Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Antonio Brown Saga

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:53 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:30 pm

If it's deemed they violated anything in the CBA.

Again, there are protocols when it comes to injuries and dealing with the release of injured players. Fans might have their minds made up but their motivation is largely irrelevant when it comes to the CBA.
The Bucs FO has two of the most highly regarding Football Administration professionals league wide in Mike Greenberg and Jackie Davidson. Those two (and those who report to them) are responsible the Bucs are CBA compliant in all roster decisions.

You mention "protocols" as if it could potentially help AB. But there are also protocols for players when it comes to injuries. Like informing the team trainers and being evaluated.

I'll take a leap and assume the Bucs followed protocols much better than AB did. But perhaps you're right and it's the other way around. You seem convinced the Bucs screwed him over.
Nope I'll say it again although it's a waste of time with you. There's enough detail available to not make as many assumptions and "leaps" as you are. You mentioned that you didn't want to go conspiratorial then followed it up by going conspiratorial. AB has released his details BA has responded and so have the Bucs. The CBA is very clear and there's no need for interpretation yet you're choosing to interpret it to fit your own narrative.

Bottom line you've made it clear that you've picked a side here no matter what and have gone so far as to make up your own "details" to fit a narrative, by your own admission. You've decided you'll ignore whatever facts or details you don't like. I'm not doing that on either side.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:30 pm
Buc2 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 pm

What is the motivation for the Bucs to settle? I see none from everything I've read. They can let this drag out for however long AB's lawyer wants.
If it's deemed they violated anything in the CBA.

Again, there are protocols when it comes to injuries and dealing with the release of injured players. Fans might have their minds made up but their motivation is largely irrelevant when it comes to the CBA.
Injury settlement process is pretty much set in stone. Based on the Bucs' actions this week (as both stated by AB and the team), they did their part in what needs to be done for an injury settlement. AB didn't comply on his end. Going to guess with the info about AB's agent contacting the team about getting his incentives/bonuses made guaranteed the week before the Jets game, he wasn't going to be happy with a one game paycheck he'd get with the settlement. With the NFLPA not being up in arms about his release (they released a statement that they'd look into the team's actions as SOP in all of these matters), certainly seems like at present there isn't much of a claim for Brown to make.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Doctor wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:15 pm he was backed into a corner.

And we know how AB gets when he feels he's got his back against the wall.

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:06 pm Nope I'll say it again although it's a waste of time with you.
Most of wish you would just stop saying things again. In most of these threads, you are playing both the pot and the kettle.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:06 pm
Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:53 pm
The Bucs FO has two of the most highly regarding Football Administration professionals league wide in Mike Greenberg and Jackie Davidson. Those two (and those who report to them) are responsible the Bucs are CBA compliant in all roster decisions.

You mention "protocols" as if it could potentially help AB. But there are also protocols for players when it comes to injuries. Like informing the team trainers and being evaluated.

I'll take a leap and assume the Bucs followed protocols much better than AB did. But perhaps you're right and it's the other way around. You seem convinced the Bucs screwed him over.
Nope I'll say it again although it's a waste of time with you. There's enough detail available to not make as many assumptions and "leaps" as you are. You mentioned that you didn't want to go conspiratorial then followed it up by going conspiratorial. AB has released his details BA has responded and so have the Bucs. The CBA is very clear and there's no need for interpretation yet you're choosing to interpret it to fit your own narrative.

Bottom line you've made it clear that you've picked a side here no matter what and have gone so far as to make up your own "details" to fit a narrative, by your own admission. You've decided you'll ignore whatever facts or details you don't like. I'm not doing that on either side.
You're a master of projecting. I'll give you that.

Like most of your idiocy, this will be fun to revisit once the dust settles. By then you'll of course deny simping for AB and taking his statements as facts.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:06 pm Bottom line you've made it clear that you've picked a side here no matter what and have gone so far as to make up your own "details" to fit a narrative, by your own admission. You've decided you'll ignore whatever facts or details you don't like. I'm not doing that on either side.

Oh bullshit, Bootz. Do a search of this thread for the number of times you used the words "lie" or "lied."

You've been better than this of late. Don't go backwards on us. You took a side, like virtually everyone did based on our various predispositions - myself included, because I personally don't trust Brown any farther than I could outrun him - so just own it.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This shit just gets weirder. Apparently AB snuck an Onlyfans model into his room the night before the game (players can’t have guests due to covid rules). She is claiming he told her to “watch what I do tomorrow”.

Regardless if she is lying about what he said this is another example of why he should’ve been cut. You can’t sneak in women when covid is wrecking our roster.

Last edited by Primeminister on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I’m so glad I didn’t have a daughter.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Is that mess a real human female?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:13 pm I’m so glad I didn’t have a daughter.
Watching AB will make you wish you never had a son.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:19 pm
He even texts like a toddler.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:20 pm
Primeminister wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:19 pm

He even texts like a toddler.
My 3 year old nephew is offended by this claim. Please recant your statement, good sir.
Phantom

Re: Antonio NOW Officially Released.

Post by Phantom »

So Antonio released?

I pray to god he doesn’t go to chiefs or rams

We’ll win with Tom Brady
nybf

Post by nybf »

Treat them with respect, teach them to respect themselves, and they won't do shit like licking toilet seats for money.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:06 pm

You're a master of projecting. I'll give you that.

Like most of your idiocy, this will be fun to revisit once the dust settles. By then you'll of course deny simping for AB and taking his statements as facts.
Simping?

LMAO! Weren't you the one defending him committing a felony with the fake vax card? I said we should've gotten rid of him then while you and others defended him. I suppose that makes you an even bigger simp by your own logic.

I'm not defending him here. Should've cut him immediately. But even then many of you defended......something.....I don't know or remember who it was but someone said Jason Licht would be stupid to release him Monday. 3 days later, it's not so dumb.

Try and keep up with the bullshit you spew, kiddo.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

His quote is rather ambiguous. Could very well have thought he was going to go off for a big stat day against the Jets.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Why does like every thread become this
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:28 pm His quote is rather ambiguous. Could very well have thought he was going to go off for a big stat day against the Jets.
The bigger issue is sneaking her into the hotel when half the coaching staff just came back from covid.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:43 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:06 pm Bottom line you've made it clear that you've picked a side here no matter what and have gone so far as to make up your own "details" to fit a narrative, by your own admission. You've decided you'll ignore whatever facts or details you don't like. I'm not doing that on either side.

Oh bullshit, Bootz. Do a search of this thread for the number of times you used the words "lie" or "lied."

You've been better than this of late. Don't go backwards on us. You took a side, like virtually everyone did based on our various predispositions - myself included, because I personally don't trust Brown any farther than I could outrun him - so just own it.
Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:57 am Those who used him to fulfill a need are now seeing the consequences of trusting someone like AB.

Those who used him to fulfill a need would probably do it again despite the consequences.

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:03 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:45 pm Just because AB was stupid, doesn't mean JL has to be stupid.
^^^

Apparently seeing as you said you do it again and was fine with keeping him around we know the side you picked.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:31 pm
Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:03 am

Those who used him to fulfill a need would probably do it again despite the consequences.

^^^

Apparently seeing as you said you do it again we know the side you picked.

?

Logic fail.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:30 pm Why does like every thread become this
Because @King Bootz posts in them.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:31 pm Apparently seeing as you said you do it again we know the side you picked.

?

Logic fail.
No, it is just a fail. @King Bootz has no logic. He just has argument.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Apparently seeing as you said you do it again we know the side you picked.

?

Logic fail.
You tell me. I said we should release him 3 days ago, you agreed with the position that Licht should keep him so he doesn't sign elsewhere.

What's your position now? Dumb to cut him or not? Or do you just choose to disagree with whatever I say?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:38 pm

?

Logic fail.
No, it is just a fail. @King Bootz has no logic. He just has argument.
This coming from a guy who tried to paint this as a mental health issue and said we should help him as needed. Did you change your mind?
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm you agreed with the position that Licht should keep him so he doesn't sign elsewhere.

What's your position now? Dumb to cut him or not? Or do you just choose to disagree with whatever I say?
Dug yourself a real hole now, my friend.

Link? Quote? Anything? No?

I thought so. Carry on and bootz as you will.

Good to sign him last year? Yes, I'd do it again. Trust what he said about this? Hell no. Anything like what you said? Looks like a bootz LIE!!!! Because that's how we roll.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm you agreed with the position that Licht should keep him so he doesn't sign elsewhere.

Dug yourself a real hole now, my friend.

Link? Quote? Anything? No?

I thought so. Carry on and bootz as you will.

Good to sign him last year? Yes, I'd do it again. Trust what he said about this? Hell no. Anything like what you said? Looks like a bootz LIE!!!! Because that's how we roll.
Nope, it's there queued up and quoted for you. Just hit the little arrow in the corner. Or turn to page 5.

There clear as day no matter how much you choose to deny.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I'll save you some time, bootz. Stop looking. It's not there. You either LIED or just confused me with someone else. There's your out.

Anywho, I'm about to head out so you are unopposed. Have at it.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Oh for fuck's sake. You look stupid, but do you. G' night
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:45 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm The fact that there hasn't been an official release yet is very indicative unfortunately of the status of this franchise. On the field, we're one of the absolute best. But behind the scenes, not so much.
I think it's been discussed that there is a very real possibility that they won't outright cut him just to be sure he doesn't get picked up by another team. I'm okay with that if that's the case. Just because AB was stupid, doesn't mean JL has to be stupid.
Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:45 pm Just because AB was stupid, doesn't mean JL has to be stupid.
^^^
"No what I really meant was..." incoming from @Kress in 5.....4......3......2.....
Kress

Post by Kress »

Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:55 pm Oh for fuck's sake. You look stupid, but do you. G' night
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Deny. Deny. Deny. That's the spirit, @Kress.

We move on
Kress

Post by Kress »

Had to take a piss first. Made the mistake of hitting refresh on a bootz conversation. Fuck me.

You suck at logic, bootz. I like you in a strange way, but shit you're dumb.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:04 pm Deny. Deny. Deny. That's the spirit, @Kress.

We move on
And apparently get mad too.

We move on.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:08 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:04 pm Deny. Deny. Deny. That's the spirit, @Kress.

We move on
And apparently get mad too.

We move on.
This is really just... chef's kiss Bootz, even if it's obviously a mistake.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

This thread... Jesus.