What are you playing?

itsabucslife.com is not responsible for ensuring validity of any transaction.
Primeminister

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:48 pm
Rocker wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 pm

Vanilla or modded?
The Witcher, story+gameplay, has now taken it's spot above FFVII (original), Skyrim, and Fallout 3 as my favorite all-time game.

I love it.

Yen is awesome...how could anyone choose Triss?
I’ve never played Witcher. Can I start on Witcher 3 and enjoy it?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:00 pm
The Witcher, story+gameplay, has now taken it's spot above FFVII (original), Skyrim, and Fallout 3 as my favorite all-time game.

I love it.

Yes. Absolutely.

If you watch the show it's a plus.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

How heavy are the system requirements for Witcher?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Rocker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:45 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:49 pm

Did you play hearts of stone before you beat it?

I read you pretty much have to wait to play Blood and Wine until after you beat it or it will take away options.
I waited until I beat the game to do the DLC.
That's what I did as well.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:00 pm

I love it.

3 is the only one I've ever played. So I'd say, yes.
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

13F11B wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:22 pm How heavy are the system requirements for Witcher?
It’s been around for a while, any decent PC can run it.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Going way.... WAAAAYYYYYY old school. 22 years ago I swore I'd beat Majora's Mask. Never actually have. Gonna actually try and have been for maybe a month? I guess on my last play through (must've been years ago) I got as far as Snowhead. I'm making tracks towards Gerat Bay Temple now and need to resolve the egg situation with the Zoras. Seems I always get this far and just don't have it in me anymore to keep playing. This is at least the 4th time this has happened. Sad as it is, as soon as I get into Great Bay it'll match the farthest I've ever gotten. Something happened that made the whole damn thing restart and I guess by the time I got to Snowhead I said "I can't take it anymore" and didn't pick the game up for at least 3 years.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Giving Lost Ark a shot, and having a lot of fun so far. It's a FTP MMO that's been out for a few years but just dropped stateside yesterday.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Horizon Forbidden West

The short and simple of it...Sony has another AAA blockbuster. Take the original, keep and elevate the strengths, and flip the biggest weakness(close combat with melee) into another strength. It's a GOTY candidate if I've ever seen one.

Elden Rings comes out later this month too. Probably will wait for reviews on that one. Has a ton of hype though.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

No Man's Sky. I picked it up on sale in January because I had heard that the dev company had really turned things around and made it in to a good game. And that was correct. I've put almost 100 hours in to it since then and it's just been a really fun exploration/survival game. There isn't a whole lot of structure to the game at all, but there is a story and quests to go with it. And they're still working on the game, a huge update dropped about 2 weeks ago that added a ton of shit.

I will be checking out Horizon once it drops on PC. I don't have a PS5 and I want to run it on a machine that will do it justice, which a PS4 is not.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Elder Ring

You can tell it's a Soulsborne game because everything fucking kills you. I've died 20 times already and I technically haven't even entered the first legacy dungeon. Game is very open to exploring. And by open to exploring, I mean finding new things that will kill you.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Which controller is better? Ps5 or XBOX X SERIES ?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Phantom wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:58 pm Which controller is better? Ps5 or XBOX X SERIES ?
It's not even close, it's the PS5 controller. It's probably the most "next generation" thing about either system.

Microsoft just added some grips and a share button to their old controller. It's really not much different at all than previous generations.
Nano

Post by Nano »

I will say, the Xbox Elite controller is really good. It's actually my goto controller when playing on PC(better support than PS controllers).

That said, the Duelsense is in a league of its own. The vibration feature is amazing. It's not just a static vibration during an action like in most previous controllers, you can actually feel the movement and action with the DS feedback. When a monster or bad guy walks by, you'll literally feel his presence. With adaptive triggers, you'll actually feel like you're in control of an attack.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

I'm an xbox fan boy and even I'll say that the PS5 controller is by far the better of the two.

I had the elite controller for a while but the rubber pads underneath started to come off.. eventually had to throw it away as it just became too worn.. probably a one off but that was my experience with the elite. This was also the first version of the elite, so it's been some time ago
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

The PS5 controller is way better, but most gamers still use the Xbox controller?

Doesn’t make sense.

I guess Microsoft has the layout.

Btw, since getting my new iPad Pro, I’ve been gaming at work through my Series X when I have a minute(we get time occasionally). I played Halo Infinite for a couple rounds, just people who PC play are at an ultimate advantage. I’m terrible anyway but it looks fucking brilliant. I’d almost rather play on my iPad than my TV.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 am The PS5 controller is way better, but most gamers still use the Xbox controller?

Doesn’t make sense.
The Playstation controller is for Playstation...which is still the most popular console, but just a subset of overall gamers.

When you say, "most gamers", I would assume you mean that as encompassing to include all mediums like PC, Xbox, Nintendo, and PS...2 of those platforms natively use the Xbox controller (made by Windows). While the PS controller works with PC, none of the additional features are there like dual sense or adaptive triggers. There's also not native drivers for PC...as it's a Playstation product.

Did you need that explained to you?

BJJ's next question...Why aren't the joycons more popular on Playstation?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:43 am
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 am The PS5 controller is way better, but most gamers still use the Xbox controller?

Doesn’t make sense.
The Playstation controller is for Playstation...which is still the most popular console, but just a subset of overall gamers.

When you say, "most gamers", I would assume you mean that as encompassing to include all mediums like PC, Xbox, Nintendo, and PS...2 of those platforms natively use the Xbox controller (made by Windows). While the PS controller works with PC, none of the additional features are there like dual sense or adaptive triggers. There's also not native drivers for PC...as it's a Playstation product.

Did you need that explained to you?

BJJ's next question...Why aren't the joycons more popular on Playstation?
You’re more of a smart ass than half the heroin junkies I run into daily, just so you know.

Speaking of cool things, I think I’m gonna design a custom Xbox controller. I’m sick of the black design.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Just DLd Trackmania. Looks fun should be digging in this evening
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:17 pm Just DLd Trackmania. Looks fun should be digging in this evening
fun game.. additive.. attempting to shave .001 off of a personal best time on a 30 second track leads to hours of the day gone. I actually have to tell myself to not turn the game on because it'll suck me in for far too long.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Outer Worlds is on sale, worth or nah?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Rocker wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:42 pm Outer Worlds is on sale, worth or nah?
I don't buy 'em .. heard it's basically FallOut on a budget
Nano

Post by Nano »

Sony's State of Play today which pretty much kicks off Summer of Gaming season(used to be E3)

The biggest announcement was probably Spider-Man Remastered coming to PC. If you haven't played, and don't have a Sony console, then I highly recommend you try the game if your PC can handle it. It was easily my favorite Spider-Man game when I played it.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge is so much fun for up to 6 players.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I’ve become addicted to the Yakuza (I guess Like A Dragon now) games. Currently on 5 and can’t get enough of these games. All the new announcements have me even more excited.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Nvidia revealed the 40xx cards today with the 4080 and 4090. The prices are utterly insane.

4080 12GB(Actually a 4070 chipset with added Vram) - 899.99$
4080 16GB(Real 4080) - 1199.99$
4090 24 GB - 1599.99$

And 450W just to run the damn card so factor that into your energy bill lol

Prices are finally stabilizing on the 30xx series so it's funny they'd price these so high.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

little discussion on this for ya

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Nano wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:54 pm Nvidia revealed the 40xx cards today with the 4080 and 4090. The prices are utterly insane.

4090 24 GB - 1599.99$

Prices are finally stabilizing on the 30xx series so it's funny they'd price these so high.
My 3070 Super MSI Edition will rest very comfortably for two more years, God willing.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:12 pm
Nano wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:54 pm Nvidia revealed the 40xx cards today with the 4080 and 4090. The prices are utterly insane.

4090 24 GB - 1599.99$

My 3070 Super MSI Edition will rest very comfortably for two more years, God willing.
I upgraded back in February from a 1060(originally built in 2018) to a 3070. Probably won't be upgrading the card for another 4+ years at those prices lol.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I upgraded to a 2070 back in 2018 when I rebuilt my system and that card still handles pretty much every game on high settings pretty well. The only game it has any issues with is Cyberpunk. I may go back to AMD for my next upgrade though. They already announced that their cards are going to start getting cheaper and I've had good experiences with their cards in the past. They're also becoming much, much more power efficient than Nvidia. Same on the processor side, I'm already using a Ryzen 7 and I don't see myself going to Intel in anything but laptops since they're prebuilds.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I bought Xbox series x today finally.. I need to catch up on some games.. it’s been too long lol
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 pm I upgraded to a 2070 back in 2018 when I rebuilt my system and that card still handles pretty much every game on high settings pretty well. The only game it has any issues with is Cyberpunk. I may go back to AMD for my next upgrade though. They already announced that their cards are going to start getting cheaper and I've had good experiences with their cards in the past. They're also becoming much, much more power efficient than Nvidia. Same on the processor side, I'm already using a Ryzen 7 and I don't see myself going to Intel in anything but laptops since they're prebuilds.
Kind of related to the quoted post.

Anyone see Acer's preview of their new flagship Intel GPU? looks to compare with a 3060 in terms of power but at a 350 dollar price point.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

patiently waiting for PGA 2k23
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Waiting for God of War: Ragnarok
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

So I picked up Scarlet Nexus because Steam had it on sale and I needed my semi-yearly weeb fix. Surprisingly good. The combat is similar to Tales games (which it's made by Bandai Namco so that makes sense) but it seems like it draws some inspiration from Zestiria in particular (being able to utilize party members' powers to augment your own abilities) but it does so in a much different way.

It also seems like it draws some inspiration from a rather niche Nihon Falcom game called Tokyo Xanadu. There is still a party that fights with the protagonist but you cannot control them (Tokyo Xanadu utilized only one character per zone so it's similar in that you only control the one character) and the game is much more based on combos and aerial combat. There are also obvious similarities to Tales of Arise but that makes sense considering it was their most recent Tales and GOTY.

Another interesting thing about it is that the story is split. There are two protagonists named Yuito and Kasane. You pick one at the beginning and are locked in to their story for the duration of the game meaning you have to play both arcs to get the full story. While initially that came off as annoying, what ended up happening is I'm playing Yuito (spoiler free: who is having some serious fucking shit going on) who has absolutely no real idea what is going on and the characters around him are similarly ignorant so there hasn't been any sort of exposition to give the background. It's been really refreshing to play a character who has no real idea why he's doing the things he's doing, just that he's being told to do them.

I'll update this post once I finish Yuito's arc and get in to Kasane's as I'm sure there is going to be some major juxtaposition in the story arcs.