Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Brazen331

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by Brazen331 »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:00 pm
Brazen331 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:51 pm I started both Brown and Jones in my Championship game and still currently have a 67% chance to win, unbelievably.

This guy could care less about his team, my team, any team. He is just a selfish Sociopath, nothing more.

Time to start thinking about how we replace the production. He has hurt our ability to repeat most definitely.
Same here and still favored to win (62%) somehow but it should have been a blowout.... Probably lose after leading league in scoring by over 300 points this year, lol

Need Mitchell and Deebo to do something in the late game
It seemed like a good idea at the time. I was expecting TDs from both guys, definitely didn’t expect this.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm Sooooo….

This is probably a publicity stunt for him.

The Super Gremlins post is cryptic as fuck. Does he know what a Gremlin is?
You think it's a publicity stunt to potentially kill any chance at making money playing football and risking his HOF status?

It's more likely a mental health issue.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So AB posted on Instagram "Super Gremlin", which I guess is a rap song. A few Bucs players liked his post.

This is the Wiki entry for the song:

The song sees Kodak Black rapping about "lost bonds and betrayal", as he reflects on his time with a former close friend and how they dreamt of being "superstars" together, but he laments that the person has now "switched".

AB also immediately unfollwed Brady

Did they have some sort of falling out I wonder? What could Brady have possibly done to cause AB to turn on him so quickly?

Guessing this is just AB blaming everyone else but himself once again. But kind of concerning that Bucs players would be liking his post after he just quit on them...
Last edited by ATrain on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

its reported that Ariens told him to go back into the game and AB refused. That's a crazy response to your HC.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Well, it’s a good thing Brady has a laundry list of drama and BS so we can give AB the benefit of the doubt. Oh wait…

AB would be TB’s first teammate of consequence to say anything bad about him lol
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm So AB posted on Instagram "Super Gremlin", which I guess is a rap song. A few Bucs players liked his post.

The song sees Kodak Black rapping about "lost bonds and betrayal", as he reflects on his time with a former close friend and how they dreamt of being "superstars" together, but he laments that the person has now "switched".

Did they have some sort of falling out I wonder? What could Brady have possibly done to cause AB to turn on him so quickly?

Guessing this is just AB blaming everyone else but himself once again. But kind of concerning that Bucs players would be liking his post after he just quit on them...
Fits with AB from Pittsburgh.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:42 pm So AB posted on Instagram "Super Gremlin", which I guess is a rap song. A few Bucs players liked his post.

Tom Brady was the one guy banging the table for AB last year. He let him into his phone with his family and delivered the dude his first Super Bowl ring. Even after this episode, Tom still had nothing bad to say about AB after the game today.

The fact AB would act this way and imply Tom Brady betrayed him or something is literally pathetic.
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm Sooooo….

This is probably a publicity stunt for him.

The Super Gremlins post is cryptic as fuck. Does he know what a Gremlin is?
You think it's a publicity stunt to potentially kill any chance at making money playing football and risking his HOF status?

Bullshit. I'm tired of assholes hiding behind mental health. It's dickheads like AB that make people not take mental health issues seriously. Being a cocksucker primadonna isn't in the DSM.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm

Bullshit. I'm tired of assholes hiding behind mental health. It's dickheads like AB that make people not take mental health issues seriously. Being a cocksucker primadonna isn't in the DSM.
You don't believe being that level of a narcissist or having that sort of destructive behavior is mental health related?

He's psycho. I'm not assigning it to football.

BJJ doesn't play football.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

I am not sure that CTE would be a good defense for AB. He was drafted by a great franchise that had winning tradition and got himself sent off due to crazy behavior, not on field production. We all know what transpired in between, but he just told a Super Bowl winning Coach, and the greatest QB of all time, that he didn't want to back into the game. How much more do you need to define crazy. Oh ok, he threw away over a million dollars of easily-achievable incentives. Crazy is as crazy does.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

. Crazy is as crazy does.
Last edited by njdungeoneer on Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

I would like to know what BL said when he was told that AB refused to go back in the game
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

njdungeoneer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:10 pm I am not sure that CTE would be a good defense for AB. He was drafted by a great franchise that had winning tradition and got himself sent off due to crazy behavior, not on field production. We all know what transpired in between, but he just told a Super Bowl winning Coach, and the greatest QB of all time, that he didn't want to back into the game. How much more do you need to define crazy. Oh ok, he threw away over a million dollars of easily-achievable incentives. Crazy is as crazy does.
The hits the Bengals laid into Brown over his time in Pittsburgh should not be discounted. That said, I think it's rather likely that both things are true: AB has CTE and also has some already-established personality disorder.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Lets be honest, he needs to be baker activated.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:58 pm
nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 pm

You don't believe being that level of a narcissist or having that sort of destructive behavior is mental health related?

I think you're both correct here. Mental health issues should be taken seriously and all of those traits point to there being an obvious issue. But @nybf is dead on. You have to be held accountable for your own actions and shouldn't be given a pass for "mental health".
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:20 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:58 pm

I think you're both correct here. Mental health issues should be taken seriously and all of those traits point to there being an obvious issue. But @nybf is dead on. You have to be held accountable for your own actions and shouldn't be given a pass for "mental health".
While you have to be held accountable for your actions there is still a need to help a person and understand why they chose the actions they did. If it is due to CTE than in addition to consequences he will need treatment.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Wonder why AB refused. Was he inured again? He certainly did not look injured as he ran off the field with no shirt.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:25 pm Wonder why AB refused. Was he inured again? He certainly did not look injured as he ran off the field with no shirt.
From what I've read, Bruce asked him to go back in. AB refused and said his ankle is sore. BA said if that's the case then you're done for the day. Then the drama ensued.
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:24 pm
Sigh.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

AB doing this just makes no sense. If this happened in a movie, people would say it's a plot hole or bad writing.

AB literally just decided to randomly end his NFL career today when he was on the cusp of earning $1mil in bonuses while playing for the defending world champs about to start their playoff run.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Tom Brady on AB:

“That’s obviously a difficult situation,” said Brady. “I think we all want him to, you know, just, I think everybody should find, hopefully what they can to help him in ways that he really needs it.

“We all love him. We care about him deeply. We want to see him be his best. Unfortunately it won’t be with our team. But, you know, we have a lot of friendships that will last.

“I think everyone should be compassionate and empathetic toward some very difficult things that are happening.”

0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Last edited by 0-26 Survivor on Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tom is just perfect.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Very well said by Tom Brady. To be honest I wish the journalists would ask the question once and then lay off. If AB is really having some mental issues pushing on it is going to make it more difficult.
Snake

Post by Snake »

AB and BA, two sides of the same ME ME ME coin. LOL
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Looking at this from purely a production standpoint, we only got one season worth of games out of him.

He had a couple of clutch moments in the playoffs but...
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Did not want the signing, but changed my position after his production on the field.

Now I am definately back to square one; maybe minus one.

when has a player ever refused to go back onto the field, with the greatest QB ever, for a Super Bowl winning team.....

Anyone, ever???
Snake

Post by Snake »

There’s no doubt the roster just got a lot worse. He’s still a great player. Just a crazy mofo.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

This may have been the final straw on our chances to repeat but clearly he had to go. I think he clearly surpassed TO in the drama department.

Does anyone regret signing him? He was on good behavior last year and played a key role in the title.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

BA and Brady are both actually correct in their assessment of this. You can't use mental health as an excuse to continuously act like an asshole. So you do exactly what we did and cut him. Actions have consequences. A man who is capable of learning our playbook can be held to standards of behavior. BA did the right thing here whether or not AB "knows better" because life's a bitch like that and it's not fair.

But at the same time, I think Brady actually understands this in a similar way that I do. The first thing he had to say was talking about supporting AB. You only do that when you know that rock bottom for this guy is going to be broke, death or jail. There is no way in hell this man does not have what I'd call "end-stage" CTE nor several severe underlying personality disorders that are being exacerbated by his condition.

It's a different situation but handled similarly to a drug addict. You can only support them and I hope to God I am actually wrong about all this.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Has there been an actual report (not some Bucs-centered podcast) that he's been cut?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:11 pm Has there been an actual report (not some Bucs-centered podcast) that he's been cut?
Outside of BA saying he is, no.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I wonder if there's any chance in hell Licht overrules Arians...
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:14 pm
nybf wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:11 pm Has there been an actual report (not some Bucs-centered podcast) that he's been cut?
Outside of BA saying he is, no.
Indefinite suspension may be the way to go. Just for the 1% chance he does sign with some other team.