Week 17 2021 Bucs @ Jets Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Week 17 2021 Bucs @ Jets Discussion

Post by mdb1958 »

Bucs will need to consider Tevin Coleman who has rushed for over 50 yards each the last four games.
mdb1958

Re: Week 17 2021 Bucs @ Jets Discussion

Post by mdb1958 »

We now have three less used deep distractions.

Miller
Perryman
Grayson

I like that and hope they ignore it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I would like to see Brady build some more chemistry with guys who have not played much. Keep Evans out even if he 'could' play or at the worse use him a few series on a limited pitch count.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Ahhhh... The "McFan" Bowl.

It seems the Jets DO have some life. I still think we take them. Even missing players, our defense should take them down.

That being said, I remember games when the Jets would lay out a fifty-burger, (usually against Miami). But that was a long time ago.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

I fully expect Bowles to confuse the fuck out of Zach Wilson and our secondary to feast on his weaknesses. If we get AWJ back, our secondary will be fully healthy. That’s the first time since week 1.

JPP should sit again. Same with Evans. Same with Lenny even if he can go.

I’m with sitting everyone the rest of the way that is even remotely banged up. But gotta remember the playoffs are PHYSICAL. Sitting guys historically… never really works and Brady knows that.

Tyler Johnson cannot be a 0 on the score sheet again. Gotta make your paycheck if you want to be here through training camp next year.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Anyone going? If the forecast clears up, I might.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Forecast calls for a wet, cold, windy afternoon. I seriously doubt anyone dealing with an injury would play much if at all (Evans, Winfield, Shaq maybe).
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

nybf wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:27 am Anyone going? If the forecast clears up, I might.
I’ll be there with my son. Fingers crossed on the forecast.

This season has worked pretty perfectly for me to make games. This will be my fourth game this season (Eagles, WFT, and Bills) — personal record! Thinking I may try to make it to a playoff game, too. It’s been an expensive season haha
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Per the Useless CPAP Machine Wearing Statue Shaq is out for the rest of the regular season and "hopefully" back for playoffs.

Tomorrow update of Shaq having a torn acl and our for season still pending.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I love how somehow, someway miraculously ALL of our injured players except Godwin got the prognosis to return Wildcard weekend. And even his initial "diagnosis" was a simple MCL sprain.

Bottom line though, Shaq ain't coming back from a sprained ACL in 3 weeks. Not happening. Either it's not truly sprained, which basically means partial tear, or BA is doing his usual BS he does with injuries trying to make them seem not as serious as they are. Somebody should've schooled him on this one though. Ain't enough HGH in the world to make this a possibility.
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:36 pm I love how somehow, someway miraculously ALL of our injured players except Godwin got the prognosis to return Wildcard weekend. And even his initial "diagnosis" was a simple MCL sprain.

Bottoming though, Shaq ain't coming back from a sprained ACL in 3 weeks. Not happening. Either it's not truly sprained, which basically means partial tear, or BA is doing his usual BS he does with injuries trying to make them seem not as serious as they are. Somebody should've schooled him on this one though. Ain't enough HGH in the world to make this a possibility.
Is it Arians or the team doctors that don't know what they are talking about?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:49 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:36 pm I love how somehow, someway miraculously ALL of our injured players except Godwin got the prognosis to return Wildcard weekend. And even his initial "diagnosis" was a simple MCL sprain.

Bottoming though, Shaq ain't coming back from a sprained ACL in 3 weeks. Not happening. Either it's not truly sprained, which basically means partial tear, or BA is doing his usual BS he does with injuries trying to make them seem not as serious as they are. Somebody should've schooled him on this one though. Ain't enough HGH in the world to make this a possibility.
Is it Arians or the team doctors that don't know what they are talking about?
After the Gronk, AB, and Godwin disasters, who knows. You could arguably throw SMB in there as well. I believe Arians initially said he wouldn't be out long and he ended up missing 10 games.

I'm inclined to think BA thinks guys will be back sooner instead of reporting the information team docs give him. If that's not the case their team doc needs to be fired for giving the worst prognosis' ever. Things do change as it pertains to the body. But usually doctors will give the worst case scenario instead of an impossible one as the long term prognosis. Both Gronk & AB went from a week or 2 to 6 weeks for Gronk and 9 for AB. Godwin went from an MCL sprain to a torn ACL.

This kind of stuff shows some level of incompetence.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So the question now becomes, can we make a real SB if Shaq is going for the playoffs?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

What is a "real SB"
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:36 pm Bottom line though, Shaq ain't coming back from a sprained ACL in 3 weeks. Not happening.
MCL recovery times depends on how severe the sprain is and the position played. Joe Flacco missed zero games with an MCL sprain about 7 or 8 years ago. Earlier this season Aaron Jones only missed two weeks with his, so entirely possible Barrett could be back by the playoffs if he has a grade I sprain.

This sports medicine site shows it can be anywhere from a few days to eight weeks depending on the severity of the sprain.

https://www.sports-health.com/sports-in ... -and-tears
t can take anywhere from a few days to 8 weeks for an MCL injury to heal and a person to return to normal activities and sports. Generally, the timeline is determined by the severity of the injury, although this is not true for every person.

Grade I (sprain or overstretched) tears will typically heal within a few days to a week and a half
Grade II (partial or incomplete) tears may take 2 to 4 weeks to heal
Grade III (full) tears can take 4 to 8 weeks to heal
So could be back even with a grade II
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:20 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:36 pm Bottom line though, Shaq ain't coming back from a sprained ACL in 3 weeks. Not happening.
MCL recovery times depends on how severe the sprain is and the position played. Joe Flacco missed zero games with an MCL sprain about 7 or 8 years ago. Earlier this season Aaron Jones only missed two weeks with his, so entirely possible Barrett could be back by the playoffs if he has a grade I sprain.

This sports medicine site shows it can be anywhere from a few days to eight weeks depending on the severity of the sprain.

t can take anywhere from a few days to 8 weeks for an MCL injury to heal and a person to return to normal activities and sports. Generally, the timeline is determined by the severity of the injury, although this is not true for every person.

Grade I (sprain or overstretched) tears will typically heal within a few days to a week and a half
Grade II (partial or incomplete) tears may take 2 to 4 weeks to heal
Grade III (full) tears can take 4 to 8 weeks to heal
That's just the MCL. He also sprained the ACL according to Arians. It's hard enough coming back from 1 sprained ligament. I don't believe he's coming back from 2 sprained knee ligaments in 3 weeks.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:20 pm

That's just the MCL. He also sprained the ACL according to Arians. It's hard enough coming back from 1 sprained ligament. I don't believe he's coming back from 2 sprained knee ligaments in 3 weeks.
Missed your edit while typing up the post and double checking MCL sprains. But with an ACL sprain, it again depends on the severity. A mild one with little tearing can see a similar recovery time as a Grade II MCL sprain of 3-4 weeks.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:35 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Missed your edit while typing up the post and double checking MCL sprains. But with an ACL sprain, it again depends on the severity. A mild one with little tearing can see a similar recovery time as a Grade II MCL sprain of 3-4 weeks.
Exactly what I was saying. In regards to Arians comments I don't believe he comes back in 3 weeks from 2 sprained ligaments.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:42 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:35 pm

Exactly what I was saying. In regards to Arians comments I don't believe he comes back in 3 weeks from 2 sprained ligaments.
Except it's possible he is back in three weeks if the healing time is three weeks. ;)
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:42 pm

Except it's possible he is back in three weeks if the healing time is three weeks. ;)
Not buying it but we'll see.
Nano

Post by Nano »

We activated Breshad Perriman off the covid list.
Nano

Post by Nano »

And placed Mike Evans on the list to take his spot
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:03 pm And placed Mike Evans on the list to take his spot
Along with WR coach Kevin Garver. Sensing a trend here....
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:06 pm
Nano wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:03 pm And placed Mike Evans on the list to take his spot
Along with WR coach Kevin Garver. Sensing a trend here....
Wow,... we are deep into the Covid pandemic and you are just sensing a trend?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Right on time for COVID symptoms to kick in after playing the disgusting and dirty Saints.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:46 pm Right on time for COVID symptoms to kick in after playing the disgusting and dirty Saints.
Tinfoil hat engaged!

Mekhi Benton is out for NYJ
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:46 pm Right on time for COVID symptoms to kick in after playing the disgusting and dirty Saints.
Yea the Covid laid dormant for a week and a day, right?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:56 pm
Mekhi Benton is out for NYJ
That tends to happen when you suffer a season endings knee injury in week 1....
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:03 pm
Takes about a week for someone to test positive for covid after being exposed. Evans positive test is right within the time period needed to test positive for covid after getting it from the disgusting Saints.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:10 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Takes about a week for someone to test positive for covid after being exposed. Evans positive test is right within the time period needed to test positive for covid after getting it from the disgusting Saints.
Oh oh that's how it works? Just for NFL players, right? Has nothing to do with the Bucs player that had it BEFORE the Saints game?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:25 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:10 pm

Oh oh that's how it works? Just for NFL players, right? Has nothing to do with the Bucs player that had it BEFORE the Saints game?
There's no hand grende too large that you wouldn't jump on for your closet home team Saints.

Saints has a ton of COVID cases that are taking out players on a near daily basis. We just played the Saints. About 7 or 8 days later, within the time COVID takes to show positive, we now have players getting popped for COVID. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to crack the case.

And if Evans had it before the Saints game, he would've most certainly tested positive earlier.

He got it from the Saints. Pretty easy to see. Shouldn't you be on the Saints forums since they're your favorite team?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:44 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:25 pm

There's no hand grende too large that you wouldn't jump on for your closet home team Saints.

Saints has a ton of COVID cases that are taking out players on a near daily basis. We just played the Saints. About 7 or 8 days later, within the time COVID takes to show positive, we now have players getting popped for COVID. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to crack the case.

And if Evans had it before the Saints game, he would've most certainly tested positive earlier.

He got it from the Saints. Pretty easy to see. Shouldn't you be on the Saints forums since they're your favorite team?
And there's no shame you have whatsoever in embarrassing yourself. Keep it up.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:49 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:44 pm

And there's no shame you have whatsoever in embarrassing yourself. Keep it up.
I think maybe you've had too many shots of Barbicide today because you're picking a fight with a guy that routinely bodies you on here in between paying claims.

Stay in your lane kiddo, maybe oil your clippers or masturbate to Saints highlights. You don't belong on a Bucs board. Haven't for a very long time.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm guessing Mike would be eligible for return