Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
acmillis

Re: Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

Post by acmillis »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:14 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:31 am
My logic? IDK what you're talking about, I simply said this team's core is 1-2 over the last two years.

Also, IMO, experience means nothing whatsoever in the playoffs. When we won the SB with Brady, how many of our core players had ANY playoff experience? How could we ever win with so many inexperienced playoff players?

Previous season wins also mean nothing, whatsoever, to this years' results.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to point out here.
Our QB, the most important position has more post season experience out of everyone. It was reported he would have team meeting before each playoff game to go over strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies of the opponent. If that isn't experience, IDK what is. Our starting RB in the playoffs, Lenny had experience. So did our back up RB LeSean McCoy, our third WR Antonio Brown, our starting TE Gronkowski, K Succop, OLD Barrett, OLB JPP, DT Suh, even Jensen had a playoff game with the Ravens. So that is that's 5 starters on offense and 3 on defense plus our kicker. That sounds like experience to me
Yup, less than half our starters had playoff experience… and again, we experience gets you nowhere in the playoffs.
Doctor

Re: Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

Post by Doctor »

Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:06 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:11 pm Seriously, a 3peat division crown and a 4 year playoff streak should be an awesome flex and instead some fans are bemoaning it. Some people just aren't meant to be winners.
Barely winning within the worst division, with a roster comprising of a youngish core of players that have already won a Superbowl is nothing to feel great about. Good lord, we were in an elimination game last season against the Panthers for division crown. The same Panthers who started out 1-5, fired their head coach and released their starting QB. That team had a real shot to win the division going into 4th qtr of that game with a lead.
And? Are the Panthers not a real football team? Did they not score 236 points on other professional defenses this year, including beating 2 teams (one in the playoffs)? In fact, they faced 6 playoffs teams before our match last week and scored 118 points in those matches. Against playoff teams.

Yet we hold them to 0 and we're being told we should feel bad about it? Why, because we didn't score more? Would punching it in Winston style made you feel better, really?

The two Super Bowl teams lost to the JETS, the FREAKING J E T S JETS.

I don't know what's worse, pretending there are easy games in the NFL or this attitude that anyone else's losses are flukes and bad days but ours are proof we're actually an awful awful team and all our success has been just plain dumb luck!
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:51 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:56 am

Yes. Even if you want to dismiss the accomplishment of making the playoffs as a random distribution and not a difficult act that still eludes many many teams, fine.... 44% chance, twice? Thrice? Fourithice?

The chances of flipping heads four times in a row is like 6%. But if you want to tell us it's really not that hard to stumble into the playoffs 4 straight years, go for it.
Context. Worst division in football for what would be....three of those?
AFC South 2021/2022. So no, one
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:54 pm

If you say so
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:54 pm

If you say so
By every metric they are. Total team wins in conference, total wins in conference for 2nd-4th place. How is that not worse?
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:37 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:57 pm

If you say so
By every metric they are. Total team wins in conference, total wins in conference for 2nd-4th place. How is that not worse?
I’ve had to watch the Saints Falcons and Panthers for 3 years.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:39 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:37 pm

I’ve had to watch the Saints Falcons and Panthers for 3 years.
Doesn't change facts also they have been the worst division for a lot longer than we were. Remember when MDJ and Blaine Gabbert was the best that division had? At least we had Brees and Cam and Ryan to enjoy watching. You really are a dog with a bone with your takes, aren't you?
Snake

Post by Snake »

:j
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:56 am

Yes. Even if you want to dismiss the accomplishment of making the playoffs as a random distribution and not a difficult act that still eludes many many teams, fine.... 44% chance, twice? Thrice? Fourithice?

The chances of flipping heads four times in a row is like 6%. But if you want to tell us it's really not that hard to stumble into the playoffs 4 straight years, go for it.
“For what would be three of those”

Worst division in football in 2022, 2023, and next year.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Are these Eagles players going to magically get healthy?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:37 pm

Barely winning within the worst division, with a roster comprising of a youngish core of players that have already won a Superbowl is nothing to feel great about. Good lord, we were in an elimination game last season against the Panthers for division crown. The same Panthers who started out 1-5, fired their head coach and released their starting QB. That team had a real shot to win the division going into 4th qtr of that game with a lead.
And? Are the Panthers not a real football team?
I ask myself that question ever day. I think Michigan and Georgia could give them one heck of a game. Carolina rivals the 1976 Bucs for how bad they are. Yet you are trying to make it sound like we beat the 1999 Rams. Go figure. Whatever you can do to hype the Bucs up, you do it. Mr. Sunshine and Rainbows never fails.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:37 pm

And? Are the Panthers not a real football team? Did they not score 236 points on other professional defenses this year, including beating 2 teams (one in the playoffs)? In fact, they faced 6 playoffs teams before our match last week and scored 118 points in those matches. Against playoff teams.

Yet we hold them to 0 and we're being told we should feel bad about it? Why, because we didn't score more? Would punching it in Winston style made you feel better, really?

The two Super Bowl teams lost to the JETS, the FREAKING J E T S JETS.

I don't know what's worse, pretending there are easy games in the NFL or this attitude that anyone else's losses are flukes and bad days but ours are proof we're actually an awful awful team and all our success has been just plain dumb luck!
Who said we should feel bad about holding Panthers to 0? Please find me the post of mine that did. You have a tendency to argue disingenuously.

Also the Panthers reference is to the 2022 Panthers competing for the NFC South title with the likes of PJ Walker and Sam Darnold as their starting QBs. It is a reminder for people like you who pretend like winning this damned division is some kind of glorious achievement. With Tom Brady as our starting QB, we were at the risk of losing to those Panthers. I'm sure you will say either those Panthers are a real NFL team or Brady was a bad QB in 22. Either way you are an excuse maker of the highest order.

Yes Panthers are one of the 32 NFL teams. What the hell is your point? Everytime Bucs play horrible, you act like it happens to all the teams and it is a one off for Bucs. You did that during the stretch when Bucs lost 6 out of 7. I'm sure you have excuses ready to roll if Bucs lose or even get dominated against the Eagles.

You argue Baker is a good QB worth re-signing, Canales is a OC worth keeping, and Bowles is a great HC worth riding another two seasons with. If everyone is good or great, why the hell has this team looked flat, unprepared in most of the games played this year and last year?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You know why. We've gone over why so many times on this board. But you dismiss it all as excuses, as in there's no excuse to be this way!

You have no interests in the product on the field, in the nuance of this being a sport of grown men. Other teams, often with more time together, are also out here trying to win. And guess what despite meeting 6 months ago this band of brothers manage to win more times than not.

But your kicking your feet in the air and screaming because you don't care about any of that. You want your QB hero and you resent this team for playing its way out of how you think you get one.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:57 pm It is a reminder for people like you who pretend like winning this damned division is some kind of glorious achievement
Baker Mayfield:
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yeah, Jalen Hurts is going to play. Was there ever any doubt?

If AJ Brown is out, good news for us.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:59 am If the Packers and Rams win and we also win we'd host a 2nd playoff game against the Rams. If we win that game and the Packers beat the 49ers, we'd host the NFC Championship game.
3 home games in a row, I just hope we can overcome these fans we have. Also we will know our next opponent before kickoff on Monday night.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Hey, Devin White. The 2020 playoffs called. They want THAT version of DW45 on the field tonight.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Do the Eagles have any safeties left to play us?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:48 am Do the Eagles have any safeties left to play us?
Kevin Byard. Also Zyon McCollum's twin brother Tristin is on the Eagles practice squad and has been elevated for this game to start.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

The money line on this game is absurd.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:24 am The money line on this game is absurd.
Why? Eagles -165 and Bucs +140.
That’s about what it should be when you take into account records, injuries, both teams recent struggles, etc.

If Baker was 100%, I think Bucs would be at least Even money. The Baker injury hurts the Bucs, IMO, because of how he’s played hurt the last two weeks. He’s looked bad.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Baker started playing bad before he got hurt during the final minutes of Saints game, just like how he played bad in about 7 other games before the Saints game. So if Baker plays bad today, it will have very little to do with him being hurt and much more to do with Baker simply being Baker Mayfield.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Jonny wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:40 am Baker started playing bad before he got hurt during the final minutes of Saints game, just like how he played bad in about 7 other games before the Saints game. So if Baker plays bad today, it will have very little to do with him being hurt and much more to do with Baker simply being Baker Mayfield.
He was having a poor performance before the injury against the Saints, but the Carolina game was clearly the injury. Dude was limping off the field every drive and could never stand comfortably in the pocket and deliver throws.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:52 am
Jonny wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:40 am Baker started playing bad before he got hurt during the final minutes of Saints game, just like how he played bad in about 7 other games before the Saints game. So if Baker plays bad today, it will have very little to do with him being hurt and much more to do with Baker simply being Baker Mayfield.
He was having a poor performance before the injury against the Saints, but the Carolina game was clearly the injury. Dude was limping off the field every drive and could never stand comfortably in the pocket and deliver throws.
Exactly. That what worries me today. It’s why I sure as hell wouldn’t put $$$ on the Bucs. I’m nervous what injured Baker will look like.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:52 am

Exactly. That what worries me today. It’s why I sure as hell wouldn’t put $$$ on the Bucs. I’m nervous what injured Baker will look like.
That’s the boat I am in. If Baker were healthy I would feel good about our chances, but I just can’t have confidence after seeing him limp around last week. Our run game is terrible so if Baker isn’t healthy enough to comfortably stand in the pocket we borderline have no chance of even scoring a TD. Hopefully he’s made some good progress since last Sunday.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Jonny just what exactly does Jonny want?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Time to hunt instead of be hunted, gather your shields and gird up your loins battle is soon to begin. If you choose to stay with the women I will deal with you later.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:04 am
Nice bar. And you gotta love that photo he has on his shelf in the top right corner of this pic... :D
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I rewatched that game yesterday. He was everywhere.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:04 am
Nice! I’ll pour a splash of Jefferson’s Ocean to toast to that tonight.

Missed opportunity not using Baker’s.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

And if he plays well, when will that be Baker being Baker?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:04 pm
And if he plays well, when will that be Baker being Baker?
If he more often plays well than he doesn't, he will transform his identity to being a good QB. Did you watch football during the Jameis era and Freeman era? Baker is the same guy.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So in your world view a QB needs to make up for their early "bad years" with enough "good years" before they are a "good QB". So Brees was never a good QB in SD, he only became one in year 2 of NO when he finally had more good seasons than bad.
Did Rodgers have to have to have 4 good years to make up for his bench years or do those not count?
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Comparing Baker’s season to Winston is disingenuous at best and just stupid at worst. Either way it reeks of just plain ole hating.