Rapid Reactions Wild Card Weekend: Bucs blowout the Eagles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Brazen331

Re: Rapid Reactions Wild Card Weekend: Bucs blowout the Eagles

Post by Brazen331 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:04 pm Wirfs health determines the fate of our season.
Can you tell us what you would be bitching about and what would be ending our season right now if Wirfs did not get hurt?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

There we go!!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:31 pm Felt good to get that dominating win. I am excited to watch the Cowboys lose their game.
This call is looking good right now. Unlike Philly the Cowboys do have the ability still make it a game but I am pretty confident they are not going to get that done.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Wow! Fake punt
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Brazen331 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:04 pm Wirfs health determines the fate of our season.
Can you tell us what you would be bitching about and what would be ending our season right now if Wirfs did not get hurt?
The embarrassing 4th quarter defensive collapse.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:44 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:31 pm Felt good to get that dominating win. I am excited to watch the Cowboys lose their game.
This call is looking good right now. Unlike Philly the Cowboys do have the ability still make it a game but I am pretty confident they are not going to get that done.
Looking like not a good call now. 49ers lost several defensive players and the Cowboys are making a game of it at the end.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

Btw Anthony Nelson had 7 QB rushes in 22 snaps.
Impressive to anyone but Atrain
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:10 pm Btw Anthony Nelson had 7 QB rushes in 22 snaps.
Impressive to anyone but Atrain
Was screaming for him to get more playing time than JPP all game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

We'll have a good trio next year with Shaq/Nelson/JTS.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Touch and go for a bit but this was the right call.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Bucs Nation showed in the stadium, which I'm glad I contributed to.... :D

Defense is playing like 2021 Playoff Defense which we need to win games, I'll give you the breather in the 4th
Offensively we executed well considering the injuries
Special Teams, go get you some!

Bottom line is winning a SB this year will be harder than last year with injuries and frankly the other teams are better than the competition from last year. The Bucs, 49ers, Packers, and the Rams in my opinion could represent the NFC and win a SB. Last year the competition was less and we were healthy.

Go Bucs!!!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

We beat the Eagles AGAIN!!!
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

I just wanted to comment on how great that Mike Edwards pick was. He saw the corner fall and immediately drove to that WR. That instant read and fast feet made for a great pick
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Wait we won? I thought Atrain said we were one and done.
LynchysKiss

Post by LynchysKiss »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:18 pm Wait we won? I thought Atrain said we were one and done.
Y’a but gÁtrain says a lot of stuff when he’s not sucking peen.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Next week, we're playing at 3 PM Sunday on NBC

MJW

Post by MJW »

Random factiod:

Winston - 28 Wins in 70 Bucs Starts
Brady - 29 Wins in 38 Bucs Starts (Including Playoffs)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

You are like the guy that stands at a child's lemonade stand giving out opinions till the mother asks you to leave.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Mike had a real good game, I was impressed.

This is probably not a question for this thread but I'm curious, are there any 2nd or 3rd year players in contention for his record of consecutive 1,000 seasons?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:16 am Mike had a real good game, I was impressed.

This is probably not a question for this thread but I'm curious, are there any 2nd or 3rd year players in contention for his record of consecutive 1,000 seasons?
Justin Jefferson has a very good chance if he can stay healthy. He set the record for most receiving yards in the 1st 2 seasons of a career.

And I know he's just a rookie, but Jamarr Chase is someone to look at as well. Especially as long as he and Burrow are together, which will be a very long time.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Here’s the video of Arians smack on Bucs Adam’s helmet

MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:33 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:16 am Mike had a real good game, I was impressed.

Justin Jefferson has a very good chance if he can stay healthy. He set the record for most receiving yards in the 1st 2 seasons of a career.

And I know he's just a rookie, but Jamarr Chase is someone to look at as well. Especially as long as he and Burrow are together, which will be a very long time.
Chase is damn insane. I've never seen anything like him. Even Randy Moss only ran a few routes when he came into the league. Chase already runs them all darn well, and in a league of physical freaks he's something else.

The biggest issue with Jefferson could end up being his quarterbacks, because who knows who'll end up throwing him the ball most of his career? Chase is presumably going to have Burrow for his prime at least.
Let's roll another joint
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:53 am

Chase is damn insane. I've never seen anything like him. Even Randy Moss only ran a few routes when he came into the league. Chase already runs them all darn well, and in a league of physical freaks he's something else.

The biggest issue with Jefferson could end up being his quarterbacks, because who knows who'll end up throwing him the ball most of his career? Chase is presumably going to have Burrow for his prime at least.
Evans got 1k yards his rookie season with Josh McCown throwing him the ball and no Offensive Cordinator. Not to mention Lovie Smith was the HC.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:45 am
MJW wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:53 am

Evans got 1k yards his rookie season with Josh McCown throwing him the ball and no Offensive Cordinator. Not to mention Lovie Smith was the HC.
Yeah, not knocking Evans. Just sayin'. Evans is one of the most unique players I can ever remember seeing, at receiver or elsewhere. Getting to see him ply his trade all these years has been a delight.

Random note: The BIlls traded a 1st to move up to #4 for Sammy Watkins. The Falcons took Jake Matthews a pick before Evans went. Good times.
Let's roll another joint
Dread

Post by Dread »

The Bucs defense looks good, only small critique would be the lack of pass rush when we only rushed 4. But the Eagles have a pair of really good bookend OTs as well. Vea was able to disrupt from the interior like usual.

The teams medical people better be on Wirfs ankle 24/7 trying to get the swelling down. 4 sacks against Brady today and we couldn't protect on any 3rd down with more than 5yds to go against a 4 man rush that hasn't been good all season.

If Wirfs can't play we better have alot of screen passes in the gameplan and stay out of 3rd and long.

Kudos to Vaughn for stepping up and playing well. Gio also.

Evans is a stud. 9 catches on 10 targets. Need more of that. If we get the Rams Evans will get Ramsey 1v1 all game.

Great win for the home fans to enjoy. Looked like a great Bucs crowd. Some green there, but less than anticipated and getting out to a 31-0 lead kept them quiet and out of the stadium before they had something to cheer about
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Finally got a look at the snap count and it looks like we game planned a heavy rotation on the defensive line and our outside linebackers.

Interesting, I like it. You can tire out doing it all.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Thanks, do you know of any with three years under their belt? I used to check things like this and NFL.com decided to do away with the button that showed rookies, 1st year, 2nd, 3, 4.

Blows my mind why they chose to shut that down. Did away with the weekly o-line standings too.

Their version of taking the napkins off the table???
Dread

Post by Dread »

Brady now has 5 playoff wins with the Bucs, who have 11 playoff wins in the franchises 45yr history.

Bucs are 22-4 in our last 26 games played (including the playoffs).
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

What a convincing win!!! Last time the Bucs dominated a team like this was the Bears game.

And the Cowboys losing just made the road to the Super Bowl a whole lot easier. Now let's hope the Cards can pull off the upset over the Rams tonight. If that happens and San Fran finds a way to knock off Green Bay, the road will get even easier.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Dread wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 am Brady now has 5 playoff wins with the Bucs, who have 11 playoff wins in the franchises 45yr history.

So, Brady has produced 31% of our playoff wins. That bumps to 35% with a win this weekend. 42% if we make it to the SB. smh
Don't tread on me
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 am
Dread wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:16 am Brady now has 5 playoff wins with the Bucs, who have 11 playoff wins in the franchises 45yr history.

So, Brady has produced 31% of our playoff wins. That bumps to 35% with a win this weekend. 42% if we make it to the SB. smh
I'm no mathematician but I believe a win next week will give Brady his 6th as a Buccaneer amd the 12th playoff win for the Bucs franchise
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tom Brady is good.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Tom Brady has 100 total touchdown in his two years with the Bucs.

That's crazy.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:21 am What a convincing win!!! Last time the Bucs dominated a team like this was the Bears game.

And the Cowboys losing just made the road to the Super Bowl a whole lot easier. Now let's hope the Cards can pull off the upset over the Rams tonight. If that happens and San Fran finds a way to knock off Green Bay, the road will get even easier.
All the games are tough from here on out but yeah, we definitely would prefer the NFCCG be at RayJay vs the 49ers. But that is a team I want no part of tbh and Green Bay will have their hands full Saturday night imo.

I'd rather be the Bucs playing Cards/Rams winner than have to play San Fran next week.

I get Garapalo is a liability, but their HC is an elite playcaller/coordinator and they have guys who are great fits. On defense they are tough vs the run and get to the QB with a 4man rush as good as any Dline right now. When you can drop 7 and make the ball come out quick you don’t need all pro defensive backs.

Their formula/identity is well suited for playoff football and the 49ers are executing well right now
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BLT wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:26 pm Tom Brady has 100 total touchdown in his two years with the Bucs.

That's crazy.