Doc's Early Dream Mock

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Doctor

Doc's Early Dream Mock

Post by Doctor »

It's early in the process but I thought I'd kick one of these off.

First Round: Edge Jared Verse, FSU

This kid is a Bowles kid if their ever was one. Yaya, Kancey, Zyon, White, Dean, JTS, etc. Bowles has a type. Following in the footsteps of other super athlete turned weapons comes 6'4 260lb of Verse. He's a little on the older side, but that doesn't bother us. Verse opposite of Yaya with Kancey and Vea on the inside, oh boy. Oh boy, oh boy.

Second Round: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr., Clemson

Honestly, in real life I'm banging the drum for taking Trotter in the first. He's my Branch, the AWJ, my Noah Spence this year. Stud who I'd take in the first but we should run to to trade for if he's there in the second. Pair him inside with Dennis, under LVD for as long as he wants to keep playing. Yes please. I'm absolutely in love with Trotter and would take him at 26 in a heartbeat. But this is a dream mock.

Third Round: C Zach Frazier, West Virginia

Huge Zach Frazier fan and the guy has the pedigree we look for. Dominated as a wrestler and has a mean streak inside. Smart, can pull, and can punish. Maybe he gets moved to OG, maybe he takes over center and we kick Hainsey out. Either way, OL gets better.

Fourth Round: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

If you think this is a Liam pick you aren't wrong. We get our own little Kyren, hits the system running. He's a do it all back with Coen appreciates, as he can further conceal his intent. Deceptively explosive and hard to tackle.

Sixth Round: WR Isaiah Williams, Illinois

A quick WR that separates the way Liam likes you too. Smaller frame but fluid and catches in traffic.

Seventh Round: QB Devin Leary, Kentucky

That's right, we go back to the Kentucky well. He didn't have his best year under Coen, true, but Leary is a good talent with a great arm. Already in the system he can give Trask a run for the back up spot from the get go. It would be nice to have a cheap back up for four years balancing out the Mayfield deal.
Cheb

Re: Doc's Early Dream Mock

Post by Cheb »

I'd be all about this draft but it is VERY optimistic as far as dudes falling. Per CBS's draft rankings, which are normally fairly close imo, Jared Verse is the 13th overall prospect, Trotter 41, and Frazier 56. So the "gaps" between their prospect rankings and their draft positions in this mock are respectively 13, 16, and 33 spots.

Dream mock indeed.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Appreciate the effort Doc! As you said it is a Dream mock, but love all the players you mentioned and all make sense.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I think the draft ranking people play games and most of them are flawed, like why does CBS leave the Oregon center off of their list.

(Jackson Powers-Johnson)

Seems like all of them leave someone off the list.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

My main thing is that there's always like 50 first round grade, so naturally...
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Good to know that this year's draft is deep with edge rushers and interior offensive linemen.... two positions of need for this team.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:25 am My main thing is that there's always like 50 first round grade, so naturally...

Last year was like a double draft because of covid and I thought there was a huge amount of good prospects and back to being regular this year. Where is this 1st round grade link you are looking at?

32 from 50 is 18 so trading down to get 1st round grades would be good - right?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:40 am I think the draft ranking people play games and most of them are flawed, like why does CBS leave the Oregon center off of their list.

(Jackson Powers-Johnson)

Seems like all of them leave someone off the list.
Good chance this is our guy.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

JPJ would be a great pick too.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:30 pm JPJ would be a great pick too.
He's probably my dream first round pick at this stage. Dude is smooth as fresh cream and would probably be our best interior blocker day one.

So he will be gone.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:38 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:30 pm JPJ would be a great pick too.
He's probably my dream first round pick at this stage. Dude is smooth as fresh cream and would probably be our best interior blocker day one.

So he will be gone.
December 22 I could get JPJ at pick 117 by January 19 he was pick 58.

Now PFF has him 22nd.

That's 95 spots in 33 days.