Rapid Reactions Wild Card Weekend: Bucs blowout the Eagles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

Rapid Reactions Wild Card Weekend: Bucs blowout the Eagles

Post by Nano »

Bucs advance to the Divisional round
Draftline

Re: Rapid Reactions Wild Card Weekend: Bucs blowout the Eagles

Post by Draftline »

Nice... just NICE
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Get well ASAP Wirfs. We need him next week.

Great win. Eagles suck.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Wirfs' injury sucks. Hope he gets better soon, as well as our cartload of wounded players.

The defense is still very, very good. Don't let them relaxing in the fourth quarter fool you. When the game was in contention, they were aces.

Great to get a win. Looking forward to next week, when hopefully we have a much healthier team.

Go Bucs.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

And now we hope our offensive linemen get better for next week. Can't get Tom hit like that the whole offseason, he's gonna hurt tonight.
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

Defense did their thing and Jordan Whitehead is making a name for himself.

DBs gotta catch those picks.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

I dont know, I know it was a blow out, but I got an uneasy feeling if we have to play GB.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Give it a 6/10 win. Embarrassing 4th quarter defense and potentially season altering injuries really drive down the score.

Hopefully whichever elite offense we play next week decides to take the 4th quarter off.
acacius

Post by acacius »

Well, it was a blowout win in the playoffs, but they scored a couple of times after our team pretty much stopped trying. So it was pretty much a loss, right?
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

air-buc-pirate wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm Defense did their thing and Jordan Whitehead is making a name for himself.

DBs gotta catch those picks.
We could easily have had like 4 picks..
Snake

Post by Snake »

I’m pretty happy that the offensive line has stayed mostly healthy all season. Because it can get ugly pretty quickly otherwise.
Last edited by Snake on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm I dont know, I know it was a blow out, but I got an uneasy feeling if we have to play GB.
There's a game between us and them. They could still lose in the divisional round and give us a home game in two weeks.

You never know.

We just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they may.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:20 pm
Bucsfan83 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm I dont know, I know it was a blow out, but I got an uneasy feeling if we have to play GB.
There's a game between us and them. They could still lose in the divisional round and give us a home game in two weeks.

You never know.

We just have to take care of business and let the chips fall where they may.
Thats true.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

That was fun. Been a while since us Buc fans could relax a little and just watch our team beat the shit outta somebody.

Bummed about Wirfs and holding out hope it’s not something that keeps him out of the lineup going forward.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I hope we play Sunday to give everyone the extra day to rest. But I believe if Dallas wins, the Packers are guaranteed to play Sunday because they play the winner of the game tomorrow night.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

You mean the team with the best record in NFC at their stadium??

Why feel uneasy about that?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I find it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hard to imagine a world where Wirfs plays again before the Super Bowl (and that is likely a stretch).

You don't come out of a game and put the few completely incapable snaps out there like he did without it being a grade 2 sprain minimum. I've probably had more grade 2 and grade 3 sprains than any human on the planet earth (20+ in 30 years). Those few snaps weren't the byproduct of a tweak to a grade 1. He has a legit injury. Folks need to brace themselves for the very likely reality that Wirfs (who, so far as I know, doesn't have the experience of playing on a bad wheel...and that experience makes a huge difference on your ability to adjust) is likely done for the postseason.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Brady can do what he did today another 5 years.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Nobody wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm I find it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hard to imagine a world where Wirfs plays again before the Super Bowl (and that is likely a stretch).

You don't come out of a game and put the few completely incapable snaps out there like he did without it being a grade 2 sprain minimum. I've probably had more grade 2 and grade 3 sprains than any human on the planet earth (20+ in 30 years). Those few snaps weren't the byproduct of a tweak to a grade 1. He has a legit injury. Folks need to brace themselves for the very likely reality that Wirfs (who, so far as I know, doesn't have the experience of playing on a bad wheel...and that experience makes a huge difference on your ability to adjust) is likely done for the postseason.
What you said feels right, but I’m gonna hold out hope you’re wrong for a change.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Brady completed 29 of 37. 78.4%. Smh
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nobody wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm I find it verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hard to imagine a world where Wirfs plays again before the Super Bowl (and that is likely a stretch).

The prospects of playing guys like Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Von Miller, Chandler Jones without him is scary. He was an All-Pro for a reason. But you are likely correct. He couldn't do anything.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:27 pm Brady completed 29 of 37. 78.4%. Smh
Three or four drops by the receivers too.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Felt good to get that dominating win. I am excited to watch the Cowboys lose their game.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

If that's true, then that's a really long way of saying our season is over, just a question of when.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Draftline wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm
You mean the team with the best record in NFC at their stadium??

Why feel uneasy about that?
We had the same record as them. Technically, we do now if you include playoff wins.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Rodgers has a losing record against Tampa, a losing record against Brady and has never beaten a team with Bruce Arians as head coach.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Pirate Life wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:36 pm
Rodgers has a losing record against Tampa, a losing record against Brady and has never beaten a team with Bruce Arians as head coach.
And he has a horrible record in the NFC Championship game. I still feel uneasy though.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Quotes from our beat writers

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Wirfs health determines the fate of our season.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Bucs now have the all time edge against the Eagles. 8-8 in regular season, 3-2 in playoffs for 11-10 overall.

Love it.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm I hope we play Sunday to give everyone the extra day to rest. But I believe if Dallas wins, the Packers are guaranteed to play Sunday because they play the winner of the game tomorrow night.
If Niners win, when would that put us playing??? Like I need another reason to root against the Cowboys, lol
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:35 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm I hope we play Sunday to give everyone the extra day to rest. But I believe if Dallas wins, the Packers are guaranteed to play Sunday because they play the winner of the game tomorrow night.
If Niners win, when would that put us playing??? Like I need another reason to root against the Cowboys, lol
Niners win, they play Green Bay Saturday
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Good game, really didn't like seeing TB12 that far into the 4th. Go win the next one !
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Good team win. Best defensive showing all season and it’s at the right time.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm And now we hope our offensive linemen get better for next week. Can't get Tom hit like that the whole offseason, he's gonna hurt tonight.
Nothing some avocado tequila can't fix