New York Jets Official Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Central_Buc

Re: New York Jets Official Thread

Post by Central_Buc »

McFan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:16 am
Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:52 am Is Zach Wilson dead?
If he keeps playing behind this garbage offensive line he will be in short order...

They did make 1 good decision is ridding Darnold. If they hit the next 2 drafts you never know.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:59 am

If he keeps playing behind this garbage offensive line he will be in short order...

They did make 1 good decision is ridding Darnold. If they hit the next 2 drafts you never know.
I've got a better chance of hitting the next 2 Mega Millions.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

If the Jets would just change their name to the New Jersey Jets all would be right in the world. :-)
McFan

Post by McFan »

Moozician wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:56 am Well, so much for the "This team is holding Sam Darnold back" talk that went on there. It turns out that he sucks anyway.
I suppose that helps but I'd defend him by saying they probably ruined him...
McFan

Post by McFan »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:18 am If the Jets would just change their name to the New Jersey Jets all would be right in the world. :-)
New Jersey Garbage Dumpsters is just a tad better...
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am Worst organization in the league for sure. I stream whatever defense goes up against them and pick whatever team they are playing in a survivor league.

Has worked out very well for me so far.
Pretty much my strategy also
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am Worst organization in the league for sure. I stream whatever defense goes up against them and pick whatever team they are playing in a survivor league.

How did that Titans game work out for you?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:52 am Is Zach Wilson dead?
He's actually a mobile quarterback and they are still getting him killed. When he went down I thought. RGIII again. Watch them ruahhim back and ruin him forever, like Washington Football Sleeze.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:47 pm

He's actually a mobile quarterback and they are still getting him killed. When he went down I thought RGIII again. Watch them rush him back and ruin him forever, like Washington Football Sleeze.
BLT

Post by BLT »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Fortunately took Bengals over Jags that week which was actually too close for comfort.

McFan

Post by McFan »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Fortunately took Bengals over Jags that week which was actually too close for comfort.

lol. its not like they never win. just not nearly enough.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:30 am
Roach On My Pizza wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 am Garbage franchise that needs a new market. While sharing that gargantuan market with another NFL franchise with multiple NHL, NBA and MLB franchises, it's just too saturated. Best would be to move and dominate a smaller market. Start the fvck over
The Jets aren't in the position their in because of their market. It's because they suck at evaluating talent at all levels. Whether it's their front office, coaching staff, scouting, personnel, etc. New York is the largest market in the world. It's saturated because there's roughly 9 million people in the area. NYC is well equipped to support all franchises.

The Jets have consistently been a top 5 team in game day attendance average over the last decade or so. Maybe even longer. Currently this year their 6th. Imagine that. A team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years is top 5 in terms of game day attendance every year.
There's also another 7M in North Jersey that is considered the NY market. That market is sitting with around 16M people.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:47 pm

He's actually a mobile quarterback and they are still getting him killed. When he went down I thought. RGIII again. Watch them ruahhim back and ruin him forever, like Washington Football Sleeze.
They've used two 1st the last two years on linemen (good ones.) They also signed Morgan Moses, who can still play. It's not like they're not TRYING to build a line.

They should take their time with the injury, of course. At the same time, if you're waiting until your young quarterback has the '96 Cowboys line protecting him before you play him, you'll be waiting awhile.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
McFan

Post by McFan »

MJW wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:59 am They've used two 1st the last two years on linemen (good ones.) They also signed Morgan Moses, who can still play. It's not like they're not TRYING to build a line.

They should take their time with the injury, of course. At the same time, if you're waiting until your young quarterback has the '96 Cowboys line protecting him before you play him, you'll be waiting awhile.
This is a fair take. BUT, you are asking a fan base that has known nothing but losing for so long to be patient. New coach, new coordinators, new QB, new line, etc. Patience is required but its what we've been asked to show for too many years. This is the last rebuild for me. I can only invest in a team for so long. 53 years is enough.

Anyway, it's NY Knicks all day all night from here on out. NFL season is pretty much over for us. GO BUCS!
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

McFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:12 am

This is a fair take. BUT, you are asking a fan base that has known nothing but losing for so long to be patient. New coach, new coordinators, new QB, new line, etc. Patience is required but its what we've been asked to show for too many years.
Catch up, emotionally, that is. We'll wait.
Push the damned button already!
nybf

Post by nybf »

McFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:12 am Anyway, it's NY Knicks all day all night from here on out.
But then what will you do after Feb?
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

nybf wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:44 am
McFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:12 am Anyway, it's NY Knicks all day all night from here on out.
But then what will you do after Feb?
Take up drinking, like the rest of us?
Push the damned button already!
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Congrats on the Bengal game @McFan . Took a lot of folks out of Survivor !
McFan

Post by McFan »

Crocaneers wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm Congrats on the Bengal game @McFan . Took a lot of folks out of Survivor !
They played really well... but let's see Thursday what we got. It was Halloween after all. No doubt, they dressed up as a legitimate NFL franchise for the day. It's a new day.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Mike White for MVP.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Congratulations!

Now on top of being a total dumpster fire your #1 pick is in a QB controversy as a rookie, so his career is pretty much over.
McFan

Post by McFan »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:10 am Mike White for MVP.
Keep up that mindset and you'll be considered as delusional as some other NYJet crackpots I know fairly well.
BLT wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 am Congratulations!

Now on top of being a total dumpster fire your #1 pick is in a QB controversy as a rookie, so his career is pretty much over.
meh. Its a better dumpster fire than if they both were rotten. We'll take a franchise QB from wherever one falls. Don't get me wrong, Mike White has played 6 tremendous quarters. BUT, no one has schemed for him yet. I'm not handing him the keys to the NFL's Titantic just yet..
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Congrats @McFan

Jets are back to earth
MJW

Post by MJW »

It's a good draft to have a high pick and not need a QB.
Let's roll another joint
BLT

Post by BLT »

MJW wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:57 pm It's a good draft to have a high pick and not need a QB.
It’s a good draft to need a QB but you can’t take one so you can wait until your picking in the top 5 again the following year and still need a QB.
MJW

Post by MJW »

BLT wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:03 pm
MJW wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:57 pm It's a good draft to have a high pick and not need a QB.
It’s a good draft to need a QB but you can’t take one so you can wait until your picking in the top 5 again the following year and still need a QB.
Potato-Potato!

It's a good draft to not really be able to take a QB, whether you might want to or not.

FWIW, not remotely giving up on Wilson on any level, yet. Way, way too early for that. But I'm sure they'd feel better about the rebuild if he'd shown them basically anything to this point.

I do still like what they're doing. Building the line. Robert Saleh putting his mark on the defense. They've just been so badly mismanaged for so long it was never going to be a "Worst To First!" type story. You look at the teams making that jump this year, like the Bengals and the Cardinals, they've been acquiring talent for several years. The Jets have just been racking up mistakes.
Let's roll another joint
nybf

Post by nybf »

The Mush strikes again!
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

nybf wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:26 am
The Mush strikes again!
Should I have put it in Blue?
McFan

Post by McFan »

MJW wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:34 pm Robert Saleh putting his mark on the defense.
oh boy... talk about the dire need for an eraser...
McFan

Post by McFan »

Just realized Week 17 game is Jets v. Buccaneers. This thread might just become relevant by then.

Probably not. But hey, ya know...
McFan

Post by McFan »

Another week in the books and another miserable failure. It's beyond me that the NFL could allow such an inept franchise in their biggest TV market. Maybe its designed to make every other city feel better about themselves. That would at least make sense. Joe Flacco should be selling insurance (to himself if he starts again) not playing QB with this offensive line.

STINK!
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

McFan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:54 am Another week in the books and another miserable failure. It's beyond me that the NFL could allow such an inept franchise in their biggest TV market. Maybe its designed to make every other city feel better about themselves. That would at least make sense. Joe Flacco should be selling insurance (to himself if he starts again) not playing QB with this offensive line.

STINK!
I really don't want to sound like I am piling on here but the sad part is that Flacco was not the weak link for your Jets yesterday
McFan

Post by McFan »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:31 am I really don't want to sound like I am piling on here but the sad part is that Flacco was not the weak link for your Jets yesterday
You're not piling on at all. The NYJ are bereft of talent on the defensive side of the ball as well.

And yes, I just wanted to use the word "bereft" ,,,
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Jets and the Lions are so thoroughly unwatchable. At least FCS teams have passion.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

That's funny, I use to post on the GangGreen message board a whole ton back in the day.

It's still early for the Jets. They've taken on a ton of injuries and personally, I was not a fan of starting Wilson off the bat. As much as it's killing in my FF, I love Kyle not starting Lance. Carter out now with an ankle doesn't help anyone.

One way or another, I can't really agree with starting Flacco vs the fins.