2022 NFL Wildcard Weekend

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

2022 NFL Wildcard Weekend

Post by King Bootz »

Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATrain

Re: 2022 NFL Wildcard Weekend

Post by ATrain »

Monday night wildcard game is lame. So much better last year with football on all day Saturday and Sunday
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:29 pm Monday night wildcard game is lame. So much better last year with football on all day Saturday and Sunday
3 days of football is lame? Said no one ever.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Jesus Christ. There was ONE time that I was hoping to avoid: Sun at 1pm. Kids have b-ball games at 1:30 and 3:30.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 pm Jesus Christ. There was ONE time that I was hoping to avoid: Sun at 1pm. Kids have b-ball games at 1:30 and 3:30.
Time to call in a pinch hitter. Or come down with Covid.

You feeling ok?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Sunday 1pm keeps the Bucs in a good routine.

Get the troops back on Defense and contain the run next week. Make Hurts throw it to move the ball.

Brady at home is tough to beat b/c of his ability to communicate at the LoS and get to the play he wants. We should be able to score close to 30pts barring uncharacteristic mistakes.
bucfan14

Post by bucfan14 »

We got the Buck/Aikmen game...
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:32 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:29 pm Monday night wildcard game is lame. So much better last year with football on all day Saturday and Sunday
3 days of football is lame? Said no one ever.
Said the guy who just wants to draw attention to himself.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Dread wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:37 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 pm Jesus Christ. There was ONE time that I was hoping to avoid: Sun at 1pm. Kids have b-ball games at 1:30 and 3:30.

You feeling ok?
He is looking a bit peaky and I don’t like that cough.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I don't know about lameness, but putting teams in a Monday night slot in the playoffs is kinda shitty. Whoever is the winner of that game gets one less day to prepare for their next opponent in the second round, one less day to get healthy and rest, et cetera. In the regular season it's annoying; in the playoffs I think it makes the playing field uneven.

I'm against it in principle.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:56 pm
I don't know about lameness, but putting teams in a Monday night slot in the playoffs is kinda shitty. Whoever is the winner of that game gets one less day to prepare for their next opponent in the second round, one less day to get healthy and rest, et cetera. In the regular season it's annoying; in the playoffs I think it makes the playing field uneven.

Not entirely true. Whoever wins that game will play on Sunday. The teams that play this Sunday, some of the winners will play Saturday, also giving them 1 less day of preparation. And all teams playing this Saturday get 1 less day.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:59 pm

Not entirely true. Whoever wins that game will play on Sunday. The teams that play this Sunday, some of the winners will play Saturday, also giving them 1 less day of preparation. And all teams playing this Saturday get 1 less day.
Teams have been playing on Saturdays and Sundays in the playoffs for as long as I've known. This is the first year with a Monday game in the playoffs.

Let's say the winner of the Monday game has to play the winner of a Saturday game the following week. Team Saturday has not one but two extra days of prep and recovery over Team Monday, no matter when that next game is scheduled.

A one day difference doesn't kill you, but a two day difference when team Monday has at max six days before their next game is giving Team Saturday 33% more prep. And in the days of COVID, those two days could be the difference between playing your valuable starter in a must-win playoff game and playing his backup instead.

I think it's a competitive disadvantage, but reasonable people can disagree.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:06 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:59 pm

Teams have been playing on Saturdays and Sundays in the playoffs for as long as I've known. This is the first year with a Monday game in the playoffs.

Let's say the winner of the Monday game has to play the winner of a Saturday game the following week. Team Saturday has not one but two extra days of prep and recovery over Team Monday, no matter when that next game is scheduled.

A one day difference doesn't kill you, but a two day difference when team Monday has at max six days before their next game is giving Team Saturday 33% more prep.

Well I think you should take a look at the schedule more closely.

Both Saturday games are AFC matchups. The Monday Night game is an NFC matchup. So that's not happening.

The NFL already thought this through.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I know the Eagles beat the Saints. But that was with Trevor Simien and no Alvin Kamara and before the Saints defense was playing really good like they were in December/Jan.

That was the only Eagles victory all season vs a team that ended the year with a winning record.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Just looked back at our game in October in Philly as well as some Philly tape since that game.

I feel like we left some meat on the bone. We got a 28-7 lead and then kind of shut everything down until time ran out. AB had a big game that day but there was no Gronk. Philly had a bit of trouble with OJ. So that could be a good sign.

This was the start of the run D losing it's ferocity. The Eagles used Hurts quite a bit but also got some nice runs with Sanders up the middle. They've only grown more confident running the ball and it's translated to the Eagles being the best rushing team in football. Vita will be ready to earn that plat contract he got because we'll need him.

We'll need to get into the backfield. Philly knows who they are. 3rd & 10 or less, they won't shy at running it and are very creative I'm doing so. Hurts will make his throws but won't force it.

I'm not worried about their defense but I'd honestly feel better if we had a strong slot WR. They are helpless covering inside. They also struggle covering RBs in the pass game and in general. A healthy Fournette would be very nice.

Excited about the challenge. I think we will get a W.
Draftline

Post by Draftline »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 am
Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:06 am

A one day difference doesn't kill you, but a two day difference when team Monday has at max six days before their next game is giving Team Saturday 33% more prep.

Both Saturday games are AFC matchups. The Monday Night game is an NFC matchup. So that's not happening.

As much as I would love Cleb to come back from this one, I cant see it.. (sorry Cleb) :D
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Very anxious to see how well our brand of football works in the post season. When it's all said and done, we are a passing team. Threw it more than anybody. Ran it less than anybody except the Jets. And our defense is pretty suspect.

This isn't the brand of football that won us a championship last year but it's who we are right now. Let's see how far it gets us.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Draftline wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:27 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:08 am

As much as I would love Cleb to come back from this one, I cant see it.. (sorry Cleb) :D
CHEB (not sure who Cleb is) gets the benefit of the doubt here. He had a legit concern but most of those details were already released and announced prior to the scheduling. So I knew that wouldn't be a problem.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 am Very anxious to see how well our brand of football works in the post season. When it's all said and done, we are a passing team. Threw it more than anybody. Ran it less than anybody except the Jets. And our defense is pretty suspect.

This isn't the brand of football that won us a championship last year but it's who we are right now. Let's see how far it gets us.
2020: 2nd most passing yards (6th most attempts), 4th fewest rushing yards (also 4th fewest attempts)

2021: most passing yards, 7th fewest rushing yards.

Seems this is exactly who our offense is. Can't imagine why we would feature a pass first offense when we have the greatest QB of all time.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:27 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:59 am Very anxious to see how well our brand of football works in the post season. When it's all said and done, we are a passing team. Threw it more than anybody. Ran it less than anybody except the Jets. And our defense is pretty suspect.

2020: 2nd most passing yards (6th most attempts), 4th fewest rushing yards (also 4th fewest attempts)

Seems this is exactly who our offense is. Can't imagine why we would feature a pass first offense when we have the greatest QB of all time.
I'm guessing you didn't watch our playoff run then. There's a reason "playoff Lenny" became a thing.

I'm also guessing you didn't watch this team in the back half of the year. We ran a much more balanced offense late in the year and in the playoffs.

You're almost as good at looking shit as you can chasing behind me so go look it up bitch.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:42 am
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:27 am

I'm guessing you didn't watch our playoff run then. There's a reason "playoff Lenny" became a thing.

I'm also guessing you didn't watch this team in the back half of the year. We ran a much more balanced offense late in the year and in the playoffs.

You're almost as good at looking shit as you can chasing behind me so go look it up bitch.
You should get a stadium operations job at Ray Jay. You spend all day moving goalposts, you should at least get paid for it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:26 pm
Dread wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:37 pm

You feeling ok?
It's the sore throat, runny nose, and fever that have me concerned. I think a three day quarantine in a room with a TV and Internet connection is just what the doctor ordered.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:01 am
Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:26 pm

It's the sore throat, runny nose, and fever that have me concerned. I think a three day quarantine in a room with a TV and Internet connection is just what the doctor ordered.
Exactly. Bed rest, but watching something active that keeps his mind working and engaged. Maybe a sporting competition? That will help his body fight this off.
Backside

Post by Backside »

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Could the bye teams lose their first game?
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

I'd hate to say this but like the Dolphins in the 80s and 90s with Marino, it won't get us very far. I seriously doubt we make it past the divisional round as we will be facing the Cowboys or the Rams and they will slaughter us. If we do survive that, we will go to the Super Bowl as we match up very well with Green Bay.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 am Could the bye teams lose their first game?
never happened before
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am

I'd hate to say this but like the Dolphins in the 80s and 90s with Marino, it won't get us very far. I seriously doubt we make it past the divisional round as we will be facing the Cowboys or the Rams and they will slaughter us. If we do survive that, we will go to the Super Bowl as we match up very well with Green Bay.
We beat the Cowboys. Granted fully healthy.

I’m only nervous about the Rams but now that it’s a home game… slightly less.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

BJJ34 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:51 am

Yes, fully healthy and without Lamb and Parsons firing on all cylinders. They will wipe the field with us if we run into them again.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

But they had one more day to prepare for their Monday game. That is a benefit. ;-)
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:13 pm

Yes, fully healthy and without Lamb and Parsons firing on all cylinders. They will wipe the field with us if we run into them again.
Bro are you even a fan of this team?

Such pessimism. Have confidence in the team Licht built that won a SB last year. They lost to Arizona two weeks ago. They’re not godly. They have a decent WR corps and a pretty good Rookie who’s gonna be confused by Brady. Give me a fucking break.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:26 am
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:48 am Could the bye teams lose their first game?
never happened before
From 2007-16, 14 teams that played on wild card weekend upset a #1 or #2 seed coming off a first round bye.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm
Noles1724 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:26 am

never happened before
From 2007-16, 14 teams that played on wild card weekend upset a #1 or #2 seed coming off a first round bye.
blue text
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Go to your medicine cabinet, I'm sure you got something to flatline your nervousness.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:13 pm

They owned 55 and 99, you want sand kicked in your face forever or do you want to stand up and fight