Baker Mayfield: PAID

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Baker Mayfield Contract

Post by mdb1958 »

True or false?

66.6 million on Houston's o-line.

30.5 for the Bucs.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:07 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 am

How much to we clear for Jensen?
Not a lot. Like $1.2M if he’s released or retires post 6/1. We can push his dead cap hit into next year though.

It might be worth it to see if he can play. Hainsey left a bit to be desired.
Jensen tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus, fractured his tibial head, and had additional unspecified cartilage damage. For these problems, he never had surgery to fix them.

I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but I'm not optimistic. Bones can mend without intervention, but from what I understand once a ligament or meniscus is torn, it's torn in perpetuity until it's fixed. In automotive terms that I can understand, if you have a busted axel on your car no amount of rehab is gonna fix it, it needs structural repair. Jensen hurt his knee two years ago and those structural repairs have never been done. A stem cell injection and lots of rehab, but he could barely do position drills in camp last season and never took a rep at full speed.

While it would be great if Jensen came back, I think his race is run.

He's still on the sidelines every game as what I presume to be a defacto assistant OL coach, I see him on the broadcast every Sunday. I say make it official and get his salary off the books as far as cap space is concerned ASAP.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:41 am
Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 am

Oh Babe. Learn to read. It's always been a weakness of yours. I bolded the keywords for you so maybe you'll understand it better. Just like when the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes thinking he might be better than Alex Smith, we can draft one of those guys hoping they might be better than Baker Mayfield. They very well possibly could down the road. Will Bo Nix be a better pro than Baker Mayfield? I actually he think he will. I like Nix. But again, that's not my decision nor yours. It's Licht's.
Sure, attack the poster when you get defensive. It is all you really have ever had lol
You do it to me all the time Babe. You’re mean and cold so it’s a taste of your own medicine.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:47 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:27 pm So what you're counting on with a rookie is for them to be an exception to history. In the 21st century, 7 rookie QBs have won a playoff game. 7 total in 23 years. Guess how many have won a Superbowl? 0.

Saying we're better off with a rookie is almost a hope or admission that we won't be competing in 2024.
No, I'm looking for a rookie to become a franchise QB.

Houston got just as far as the Bucs did this season with a rookie QB, AND with a LESSER team (and beat us), with a rookie QB. Their future looks a lot brighter than ours. True or false?
Why? Rookie contract? Plenty of losing franchises have QBs on rookie contracts right now.

Baker Mayfield won a Heisman trophy and was the #1 overall pick. He played like it in Tampa this season. Some of you are holding his past tenure with a truly dysfunctional franchise against him. Why can't he be OUR franchise QB?

Baker led a GW TD drive to beat Houston. Our defense gave that one away. Also, we can't have C.J. Stroud. Longing for some other team's rookie QB with the benefit of hindsight after he looks good in his rookie season isn't any way to manage a franchise.

Trevor Lawrence was the next big thing 3 years ago and he has never had a season as good as the one Baker Mayfield just turned in for us.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Fact is, we're not in the position to replace Baker with someone that's better given our draft position. Unless someone is advocating trading all the way up into the top 10 to snag the 4th best rookie QB?

The fall from Baker Mayfield in QB play is a precipitous one and we're competitive with him RIGHT NOW.

If I'm wrong, then tell me the QB we can get at 26 that's going to be an across the board upgrade over Mayfield. Or, suggest the FA QB we can sign who is younger, better, and will cost the same to sign Baker to a longish term deal.

We can absolutely win with Baker Mayfield. We were a couple of plays away from being in the NFCCG this year which was a season most only foresaw us winning a couple of games.

Beef up the interior of the Oline, address pass rush, and let's see what the team can do in 2024.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:04 am

The problem with the analogy you're making is the Chiefs were in a very different position than us with Alex Smith. He was under contract with them and they had multiple (4) years of data suggesting they would not win in the playoffs with him at QB. We kind of have to make a decision on Baker Mayfield right now.

Imagine having a QB that throws for over 300 yards and 3 TDs in two playoff games and wanting to move on from that QB for a rookie. I just do not understand the mentality.

Now, I could understand better if Baker had just thrown for 3,500 yards with 15 TDs and 8 picks in the regular season in his 4th year in the offense and then got bounced in the Wild Card game with a 172 yard performance and a 1/1 TD/INT ratio like Alex Smith did prior to the Chiefs drafting Mahomes.
I agree with all that. The point I was trying to make is if you’re a GM and you think one of the guys there at pick No. 25 can be better than Baker, you take them. I’d hate to see Licht say “I think Nix has a better future than Baker” and then pass on him. The Nix goes somewhere else and wins a couple SBs while Baker doesn’t get any better than he did this year.You always want to upgrade your team, and after the combine and workouts you think a guy like Nix has better potential for this team moving forward, you pull that trigger.

That’s Licht’s decision, though, not ours. There are a lot of other variables that go into it, but he has to evaluate everything. But if we were to cut ties with Baker, I’d like to see it be done with a draft pick not a FA.
Right, but if we just said "it's Jason Licht's decision" about everything we might as well shut the boards down.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:08 am

Sure, attack the poster when you get defensive. It is all you really have ever had lol
You do it to me all the time Babe. You’re mean and cold so it’s a taste of your own medicine.
lol link? I never attack anyone without them shooting the first shot. Ever. Take a seat sweetie.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:13 am

Houston got just as far as the Bucs did this season with a rookie QB, AND with a LESSER team (and beat us), with a rookie QB. Their future looks a lot brighter than ours. True or false?
Why? Rookie contract? Plenty of losing franchises have QBs on rookie contracts right now.

Baker Mayfield won a Heisman trophy and was the #1 overall pick. He played like it in Tampa this season. Some of you are holding his past tenure with a truly dysfunctional franchise against him. Why can't he be OUR franchise QB?

Baker led a GW TD drive to beat Houston. Our defense gave that one away. Also, we can't have C.J. Stroud. Longing for some other team's rookie QB with the benefit of hindsight after he looks good in his rookie season isn't any way to manage a franchise.

Trevor Lawrence was the next big thing 3 years ago and he has never had a season as good as the one Baker Mayfield just turned in for us.
I think some on this board are putting their hands over their ears and blathering nah nah nah nah nah nah nah
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:59 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:07 am

Not a lot. Like $1.2M if he’s released or retires post 6/1. We can push his dead cap hit into next year though.

It might be worth it to see if he can play. Hainsey left a bit to be desired.
Jensen tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and meniscus, fractured his tibial head, and had additional unspecified cartilage damage. For these problems, he never had surgery to fix them.

I'm no orthopedic surgeon, but I'm not optimistic. Bones can mend without intervention, but from what I understand once a ligament or meniscus is torn, it's torn in perpetuity until it's fixed.
I have no idea about the others but I tore my meniscus and it did heal completely without any intervention. The doc said w/o surgery almost all of them heal within 6 weeks. I was never able to play football again though at Jensen level.
I said what I said

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 am They very well possibly could down the road.
This right here summarizes the entire rookie savior dogma. Look at how many modifiers you had to stuff in there.

They very well... possibly... could... down the road...

Because you know, more than likely, they are not. History is riddled with clear timespans where, year after year, ALL the QBs were just ass (or at least, no, not better than Baker). Huge, long spans.

The other side of the coin is of course hindsight:
Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am I’d hate to see Licht say “I think Nix has a better future than Baker” and then pass on him. The Nix goes somewhere else and wins a couple SBs while Baker doesn’t get any better than he did this year.
Now there will come offseason where yes, you happen to be lucky enough to be in a year that actually has a good, Super Bowl winning level QB. You have no way of knowing which year that would be, or which QB in that year it is, but they obviously do exists (someone needs to win the championship). They'll than use this very fact as proof that the needle was in the haystack the whole time, and anyone/everyone who didn't see it is an incompetent fool that should be fired. No matter how many savior failures there are they have tunnel vision for the one success and convince themselves the dogma is actually a viable management plan.

Further still, the success stories don't even need to be real or flushed out. Right now it's Stroud. Who could/may go on to totally flame out but as of today is the poster boy for the dogma (while he lasts). Look how quickly people turned on Lamar after his MVP season, Burrow already has the injury prone tag that has some looking at Browning, Mark Sanchez went to two AFCCG, RG3 and Murray were herald as their franchises saviors early on as well.

But nothing lights that dogma fire like a baller OROY QB season. Gets them all wide eyed.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:42 am

Oh Babe. Learn to read. It's always been a weakness of yours. I bolded the keywords for you so maybe you'll understand it better. Just like when the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes thinking he might be better than Alex Smith, we can draft one of those guys hoping they might be better than Baker Mayfield. They very well possibly could down the road. Will Bo Nix be a better pro than Baker Mayfield? I actually he think he will. I like Nix. But again, that's not my decision nor yours. It's Licht's.
You mean like you attacked him for saying something he didn't actually say?
Don't tread on me
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:04 pm

Show me the attacking words. Let’s see them lol and while you are at it, let’s see what you think I attacked him for. SMH y’all something else
I said what I said

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:10 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:04 pm

Show me the attacking words. Let’s see them lol and while you are at it, let’s see what you think I attacked him for. SMH y’all something else
Is this what you call attacking you?
Oh Babe. Learn to read.
That was certainly no worse that what you said that prompted what he said above.
Just how high are you to even put that in writing?
Stop trying so hard to always be right. In this case at least, you're not.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Because he's been deflowered.

It's one of the weirder parts of the dogma, but there's a holy purity to the savior bit. They try to mask it with nonsense rationalizations like saying it's all about the super important rookie contract window. Even though QBs prime's aren't when they are 23 y/o. The truth is they just don't want someone else's sloppy seconds.

After all, if this guy was a true hero he would've saved the team that drafted him and never become available in the first place. The very fact that he was available is all the evidence you need to know that he isn't a savior quality and should be avoided because all they'll do is keep you from drafting a real savior... the whole thing is a tiresome circle jerk.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

So you're trashing rookie QB's, then say a rookie QB lead his team to a game winning drive... and that's our defenses fault? It's not because that guy is good, right? Weird, because when Baker "led a GW TD drive", you're praising Baker.

I'm done reading your nonsense. You and your delusional Baker backers must love mediocrity.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:58 am
True or false?

66.6 million on Houston's o-line.

30.5 for the Bucs.
So you're saying that Houston invested $36M more on their OLine and didn't waste it on a mediocre QB and that line plus a franchise QB produced a 10-win season? So... your answer is "TRUE" then, yes?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:02 pm

So you're trashing rookie QB's, then say a rookie QB lead his team to a game winning drive... and that's our defenses fault? It's not because that guy is good, right? Weird, because when Baker "led a GW TD drive", you're praising Baker.

I'm done reading your nonsense. You and your delusional Baker backers must love mediocrity.
I didn’t trash anyone. C.J. Stroud was taken 2nd overall. Unfortunately, I guess?, our QB was too good to get us a top 3 pick this year to get a new QB so that hypothetical rookie could then take us to the divisional round of the playoffs next year? Except we were in them this year. With baker mayfield.

Talk about nonsense.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:20 pm

I didn’t trash anyone. C.J. Stroud was taken 2nd overall. Unfortunately, I guess?, our QB was too good to get us a top 3 pick this year to get a new QB so that hypothetical rookie could then take us to the divisional round of the playoffs next year? Except we were in them this year. With baker mayfield.

Talk about nonsense.
Ok, you didn't trash Stroud :roll: ... you at the very least minimized his accomplishment when you said "Our defense gave that one away."... literally just after praising Baker for doing the same thing Stroud did. Yes... that is nonsense.

Right, because no team can trade up (KC trading up from 27 to 10) OR DOWN (Baltimore trading out of the first round... then back into #32), to get a QB. They MUST have a top 5 pick? Give me a break. Licht's job is to find a QB. He screwed up in 2015 and survived (thanks to Tom Brady), and he's got another chance. He should go do his job and find a franchise QB. My guess is that earlier, MDB (above - first post on this page), look to be trying to say that Houston was a better team because they spent $36M more on their OLine than we did. Ok, well, how about we take that $30M that people like you seem to be ok with giving Mayfield and invest that in our OLine... then we can go get our first round QB who can win us 10 games, the division, and a playoff game.

You're so focused on us getting into the "Final 8"... well, 6 of those 8 drafted their QB and 3 are left. Do me a favor and try to justify why 25% is better odds than 75%.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Talk about nonsense.
I was saying it in the offseason that Baker was good enough to win us out of contention for a new QB, good enough to win a bad division, but bad enough that he wouldn’t take us the distance.

I don’t think this was a very difficult or out there assessment to make.

Baker won us the worst division in football. He got us barely past .500.

Because of this, we likely miss out on some great draft picks and a potential QBOTF.

Our division will only get better. We snuck out 9 wins with our division at a low point. In 2 years from now? If Baker is still our QB we might be lucky to sniff 6 wins.

But at least we got a fun exciting season out of him.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I just do not understand.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:35 pm

Talk about nonsense.
He screwed up in 2015 and survived (thanks to Tom Brady), and he's got another chance.
And this is why the dogma is a freaking joke. A bad joke at that. Statistically and historically it's a dogshit plan in every sense. Probably no more obvious a red flag to what a load of crap it is then when it fails to produce, even when you follow all the commandments to the letter, the fall back is simply... well that wasn't REAL communism... the GM screwed it up.

Like, come on.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:56 am https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback

These numbers are all kinds of crazy when you compare who is getting them, but in this list I'd put him in Geno territory. I think Baker is going to be more interested in the length of the contract than blowing up a huge number. He's not in the elite category, so right now - and especially with his history - stability is a commodity for him.

Edit: With natural salary inflation, probably closer to Goff.
You think he is going to make less than Carr? I sincerely doubt that is going to happen. 38-40 APY is my guess
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:04 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:58 am

Of course, picking a rookie QB is a roll of the dice, as is relying on Mayfield to duplicate what he's done this year.

The difference? A rookie QB, even one drafted 1st overall, will earn on four years, what Mayfield is projected to earn in one year.

Do you not see that?
trade up... adding in Devin White if it helps,
smdh...you really believe we can? You think we can trade someone not on our roster at the beginning of the league year?
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:15 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:10 pm

Oh Babe. Learn to read.
That was certainly no worse that what you said that prompted what he said above.
Just how high are you to even put that in writing?
lol that is hilarious!
I said what I said

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:51 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:45 pm

I don't think we'll be able to add Devin White to any draft day deals.

How can you say this team were "pretenders?" They were one of the final 8 teams. They were within a few mistakes and one score from being in the NFC Championship game. Please sign me up for being that kind of pretender every single season. It is definitely not the "right move" to let the QB that made that happen walk in free agency.
I agree about White, I just keep hearing from pundits and whatnot, who are supposedly "in-the-know", and they talk glowingly about him. He might have some value... how, I don't know.

We were pretenders because we snuck into the playoffs without any real chance to win. That's what a pretender is. Yeah, we were among the final 8, but every year there are teams in the final 8 that you look at say "yeah, they're not winning any more"... this year, that was us. Reason being, at some point you have to beat a good team and the Bucs didn't do that all year. Yeah, I know you want a pretender, because you want to re-sign Mayfield. The thing about pretenders is that the playoffs pop up occasionally and you never go anywhere. The Bucs are in the one place no NFL team ever wants to be in, purgatory. They're too good to suck, but not good enough to win. Keeping Mayfield keeps us in purgatory. Like I said in an earlier post, I'd rather go give Cousins a $35M AAV deal for 3 years (guaranteed), then give Mayfield a Daniel Jones contract.

LOL, I have no problem walking away from a mediocre QB who brought us to a 9-8 season with a schedule that featured only 4 good opponents, in what some consider to be a career year for him.

Next year, we're projected to have $50M in cap space. We NEED to improve the OLine and we have Mike Evans and LaVonte David needing new deals. Our schedule next year features San Fran, Philly, Baltimore, Dallas, KC, Chargers, & Lions... along with teams who could see an upgrade at the QB position like Denver and Vegas... and you want to sign a mediocre QB to deal worth $30M (give or take), and you think we'll make the playoffs? Yeah, sign me up for the under.

That QB that you want to sign looked like CRAP/total garbage, in the last two games of the season, that were must-win and he produced 0 points in the first 3 quarters... down 20-0 in the home season finally forcing us to win our last game. Our last game in which we scored a whopping 9 points against the worst team in football. THAT's the QB you we NEED to bring back? Dude, you just want to be disappointed don't you? You miss the Winston, Freeman, Dilfer, King days, don't you? Glad we're out of that Brady era where we were contenders?
If I went by your definition of contenders, there would be 3 NFC teams and 3 AFC teams in the playoffs. So 49ers, Lions, and Cowboys, I am assuming you would pick as contenders although Dak always chokes, so it should probably be 2 by your definition. In the AFC you would have 2? 3? 4? Ravens and Chiefs obviously. The down year for the Bills, did you think they would beat either? While Miami had a high scoring offense, I had no belief they would beat the big two. So we should just have like a 4 team playoffs? I mean why let any other team in if the have to have perfect games and they other real contenders play down to them for a chance?

I mean there are never teams that go on runs in the playoffs are there. (See the 3 times the has been pointed out to happen in the last 30 years)
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:57 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:42 pm
You're right. Locking up a QB is worth it. And it's also worth sooo much more than some magical 1-2 year rookie-deal window.
Glad you're finally coming to your senses.

Now if we can just get off this weird puritanical obsession that your savior QB must be an NFL-virgin when you landed him we can finally get somewhere.
Rookie-deal windows are 5 years dude, not 1 to 2. There's also the luxury of having time to see what is there before a deal is given... not just 17 games.

Now if we can just get you off of this, well, we don't suck, so that's awesome view that you have, we can finally get somewhere.

Also, I even said I'd rather give Cousins or Wilson money than Mayfield... they've proven that they're not below average starters, unlike Mayfield. I don't need a rookie to come in. Though, that doesn't mean I'm opposed to trading up for one. Now, if they give Mayfield a 1-yr deal for $25M and we still get a QB in the draft, I'll be ok with that.
13-21 Denver Wilson is better? Not a criticism of Cousins but he will be 36 this year. Big Ben fell off a cliff after the age 37. Peyton at 39. He is reaching the use by date sooner than later
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:54 pm Who might be better than Baker that’s out there? Bo Nix. JJ McCarthy. Michael Penix. Those are guys who will could be available when we pick. Jayden Daniels may be there, too, depending on his workouts. Now will they be better than him? That’s something for the GM to figure out and decide on. They very well could.

If I was to move on from Baker, I think the draft is the best strategy. I’m not for going after someone like Cousins or Jimmy G. Russel Wilson? Maybe.
With some glaring needs like a SS, our entire iOL, down hill RB, CB (hopefully to replace CD3), edge rusher, and as @Bootz mentioned a WR2, we aren't getting all of that in free agency. You want to spend our first round pick on a QB? What if Evans leaves? I don't see how we pick a QB in the first round and I doubt any of those 3 will be there at 58
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Yeah. That’s the other thing not really mentioned enough. We’ve got a top 10 QB without investing any draft capital whatsoever. He only costs money.

Use your entire draft to add talent at other positions.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:46 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:15 pm

lol that is hilarious!
It's good you can laugh at yourself.
Don't tread on me
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:58 pm Yeah. That’s the other thing not really mentioned enough. We’ve got a top 10 QB without investing any draft capital whatsoever. He only costs money.

You're delusional if you think that's true.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

CannonFire wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:22 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:58 pm Yeah. That’s the other thing not really mentioned enough. We’ve got a top 10 QB without investing any draft capital whatsoever. He only costs money.

9th in passing yards for 2023. 7th in passing TDs for 2023. First in both categories for the postseason so far. 12th in regular season passer rating (but Mason Rudolph and Jake Browning are "ahead" of him in limited playing time). In passer rating he's ahead of Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, Stafford, Burrow, Hurts, Murray, and Lawrence.

So, add it all up and yeah I think he's a right at a top 10 QB and apparently that makes me delusional. Especially when I consider potential money to be invested and lack of draft capital invested his value is around 10th to me.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I'm a Baker non-believer, and even I'm okay with this deal:

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm I'm a Baker non-believer, and even I'm okay with this deal:

That would be a robbery. Light would sign that deal without any questions
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:13 pm I'm a Baker non-believer, and even I'm okay with this deal:

Agreed, but the only guaranteed money should be that his base pay is tied to him being on the roster on June 1.
Last edited by CannonFire on Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:03 am
CannonFire wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:22 am

9th in passing yards for 2023. 7th in passing TDs for 2023. First in both categories for the postseason so far. 12th in regular season passer rating (but Mason Rudolph and Jake Browning are "ahead" of him in limited playing time). In passer rating he's ahead of Herbert, Mahomes, Allen, Stafford, Burrow, Hurts, Murray, and Lawrence.

So, add it all up and yeah I think he's a right at a top 10 QB and apparently that makes me delusional. Especially when I consider potential money to be invested and lack of draft capital invested his value is around 10th to me.
Wow, you are delusional. Willing to bet that right now, every team who's QB you listed... would not trade their guy straight up for Mayfield. Willing to bet I can name at least 10 other teams (Dallas, Green Bay, Detroit, Carolina, San Francisco, Miami, Jets, Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, & Indianapolis - yup, I was right, 11), that wouldn't do it either. Those are only the "given's". It's possible there's a few others that wouldn't, like the Giants or Pittsburgh). It's because they all believe their guy is better. So, at worst, there are 19 teams that don't agree with you. Willing to bet that every other person who's not a Buccaneers blind homer/Mayfield blind homer, wouldn't agree with you either.

Aside from those 19, I'm willing to bet there are teams that are picking in the top 10 that wouldn't trade you their pick straight up for Mayfield. Teams like the Bears, Washington, New England, Tennessee, & Atlanta. So, here we are with a minimum of 24 teams in the NFL that don't want your "Top 10 QB", straight up for their guy. Weird huh... that there would be that many teams who wouldn't want a top 10 NFL QB?