Justin Fields: Shittsburgh Steeler

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Where will Justin Fields land?

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:51 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:20 am It would just be so Bears to trade the #1 pick two years in a row and keep Fields. :lol:

Idiotic.
That would have validity if they had earned the #1 pick 2 years straight. They didn't.

Poles & Eberflus have a huge decision to make. As we've seen having a rookie QB is no guarantee to keep you around if things don't go well.

What you'd be banking on is a rookie getting you more than the 7 wins you got this season with Fields. Is that guy in this draft? We don't know.
Oh please. You’re banking on a Hell of a lot more than just a comparison of the first year win/loss total. That should be borderline irrelevant.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:21 pm
Buc2 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:56 pm

Teams do it because it justifies their personnel's existence and it beats sitting around the team facility staring at each other.
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the process. Just that a pro day workout in shorts doesn’t move the needle as much as fans and media want to make it out to.
I know what you were saying, and I agree. I was just adding another reason. Front office personnel have to do something during the offseason to justify their salaries. Make-work is a good way to do that. :D
Don't tread on me
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:20 pm

That would have validity if they had earned the #1 pick 2 years straight. They didn't.

Poles & Eberflus have a huge decision to make. As we've seen having a rookie QB is no guarantee to keep you around if things don't go well.

What you'd be banking on is a rookie getting you more than the 7 wins you got this season with Fields. Is that guy in this draft? We don't know.
Yeah. He almost led them out of the top 10 this year.
You know what's funny, with 6 minutes to go, we were beating the Bears by 3 points. I'm going to use your Tampa / Houston argument against you. Had the Bears defense been able to get the ball back, the Bears had a chance to beat us. Had that happened, both the Bears and Bucs would've finished the season at 8-9.

Like I said above, those in glass houses...
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

CannonFire wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm

You know what's funny, with 6 minutes to go, we were beating the Bears by 3 points. I'm going to use your Tampa / Houston argument against you. Had the Bears defense been able to get the ball back, the Bears had a chance to beat us. Had that happened, both the Bears and Bucs would've finished the season at 8-9.

Not exactly the same when one QB dumped the ball into the belly of a defender for a pick 6 to lose the game and the other threw a TD with :50 seconds left to take the lead, but OH KAY …
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

You gonna apply that logic to every QB who finished with a worst record?
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:50 pm

I can only assume you’re referring to Herbert, and yeah, if I were them I’d be dreading that contract.

They’re leaning in hoping the coaching change changes the culture there.

That being said Herbert’s numbers in his first 3 years make Fields’ look pretty pedestrian.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:34 pm

I can only assume you’re referring to Herbert, and yeah, if I were them I’d be dreading that contract.

That being said Herbert’s numbers in his first 3 years make Fields’ look pretty pedestrian.
Didn't know Herbert played for 7 other teams, no less one with a worse record than the Bears.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:34 pm

Didn't know Herbert played for 7 other teams, no less one with a worse record than the Bears.
I don’t know who/what you’re referring to then or what point you’re trying to make.
Snake

Post by Snake »

He believes Justin Herbert is a worse quarterback than Justin Fields
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:21 am He believes Justin Herbert is a worse quarterback than Justin Fields
Along with 7 others I guess? I’d take Fields over the rest of those guys, but not Herbert.

I guess if a top 10 pick is your goal every year Fields is your guy. Not sure what else we’re arguing here.

They should draft a QB and trade Fields. Pretty cut and dry.

Historically, has there ever been a QB that has showed as little as Fields has as a passer and gone on to be a consistently productive winning QB?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:17 am
Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:24 pm

I don’t know who/what you’re referring to then or what point you’re trying to make.
I'm referring to this.

Not sure what's unclear. You chose to pick out 1 guy who doesn't even apply. 9 teams finished with worst records than the Bears. Do you apply the same logic to those 9 QBs that you apply to Fields?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 am
Grahamburn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:17 am

I'm referring to this.

Not sure what's unclear. You chose to pick out 1 guy who doesn't even apply. 9 teams finished with worst records than the Bears. Do you apply the same logic to those 9 QBs that you apply to Fields?
And the year before that he led them to the #1 pick. Which, they traded, and then doubled down on Fields. Got him a weapon in D.J. Moore. Drafted an offensive linemen #10. Then he still played like ass this year.

This is a thread ABOUT Fields. I'm not cherry picking him for any kind of specific reason if that's your agenda. Which, as usual, it is and I'm just now kind of figuring it out why you're baiting this way.

Start one about Sam Howell and where he'll land after he's traded or released. I'll post about how bad he is too.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Thought Experiment: You can have Justin Fields or Baker Mayfield as your QB for the same amount of money, which are you going with?

I'm going Baker, personally.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm Thought Experiment: You can have Justin Fields or Baker Mayfield as your QB for the same amount of money, which are you going with?

Baker with zero hesitation. I'd take Baker's next two years over Fields' next two years money wise as well.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:43 pm
CannonFire wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:41 pm

Not exactly the same when one QB dumped the ball into the belly of a defender for a pick 6 to lose the game and the other threw a TD with :50 seconds left to take the lead, but OH KAY …
:D excuses excuses.

My HyPoThEtIcAl Is MoRe VaLiD tHaN yOuRs!!!!
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:46 am

I'm referring to this.

And the year before that he led them to the #1 pick. Which, they traded, and then doubled down on Fields. Got him a weapon in D.J. Moore. Drafted an offensive linemen #10. Then he still played like ass this year.

This is a thread ABOUT Fields. I'm not cherry picking him for any kind of specific reason if that's your agenda. Which, as usual, it is and I'm just now kind of figuring it out why you're baiting this way.

Start one about Sam Howell and where he'll land after he's traded or released. I'll post about how bad he is too.
The Bears went 4-2 over their last six games of the season, and finished with the second-best point differential of NFC teams that didn't make the playoffs.

They're trending in the right direction. Keep building up the team around Fields and I think they're a playoff squad next year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

("justin fields can't read NFL defenses")
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Cheb wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:15 pm

The Bears went 4-2 over their last six games of the season, and finished with the second-best point differential of NFC teams that didn't make the playoffs.

They're trending in the right direction. Keep building up the team around Fields and I think they're a playoff squad next year.
Reminds me of 2016 when Jameis went 6-2 down the stretch.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:15 pm

Baker went 6-2 to end the season, and finished as the best point differential of NFC teams that made the playoffs during that span. I don't think this is as good of a defense of Fields as you think:

TB 53
SF 46
DET 39
GB 39
LAR 22
DAL 16
PHI -82

Goddamn Philly sucked at the end of the season...
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:16 pm Thought Experiment: You can have Justin Fields or Baker Mayfield as your QB for the same amount of money, which are you going with?

Baker
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I hate these as it puts players in a vacuum that doesn't exist in real life. It's possible there's a system and OC that fits Fields and truly unlocks a winner, but are you going to find it?

Given we've seen Baker be a good fit already, I got to go that way.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Fields.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Without knowing ANYTHING else? Scheme, coaching staff, etc….

I’m going full entertainment. Give me Fields baby!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Snake wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:07 pm Without knowing ANYTHING else? Scheme, coaching staff, etc….

I’m going full entertainment. Give me Fields baby!
It would make the draft more entertaining at least. Top 10 picks are way more fun to mock than the mid/late 20’s.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If we're going by entertainment, give me Winston. #exciting
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Doctor wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:07 am If we're going by entertainment, give me Winston. #exciting
Always a chance to see a touchdown every throw!! Sometimes for the offense!!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Interesting
The New England Patriots are "exploring all options" to upgrading the quarterback position, from taking a rookie with the 3rd overall pick to trade for Justin Fields.

Via The Athletic reporter Chad Graff.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:05 am Interesting
The New England Patriots are "exploring all options" to upgrading the quarterback position, from taking a rookie with the 3rd overall pick to trade for Justin Fields.

Via The Athletic reporter Chad Graff.
That's not a terrible idea... pending the cost. Give up a 3rd and draft Harrison could put them on a great path. It could also give them the ability to trade back a big and get a better pick back. Trade down from 3 to 7 and pick up a 2nd and a 2nd next year from Tennessee. At pick 7, they should be able to get the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best non-QB in the draft.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

My guess is that Fields will end up in Atlanta in a trade for a 3rd round pick.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

CannonFire wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:21 pm
Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:05 am Interesting

That's not a terrible idea... pending the cost. Give up a 3rd and draft Harrison could put them on a great path. It could also give them the ability to trade back a big and get a better pick back. Trade down from 3 to 7 and pick up a 2nd and a 2nd next year from Tennessee. At pick 7, they should be able to get the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best non-QB in the draft.
IMO they should take the BPA at #3 (Harrison) and then grab either Rattler or Penix in the 2nd. Who knows. Not my problem.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Another Ohio State quarterback illustrating that there’s levels to this game
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Snake wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:14 pm

Another Ohio State quarterback illustrating that there’s levels to this game
He had me at Hello......dude, that was impressive for a rookie. I would have expected Holy #$%@ they're blitzing where's my RB.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

REPORT: The Chicago Bears have received 2 trade offers for QB Justin Fields.

One offer from the Atlanta Falcons & The other offer from the Las Vegas Raiders! The Bears are still deciding whether to keep Fields or trade him and take Caleb Williams #1 overall in the draft

Per Jake Eckberg / Uncovered NFL
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

If I can have both at Fields' contract, I'll take the cheap/potential upside of Fields' rookie deal.

If the contract is what we expect Mayfield's to be, I'll take Mayfield.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I like Fields on the Falcons.