Didn’t expect we’d have to do this but… OC options?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Navybuc

Re: Didn’t expect we’d have to do this but… OC options?

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:06 pm Why does happiness scare you?
There’s a huge difference between happiness and whatever it is the hell you’re smoking. I live in reality. You live off with the rainbows and unicorns in fairy tale land. I never saw anything like it.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:11 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:06 pm Why does happiness scare you?
There’s a huge difference between happiness and whatever it is the hell you’re smoking. I live in reality. You live off with the rainbows and unicorns in fairy tale land. I never saw anything like it.
He’ll be jumping ship to Cokehead Canales’s Panthers if they take the division next season.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Hurt people hurt people.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Btw, whatever happened to MJW? Did Doctor chase her away? Not that I could blame her.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Doctor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:49 pm
The NFCS is going to be a whole lot better next season.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:50 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:49 pm
The NFCS is going to be a whole lot better next season.
Damn why didn’t we go for this guy? We’re too busy trying to please the great Baker Mayfield we are passing up on good coaches. I’d rather try and find someone who pleases Mike Evans. Sounds like he’s gonna leave.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Kubiak>Coen

Coen is going back to Kentucky next year anyway.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Remember when Evans was willing to take a paycut to stay with Brady? Those days are gone. He wants $30 mil…and sounds like Houston may pay up.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm Remember when Evans was willing to take a paycut to stay with Brady? Those days are gone. He wants $30 mil…and sounds like Houston may pay up.
Houston won't be the only team. Everything I am reading on Houston is pure conjecture and the fact he lives close to Houston. Doesn't mean that is his preferred destination nor that they are looking for him. There are also rumors that the Jets and Dallas will be all in going for Evans. All this conjecture is all because he was asked about free agency and he said that he's excited to be a part of it, just like Gronk wanted to test out free agency. Gronk bolted for those Bills sadly /s
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm Kubiak>Coen

Why is he better? His Vikings team didn't seem any different than any Vikings team with Cousins. What he did after Hackett let him take over playcalling and went from 3-6 before to 2-6 after. I know he had Zack Wilson and not Rodgers as QB there, but I think everyone can see Rodgers made Hackett look good and not the other way around
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 pm Remember when Evans was willing to take a paycut to stay with Brady? Those days are gone. He wants $30 mil…and sounds like Houston may pay up.
I think Evans has earned the right to do whatever he wants. If he wants to be paid a king's ransom to ball out with CJ Stroud for his hometown team, I wish him every measure of success. Can't say I blame him.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Link on the “Evans wants 30M” crap?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

acmillis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:36 pm
Link on the “Evans wants 30M” crap?
There is none, talking heads everywhere is saying Evans would command 30 million per year because of what Davante Adams since Evans is only 1 year older. No one knows what Evan wants or where he is going to play. I found multiple articles from many Houston sports writers where they weighed whether Houston can afford Evans (they can), why he would go there (40 minutes drive from his home), that he would have CJ Stroud throwing him the ball. All of them concluded it was slam dunk win for Houston to get Evans. Of course, the media is lapping it up as Houston is the 4th largest market and thus clicks
Snake

Post by Snake »

The only thing we know for a certainty is that Evans and the Buccaneers came to an impasse during their most recent negotiations.

Maybe he cares about spending his entire career with Tampa. Maybe he doesn’t. He won his ring, he put in a decade. He doesn’t owe anyone anything.

I wouldn’t take comments from him as anything other than lip service. The same way I don’t trust coach speak.

I hope the Buccaneers retain him. I don’t anticipate a discount.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Evans had an incredible decade here. For those who have been around, I called his pick in a legendary thread on a previous board and no one is a bigger fan of his than me.

That said… I think the wisest thing might be to just let him walk. This could be the greatest WR draft of all time and we can draft his replacement. He’s 31 and I’m just not sure we’re a team that’s in the right spot to just pay him ridiculous money on a big contract.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 pm Kubiak>Coen

We interviewed Kubiak last year and everyone groaned.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cool, that was last year. This is now.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Navybuc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:43 pm Btw, whatever happened to MJW? Did Doctor chase her away? Not that I could blame her.
I believe she “left“ because some people here were hounding her about her dislike of Bowles and his coaching styles. She pops in from time to time.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Like most your beliefs, that's wrong. Bowles had fewer fans on the board than D Smith and none hound, they barely squeek.

She left because she spent the whole offseason preaching we were destined for Caleb.... then we started 3-1.

Then came back gloating and vindicated during the 1-6 run convinced Bowles would be fired 48 hours after the Panthers game and we were back in the race. And then... well... you know.

She'll be back. She's devastated at us winning games during a meaningless year, but she'll be back.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well, I guess Navy is right about you. I can't blame her either. She'll be back.? WTF are you smoking? Doctor. I said she pops in from time to time. She is technically back.
Doctor wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:25 am

Then came back gloating and vindicated during the 1-6 run convinced Bowles would be fired 48 hours after the Panthers game and we were back in the race. And then... well... you know.

Durr. This is exactly what I was talking about. Bowles, Bowles, Bowles
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Don't we all want a high draft pick to select an elite quarterback? So she's not the only one. I did too.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:42 am Don't we all want a high draft pick to select an elite quarterback? So she's not the only one. I did too.
I would definitely trade the 9-8 season we just had for the #1 pick.

9-8 in the worst division in football. Can’t beat winning teams consistently.

Mediocre team that gets to sell division title T-shirts. Whoopty do. Plenty of those every year. But it seems like a lot of bucs fans are totally content with having a division title ceiling.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I know. The old ways are still very much live on in many fans. I mean after so many decades, the prophecy has to finally come true right?

I'm sorry but if you're getting bullied by posts of hope and believing in your players and team.... and winning.... well then I don't know what to tell you.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Let’s keep chasing that 9-8 ceiling.

Just hope the division remains terrible and maybe a few plane crashes in January will clear the way to a Super Bowl appearance.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:43 am
Phantom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:42 am Don't we all want a high draft pick to select an elite quarterback? So she's not the only one. I did too.
I would definitely trade the 9-8 season we just had for the #1 pick.

9-8 in the worst division in football. Can’t beat winning teams consistently.

Mediocre team that gets to sell division title T-shirts. Whoopty do. Plenty of those every year. But it seems like a lot of bucs fans are totally content with having a division title ceiling.
i mean, the division title is nice, but a 9-8 record looks bad. We need to do better that. If we repeat a 9-8 record, Bowles need to go
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The record looks bad? Seriously? That's your complaint? Yeah because that matters.

I don't care about the record or the division title. The only thing I cared about, and I said it all year, was Dec/Jan football. And I very much like what I saw. A few tweaks, a few breaks go the other way... its close.

And excuse me for saying, but these Bucs would've given Mahomes the business again.

But you want to go back to the bottom of the dumpster scratching off lotto tickets because you just know the winning one is real close. I mean we spent the last 20, 30 years, doing it right?

Yet every time we've gotten off that bs we've gone on to have our most successful seasons. But you addicts want to go back. You just need your Mahomes. Newsflash, there's only one. He's taken.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cool, you are satisfied with Bucs being mediocre year after year. Good for you. More power to you.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 am Cool, you are satisfied with Bucs being mediocre year after year. Good for you. More power to you.
If the Bucs stayed healthy on defense against the Lions in the second half, I doubt we would have allowed 21 straight points, and the one-score loss we experienced that kept us out of the NFC championship game may have swung the other way.

Don't get it twisted, the Bucs were objectively one of the eight best teams in football this season. That's in the top quarter of teams, and we did all that with a large lead weight of dead cap space around our necks while leading the NFL in rookie snaps. We have Pro Bowl talent on both sides of the ball, promising young players on cheap contracts in spades, and our core of guys with four years or less experience, headlined by Antoine Winfield Jr and Tristan Wirfs, have NEVER missed the playoffs.

That's not mediocre.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Who is in charge of the Bucs' defense?. Thst's right. Bowles.. His defense is medicore

Top 8? No shit. Everyone and the experts but @acmillis expected Bucs to beat the Eagles and we did that. Lions? LOL!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

If it hadn't been for AWJ's amazing performance and the Carolina touchdown being called back, the Bucs could have ended up with a 8-9 record.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Good for the Bucs for beating the Eagles. But it wasn’t even a quality playoff win. the Eagles were a team that had utterly collapsed about seven weeks prior and everyone knew they were dead in the water.

Vegas’s line baked in the chance that they would turn it back on in the playoffs. But at the end of the day, they were shit.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:33 pm Good for the Bucs for beating the Eagles. But it wasn’t even a quality playoff win. the Eagles were a team that had utterly collapsed about seven weeks prior and everyone knew they were dead in the water.

Vegas’s line baked in the chance that they would turn it back on in the playoffs. But at the end of the day, they were shit.
Was the line -3 Eagles? If So that's not really a favorite. Well sorta
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:48 am
Phantom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 am Cool, you are satisfied with Bucs being mediocre year after year. Good for you. More power to you.
If the Bucs stayed healthy on defense against the Lions in the second half, I doubt we would have allowed 21 straight points, and the one-score loss we experienced that kept us out of the NFC championship game may have swung the other way.

Don't get it twisted, the Bucs were objectively one of the eight best teams in football this season. That's in the top quarter of teams, and we did all that with a large lead weight of dead cap space around our necks while leading the NFL in rookie snaps. We have Pro Bowl talent on both sides of the ball, promising young players on cheap contracts in spades, and our core of guys with four years or less experience, headlined by Antoine Winfield Jr and Tristan Wirfs, have NEVER missed the playoffs.

That's not mediocre.
100% AND it helped us define who and what we have. This season brought us Baker (who I was initially against as I wanted to see what Trask could bring to the party). Now? We know who he is and what HE brings to the party. Perhaps most importantly besides his guts and very well endowed arm (and brain) is an energy that has this team connected, cohesive and motivated. THAT is something that is difficult to coach for. SO yeah- I will take this season anytime over a high draft pic (oh wait- isn’t that what Baker was?) that may or may not pan out. Paging Ryan Leaf et. al..
I said what I said

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:33 pm Good for the Bucs for beating the Eagles. But it wasn’t even a quality playoff win. the Eagles were a team that had utterly collapsed about seven weeks prior and everyone knew they were dead in the water.

What the hell is a quality playoff win and what do you get for having one?
Most hated man in America.