WildCard match-up discussion Eagles @ Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: WildCard match-up discussion Eagles @ Bucs

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:26 pm Interesting question:

My buddy said that the Eagles are Brady’s kryptonite. Maybe a SB win has some fans a little delusional, but we all know how to beat Brady. Make him have happy feet.

My question is: Do you think Brady has ANY fears going into a playoff game at this point knowing the game could be his last?
Your buddy is delusional and clearly didn't watch the game earlier in the season in Philly.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm

My buddy said that the Eagles are Brady’s kryptonite. Maybe a SB win has some fans a little delusional, but we all know how to beat Brady. Make him have happy feet.

My question is: Do you think Brady has ANY fears going into a playoff game at this point knowing the game could be his last?
Your buddy is delusional and clearly didn't watch the game earlier in the season in Philly.
Brady is 5-1 against them lifetime with 12 TDs and 3 INTs, averaging over 300 yards per game.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:29 pm

Brady is 5-1 against them lifetime with 12 TDs and 3 INTs, averaging over 300 yards per game.
That's some bad-ass Kryptonite.
Don't tread on me
BLT

Post by BLT »

Tell your buddy I said he's a fucking moron.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Eagles went 1-7 against teams who finished over .500. Only win came against a depleted Saints team. They went 0-6 against teams in the playoffs. Any given Sunday still applies, but odds don't look good for Philly.
nybf

Post by nybf »

lilbj hangs out with idiots? I am surprised.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I know I'm biased b/c I'm a Bucs fan, but it just seems SO many thing have to go right for the Eagles to get a win.

The Philly offense would need to play keep away and dominate ToP, which can only happen if they can run consistently well AND convert 3rd downs.

Philly is going to have to play with a lead, they aren't equipped to play from behind. I promise that if the Bucs get another 28-7 type of lead we won't see the Bucs take their foot off the gas like we did on that Thursday Night game in mid-October

Defensively the Philly defensive line will have be able get to Brady early and often. Like I've mentioned (on paper) this is a huge mismatch heading into the game where it's one of the weakest areas of Philly's team (sacks and sack %) vs one of the biggest strengths of the Bucs offense.

If you can't pressure Brady w/ 4 rushers it's almost impossible to keep him from lighting your defense up for 30+ pts.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:12 pm Eagles went 1-7 against teams who finished over .500. Only win came against a depleted Saints team. They went 0-6 against teams in the playoffs. Any given Sunday still applies, but odds don't look good for Philly.
Yup, I'm trying to find things to look out for in this game that would be a path/key to victory for the Eagles and there just isn't much there.

It's not a good match-up for Philly, but as you stated, no good team has been this entire season. That Saints win they had was mostly to do with catching them at the right time of the season when the Saints defense was struggling and they were missing their QB1, QB2, and Kamara.

When the Bucs offense/Brady has struggled it's been vs defenses that have a front 4 who've been able to pressure him early in games while also playing alot of tight m2m coverage underneath w/ 2 high safeties. Philly does play alot of 2-high shell coverage, but they are a zone heavy team that Brady historically carves up. Outside of Slay, they don't have the personnel in the secondary like the Saints or Rams do. Plus their pass rush was 2nd worst in the NFL this season (only Atlanta was worse).

On the other side the Bucs defense struggles against QB who can throw it 40+ attempts and win games b/c the Bowles philosophy is to make teams one-dimensional and get sacks/takeaways (even if we give up alot of passing yards).

I know the Bucs defense has been average statistically over the past 10 games, but I don't think a run heavy, ball control offensive gameplan will be effective, even though that's exactly what the Eagles need on Sunday to keep Brady off the field. Basically try to emulate what the Panthers did, but for an entire game.

I knows it's Any Given Sunday and all that, but this is a pretty favorable match-up considering it's a playoff game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Sherman signing was a complete failure.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So Sheman is out until the SB at the earliest?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:44 pm So Sheman is out until the SB at the earliest?
No he's out for the year. This is his 2nd IR trip.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:48 pm
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:44 pm So Sheman is out until the SB at the earliest?
Oh nice. Well, he's probably more useful on the sidelines with a headset on anyway.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:51 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:48 pm

Oh nice. Well, he's probably more useful on the sidelines with a headset on anyway.
Which isn't hard to do honestly because he was completely useless on the field.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:13 pm lilbj hangs out with idiots? I am surprised.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am
real bucs fan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:43 am Playing the Eagles in the playoffs is nostalgic. Them and the Rams were the real Bucs rivals when I first started cheering for the Bucs in the late 90s and early 2000s. Hopefully we get a shot at revenge against the Rams as well.
Favorite Bucs/Eagles stat

We beat the Eagles in their last game to close down the Vet and send us to the super bowl.

Then the beginning of the next season -We were the first team they played in their new home at Lincoln stadium and we beat them again.

Still makes my heart happy :lol:
A stat I love to share with every Eagles fan I meet! Brady revenge game, LFG
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am

Favorite Bucs/Eagles stat

We beat the Eagles in their last game to close down the Vet and send us to the super bowl.

Then the beginning of the next season -We were the first team they played in their new home at Lincoln stadium and we beat them again.

Still makes my heart happy :lol:
I do it too- with glee lol
I said what I said

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:53 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:36 pm
I do it too- with glee lol
Be careful, babe. Sometimes these Eagles fans have batteries.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

This is a game where Devin White should dominate if he's capable of doing so any longer. He can spy Hurts and take away the edge of their running attack using his speed

If he can't play well in a game where he's basically free to just attack runners all game long AND he's not injured, then he will have completed his season long regression path.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:18 am This is a game where Devin White should dominate if he's capable of doing so any longer. He can spy Hurts and take away the edge of their running attack using his speed

If he can't play well in a game where he's basically free to just attack runners all game long AND he's not injured, then he will have completed his season long regression path.
Devin White couldn’t catch Sam Darnold on Sunday. There’s something wrong with 45.

Looks like it could be a rainy day. Not good for the Bucs, imo.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I think it's very important that they don't abuse us with time of possession. Would love to see a playoff atmosphere with plays feeding off of plays.

OL, wake up and be absolutely dominate.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:18 am This is a game where Devin White should dominate if he's capable of doing so any longer. He can spy Hurts and take away the edge of their running attack using his speed

You’re assuming that will be his assignment… he doesn’t call the plays though
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Looks like Fournette, LVD, Bernard, Shaq and JPP are expected back for the playoff game.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/tampa ... vid-return
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread

Post by Dread »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:40 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/330 ... ource-says

Suh gets 200k with each win.
Nice of the Bucs FO to remove the 65% playtime incentive that triggered the $200k per playoff win bonus. In addition Brady ensuring Gronk got his $1M in incentives also.

Meanwhile AB wants people to believe the Bucs were trying to avoid him reaching his.

Still amazes me how detached from reality AB was. He gets no interest this past offseason as a free agent so he comes back to Tom Brady asking him to get him another deal with the Bucs. Which Tom does and the Bucs give AB $3.1M along with a chance to earn more via performance incentives. All of which he would've easily hit had he not got himself suspended over that fake vaccine card incident (which cost him part of that $3.1M as well).

Yet when returning from that suspension AB has the audacity to not only request that his performance incentives become guaranteed (good for him for asking I guess), but to act a fool like he did when the team said no.

What a crazy fuck.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Dread wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:40 pm https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/330 ... ource-says

Suh gets 200k with each win.
Nice of the Bucs FO to remove the 65% playtime incentive that triggered the $200k per playoff win bonus. In addition Brady ensuring Gronk got his $1M in incentives also.

Meanwhile AB wants people to believe the Bucs were trying to avoid him reaching his.

Still amazes me how detached from reality AB was. He gets no interest this past offseason as a free agent so he comes back to Tom Brady asking him to get him another deal with the Bucs. Which Tom does and the Bucs give AB $3.1M along with a chance to earn more via performance incentives. All of which he would've easily hit had he not got himself suspended over that fake vaccine card incident (which cost him part of that $3.1M as well).

Yet when returning from that suspension AB has the audacity to not only request that his performance incentives become guaranteed (good for him for asking I guess), but to act a fool like he did when the team said no.

What a crazy fuck.
You just insulted crazy fucks everywhere.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Curious. It looks like Gio Bernard is trying to come back this week.

What do we do with him though? We have LeVeon Bell that does what he does(Same skill set, you don't want him running, but both plus in the passing game). Does Gio just take over, or we do we pretend our OC is creative and use both(maybe on the same play).
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Getting Fournette back is going to be huge for this game with the weather especially.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:08 pm Curious. It looks like Gio Bernard is trying to come back this week.

What do we do with him though? We have LeVeon Bell that does what he does(Same skill set, you don't want him running, but both plus in the passing game). Does Gio just take over, or we do we pretend our OC is creative and use both(maybe on the same play).
If Gio can go, use Gio.

Bell looks cooked. He's contributed the bare minimum as expected and hasn't impressed.

Byron Leftwich is trying to get a better job somewhere. The easiest way to fuck that up is using Le'Veon Bell and Gio Bernard on the field at the same time and calling it "creative".
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 am I think it's very important that they don't abuse us with time of possession. Would love to see a playoff atmosphere with plays feeding off of plays.

*dominant.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Moozician wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:08 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 am I think it's very important that they don't abuse us with time of possession. Would love to see a playoff atmosphere with plays feeding off of plays.

*dominant.

OL, wake up and absolutely dominate.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bucs be waken up!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Hmm, did not even notice Darren Fells played 8 snaps last week. Musta been when we were quietly giving away the leagues #1 offense to the boys.