . I don’t have to be emotionally attached to it . I can respond or ignore or just read it .

Because I do it on HF Boards instead
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:46 am Meh people post whatever they want . I don’t have to be emotionally attached to it . I can respond or ignore or just read it .

Tell us again how you are not emotionally attached to the things you post.... :D

Also.... Alphas got systematically destroyed on BZ. He is a hack that regurgitates other peoples takes and a clown...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I watched the last 2 Stanley Cups because of the Lightning and their success. Gonna actually try to go to a game for the 1st time ever this year. Will the team be as good as the last 2 seasons?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:25 pm I watched the last 2 Stanley Cups because of the Lightning and their success. Gonna actually try to go to a game for the 1st time ever this year. Will the team be as good as the last 2 seasons?
No.

We rode an unprecedented wave of cap-management and team friendly deals through the past two seasons.

Our entire Third line, undisputedly the best in the league and arguably the most important to our Cup successes, have left. Their presence will be missed and their replacements will need time.

That said, we still have the best Goalie in the world. One of the best, if not the best defenseman in the world, and young talent surrounding him. Our blue line is lethal when we establish the offensive zone. That wont change.

Stammer has had to evolve his game due to his injury history, but I would argue that he's a more complete player now than at any point in his career.

Oh yeah, there's some Russian dude that's either ridiculously good or #1 Bullshit depending on how many beers he's slammed in fifteen minutes.

Will the Bolts be good? No doubt they will be good to very good.

The question is are they good enough to establish a dynasty. I'm certain they can make the dance. I'm extremely doubtful they make it to the third round.

TLDR;

GO SEE THEM. Amelie at full throat is an experience that can only truly be enjoyed in person. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:25 pm I watched the last 2 Stanley Cups because of the Lightning and their success. Gonna actually try to go to a game for the 1st time ever this year. Will the team be as good as the last 2 seasons?
They won't be as good this season. I think they'll still be a playoff team, though. Regardless, go watch them play. I can promise you won't regret it. Such a fun time at Amelie Arena.
Don't tread on me
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Rocker wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:58 pm
No.

We rode an unprecedented wave of cap-management and team friendly deals through the past two seasons.

Our entire Third line, undisputedly the best in the league and arguably the most important to our Cup successes, have left. Their presence will be missed and their replacements will need time.

That said, we still have the best Goalie in the world. One of the best, if not the best defenseman in the world, and young talent surrounding him. Our blue line is lethal when we establish the offensive zone. That wont change.

Stammer has had to evolve his game due to his injury history, but I would argue that he's a more complete player now than at any point in his career.

Oh yeah, there's some Russian dude that's either ridiculously good or #1 Bullshit depending on how many beers he's slammed in fifteen minutes.

Will the Bolts be good? No doubt they will be good to very good.

The question is are they good enough to establish a dynasty. I'm certain they can make the dance. I'm extremely doubtful they make it to the third round.

TLDR;

GO SEE THEM. Amelie at full throat is an experience that can only truly be enjoyed in person. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
It will certainly not be a cake walk for them like it was last season.

Leafs, Bruins, Canes, Penguins, islanders and perhaps an emerging Rangers will be a tougher test in the east. The west is a big ole question mark, lots of turnover on the rosters.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:33 am
They won't be as good this season. I think they'll still be a playoff team, though. Regardless, go watch them play. I can promise you won't regret it. Such a fun time at Amelie Arena.
Buc2 is absolutely correct. Every seat is a good seat, great fans, great experience. Definitely worth seeing in person.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Amen to that, I love HF Boards lightning forum. Heck even the general board and their hate for us last year in the playoffs was fantastic.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Long story short we're sitting on a Brooks, Lynch, Sapp, Barber (if they'd ever send him to the HOF) situation with Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov and Vasilevskiy. Brayden Point is rapidly emerging as a HOF caliber player. Not so dissimilar to how Mike Evans is trending. But as a player, remember Jordan's winning shot vs Cleveland? Sure it wasn't for all the marbles but it was still famous. Point's had that kind of moment about 3 times or so over these 2 years. We can lose a lot of talent like this off-season and still be a favorite. Depth wins championships in all sports but thank God the hard part in getting the elite talent still necessary is done.

I still wouldn't bet against us. Ric Flair's "If you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man" applies here
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:51 pm
Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Amen to that, I love HF Boards lightning forum. Heck even the general board and their hate for us last year in the playoffs was fantastic.
Heh.... if you try hard enough you'll figure out which one I am. It'll seem obvious once you connect the dots
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I think the Bolts will be fine. In Jon Cooper we trust
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Careful not to mention Hockey Night In Canada. I heard it's not very well liked around here.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Well the Rays shit the bed... thank god we have the lightning.

Lots of tickets available for tonight!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Well ya’ll looked like shit tonight.

Pens dominated play with an AHL roster essentially.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Oh no, We suck again!!
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

It's going to take some time to figure out our lines. There's new faces that have some potential, but need proper pairings to make the most impact. It's probably going to be a rough month to start, but I trust Coop will get them together, and Vasy will keep us in games in the mean time.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

BucFanClw wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am It's going to take some time to figure out our lines. There's new faces that have some potential, but need proper pairings to make the most impact. It's probably going to be a rough month to start, but I trust Coop will get them together, and Vasy will keep us in games in the mean time.
Did not see line issues. I did see some uncharacteristic goofs by Vasy. First three goals were all on him. The rest were empty nets.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Wonky start to the season all around.
During the third period in Detroit, when the Tampa Bay Lightning were down 6-3, the Canadiens, Leafs, and Golden Knights were all losing their games by multiple goals to the Sabres, Senators, and Kings. Those first four teams, including the Lightning, were playoff teams, and they all found themselves behind to four of the worst teams in the league last year.

Looking at the winning odds before the games started, the odds of all four of those teams losing was 2.6%, that would’ve been quite a unique evening. And while those three other teams all lost, the lucky Lightning did the thing and wrote the final pages in an even more unique game, coming all the way back for a 7-6 OT win.

Joining the Lightning in the win column were the Buffalo Sabres who upset the Montreal Canadiens, 5-1. The Senators, you read that right, the Senators took down the Leafs, 3-2, and the Kings dismantled the Golden Knights 6-2.

And finally, the Seattle Kraken won their first game in franchise history thanks to an empty-net game-winning goal from Brandon Tanev on the team’s only shot in the third period. That’s how you do it!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Only shot in the third period? Wow that’s bad.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

This team is a bunch of slugs sometimes. The second you get them playing the right way they win championships. I'm not concerned by anything I'm seeing here. They are not an easy group to keep motivated outside of the playoffs. but Stamkos scored twice. That's a really, really big deal. We need him to keep going because Point and Kucherov alone ain't gonna carry all dis water. Hedman being healthy is a blessing from the hockey Gods themselves.

Can't wait to watch Maroon and Perry make everyone's lives a living hell
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

2-0-1 without two top 5 players all time.

I’ll take it.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Swashbuckler wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:09 am This team is a bunch of slugs sometimes. The second you get them playing the right way they win championships. I'm not concerned by anything I'm seeing here. They are not an easy group to keep motivated outside of the playoffs. but Stamkos scored twice. That's a really, really big deal. We need him to keep going because Point and Kucherov alone ain't gonna carry all dis water. Hedman being healthy is a blessing from the hockey Gods themselves.

Can't wait to watch Maroon and Perry make everyone's lives a living hell
Concerned with Vasy's mental errors. He seems to be a little off his game. The one thing we do not have depth at is in the net.
PeterGuptill

Post by PeterGuptill »

THANK GOD Alpha isn't doing his usual bullshit! Can we finally retire his old ass?

This could get ugly for the Bolts. Kuch is down for a while. Possibly MONTHS.

Not going to lie...it could go downhill, really quick if Raddyish and Katchouk don't figure it out. Really quick.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

2-0-2.

Crosby due back any day. Malkin started skating.

Jarry looked strong in net last night. No offense generated though. It was a defensive struggle for three periods where we relied heavily on Jarry to bail out the team on cross ice passes. Jarry stood to the test and we got a point we didn’t deserve.

The defense had like 10 of the 16 shots going into the third too. That’s not feasible all year. This team will be exploited if we keep relying on the D to generate all offense. 2 on 1’s will happen as a result, we just haven’t been burned yet.

Jason Zucker isn’t scoring… but he’s laying the wood. Dude knows his role. Heinen stopped his scoring streak last night(and I’m still not sure who the hell Heinen is).
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:45 am 2-0-2.

Crosby due back any day. Malkin started skating.

Jarry looked strong in net last night. No offense generated though. It was a defensive struggle for three periods where we relied heavily on Jarry to bail out the team on cross ice passes. Jarry stood to the test and we got a point we didn’t deserve.

The defense had like 10 of the 16 shots going into the third too. That’s not feasible all year. This team will be exploited if we keep relying on the D to generate all offense. 2 on 1’s will happen as a result, we just haven’t been burned yet.

Jason Zucker isn’t scoring… but he’s laying the wood. Dude knows his role. Heinen stopped his scoring streak last night(and I’m still not sure who the hell Heinen is).
Don't get me wrong here because I love the Lightning and always have. But it's way too soon to give too much of a shit about records. Kinda like MLB and their ridiculous 162 game seasons. Sure...you don't want to get too far down in the standings, but you don't have to sit and sweat over them either. Especially this early on.
Don't tread on me