Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BLT

Re: Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

Post by BLT »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm
BLT wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm

I don't buy it. Greg Auman said that Antonio Brown would be back for weeks while he continued to fake an ankle injury.
Since you don't believe Greg Auman but believe Scott Smith...

You're welcome, kiddo.
Wooooooooooooooosh
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Dread wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm Sounds like Perriman is out Sunday. He didn't look right vs Philly.

So at WR we'll have Evans..... umm, errrr... Tyler Johnson, Scotty Miller, Darden, and John Brown.
Oof.
Last edited by Tnbandwagoner on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 pm Tackle. Tackle. And tackle.

No stupid penalties.

The end.
You left off, "Run the ball. Run it again. Then run it some more. Preferably with a guy whose initials are L.F."
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 pm Tackle. Tackle. And tackle.

No stupid penalties.

The end.
Cannot stress this enough.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BLT wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Since you don't believe Greg Auman but believe Scott Smith...

You're welcome, kiddo.
Wooooooooooooooosh
Nice try. But really...

Woooooooooooooooosh
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Whitworth out for the Rams and Wirfs on the practice field is a nice reversal of fortune.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Damn, is BLT going to be able to recover from "I know you are but what am I? "
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:15 pm Whitworth out for the Rams and Wirfs on the practice field is a nice reversal of fortune.
Yea it is. I don't think they expected him to play though.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano

Post by Nano »

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

If Whitworth is truly out for this game, we cannot be stupid enough to put JPP over his backup. We need maximum blindsided heat, and Shaq is the man to bring it. We cannot let loyalty to JPP get the best of us, much as we love him.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

The divisional round of the playoffs is a really shitty time for JPP to miss practice and be questionable for a personal matter. If you're getting paid millions and you're about to play the biggest game of the year, maybe you should suck it up and get to the damn field.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Nano wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:50 pm
Such an amazing moment. Incredible. The smirk.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:48 pm The divisional round of the playoffs is a really shitty time for JPP to miss practice and be questionable for a personal matter. If you're getting paid millions and you're about to play the biggest game of the year, maybe you should suck it up and get to the damn field.
Life doesn’t stop just because they have a game to play. Calvin Ridley didn’t teach you guys anything…

Hope he’s not suffering from something he can’t overcome.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Shaq is going to play on the back up LT. Book it, look at the SB
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Hope the Bucs OLine is healthier than the Rams. It might happen.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm If Whitworth is truly out for this game, we cannot be stupid enough to put JPP over his backup. We need maximum blindsided heat, and Shaq is the man to bring it. We cannot let loyalty to JPP get the best of us, much as we love him.
Whitworth's backup is Joe Noteboom. The Bucs should be quite familiar with him. He was the Rams starting LT last November when we played them at Ray Jay. Whitworth was out with a knee injury that game as well. Noteboom is what you'd call quality depth. He doesn't make their line worse and has a lot of experience.

This is ironically not much of an advantage for us. Whitworth hasn't had the best season. His age is catching up to him. He's had quite a few penalties as well as allowed a lot of sacks. I don't know how good or bad Noteboom is. But just by looking at the experience, you could certainly do worse as far as depth is concerned.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Since it looks like SMB is healthy, unless there's an unforeseen scratch Sunday's game is the first one since the Super Bowl the Bucs will have all of their defensive starters healthy and suited up for the game.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:03 pm
Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm If Whitworth is truly out for this game, we cannot be stupid enough to put JPP over his backup. We need maximum blindsided heat, and Shaq is the man to bring it. We cannot let loyalty to JPP get the best of us, much as we love him.
Whitworth's backup is Joe Noteboom. The Bucs should be quite familiar with him. He was the Rams starting LT last November when we played them at Ray Jay. Whitworth was out with a knee injury that game as well. Noteboom is what you'd call quality depth. He doesn't make their line worse and has a lot of experience.

This is ironically not much of an advantage for us. Whitworth hasn't had the best season. His age is catching up to him. He's had quite a few penalties as well as allowed a lot of sacks. I don't know how good or bad Noteboom is. But just by looking at the experience, you could certainly do worse as far as depth is concerned.
I am confused, who's your squad?
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

The key to this games is having Ray Jay Shaking so that Stafford can't hear god! From the looks of it, very little Rams fans will be in attendance.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

bucarican wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:42 am

Was Whitworth out for the MNF game in 2020? Yes

Did Joe Noteboom start at LT in place of him in that game? Yes

Is Joe Noteboom starting in place of Whitworth Sunday? Yes

Does Joe Noteboom have additional experience starting at LT for the Rams? Yes

Has Whitworth's had a lackluster season with penalties and sacks allowed? Yes

What exactly are you confused about? Do you disagree with any of these facts?
Nano

Post by Nano »

Yes
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Last week Buffalo was the only team to have more rushing first downs than us.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Multiple would be my guess. A question like that and his mind jumps to his top five and I don't think you'd get your question answered. Also would vary some as the season progressed.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Whitworth has not had a down year. I don’t know where that is coming from.

* The Rams are the # 6 DVOA OL in the NFL (they’re solid at both Gs and good at T, but they’re anchored by Whitworth’s good play).

* He’s the # 4 OT in the NFL in Pass Blocking Efficiency (the exact same Total Pressures > Sacks > Hits as Wirfs but in a little reduced True Pass Sets as Wirfs).

* # 1 OT in Pass Block grade.

* PFF has him # 22 in Run Blocking (which is still solid for him) and FBO has the Rams efficiency as # 5 when running perimeter off him and # 15 off his B/C.

Whitworth has had an extremely good year. However, it is also absolutely true that (a) the drop off from Whitworth to Noteboom isnt_even_close to the drop-off from Wirfs to Wells (they’re going from Elite to “more-than-serviceable”…we’re going from Elite to “solid Tackle Eligible but barely functional backup OT in True Pass Sets” because (b) the Rams drafted and developed a more-than-serviceable backup player in Noteboom (where we have not at OT) and (b) McVay is an offensive mind that covers up for his line deficiencies/injuries extraordinarily well due to schematic adjustment (let’s just say “thank god for Brady…because we ain’t exactly that…”).

So, I personally wouldn’t expect us to feast on Noteboom this game to the degree that I would be concerned about Wells. I mean, it may happen…but it’s not something one would predict based on the actual play/coaching dynamics. Hope for? Sure.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Nano wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:50 pm
#flashinggangsigns
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nobody wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:31 am Whitworth has not had a down year. I don’t know where that is coming from.

* The Rams are the # 6 DVOA OL in the NFL (they’re solid at both Gs and good at T, but they’re anchored by Whitworth’s good play).

* He’s the # 4 OT in the NFL in Pass Blocking Efficiency (the exact same Total Pressures > Sacks > Hits as Wirfs but in a little reduced True Pass Sets as Wirfs).

* # 1 OT in Pass Block grade.

* PFF has him # 22 in Run Blocking (which is still solid for him) and FBO has the Rams efficiency as # 5 when running perimeter off him and # 15 off his B/C.

Whitworth has had an extremely good year. However, it is also absolutely true that (a) the drop off from Whitworth to Noteboom isnt_even_close to the drop-off from Wirfs to Wells (they’re going from Elite to “more-than-serviceable”…we’re going from Elite to “solid Tackle Eligible but barely functional backup OT in True Pass Sets” because (b) the Rams drafted and developed a more-than-serviceable backup player in Noteboom (where we have not at OT) and (b) McVay is an offensive mind that covers up for his line deficiencies/injuries extraordinarily well due to schematic adjustment (let’s just say “thank god for Brady…because we ain’t exactly that…”).

So, I personally wouldn’t expect us to feast on Noteboom this game to the degree that I would be concerned about Wells. I mean, it may happen…but it’s not something one would predict based on the actual play/coaching dynamics. Hope for? Sure.
That's fair I suppose. His sacks allowed plus the penalties don't equate to a great year IMO. PFF isn't something necessarily high on my list as their formula is pure speculation.

Agreed on the point about Noteboom though, which is the main point. He has experience. In his start against us, their Oline allow all of 3 hits and no sacks on Jared Goff, who had 51 pass attempts that night. So it's not like he's being thrown into the fire. Hopefully we have that kind of depth with guys like Hainsey and......Well he's really the only backup Olinemen Licht has drafted recently so...
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Caught one, first cast.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I'm still glad Whitworth is out. Nothing against Noteboom, but I feel Whitworth is the better player and now if either Tackle gets hurt they're deep into the bench.

Set the edge, stop the run, don't let anything over your head in the secondary.

Do that and we'll score enough on offense at home with Brady.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nano

Post by Nano »

Bucs activated Leonard Fournette

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:52 pm
I'd take this to mean Vaughn has earned his bones. It would have been "safer" to keep Bell.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."