Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

No one asked Ichabod if he was okay writing for a 17-game season on his current contract, but since it’s $0 dollars one way or another, I guess I’ll write something up. Put an asterisk on it if you want, but we won 13 games for the first time in franchise history. This season has been challenged by competition, injury, and controversy and we still came out with the best season in Buccaneer history. There’s no shame in that. As frustrating as this year has been, we’ve only been frustrated because we’ve only been great, not perfect. One might say that’s how last year’s playoff team started. I’m good with that.

1.) Customary Mike Evans gets a thousand yards and gets hurt. Customary Mike Evans gets hurt and comes back into the game.
2.) What is that? 4 interceptions for Andrew Adams against the Panthers?
3.) I prefer the full Nelson over the half Nelson.
4.) So glad we could get Gronk that money he’s never going to touch.
5.) Carolina has a fourth down so they go deep. Taken right out of our 3rd and 1 playbook.
6.) Serena. Matrix. Serena. Matrix. Darnold. Newton. Darnold. Newton. Cam Narnold. It doesn’t work.
7.) All our wide receivers get hurt and it’s time for Scotty Miller to finally shine, and he’s like nope. I’m gonna play running back.

Dislikes:
1.) The Panthers take the field for their 2nd possession and go into their four-minute offense to end the half.

Random:
1.) It was only on screen for a brief moment, but was Raymond James Stadium providing instructions on how to make alcoholic beverages?
2.) Tampa Bay’s News Channel 10 is serious about their weather.
3.) Antonio Brown forgot that Jenna Laine was Team Tom. You can disrespect her all you want when she’s asks you a question in a press conference, but you go after your friendship with her crush and she’s going to take you down.

It’s hard to recall how our last playoff meeting against the Eagles went. If I remember correctly it didn’t end with a kneel down like every Bucs postseason game has with Tom Brady. Something more exciting happened… Hmmm, what was it? Anyway, off to the barber today. Will try and intercept this cute girl on her way to the mailbox. She’s a vet and her office is closing down. Probably going to pick a 6-pack up too, celebrate this thirteen win season. See ya next week!
Draftline

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

Post by Draftline »

Great as always.

I take salary cap wont affect your work?
No incentives either?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Here’s to four more!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Nice write up, as always Ichabod. I'd hate to tell you but this season has not been great. Every game, with the exception of the Bears and the Giants, has been a slugfest. Thankfully because the Bucs are a talented team, they've come out on top in most of them. But still, teams like the Redskins, Jets and Panthers have no business even putting up a fight, let alone having a chance to win.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

On like 5, I actually thought… “How many times has CD3 seen this play in practice?”
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Your charitable contributions are admired.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:01 am On like 5, I actually thought… “How many times has CD3 seen this play in practice?”
Somehow we are able to give way to many minutes in almost all games that amount to a floating dog turd!

Ban the dog from the pool.
Dread

Post by Dread »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:45 am 2.) Tampa Bay’s News Channel 10 is serious about their weather.
I was speechless when that happened. Couldn't believe they cut away from the game during the Panthers opening drive to promote how great the local weather coverage is.
wmgravytrain

Post by wmgravytrain »

“Cam Narnold”

I lol’d.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Well done Ich. Well done.

Ich bin ein Buccaneers-Fan. Ich ist ein Buccaneers-Fan. Wir sind alle Buccaneers-Fans. Alles klar Herr Kommissar?
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Great job Ich - as usual. Let me know where your Go Fund Me Page is, I'll happily donate.

You missed one this week, if I may oblige. Wait for It, Wait for It.....

Dislike #2 - Devin White needs to change his number to 81 because he disappears during the game :lol:
Heidguy

Post by Heidguy »

I only wish I had more thumbs, to give you more thumbs up.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:45 am No one asked Ichabod if he was okay writing for a 17-game season on his current contract, but since it’s $0 dollars one way or another, I guess I’ll write something up. Put an asterisk on it if you want, but we won 13 games for the first time in franchise history. This season has been challenged by competition, injury, and controversy and we still came out with the best season in Buccaneer history. There’s no shame in that. As frustrating as this year has been, we’ve only been frustrated because we’ve only been great, not perfect. One might say that’s how last year’s playoff team started. I’m good with that.

1.) Customary Mike Evans gets a thousand yards and gets hurt. Customary Mike Evans gets hurt and comes back into the game.
5.) Carolina has a fourth down so they go deep. Taken right out of our 3rd and 1 playbook.
6.) Serena. Matrix. Serena. Matrix. Darnold. Newton. Darnold. Newton. Cam Narnold. It doesn’t work.
7.) All our wide receivers get hurt and it’s time for Scotty Miller to finally shine, and he’s like nope. I’m gonna play running back.

Dislikes:
1.) The Panthers take the field for their 2nd possession and go into their four-minute offense to end the half.

Random:
1.) It was only on screen for a brief moment, but was Raymond James Stadium providing instructions on how to make alcoholic beverages?
3.) Antonio Brown forgot that Jenna Laine was Team Tom. You can disrespect her all you want when she’s asks you a question in a press conference, but you go after your friendship with her crush and she’s going to take you down.

It’s hard to recall how our last playoff meeting against the Eagles went. If I remember correctly it didn’t end with a kneel down like every Bucs postseason game has with Tom Brady. Something more exciting happened… Hmmm, what was it? Anyway, off to the barber today. Will try and intercept this cute girl on her way to the mailbox. She’s a vet and her office is closing down. Probably going to pick a 6-pack up too, celebrate this thirteen win season. See ya next week!
Random:
4.) The cannon operator slipped in one shot on the missed FG.
Don't tread on me
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Thanks Ichy, as always.
Push the damned button already!
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:45 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:45 am No one asked Ichabod if he was okay writing for a 17-game season on his current contract, but since it’s $0 dollars one way or another, I guess I’ll write something up. Put an asterisk on it if you want, but we won 13 games for the first time in franchise history. This season has been challenged by competition, injury, and controversy and we still came out with the best season in Buccaneer history. There’s no shame in that. As frustrating as this year has been, we’ve only been frustrated because we’ve only been great, not perfect. One might say that’s how last year’s playoff team started. I’m good with that.

Dislikes:

Random:

Random:
4.) The cannon operator slipped in one shot on the missed FG.
Good call!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Love all it as always @IchabodCrane84. I didn’t understand the Jenna Laine line. What did she do?
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

The first time they showed Tracy Wolfson (on-field commentator) I wasn't wearing my glasses. I thought "Whoa... Is she nude?"
Her top was the exact shade of the rest of her.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:09 pm The first time they showed Tracy Wolfson (on-field commentator) I wasn't wearing my glasses. I thought "Whoa... Is she nude?"
Her top was the exact shade of the rest of her.
^^^^^

I was doing something else and she popped up in my peripheral vision. Screeeeeeeecchhh...... Hold it! What's going on in the Bucs game NOW!?!? About threw my neck out.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Primeminister wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:18 pm Love all it as always @IchabodCrane84. I didn’t understand the Jenna Laine line. What did she do?
Oh I just think she's been hardcore reporting that Brown is the problem not the Bucs.