Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Kress

Re: Antonio NOW Officially Released.

Post by Kress »

With the talk about how the Bucs will be perceived in this whole ordeal, the team PR department really doesn't have to do anything. Just sit back and let AB talk/tweet/post/be AB.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Wow. Unfortunately I don’t see him going anywhere as long as he’s willing to trash people and betray the brotherhood when a microphone is in his face.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:14 pm With the talk about how the Bucs will be perceived in this whole ordeal, the team PR department really doesn't have to do anything. Just sit back and let AB talk/tweet/post/be AB.
Seriously. Imagine you're in the PR dept and yesterday you're annoyed that you're going to actually have to do work on a Friday. Come into the office and AB is doing all the work for you. Take a sip off the desk flask and just crank this

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

LMAO!
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Two seasons ...

2020 - 8 games
2021 - 7 games

not even a full season combined and who fault is that?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:55 pm Two seasons ...

2020 - 8 games
2021 - 7 games

not even a full season combined and who fault is that?
Exactly.

Should've been 8 games + 4 playoff games then good riddance. Gotta know when to move on and unfortunately the Bucs moved on when it was too late.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

AB’s lawyer bought him good will and had people actually blaming the Bucs for the situation.

Then Mr. Brainless Clown opened up his mouth and showed his ass to the world. He feels like he is better than all the other receivers, wants to be paid like a top player even though he just showed everyone why he won’t be paid like a top player and expected the team to prioritize getting him his incentives over winning after he put the organization in a terrible position by committing a federal crime and getting suspended. He’s a total lost cause and I just can’t wait for this nonsense to go away.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This shit ain't going anywhere until he's on a new team or until we're out of the playoffs.

We're on the crazy train. Hopefully that train has an ending destination in LA next month
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:34 pm This shit ain't going anywhere until he's on a new team or until we're out of the playoffs.

We're on the crazy train. Hopefully that train has an ending destination in LA next month
You’re not wrong. At least we got a ring out of it I guess.
Buccabeer

Re: Antonio Brown Saga

Post by Buccabeer »

Buccabeer wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:41 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:06 pm Even if it's bullshit, AB seems to be winning in the court of public opinion on social media, which is wild to me.

I dont really care if no one is suspended this year and we win...
He's not winning in the court of public opinion. First, the sports media loves this. IF AB is just nuts this goes away and there's nothing to talk about. But, what if there was a conspiracy??? We can get 3-4 days out of this. Then AB and his Team send out a few Tweets. It's all one sided and those who don't want to believe that AB is a liar and his cryptic messages to everyone is Truth of a cover up; will respond in his favor. The Bucs are going through the process, I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. Do you think AB was suspended by the NFL overnight?

Yes, it would have been better for BA to say No Comment 100 times as it relates to AB. But, that's what you get with BA, he says what is true on his mind, there's no other motive. AB wasn't playing another down for the Bucs, and hindsight says he should have been dismissed after he lied to the NFL and his teammates. But, he got his 15th chance and F'd that up too and people want to defend him because he had an ankle injury. OK, go with that I guess. Maybe Mike Evans, Vita Vea, AWJ, and every other freakin Buc who has an injury shouldn't have been playing.

I'll just sit back and wait for that idiot to implode one more time so everyone will come back to sanity.
And my last sentence didn't take too long.....I would just like to Thank Antonio Brown for still being Antonio Brown. Any team who would sign this idiot after the last couple days of his crazy rants deserves the Covid-like infection you're going to get.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

So a couple days ago I was arguing we shouldn't cut him...

The one thing that can safely be said about this moron is that the depths of his foolishness are truly bottomless. I didn't have any respect for him after Sunday, but felt we should keep him on the roster because it might make the difference for another ring. Then more details came out, one by one...

And then the clown made sure to remove all doubt of his foolishness and alienate whatever two or five supporters he might still have by throwing the guy who single-handedly picked him off the scrap heap and revived his very-dead career - and oh yeah, that other small thing, brought him his one and only Super Bowl ring - under the bus.

Dear insano AB: go fuck yourself.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah, everyone is gonna make some goofy takes without all the information. That’s life on a message board. At this point, it’s hard to come to any conclusion other than: when in doubt, always assume AB is in the wrong. Even if your disposition is giving people the benefit of the doubt. His dishonesty is at criminal/pathological levels.
Last edited by Snake on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Still, ya gotta admire how he's burning EVERY STINKING bridge that he had.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:32 pm AB’s lawyer bought him good will and had people actually blaming the Bucs for the situation.

Then Mr. Brainless Clown opened up his mouth and showed his ass to the world. He feels like he is better than all the other receivers, wants to be paid like a top player even though he just showed everyone why he won’t be paid like a top player and expected the team to prioritize getting him his incentives over winning after he put the organization in a terrible position by committing a federal crime and getting suspended. He’s a total lost cause and I just can’t wait for this nonsense to go away.
This this this and this
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Moozician wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:10 pm Still, ya gotta admire how he's burning EVERY STINKING bridge that he had.
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:08 pm Yeah, everyone is gonna make some goofy takes without all the information. That’s life on a message board. At this point, it’s hard to come to any conclusion other than: when in doubt, always assume AB is in the wrong. Even if your disposition is giving people the benefit of the doubt. His dishonesty is at criminal/pathological levels.
This is something that should've been taken into consideration before he was signed in 2020. Because none of what you said is groundbreaking or new. It's just the most recent episode
Brady-andthebucs

Post by Brady-andthebucs »

This fool ain’t sick, he’s just stupid, but he perceives himself smart, lol. He knows he got a bunch of ignorant of the facts, reactionary, social justice, woke users, who are either kids; black and projecting; or white and trying to score brownie points on social media, that are always looking to cape for the latest black victim, and they will always defend this type of stupidity always, similar to how they worship the half-white, raised by a white family in the suburbs, dating a non-black woman Kaepernick, preaching about tv characters not being black enough, lol. The identity crisis is real in that one, but I guess we’re all the same to him, go figure.

I waited for AB’s side and after reading that ghostwritten by his attorney statement. It’s clear that they were expecting the reactionary, non-football fans to decide this in the court of public opinion, but no sir.

First and foremost, the attorney started with a trigger statement — they injected AB with a “deadly” painkiller. Relevance, unless they didn’t go over the warnings with him? Most players are playing drugged up on the same mess. Nobody forced him to play, nobody forced him to take the drug. He got himself cleared enough to play and agreed to take the injection because he wanted that cash. Given protocol for reporting injuries, I figured the attorney would mention it, but he conveniently skipped over all that. Predictable.

Secondly, the attorney used an ambiguous statement from BA to claim the sideline was hostile — “you’re done” with a slashing throat gesture. Ok, was he done for the rest of the game, season, playoffs, or the team?

The issue is not whether AB was playing injured or not because we know he was injured or at least assumed so — Mike Evans is playing injured— the question is what triggered his reaction. Based on info, which I already assumed was the issue, AB was mad about Gronk getting more targets. He refused to run around on that bum ankle for Gronk to get all the balls, benched himself and proceeded to act a whole fool after the coach cussed at him. He didn’t mind playing injured as long as he got his catches in.

Knowing his ankle was broken, knowing he probably couldn’t play next week and probably not going to play in the playoffs, knowing that no team would sign him to a good deal at his age, with his past, and on that bum ankle next season, he knew he had nothing to lose or gain and acted a complete fool for his last 15 minutes…

I hope he enjoys it for now. AB is trying to hint at race playing a factor, but he’s playing with a team who has more diversity and inclusion in coaching personnel than any other team in the league. Whether they are racist or not, it’s going to be a hard sale, but as I stated previously, this fool is dumb! Had he not been bragging to his unpaid chef about fake vax cards, he would’ve made his $2 mill and been unbothered about Gronk’s targets.

Anyways, we win Sunday, nobody is discussing this mess anymore.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I'm not going to do the hindsight is 20/20 routine. AB helped us win a SB. He helped us win games this year. It's not our fault he went batshit crazy. He was given a chance here, and like usual, he ruined it.

We didn't sign him to some giant bloated contract. We didn't trade a bunch of draft capital. The opportunity cost for keeping him in 2021 was next to nothing.

AB is the scum of the earth, betrayed his team, spit in the face of Brady, and hopefully killed his NFL career. Sadly I think he'll still get another chance but only time will tell.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

This AB thread is longer than the Jets GDT. I guess Bucs fans are just bored of going to the playoffs every year. LMAO
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:15 pm I'm not going to do the hindsight is 20/20 routine. AB helped us win a SB. He helped us win games this year. It's not our fault he went batshit crazy. He was given a chance here, and like usual, he ruined it.

We didn't sign him to some giant bloated contract. We didn't trade a bunch of draft capital. The opportunity cost for keeping him in 2021 was next to nothing.

AB is the scum of the earth, betrayed his team, spit in the face of Brady, and hopefully killed his NFL career. Sadly I think he'll still get another chance but only time will tell.
Im with you on this. I don’t regret signing him or having him this year. That Super Bowl season tasted delicious. The crazy train came to a screeching halt and I’m just glad it happened before the playoffs instead of during.

I am also completely over this “enabling” talk. AB is a grown man who was hired to do a job and he did that job to the tune of helping the team win a Super Bowl. That’s a winning exchange between organization and player.

As far as his mental health that’s up to AB to correct. His employer offered counseling etc, but ultimately that is his responsibility. On to the next.
Dread

Post by Dread »

You can't help those who don't want help and/or don't believe there is a problem. So all this sympathy/empathy for AB is pretty meaningless until that changes.

But I don't regret signing him. He didn't cost shit relatively speaking and this drama will be over once we kick off Sunday.

I'm glad he went on those recent podcasts and revealed his true self so the clowns who defended him this week can see how silly they were.

Not that we really needed him in the playoffs last season (he didn't even play in the Saints or Packers games), I do appreciate the TD catch before halftime in the SuperBowl. I think we win that SB game with or without AB though.

Good luck to him. Hopefully he surrounds himself with people who will have tough conversations with him b/c he seems to be around only 'Yes-Men' that enable his distorted reality.

Blows my mind he doesn't understand why he wasn't offered a larger contract as a free agent this offseason and had to have Brady convince the Bucs to resign him to an incentive laden deal. Then has the audacity to burn that bridge.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

OneBuc

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by OneBuc »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:28 pm
OneBuc wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:09 pm

doubt that
Character? No. Performance? Yes.
I'll be curious to see if he gets votes - he's sabotaged his career in so many ways, so many times. Pathetic. All he had to do is remain quiet, play, be a good teammate, and receive the sport's accolades. I don't think the Bucs regret their initial signing and then for the 2021 season, but the COVID fake medical document/lie was their chance to cut him and I think they regret missing that opportunity.
MJW

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by MJW »

OneBuc wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:21 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:28 pm

Character? No. Performance? Yes.
I'll be curious to see if he gets votes - he's sabotaged his career in so many ways, so many times. Pathetic. All he had to do is remain quiet, play, be a good teammate, and receive the sport's accolades. I don't think the Bucs regret their initial signing and then for the 2021 season, but the COVID fake medical document/lie was their chance to cut him and I think they regret missing that opportunity.
He SHOULD be in the HOF, if it's about production. He had arguably the greatest 6 year stretch any wide receiver has ever had in league history, including guys like Rice and Moss. If he had ONLY played those six years (2013-2018) and that was it, he'd be in the Hall.

As for what we did...we signed him in 2020 and got lucky. He stayed sane and was a huge part of the Superbowl push. We rolled the dice again and got burned. In hindsight, maybe we should have quit while we were ahead. But nobody here was against bringing him back, and I don't blame OBP for doing it.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

heh

Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Another good one
Snake

Post by Snake »

Gotta love him. I have immense respect for the way he plays the game despite some pretty nasty injuries. The forearm that’s basically pulled pork held together with steel. The spine surgeries.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Antonio Brown timeline:
Kick return for TD in debut
Gets big extension
Considered one of the best wide receivers in the NFL
Gets a Skittle vending machine

Burfict knocks him out cold

Broadcasts locker room celebration on Facebook
Gets deactivate for repeatedly throw a football at a teammate during practice
Has public dispute with Roethlisberger
Rooney and AB mutually agree to part ways
Tweeted about trade to Bills which caused deal to fall apart
Frozen feet in cyrptherapy
Refuses to practice without his old helmet
Takes his old Steelers helmet and has someone paint to to look like a Raiders helmet
Calls Mayock a cracker
Sexual assault allegations, lots of lawsuits, altercation with truck driver, tried to take baby mama's car back and police are called, throwing a bike at police, tossed furniture out of apartment window
Fake covid card
Refuses to return to game, takes shoulder pads and helmet off, gives peace sign to crowd

I think Burfict fucked this dude's life up. He was one dirty player.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I'd read some stories about the big difference between Antonio Brown's demeanor before that hit and his demeanor afterwards, so I checked out some interviews of Brown before that hit and obviously his behavior afterwards, and I'd agree. Huge difference.

Burfict scrambled his eggs in a big way. It's a fucking shame, and likely the key contributor to his current behavior.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:09 pm I'd read some stories about the big difference between Antonio Brown's demeanor before that hit and his demeanor afterwards, so I checked out some interviews of Brown before that hit and obviously his behavior afterwards, and I'd agree. Huge difference.

Burfict scrambled his eggs in a big way. It's a fucking shame, and likely the key contributor to his current behavior.
And many on this board will STILL prove they don’t the difference between that as an explanation as opposed to an excuse in 3…2…
I said what I said

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Regardless of why he is the way he is, that doesn’t mean you keep him on your team when he screws up multiple times.

While whatever is going on with him is a shame, sorry, but go get yourself right. In the meantime, you’re no longer on the team.
Don't tread on me