Do you BELIEVE this team can repeat as of now?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Can this team repeat?

Yes
74%
No
13%
Rap sucks
4%
Fuck if I know dude I just turn on a TV
9%

Total votes: 46

BJJ34

Do you BELIEVE this team can repeat as of now?

Post by BJJ34 »

You tell me. 8 weeks in. Bye week.

Right now what are your thoughts.
Snake

Re: Do you BELIEVE this team can repeat as of now?

Post by Snake »

It’s going to come down to health and the defense turning it around. We need the defense to turn around the same way the offense did coming off the bye week last season.

We have to play bad for like 25/31 teams to beat us. So not beating ourselves would be nice.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Of course we can repeat. The Rams can also win it all. So can the Cardinals, Packers, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills, Titans can also. The Chiefs arent done. Bengals have a shot. Anyone else I'm missing?
BLT

Post by BLT »

Today, absolutely not.

You can't miss tackles and get picked apart in the passing game on your way to the SB.

Our defense does have the ability to step it up in the playoffs like they did last year, so it's not impossible, but we have struggled with or got flat out beat by the only decent teams we've played.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

We are almost unfairly talented when everyone is healthy and clicking in all cylinders. Will that happen? Don't know but if it does no one is better including the Rams.
Dread

Post by Dread »

"Can"?

Absolutely
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Can this team repeat? Yes. It looks better than last season at this point. Will they repeat? Depends on who the team comes together over the next several weeks. The defense has to get itself back on track. The offense, for the most part, is fine.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Dread wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:50 pm "Can"?

Absolutely
/end.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Absolutely
/end.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

We get it, usc, /end.
:D
Push the damned button already!
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Well, what did we think of them at the bye last year? And we've won 14-2 games since.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

I didn't want to have to go through Lambeau again, but fuck yeah we can.
Dread

Post by Dread »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:11 pm I didn't want to have to go through Lambeau again, but fuck yeah we can.
Bucs remaining schedule is the easiest of the current 1 or 2 loss teams in the NFC. We technically have more games left than we've played so there is alot of season left.

I get the Saints have the h2h tiebreaker and the same # of losses, but I still feel confident the Bucs win the division by a few games.

We have the Bills at RayJay as the only team .500 or better outside of the division the rest of the way. Being they are an AFC team so a potential loss don't hurt nearly as bad in the tiebreaker formula.

Imo 14-3 is realistic for the Bucs looking at the schedule assuming we get healthy on defense. That record would have a really good chance of earning the #1 seed.
Last edited by Dread on Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:40 pm We have the Bills at RayJay, and the Colts in Indy as the only two teams .500 or better outside of the division the rest of the way. Being that those are AFC teams potential losses don't hurt nearly as bad in the tiebreaker formula.
The team needs to stop playing down to its opponents. They have one more game with the Saints in week 15 so the head-to-head is not decided yet. I actually think the Falcons will beat the Saints this weekend. Not sure why. Just a gut feeling.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Based purely upon the season to date and the performance on tape of THIS team - fuck no.

Factoring for injuries and remaining schedule, and having more faith than should be reasonable in the coaching staff - 50/50 to make the NFCCG.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

I seriously doubt it. We're at a tiebreaker disadvantage with the Rams and the Packers are firing on all cylinders. Also the Cowboys are looking really good.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Absolutely.. we have a better record than last year and we are playing better than last year
MJW

Post by MJW »

Gonna be completely honest - I didn't really ever think we could win the first one. I thought we'd make the playoffs as a Wild Card when Tom came on (we did), beat an inferior team in that game (we did) and that would be that. I thought the Saints would wax us again, and then I thought the Packers would prove the first game was a fluke, and then, while I was more confident about the Chiefs than I was those two games, I still felt like we couldn't keep up with them.

I didn't really *believe* we'd win the Superbowl until Leonard Fournette's TD run.

My point is, if I don't believe we'll repeat, it's pretty meaningless. Besides, we didn't even really look like a legit threat until Week 14 last year, you know? We're not as good as that team was (From Week 14 - Superbowl) BUT we're a better team than we were Weeks 1-13.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

MJW wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:41 am Gonna be completely honest - I didn't really ever think we could win the first one. I thought we'd make the playoffs as a Wild Card when Tom came on (we did), beat an inferior team in that game (we did) and that would be that. I thought the Saints would wax us again, and then I thought the Packers would prove the first game was a fluke, and then, while I was more confident about the Chiefs than I was those two games, I still felt like we couldn't keep up with them.

I didn't really *believe* we'd win the Superbowl until Leonard Fournette's TD run.

My point is, if I don't believe we'll repeat, it's pretty meaningless. Besides, we didn't even really look like a legit threat until Week 14 last year, you know? We're not as good as that team was (From Week 14 - Superbowl) BUT we're a better team than we were Weeks 1-13.
This is the kind of response I envisioned when I created the thread.

I, myself, had the same “I don’t think we’ll win” mentality against the Saints. Would have called off work that day had I believed in the team as much.

Packers game was “revenge” in my mind for them.

So far, I’m seeing a team that can dominate any defense when clicking on all cylinders. Injuries have hurt the offense dramatically. There’s a big drop off between a healthy Gronk and a not fully healthy OJ Howard. Gronk may not be back at 100% for the rest of his career after that hit.

As much as I love Tyler Johnson(I tell people all the time to pick him up in fantasy because of AB’s injury) but AB is a top 10 Wideout all time. He’s still extremely effective. And the offense looks amazing when he’s clicking. Evans doesn’t even get the targets when he is on the field.

The offense to me is Super Bowl caliber. The defense is iffy. If our starting corners come back on fire and hungry, yes. JPP has clearly looked injured and Bowles continues to use Tyron in difficult positions for him. I get it, JPP isn’t at this stage of his career capable to be in coverage as effectively as before his hand injury.

Linebackers need to step it up too. Lavonte’s ankle sprain will likely linger all season, as he likely pushed too early to come back. He looks hesitant and sometimes like he’s on ice skates with the movements. White has been absolutely atrocious at times. If he gets to playoff form(Saints game), we absolutely can beat ANYONE with ease.

The Rams/Packers are tough, Cardinals losing JJ Watt makes an impact too.

The AFC is up for grabs and at this stage, I believe we can compete with every team in that conference and dominate about 15/16.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

We have the horses on offense to score at will, particularly in the passing game. If we stay healthy there, this offense can absolutely win another Superbowl.

We need our secondary back and healthy. The knock-on effects of playing street free agents in starting roles is tremendous. While it effects the backers somewhat (deeper drops, longer in coverage, therefore can't click and close on their quickest reads, etc), it really is murderous to the pass rush. The ball is out within the first few seconds nearly always, and ask yourself when was the last time you saw a coverage sack. I think it is also skewing Bowles' playcalling, although I have little evidence to back that up beyond what I notice anecdotally watching our games.

If we have a healthy secondary, which we have had for less than a quarter thus far this year, I think we can beat anybody. If we can also play a cleaner game on both sides of the ball and not commit stupid penalties at inopportune times, I think we can boatrace the rest of our schedule into a favorable playoff seed to optimize our chances of winning the Superbowl.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:43 pm The Chiefs arent done.
They were thisclose to it being a wrap Monday night.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Like most champions, it's going to come down to health. If our secondary can get back out there and get healthy, sure...we have a real shot. If we start losing key pieces and the Rams stay healthy, it's going to be tough sledding.

Also, matchups are key. Again, the Rams match up very well with us. That's why they beat us the last two times fairly convincingly. However, Green Bay had the decency to clear them from our path and we match up very well with them.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:04 pm

Absolutely
/end.
You can say that again!!
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Can we give OP some props for remembering "Rap Sucks" as an option?

You're learning kid
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

nybf wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:07 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:43 pm The Chiefs arent done.
No kidding, their defense made Danny Dimes look like Mitchell Trubisky playing the Bucs. That's not good for them.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Lol
Dread

Post by Dread »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:53 pm
nybf wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:07 am

No kidding, their defense made Danny Dimes look like Mitchell Trubisky playing the Bucs. That's not good for them.
Danny Dimes beat the Saints in New Orleans also
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

If we win 9 straight, and the Rams lose two games, and we secure the bye, we have a decent shot.

We will not make it to the SB without the bye though. This team is too old and fragile to play 12 games straight with likely 2 road playoff games.

We burnt our one game buffer on the embarrassing Saints loss so now the #1 seed is going to be extremely difficult to secure.

We have to hope for the Rams to underachieve and we'll have to be perfect for 9 straight games. Possible? Sure. Probable? Ehh...
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:55 am If we win 9 straight, and the Rams lose two games, and we secure the bye, we have a decent shot.

We will not make it to the SB without the bye though. This team is too old and fragile to play 12 games straight with likely 2 road playoff games.

We burnt our one game buffer on the embarrassing Saints loss so now the #1 seed is going to be extremely difficult to secure.

We have to hope for the Rams to underachieve and we'll have to be perfect for 9 straight games. Possible? Sure. Probable? Ehh...
We don't need a playoff bye to win a Superbowl. Hell, we had three straight road games in the playoffs last year and no bye, and guess what we won them anyway.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cheb wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:31 am
ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:55 am If we win 9 straight, and the Rams lose two games, and we secure the bye, we have a decent shot.

We don't need a playoff bye to win a Superbowl. Hell, we had three straight road games in the playoffs last year and no bye, and guess what we won them anyway.
True, but we only had 4 games after the bye last year before the playoffs started. We'll have to play one more regular season game post bye this year than we did post bye in 2020 even when you count the playoffs and the SB.

This team is too old and fragile to play 9 straight regular season games and then 3 straight playoff games.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:40 am
Cheb wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:31 am

True, but we only had 4 games after the bye last year before the playoffs started. We'll have to play one more regular season game post bye this year than we did post bye in 2020 even when you count the playoffs and the SB.

This team is too old and fragile to play 9 straight regular season games and then 3 straight playoff games.
This team will have the division locked up by week 17, and you're saying the #1 seed is long gone, so why not rest out starters against the Panthers in week 18 of this group of "old and fragile" players need a week of rest?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:50 am
ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:40 am

This team will have the division locked up by week 17, and you're saying the #1 seed is long gone, so why not rest out starters against the Panthers in week 18 of this group of "old and fragile" players need a week of rest?
Why would you think we're going to have the division locked up by week 17? Did you just watch that disgraceful loss vs the Saints and their 3rd string QB? They're going to be first in the division during our bye week when they beat the Falcons. We have no reason to believe we'll beat them at home week 15.

So yeah, after watching this team fall apart vs the Saints yet again, I have zero confidence in us winning the division period, let alone being able to sit starters week 18.

Just being objective here, which is a crime around here, I know.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Yes, stating we have 0 confidence in winning and "no reason to believe we'll beat them" is "objective"...You come back just to troll your typical doom and gloom bullshit and soon you'll cry about everyone shitting on you.

In 2 seasons you surpassed Bootz as the most disliked poster, congrats!
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:58 am Yes, stating we have 0 confidence in winning and "no reason to believe we'll beat them" is "objective"...You come back just to troll your typical doom and gloom bullshit and soon you'll cry about everyone shitting on you.

I just share uncomfortable truths. Bootz is a worthless cunt that does nothing but try to pick fights and antagonize.

If you believe we're going to win the Super Bowl without getting the bye, then that's very cute of you and I respect your blind faith.

But I'll stick to reality where it's clear our team is too old and fragile and the NFC is too competitive for us to have any real chance at winning without the bye week.

Sure, we have a punchers chance, but that's it. This is a Wilder vs Fury situation if we don't get the bye.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:02 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:58 am Yes, stating we have 0 confidence in winning and "no reason to believe we'll beat them" is "objective"...You come back just to troll your typical doom and gloom bullshit and soon you'll cry about everyone shitting on you.

I just share uncomfortable truths. Bootz is a worthless cunt that does nothing but try to pick fights and antagonize.

If you believe we're going to win the Super Bowl without getting the bye, then that's very cute of you and I respect your blind faith.

But I'll stick to reality where it's clear our team is too old and fragile and the NFC is too competitive for us to have any real chance at winning without the bye week.

Sure, we have a punchers chance, but that's it. This is a Wilder vs Fury situation if we don't get the bye.
How in the hell did I get brought into yet another discussion? And called yet another name? This is what you guys want from me, so I'll oblige.

You don't tell any truths. You parade your overly dramatic opinion around as some alternative facts to cover your own insecurities. It doesn't evade anyone the fact that LUGZ predicted we'd get beat down by a shitty Dolphins team and when we didn't you ran off like the coward yoi are and started a new screen name. ATrain is actually worse than LUGZ because you're so delusional you actually believe the bullshit you're spouting off.

Furthermore, what happened to this?
ATrain wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:01 am You know what, I give up. Mods may as well IP ban me. No point in me being here anymore.
Like a whiny insignificant little bitch you run and hide because you couldn't take the heat. You bitch and moan yet dragged your bitch ass back here for more.

You know your little act was cute. It brought me a few laughs because of how hard you try. But now you've brought me into this so I'ma stay in it bitch. I'll show you what a cunt can do.