Still a wasted, meaningless season?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Is this still a wasted, meaningless season?

Yes
10%
No
90%

Total votes: 39

Doctor

Still a wasted, meaningless season?

Post by Doctor »

Curious
13F11B

Re: Still a wasted, meaningless season?

Post by 13F11B »

I never think any season is wasted. You are either achieving or figuring out how to achieve next season.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 amCurious
I imagine you're feeling rather vindicated considering the heat you took all off-season. I wonder if the "tank the season" crowd will be issuing any apologies?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I never thought this was a wasted, meaningless season. I predicted 20-0, after all. I just thought this was first and foremost a season for clearing cap space without tanking, let the record fall where it would. I took a major draught of hopium and thought that this team could compete even deep into the playoffs if everything fell in place, it's not like our division rivals scared the entire NFL and we'd be playing for second place at best.

We're very unlikely to go 3-0 in the possible games remaining this season. So what? We're better off right now than we were at this exact time last year, knowing Brady was gone and not having a clue what was coming next. We're still in it. And whenever we do bow out, let' s remember this year as a whole with fondness.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Just trying to free minds from the cult.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Why are you still here, despite all the negative talk? @acmillis
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

The Bucs achieved more than a lot of us expected them to. And that's a good thing considering they had $80 million in dead money on the cap. Licht's drafts classes in 21 and 22 were duds. This most recent one looks to be a gem.

Hopefully we can get Evans signed before free agency begins.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:38 am Why are you still here, despite all the negative talk? @acmillis
Somebody needs to consistently underachieve in the boards FF league, no?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 am The Bucs achieved more than a lot of us expected them to. And that's a good thing considering they had $80 million in dead money on the cap. Licht's drafts classes in 21 and 22 were duds. This most recent one looks to be a gem.

What the hell are you talking about? Both those draft classes played a whole lot of snaps and made plays for us.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:44 am The Bucs achieved more than a lot of us expected them to. And that's a good thing considering they had $80 million in dead money on the cap. Licht's drafts classes in 21 and 22 were duds. This most recent one looks to be a gem.

JTS is starting to show a little more as a rotational player, KJ Britt is playing well now. Hainsey is starting. But, I'll give you 2021.

2022? I mean, home run. McCollum is showing a ton. Goedeke is an above average starting RT. Rachaad White. Cade Otton. Jake Camarda. 5 impact players in one draft?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:38 am Why are you still here, despite all the negative talk? @acmillis
I said I was wrong in the reaction thread, 110% wrong about the game last night...couldn't be wronger...lol. Happy to be wrongest.

I'm sure glad Baker took that ouchie go by bye shot from coach Bud Kilmer...dude balled out last night.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

All the '22 draft class were major contributors this season. While some of them can be upgraded, it is one of Licht's best drafts.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about. I guess unless they in the running for ROY they duds.

Even Hall, whose younger than Yaya, has begun to grow into his own.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:51 am
I said I was wrong in the reaction thread, 110% wrong about the game last night...couldn't be wronger...lol. Happy to be wrongest.

I'm sure glad Baker took that ouchie go by bye shot from coach Bud Kilmer...dude balled out last night.
You ready to sign him?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

The 2022 draft class were the stars of the game yesterday. Cotton was the focal point of the passing game and played well despite dropping the TD. White was the bellcow as always and had some very solid runs. Camarda wasn't needed much but his 3 punts were solid. And Zyon took 4 points off the board for the Eagles with his penalties.

Those guys grew up yesterday.
Most hated man in America.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Yesterday was the difference maker. Had we lost yesterday after watching Baker play mediocre most of the season, yes.

But coaching looked good. Our young players looked good. Baker looked good.

Gets you excited about the future and we’re in the final 8 this season with a winnable game ahead.

Wasted season would be wining the worst division in football with no long term answer at QB and going 0-1 in playoffs.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:54 am

You ready to sign him?
Personally, no. HOWEVER, I realize I'm in the vast minority on that take, and there is a 99% chance we do sign him and I've accepted that.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cool story bro, you been talkimg shit about Bucs all year, go fuck youraelf. No crow.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 am

Cool story bro, you been talkimg shit about Bucs all year, go fuck youraelf. No crow.
Show me on the doll where I touched you...
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Deep breath buddy.

Hurt people hurt people. He was hurt from years of this team cycling through wrong answers so he posted hurt. You're hurt now posting hurt. But that's the beauty about winning. Winning cures everything.

So let's come together in joy and in hope as we cheer on our Bucs to a second NFCCG in four years.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I wanted us to win the divison. And if we didn't win a playoff game, we at least looked very good on it. I knew we had the talent for it. For whatever reason everyone thought it was over because Brady left. Last year was coaching issues. Namely Leftwich. We have an elite receiving corps and the bulk of a Super Bowl defense. Baker was a question mark but it's not like he was this heap of garbage.

The Bucs met my expectations. I just really REALLY wanted them to do it. Thats why I was ready for Bowles to be fired. Just make some smart signings, draft well and get the hype train ready for next year.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Regardless of whatever else happens, I consider this to be a successful season, as I got to watch my team play a game while a majority of the country did not. AND as a Division winner in a home game which brought a buttload of revenue to the Tampa area.

The Bucs DEMANDED and deserved respect, and I'll say they have earned that nicely. We got us a BUNCH of bonafide stars that will carry forward into the future.

Pay them mens their money!
Last edited by Moozician on Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

And that was the sweet year the Giants beat Brady and the Patriots. No one gave em’ a chance. I was screaming my face off for the Giants.

I said what I said

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It was expected that the Bucs would beat the Eagles. No one saw Green Bay beating Dallas coming.
Backside

Post by Backside »

I know we had Brady, but that still feels like a dream. Having the national TV night game (playoffs!) in the red jerseys. Knowing everyone was watching, and the team did the opposite of lay an egg. I am just not used to it.

I assume this is a tongue in cheek thread. But obviously that game last night gave meaning to the season in a huge way. What a fun season.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 am
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:05 amCurious
I wonder if the "tank the season" crowd will be issuing any apologies?
No, no you're not. Not really.
Push the damned button already!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:04 am

Deep breath buddy.

Hurt people hurt people. He was hurt from years of this team cycling through wrong answers so he posted hurt. You're hurt now posting hurt. But that's the beauty about winning. Winning cures everything.

So let's come together in joy and in hope as we cheer on our Bucs to a second NFCCG in four years.

it’s all good.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:53 am

All the '22 draft class were major contributors this season. While some of them can be upgraded, it is one of Licht's best drafts.

I saw life from Logan Hall for two games now. He seemed pretty spirited last night. Yes I know - still a lot of growin to do.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Phantom wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:41 am It was expected that the Bucs would beat the Eagles. No one saw Green Bay beating Dallas coming.
I did.
Ken

Post by Ken »

How could anyone that's a fan of this franchise find this season a wasted, meaningless one? What kind of champagne Bucs' fan is poo pooing a playoff win? Prior to yesterday, this franchise had won 11 playoff games. Number 12 coming in a season where everyone, including many Bucs fans, projected us to be picking in the top 10 is one of the biggest surprises I've gotten as a 25 year Buc fan.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Well off to get together my Detroit material together and wait.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Is this a stupid question?

Yes -

No -
Don't tread on me
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Ken wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 pm How could anyone that's a fan of this franchise find this season a wasted, meaningless one? What kind of champagne Bucs' fan is poo pooing a playoff win? Prior to yesterday, this franchise had won 11 playoff games. Number 12 coming in a season where everyone, including many Bucs fans, projected us to be picking in the top 10 is one of the biggest surprises I've gotten as a 25 year Buc fan.
It's rhetorical.

@Doctor has endured constant ridicule and yet continued to be a positive voice throughout the year for this team amidst stark negativity here.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oh it's a victory lap? Go get yours then, son.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:12 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 pm How could anyone that's a fan of this franchise find this season a wasted, meaningless one? What kind of champagne Bucs' fan is poo pooing a playoff win? Prior to yesterday, this franchise had won 11 playoff games. Number 12 coming in a season where everyone, including many Bucs fans, projected us to be picking in the top 10 is one of the biggest surprises I've gotten as a 25 year Buc fan.
It's rhetorical.

@Doctor has endured constant ridicule and yet continued to be a positive voice throughout the year for this team amidst stark negativity here.
People ridicule me?

Anyway, it's more trying to drive home the very real fact that there are many ways to win in this league that isn't the savior route that so many of us spent the last two decades starving for. Driving home that the games still need to be played and anything can happen any given Sunday. And that, yes, a QB can come from anywhere.

This is a good staff and a good front office. If they choose to stick together good things can happen. That's my lap.