What are you playing?

itsabucslife.com is not responsible for ensuring validity of any transaction.
BJJ34

What are you playing?

Post by BJJ34 »

So I attempted Back 4 Blood… it’s not a bad game but I don't enjoy First person shooters.

The team play aspect would be fun if you’re playing with multiple people though.

The beasts are hard to kill at times, and a sniper rifle is utterly useless.
uscbucsfan

Re: What are you playing?

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 am So I attempted Back 4 Blood… it’s not a bad game but I don't enjoy First person shooters.

The team play aspect would be fun if you’re playing with multiple people though.

The beasts are hard to kill at times, and a sniper rifle is utterly useless.
Left 4 Dead was one of my favorite games ever.

Turtle Rock Studios made it under Valve, so I had high hopes, but it's just not the same nor nearly as good.

Returnal is an awesome game though, but it's PS5 only.
Teitan

Post by Teitan »

W a r z o n e
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Playing New World. It’s very meh, but no MMO comes out of the gate fully fleshed out. Enjoying the grind for the moment.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@Rocker I am to the age where I never pre-buy a game anymore. After Fallout 76. Good thing as I was all in wanting Cyberpunk 3077. Anyways, I have been reading currency is so rare that bartering is going on. Also, I've never played an MMORPG that didn't have auto targeting. How hard is combat and how bad is the coin drops?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

kaimaru wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:27 pm @Rocker I am to the age where I never pre-buy a game anymore. After Fallout 76. Good thing as I was all in wanting Cyberpunk 3077. Anyways, I have been reading currency is so rare that bartering is going on. Also, I've never played an MMORPG that didn't have auto targeting. How hard is combat and how bad is the coin drops?
Combat is surprisingly fun, even with the limitation of 3 active abilities per weapon. There are a bunch of different ways to combo light/heavy/ability attacks. The game economy fucking blows right now, but that's to be expected when the first big studio MMO in a long long time drops. There's literally an entirely new generation of MMO players since WoW. Crafting is a bitch, but the chase is keeping me invested. For now.

CP2077 still has some issues after multiple updates (shitty AI targeting/aggro, poor driving mechanics, buggy looting), but it's stable enough to make a complete run through. I finished my first go at the game as a Corpo gal just a few weeks back with zero problems.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 pm

CP2077 still has some issues after multiple updates (shitty AI targeting/aggro, poor driving mechanics, buggy looting), but it's stable enough to make a complete run through. I finished my first go at the game as a Corpo gal just a few weeks back with zero problems.
I think the bad AI and the fact that the story doesn't really change based on your decisions make the game bad more than the actual bugs ever did.

It had such ridiculous potential and promises of being a combination of GTA and the Witcher, but is so empty overall.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:25 am

I think the bad AI and the fact that the story doesn't really change based on your decisions make the game bad more than the actual bugs ever did.

It had such ridiculous potential and promises of being a combination of GTA and the Witcher, but is so empty overall.
I think there's really only three "key choices" in the entirety of the game, and coming from a ME fanboy, that was very disappointing. Visual magic can only carry a game so far. I heavily modded the game before I did my full run, I believe it was on the 1.31 patch.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

kaimaru wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:27 pm @Rocker I am to the age where I never pre-buy a game anymore. After Fallout 76. Good thing as I was all in wanting Cyberpunk 3077. Anyways, I have been reading currency is so rare that bartering is going on. Also, I've never played an MMORPG that didn't have auto targeting. How hard is combat and how bad is the coin drops?
Combat is surprisingly fun, even with the limitation of 3 active abilities per weapon. There are a bunch of different ways to combo light/heavy/ability attacks. The game economy fucking blows right now, but that's to be expected when the first big studio MMO in a long long time drops. There's literally an entirely new generation of MMO players since WoW. Crafting is a bitch, but the chase is keeping me invested. For now.

I haven't done a run through on CP2077 since it was new. I did mine as a nomad. I wouldn't mind doing another but I really want to build a new PC to see all of the shiney. Just trying to get a new GPU is like buying plutonium for your DeLorean.

New World is fun but it does seem a bit limited. I've not played Dark Souls but the descriptions I have of the combat is Dark Souls, the MMO.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:08 pm

I haven't done a run through on CP2077 since it was new. I did mine as a nomad. I wouldn't mind doing another but I really want to build a new PC to see all of the shiney. Just trying to get a new GPU is like buying plutonium for your DeLorean.

New World is fun but it does seem a bit limited. I've not played Dark Souls but the descriptions I have of the combat is Dark Souls, the MMO.
what GPU are you running? I have a 3070 Super MSI
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Rocker wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:18 pm
Terry Tate wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:08 pm

what GPU are you running? I have a 3070 Super MSI
I had a 980ti but it died. I am down to a 970 now. I used to upgrade after every two GPU series but the 20 series Nvidias underperformed. The 30's look great but trying to find one is like looking for bigfoot.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Forza coming out next week is something I’m hyped about.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Anyone getting Infinite?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 am Anyone getting Infinite?
Maybe. I haven't decided if I want to renew Gamepass or not.

If I do, I will.

I really only play COD on the Xbox...Gamepass has been kind of a waste for me.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:20 am
BJJ34 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:46 am Anyone getting Infinite?
Maybe. I haven't decided if I want to renew Gamepass or not.

If I do, I will.

I really only play COD on the Xbox...Gamepass has been kind of a waste for me.
Gamepass has been a waste for me only that I rarely game. I spend 36 a month on All Access and use my X as a streaming device.

If there was a way to check hours played since I bought the machine, I’d bet it’s under a day.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:38 am
Gamepass has been a waste for me only that I rarely game. I spend 36 a month on All Access and use my X as a streaming device.

If there was a way to check hours played since I bought the machine, I’d bet it’s under a day.
You can under games.

To this point the PS5 has just had a much better list of exclusives and I love the controller, so I've mostly played that.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

The PS5 controller is the number one thing that I'm jelly about.. I'll be getting the new xbox when I can get one (not paying above retail). I love that the triggers are pressure sensitive.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:37 pm The PS5 controller is the number one thing that I'm jelly about.. I'll be getting the new xbox when I can get one (not paying above retail). I love that the triggers are pressure sensitive.
Same for me on the new Xbox. I'll get one when I can get it at retail. I don't care if it's next year.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:37 pm The PS5 controller is the number one thing that I'm jelly about.. I'll be getting the new xbox when I can get one (not paying above retail). I love that the triggers are pressure sensitive.
That and the games are the only things that separate the two. If you watch DF, some games perform slightly better on one console vs. another, but it's a wash.

I like the menu and settings stuff better on the Xbox, but live streaming is exponentially easier on the PS5(it's a joke on the Xbox).

The PS5 controller is incredible, though. The built in mic, speaker, and yes, the adaptive triggers are the only things that make the system really feel next gen. Yes, the loading times are insane, but I typically do other stuff while a game is loading up, so it was never an issue for me.

I actually kind of like the regular batteries over the built-in rechargeable battery on the Xbox, but the new Series X controller isn't anything different than older ones other than grip and a share button.

For any game that requires an online connection, quick resume is pretty worthless. The PS5's faster load times on PS5 exclusives are a little bit better than the quick resume in practice, but neither are important to me.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Upgraded my computer. Went from an i5-7400(Holy shit this CPU did not age well. Only 4 cores and 4 threads which today would bottleneck anything) and 1060 3GB(Actually holds up somewhat decent, but most new games I have to bump down to medium) to a Ryzen 5800X and GTX 3070(Was actually aiming for a 3060TI or 6700XT but managed to get the 3070 at a non-scalper price).

At the least, I'm hoping my gaming should be less stuttery(A lot of games are starting to stutter more, even if they can run higher). Maybe even play more CPU/GPU-heavy games like Flight Sim in non-slideshow mode lol. With regards to school, I'm also hoping that the better CPU helps ease my coding IDEs. For some reason(which I'm pretty sure is the CPU being stupid), my current computer hates MS Visual Studio and Intellji.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

I started playing Witcher 3...I hated it at first, but it's grown on me.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 pm I started playing Witcher 3...I hated it at first, but it's grown on me.
Vanilla or modded?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:28 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 pm I started playing Witcher 3...I hated it at first, but it's grown on me.
Vanilla or modded?
Vanilla, just Xbox.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 pm
That and the games are the only things that separate the two. If you watch DF, some games perform slightly better on one console vs. another, but it's a wash.

I like the menu and settings stuff better on the Xbox, but live streaming is exponentially easier on the PS5(it's a joke on the Xbox).

The PS5 controller is incredible, though. The built in mic, speaker, and yes, the adaptive triggers are the only things that make the system really feel next gen. Yes, the loading times are insane, but I typically do other stuff while a game is loading up, so it was never an issue for me.

I actually kind of like the regular batteries over the built-in rechargeable battery on the Xbox, but the new Series X controller isn't anything different than older ones other than grip and a share button.

For any game that requires an online connection, quick resume is pretty worthless. The PS5's faster load times on PS5 exclusives are a little bit better than the quick resume in practice, but neither are important to me.
Microsoft is selling the Series X (bundles only) right now thru their store. It'll be at least $600 out the door once you add a game and a controller (required for the bundle). Still showing sold out at all the normal retailers (GameStop, Walmart, etc.). Anyway, I went ahead and ordered one. Who knows when they'll become available again once these are sold out.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:22 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Microsoft is selling the Series X (bundles only) right now thru their store. It'll be at least $600 out the door once you add a game and a controller (required for the bundle). Still showing sold out at all the normal retailers (GameStop, Walmart, etc.). Anyway, I went ahead and ordered one. Who knows when they'll become available again once these are sold out.
I've pretty much only been playing Xbox since I got Witcher 3 on it. My son plays the PS5.

The quality of life; load time is really nice on these long open world games. There are basically no load times, which is great.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:17 pm
Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:22 pm

I've pretty much only been playing Xbox since I got Witcher 3 on it. My son plays the PS5.

The quality of life; load time is really nice on these long open world games. There are basically no load times, which is great.
That's what my daughter was telling me. She just got hers this week. She's the one that told me MS had the bundle available at their store. I may have to get Witcher 3 and play it again. I traded it years ago after I finished it.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:20 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:17 pm

That's what my daughter was telling me. She just got hers this week. She's the one that told me MS had the bundle available at their store. I may have to get Witcher 3 and play it again. I traded it years ago after I finished it.
Gamepass is really nice now that you don't have to download games. There's essentially 1,000 games you can play instantly. I've played some Madden, Back4Blood, Gears, and the new Halo (not a big Halo fan) since being sick.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:21 pm
Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Gamepass is really nice now that you don't have to download games. There's essentially 1,000 games you can play instantly. I've played some Madden, Back4Blood, Gears, and the new Halo (not a big Halo fan) since being sick.
I’m not sure I play enough to make gamepass worthwhile. Could I share my login with others in my household so they could use it?
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Vanilla or modded?
The Witcher, story+gameplay, has now taken it's spot above FFVII (original), Skyrim, and Fallout 3 as my favorite all-time game.

I love it.

Yen is awesome...how could anyone choose Triss?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Vanilla or modded?
The Witcher, story+gameplay, has now taken it's spot above FFVII (original), Skyrim, and Fallout 3 as my favorite all-time game.

I love it.

I have not tried that game yet. I am playing GW2 and Crusader Kings 3 right now.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Vanilla or modded?

I love it.

Fantastic all around. You DID play the DLC, right?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:15 pm

I love it.

Fantastic all around. You DID play the DLC, right?
Not yet. At the battle of Kaer Morhen.

I have both, though.

I've tried to grind a bit and complete a bunch of side missions. I probably could have gotten to this point at level 18 or so, but I just hit level 28.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

You’ll LOVE them. Guaranteed.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 pm You’ll LOVE them. Guaranteed.
Did you play hearts of stone before you beat it?

I read you pretty much have to wait to play Blood and Wine until after you beat it or it will take away options.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:49 pm
Rocker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 pm You’ll LOVE them. Guaranteed.
Did you play hearts of stone before you beat it?

I read you pretty much have to wait to play Blood and Wine until after you beat it or it will take away options.
I waited until I beat the game to do the DLC.