New York Jets Official Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
McFan

New York Jets Official Thread

Post by McFan »

I'm fairly certain I'm the only JETS fan in here and that's fine. Always had a soft spot for the Buccaneers but when they abandoned the cremsicle uniforms, they lost me. That said, I was born a NYJets fan and I'll die one as well. I was nine years old when they won their only Super Bowl and my dad bought be a Matt Snell #41 jersey I lost in the 1972 Hurricane Agnes Flood. Anyway, I digress..

I will post my weekly thoughts about this bullshit franchise and would appreciate every smart aleck to post their witticisms or snarky takes as I certainly will enjoy reading them.

So, after week 4.... away we go..................
McFan

Re: New York Jets Official Thread

Post by McFan »

Titans were obviously down a few key players on offense and the Jets defense is all banged up as well. JETS did everything they could to hand this game back to Tennessee but couldn't. I figured the JETS to win 4 games this year and this was one of them. The others are Jacksonville, home against Miami, Houston, and Atlanta. So far so good. Zach Wilson will be fine unless the garbage offensive line gets him killed.

Are the JETS one player away? Of course not. They're about 12 players away. But with all their draft picks and a better than average GM, they are on the right track.
MJW

Post by MJW »

The Jets are simple calculus.

If they hit on Saleh (I think they did) and they hit on Wilson (TBD), they'll be in great shape going forward as they fill out their roster.

If they missed on one or both, it's another 3-4 years of winter before yet another rebuild.

But I like that coach. And I like what they've done in the draft recently (not you, Denzel Mims.)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Roach On My Pizza

Post by Roach On My Pizza »

Garbage franchise that needs a new market. While sharing that gargantuan market with another NFL franchise with multiple NHL, NBA and MLB franchises, it's just too saturated. Best would be to move and dominate a smaller market. Start the fvck over
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Roach On My Pizza wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 am Garbage franchise that needs a new market. While sharing that gargantuan market with another NFL franchise with multiple NHL, NBA and MLB franchises, it's just too saturated. Best would be to move and dominate a smaller market. Start the fvck over
The Jets aren't in the position their in because of their market. It's because they suck at evaluating talent at all levels. Whether it's their front office, coaching staff, scouting, personnel, etc. New York is the largest market in the world. It's saturated because there's roughly 9 million people in the area. NYC is well equipped to support all franchises.

The Jets have consistently been a top 5 team in game day attendance average over the last decade or so. Maybe even longer. Currently this year their 6th. Imagine that. A team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years is top 5 in terms of game day attendance every year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Jets have terrible ownership. It’s a lot to overcome. In any rate, poor owners have stumbled into good coaching hires before. We shall see.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:54 am I figured the JETS to win 4 games this year and this was one of them. The others are Jacksonville, home against Miami, Houston, and Atlanta.

McFan

Post by McFan »

Snake wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:40 am Jets have terrible ownership. It’s a lot to overcome. In any rate, poor owners have stumbled into good coaching hires before. We shall see.
Kind of scary when that same ownership also run one of the three companies who developed a COVID vaccine.
McFan

Post by McFan »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:30 am
Roach On My Pizza wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:22 am Garbage franchise that needs a new market. While sharing that gargantuan market with another NFL franchise with multiple NHL, NBA and MLB franchises, it's just too saturated. Best would be to move and dominate a smaller market. Start the fvck over
The Jets aren't in the position their in because of their market. It's because they suck at evaluating talent at all levels. Whether it's their front office, coaching staff, scouting, personnel, etc. New York is the largest market in the world. It's saturated because there's roughly 9 million people in the area. NYC is well equipped to support all franchises.

The Jets have consistently been a top 5 team in game day attendance average over the last decade or so. Maybe even longer. Currently this year their 6th. Imagine that. A team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 10 years is top 5 in terms of game day attendance every year.
Well stated. Thanks. Better than I could have written.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Deja Entendu wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 am
McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:54 am I figured the JETS to win 4 games this year and this was one of them. The others are Jacksonville, home against Miami, Houston, and Atlanta.

lol. I'm a lot like FF. Quick tempered, overweight, and pre-historic...
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I took Tennessee in a big money survivor pool, because I thought Jacksonville was a trap game for Cincy. Damn.
Snake

Post by Snake »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 am
Snake wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:40 am Jets have terrible ownership. It’s a lot to overcome. In any rate, poor owners have stumbled into good coaching hires before. We shall see.
Kind of scary when that same ownership also run one of the three companies who developed a COVID vaccine.
Woody Johnson is like 3 generations descended from the industrious people who built Johnson&Johnson. The one thing he did on his own - buying the Jets - he did it with money he didn’t earn himself and unsurprisingly it’s a total dumpster fire.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:50 am
McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:45 am

Woody Johnson is like 3 generations descended from the industrious people who built Johnson&Johnson. The one thing he did on his own - buying the Jets - he did it with money he didn’t earn himself and unsurprisingly it’s a total dumpster fire.
Exactly. It's not as if he had a hand in developing anything. That's like giving Martha Firestone-Ford credit for the manufacturing tires.
BLT

Post by BLT »

From the horrible color scheme, to the dumb team name, to being the 3rd best franchise in 1 state... I don't see how the Jets have any fans.
nybf

Post by nybf »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:50 am my dad bought be a Matt Snell #41 jersey I lost in the 1972 Hurricane Agnes Flood.
I'll buy you one next time they win a SB
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:50 am I'm fairly certain I'm the only JETS fan in here and that's fine. Always had a soft spot for the Buccaneers but when they abandoned the cremsicle uniforms, they lost me. That said, I was born a NYJets fan and I'll die one as well. I was nine years old when they won their only Super Bowl and my dad bought be a Matt Snell #41 jersey I lost in the 1972 Hurricane Agnes Flood. Anyway, I digress..

I will post my weekly thoughts about this bullshit franchise and would appreciate every smart aleck to post their witticisms or snarky takes as I certainly will enjoy reading them.

Sure start a thread about the JETE after their first win. Where were you four weeks ago? Fvck the JETE, they suck ass.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

BLT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:04 am From the horrible color scheme, to the dumb team name, to being the 3rd best franchise in 1 state... I don't see how the Jets have any fans.
Umm, they're all morons?
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:25 am
McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:50 am my dad bought be a Matt Snell #41 jersey I lost in the 1972 Hurricane Agnes Flood.
I'll buy you one next time they win a SB
You're on.
McFan

Post by McFan »

AJPG wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:57 am
McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:50 am I'm fairly certain I'm the only JETS fan in here and that's fine. Always had a soft spot for the Buccaneers but when they abandoned the cremsicle uniforms, they lost me. That said, I was born a NYJets fan and I'll die one as well. I was nine years old when they won their only Super Bowl and my dad bought be a Matt Snell #41 jersey I lost in the 1972 Hurricane Agnes Flood. Anyway, I digress..

Sure start a thread about the JETE after their first win. Where were you four weeks ago? Fvck the JETE, they suck ass.
You're kind of bitter for someone who has no stake in the game... or do you?
McFan

Post by McFan »

AJPG wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:58 am
BLT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:04 am From the horrible color scheme, to the dumb team name, to being the 3rd best franchise in 1 state... I don't see how the Jets have any fans.
Umm, they're all morons?
Green and white is a horrible color scheme? And "JETS" is not a dumb team name considering the amount of air traffic that used to cross over Shea Stadium, their original home stadium... Lastly, as far as third best franchise in 1 state, that may be true, BUT, we do have a Super Bowl, the Bills do not.

Regarding the moron remark, I'm guessing that would be like me calling people "old". Usually insults are a conditioned response to fully developed males suffering from penile length issues... my sympathies.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Umm, they're all morons?
Green and white is a horrible color scheme? And "JETS" is not a dumb team name considering the amount of air traffic that used to cross over Shea Stadium, their original home stadium... Lastly, as far as third best franchise in 1 state, that may be true, BUT, we do have a Super Bowl, the Bills do not.

Regarding the moron remark, I'm guessing that would be like me calling people "old". Usually insults are a conditioned response to fully developed males suffering from penile length issues... my sympathies.
Take it easy gramps. It's a football forum, just messing around.
BLT

Post by BLT »

McFan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Umm, they're all morons?

Green and white Jets are dumb yes ugliest uniforms in the league
McFan

Post by McFan »

BLT wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm Green and white Jets are dumb yes ugliest uniforms in the league
Everytime you post something, I get hungry... Damn diet..
McFan

Post by McFan »

My team stinks on an international level now... Yay us!
McFan

Post by McFan »

Next game after a New England loss... yeah, this should go well...
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Is this still happening?
Push the damned button already!
McFan

Post by McFan »

This team is a disgrace. NFL should step in and disassemble the entire franchise. Its been a joke for too long. Every f'n decision they make is wrong. The law of averages tells you they should get something right. Nope, not this moribund collection of mindless jerks that make up this alleged professional NFL team.

stink Stink STINK!

Just sickening how every single season is over before the halfway mark. They hire a defensive minded coach and give up almost 600 yards of offense and 50+ points AFTER a freakin bye week...

Give me a break. New York JOKES! (and no one is laughing except their opponents of course).
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Easy does it there, big boy, easy.....
Push the damned button already!
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Is Zach Wilson dead?
McFan

Post by McFan »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:52 am Is Zach Wilson dead?
If he keeps playing behind this garbage offensive line he will be in short order...
nybf

Post by nybf »

This is the price you pay for Broadway Joe selling his soul to the devil for SBIII
BLT

Post by BLT »

Worst organization in the league for sure. I stream whatever defense goes up against them and pick whatever team they are playing in a survivor league.

Has worked out very well for me so far.
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am This is the price you pay for Broadway Joe selling his soul to the devil for SBIII
As good an explanation as any I suppose.
McFan

Post by McFan »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am Worst organization in the league for sure. I stream whatever defense goes up against them and pick whatever team they are playing in a survivor league.

Has worked out very well for me so far.
Glad to help ya out there bro..
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Well, so much for the "This team is holding Sam Darnold back" talk that went on there. It turns out that he sucks anyway.