Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Antonio NOW Officially Released.

Post by Primeminister »

Last edited by Primeminister on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by Phantom »

Rams and Packers, say hello to Brown!
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Crazy. You can't tolerate that behavior though. Appreciate his role in our championship season but his sanity ran out today... again.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:20 pm Rams and Packers, say hello to Brown!
No way in hell. They would torpedo their own teams.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Redrum wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:20 pm Crazy. You can't tolerate that behavior though. Appreciate his role in our championship season but his sanity ran out today... again.
The man only has so much sanity left in him
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

They don't have the need.

Now the Titans are a different story.
Nano

Post by Nano »

I don't think AB is coming back to the NFL. Teams can turn a blind eye when they do off the field shit...but literally quitting the way he did in the middle of a game...nobody is going to touch that.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

He's done. There is no one else, maybe the Canadian League or something.

That's like a code of honor, players will forgive you for making an ass of yourself or whatever, but not quitting mid-game.

And then played up to the Jets crowd, as though he was with them now and purposely fucked the Bucs over.

Fuck him.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm I don't think AB is coming back to the NFL. Teams can turn a blind eye when they do off the field shit...but literally quitting the way he did in the middle of a game...nobody is going to touch that.
This. When your crazy hurts the on-field product the league will bury you.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Tennis Announcer: That's 72 unforced errors for Antonio Brown. He's playing the worst tennis of his life. What's he feeling right now, Tex Haywood?

Tex Haywood: I don't know, Jim. There's obviously something wrong with him. He's taken off his shoes and one of his socks and... actually, I think he's crying.
Snake

Post by Snake »

What happened here? Mad he wasn’t getting his targets because incentives? Or just crazy AB?

I know this is the last thing on anyone’s mind, but this may be the last straw that keeps him out of the HOF.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Antonio Brown’s “List” (per Reddit)

•Kicked out of Florida International University after fighting a security guard

•⁠"Don't touch me. I'm the franchise"

• ⁠His second year in the league he took a personal stretch limo to a charity event, had them open every single expensive bottle of wine, rejected it. Refused to pay for it (charity, remember), then left. -credit Nduguu77

• ⁠Threw fits over not getting enough targets

• ⁠Drove 100 down McKnight Road in Pittsburgh, which has a 45 MPH speed limit

• ⁠Trashed a condo and threw furniture out a window 14th floor window, which almost hit some people, notably a child

• ⁠Killed a home aquarium full of piranhas and refused to pay the man who installed the tank

• ⁠Refused to play week 17 for the Steelers

• ⁠Dyed his mustache blonde

• ⁠Refused to pay a chef because he thought he threatened him by placing a fish head in the freezer (the fish head was saved to make a soup)

• ⁠Farted on a doctor

• ⁠Demanded a trade from the Steelers

• ⁠Became "Mr. Big Chest"

• ⁠Threw a fit over Juju winning team MVP and trashed him on social media

• ⁠(Allegedly) nixed a trade that would've sent him to the Bills

• ⁠Showed up to Raiders training camp in a hot air balloon

• ⁠Held out and refused to show up to training camp because the NFL would not approve his helmet because it was too old for their safety standards

• ⁠Froze his feet

• ⁠Tried to paint over his old helmet, hoping no one would notice I guess

• ⁠Acquired a newer version of the same model of helmet, which the NFL refused to let him use

• ⁠Picked out a new helmet and finally showed up to the Raiders

• ⁠Got fined by the Raiders for not attending camp

• ⁠Tweeted the fines

• ⁠Tried to fight Mike Mayock, called him a cracker, had to be held back by Vontaze Burfict, then punted a football down the practice field and said "fine me for that"

• ⁠Got fined for that

• ⁠Released a video where he used audio of Jon Gruden, who didn't know he was being recorded, which is illegal in California (full disclosure, Gruden has said he gave permission, but the generally accepted theory is that he said that in the hope that it would help get him to show up to the facility and not alienate him)

• ⁠Demanded a release from the Raiders

• ⁠Was released

• ⁠"GRANDMA I’M FREEEEEE! FLY LIKE A FREEEEE!"

• ⁠Made a lot of crazy tweets saying stuff like 'Devil is a lie', a proverb about burning down a village... he made a lot of crazy tweets around this time is the point here

• ⁠Liked a tweet about Mayock getting raped in the ass

• ⁠Signed with the Patriots

• ⁠Moved in with Tom Brady

• ⁠The sexual assault allegations came out (the one where he's getting sued)

• ⁠The sexual harassment allegations came out (the one where he's not getting sued)

• ⁠Threatened the woman not suing him in a group text that included his lawyer and had a picture of her kids in the text

• ⁠Got released by the Patriots after one week

• ⁠Went off on a tweet storm and said a lot of crazy shit about a lot of people, and was supportive of people sending threats to the writer of the article detailing the sexual harassment allegations

• ⁠Said he was done with the NFL

• ⁠Went back to college via online classes

• ⁠Tried to outsource his homework to Twitter

• ⁠Wants to come back to the NFL

• ⁠Filed several grievances to try and get more than $40 million from the Raider's and Patriots

• ⁠Was ordered to show up for a deposition regarding trashing the condo

• ⁠Was accused of "reprehensible behavior" during the deposition Note: I cut the specifics about the deposition so I could fit this as a single comment. You can read more about it here if you're interested, because it, like everything else, is nuts

• ⁠Said that the Patriots have to pay him anyway, so they might as well let him play

• ⁠Tweeted a couple of bizarre tweets about the Raiders using him for HBO ratings and the Patriots trying to steal his stuff and kept using this weird chicken based metaphor

• ⁠Tried out for the Saints and brought an entourage and film crew to shoot a music video with him when specifically told not to do that

• ⁠Called out Robert Kraft for his rub and tug massage session in Florida

• ⁠Starting training for a boxing match with Logan Paul

• ⁠Tweeted "No more white woman 2020"

• ⁠The attorney representing him in the suit involving the condo quit

• ⁠Used a bunch of slurs and profane language towards cops in an Instagram video he posted

• ⁠A police youth football league cut ties with him and returned a donation after the release of the video saying there was a "irreparable rift" between the department and AB

• ⁠Threw a bag of gummy candy dicks at the cops in a video he posted

• ⁠Got dropped by his agent

• ⁠Was involved in a disputed with movers at his home where he allegedly threw rocks at the movers and moving vans. He is currently being investigated for battery by the police.

• ⁠His trainer was arrested and he is still a suspect in the battery case.

• ⁠Warrant issued for the arrest of AB.

• ⁠AB turns himself in to Broward Country Jail wearing this suit

• ⁠Rumors spread about AB signing with Tampa or Seattle

• ⁠AB announces his retirement (for what I believe is the third time, it's hard to find a good record of the rest of them)

• ⁠Two days later AB wants to play again and is asking for the league to wrap up it's investigation

• ⁠The NFL announces an eight game suspension for AB

• ⁠AB signs with the Buccaneers on a one-year deal

• ⁠Before he signed with the Buccaneers AB was accused of destroying a surveillance camera at a Florida gated community, throwing bike at a security-guard shack, and is not charged because HOA president "feared" retaliation, per police report

• ⁠AB is under investigation by the NFL for the bike throwing incident

• ⁠Allegedly acquired fake covid-19 card

• confirmed to have acquired a fake covid-19 card and subsequently suspended for three games

• Removed jersey and pads and threw them in the stands before exiting the games verse the Jets.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

No way. If he had a meltdown like this with Tom Brady, nobody is touching him. He walked away from his football career. I seriously see him trying to start shit with Jake Paul for a boxing match.

As for us, anyone got Larry Fitzgerald’s number?
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:34 pm What happened here? Mad he wasn’t getting his targets because incentives? Or just crazy AB?

I know this is the last thing on anyone’s mind, but this may be the last straw that keeps him out of the HOF.
Yeah... He realized he wasn't gonna make his bonus this season, so he quit.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I’d love to see the text message conversation between Tom and AB:

“Yo 12 leave my shit on the front porch”

“You da man AB!”
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:34 pm What happened here? Mad he wasn’t getting his targets because incentives? Or just crazy AB?

Being a crackpot didnt keep TO out of the Hall, and AB actually has rings.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

If he quit on the team over incentives then he's a moron. He would've got them next week easy.

What a bizarre game all around.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:45 pm

TO was annoying (to say the least), but unless I’m totally forgetting something, he never quit on his team like this.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:45 pm

He went full TO, Never go Full TO.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:22 pm
Redrum wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:20 pm Crazy. You can't tolerate that behavior though. Appreciate his role in our championship season but his sanity ran out today... again.
The man only has so much sanity left in him
Not any more, pretty sure he ran out of sanity today during the 3rd quarter
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

I started both Brown and Jones in my Championship game and still currently have a 67% chance to win, unbelievably.

This guy could care less about his team, my team, any team. He is just a selfish Sociopath, nothing more.

Time to start thinking about how we replace the production. He has hurt our ability to repeat most definitely.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I'm glad we cut AB, but would it have been more strategic to just suspend AB for conduct detrimental in other prevent him from having even a small chance of signing with an NFC rival?

Or would the awful optics and press outweigh whatever strategic advantage we'd gain by keeping him suspended?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm I'm glad we cut AB, but would it have been more strategic to just suspend AB for conduct detrimental in other prevent him from having even a small chance of signing with an NFC rival?

Or would the awful optics and press outweigh whatever strategic advantage we'd gain by keeping him suspended?
Maybe. I wonder if they still could do that if the paperwork for cutting him hasn’t officially been filed.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I lol’ed
DMTNT

Post by DMTNT »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:36 pm

As for us, anyone got Larry Fitzgerald’s number?
Very first thing I thought of when I heard the news.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Brazen331 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:51 pm I started both Brown and Jones in my Championship game and still currently have a 67% chance to win, unbelievably.

This guy could care less about his team, my team, any team. He is just a selfish Sociopath, nothing more.

Time to start thinking about how we replace the production. He has hurt our ability to repeat most definitely.
Same here and still favored to win (62%) somehow but it should have been a blowout.... Probably lose after leading league in scoring by over 300 points this year, lol

Need Mitchell and Deebo to do something in the late game
Nano

Post by Nano »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:54 pm I'm glad we cut AB, but would it have been more strategic to just suspend AB for conduct detrimental in other prevent him from having even a small chance of signing with an NFC rival?

The press would outweigh anything. The entire week, literally the only question that anyone on the Bucs would be asked is why we didn't cut AB after we said we would. Players would only be asked if AB should still be on the team. It would be exhausting for them.

And honestly, that's why I don't think anyone is going to sign him. The moment you sign the man, you bring a media avalanche to your team. With a game left before the playoffs start, no team wants to enter distracted.

Maybe during the offseason he could find a home with a desperate team. But I still think he's potentially done.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Who are they going to cut for a guy that quits on his team?
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Fuck this guy. He deserves none of our attention. Wish the op would delete this thread.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

If there is a legal way to make him ineligible to play for other teams and have him not welcome at the Buccaneers facility they may decide to take that route.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Umm.... Fuck AB even more if this is true.
Naismith

Post by Naismith »

I think we all knew the Antonio Brown era would end exactly like this.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Kona

Post by Kona »

What am I supposed to do with my Tim Brown jersey now?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Sooooo….

This is probably a publicity stunt for him.

The Super Gremlins post is cryptic as fuck. Does he know what a Gremlin is?