Welcome Chris Braswell

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Welcome Chris Braswell

Post by Grahamburn »

Plenty of people in other places are discussing it. I'm not making it up. I've provided several links to different sites crediting him with 13 as well as the highlight and analysis video I posted earlier said 13. Don't know about other player's statistical discrepancies. Doesn't really matter. Just find it interesting that it would be that different.

@Ken 's explanation for it makes sense.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 pm Plenty of people in other places are discussing it. I'm not making it up. I've provided several links to different sites crediting him with 13 as well as the highlight and analysis video I posted earlier said 13. Don't know about other player's statistical discrepancies. Doesn't really matter. Just find it interesting that it would be that different.

@Ken 's explanation for it makes sense.
Interesting that a quick Google search for Chris Braswell stat discrepancy yields 0 results. But hey, let 2 posters on this board tell it, out of thousands of draft prospects year after year Chris Braswell is the 1st to ever have controversy surrounding his statistical data.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Ken wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:22 pm
I'm going to bet a discrepancy between what some count as designed QB runs vs scrambles.

Also, interesting how different these stats seem than the film breakdown in the few games. An 18.6% pass rush win rate would be like top 5 in the NFL.
That "discrepancy" seemingly has impacted 1 player in the decades of the NFL draft process and he happens to play for this team.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 pm
Its interesting that you're even entertaining this for this player specifically. Gonna go out on a limb and suggest you've never before brought this into question with ANY OTHER PLAYER that their statistical data is somehow wrong. You're calling Alabama, the NCAA, most other reputable publications liars and it exclusively revolves around Chris Braswell.
You do realize that being wrong and being a liar are two different things, right??

Of all the things you can be upset about, this is what is getting you're panties in a wad??

FWIW, I don't care one way or the other if it was 8 or 13. Kinda late to worry about that now
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 pm

Its interesting that you're even entertaining this for this player specifically. Gonna go out on a limb and suggest you've never before brought this into question with ANY OTHER PLAYER that their statistical data is somehow wrong. You're calling Alabama, the NCAA, most other reputable publications liars and it exclusively revolves around Chris Braswell.
You do realize that being wrong and being a liar are two different things, right??

Of all the things you can be upset about, this is what is getting you're panties in a wad??

FWIW, I don't care one way or the other if it was 8 or 13. Kinda late to worry about that now
Being wrong is 1 thing, you're right. But when you're proven wrong and you double down when you know you're wrong, spreading misinformation makes you a liar.

Dude brought it up for a reason. He was desperate to combat the judgment people had of the Braswell pick.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Stoked to get a guy from the SEC with 13 sacks so late in the 2nd.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Funny thing is I didn’t post it as gospel or truth. Just noted that PFF, NFL Draft Buzz, and the analyst in the video posted said 13.

Dude stalks every post I make.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:58 pm I’ve also seen a couple places credit him with 13 sacks ( that review and draft buzz). Officially only had 8. Dude was around the QB a lot.

May be changing my tune in him.
Here’s the post. And he lost his mind to attack me. Sad.

Even said he officially had 8.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:35 pm Funny thing is I didn’t post it as gospel or truth. Just noted that PFF, NFL Draft Buzz, and the analyst in the video posted said 13.

Dude stalks every post I make.
Stalk? On a public forum? :lol: no wonder you're so comfortable posting lies. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the dick.

Snake

Post by Snake »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 pm Stoked to get a guy from the SEC with 13 sacks so late in the 2nd.
This is certainly a way to frame it
Barnzy

Post by Barnzy »

Doing some digging and more deep dive and I feel a little bit better about the pick. Still concerned about the bend and hip flexibility and I don't think he will win in a way I feel this team lacks at edge - quick to the tackles hip, bendy, swooper type. I did find this however. Pass rush win rate for DL prospects in the last 10 years. Braswell is around some good names. Also interesting to note he's much higher than Dallas Turner. Perhaps the Falcons also got a stud in Trice in the 3rd round.

It's not the be all and end all as Will Anderson and some other names are lower on this graph. But generally being rated positively in this metric is a good thing.

Ken

Post by Ken »

I don't even care what his stats are. They're for losers.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I appreciate stats like that. I wish there was more grain to it though. If a guy wins 90% of his reps against FCS competition, but he can’t beat high-level SEC competition, doesn’t that mean something different?