Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

Post by Snake »

Early gambling odds

Eagles spread -1.5 to -2.5
OVER/UNDER 45
Eagles moneyline -130 to -142
Buccaneers moneyline +110 to +120

Things to monitor:

- Hurts finger injury.
- AJ Brown knee injury.

Eagles fans? Mad

"It’s never been more clear that Sirianni has no clue what he’s doing.

Our OC and DC are both awful. Offense goes in shotgun every single play. Defense has no clue what they’re doing in this scheme.

So what’s our HC doing? Is he taking the reins and making play calls that very obviously need to change? Nope. We are going to continue to call the same 4 plays in the shotgun. We refuse to run the ball even though we have the personal to do it.

Sirianni is fraud and he needs to go. We are wasting talent with this coaching staff.

I guarantee the post game interview will be “we need to do better. I stand by our coaches and staff”. Then we come out next week with zero changes."
The Eagles call literally the same 5 plays.
Remember when Reid used to scheme for the opponent week to week? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Yup, it’s over. We have no chance against Tampa next week.
Guy has clearly lost the locker room
10-1 to 11-6. What an epic collapse. Remember when the biggest question was when will the Eagles play a complete game? Now the question is how bad will the Eagles lose in the first round and which coaches will be back next season.
I'll say it yet again: Sirianni has 100% lost this team. They have quit. They will not play for him, period. He has got to go.
Deja Entendu

Re: Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

Post by Deja Entendu »

I wish they’d leak the time!

I imagine they’re waiting because tonight’s game will impact who gets the “premium” time slots.
acmillis

Re: Buccaneers win third consecutive division title, Eagles comes to Tampa Round 1

Post by acmillis »

Bald eagle, spread eagle, legal eagle, don’t matter, Philly by at least 14.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Someone hasn’t watched the Eagles lately.
Last edited by Deja Entendu on Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I hope this doesn’t turn out like Red Sox vs Rays where you have more green in the stands than red. But fans in area this year seem very apathetic towards team and from what I heard, Week 3 was more than 50% Philly fans. Hope Bucs fans get tix.
Snake

Post by Snake »

If AJ Brown isnt playing, I actually take the Buccaneers in this game…
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:07 pm I hope this doesn’t turn out like Red Sox vs Rays where you have more green in the stands than red. But fans in area this year seem very apathetic towards team and from what I heard, Week 3 was more than 50% Philly fans. Hope Bucs fans get tix.
No worries. I'll be at the game
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Watching the Bucs the past couple games inspires hope I guess.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:07 pm I hope this doesn’t turn out like Red Sox vs Rays where you have more green in the stands than red. But fans in area this year seem very apathetic towards team and from what I heard, Week 3 was more than 50% Philly fans. Hope Bucs fans get tix.
Eagles fans are defeated and most have no hope, but the weather here is miserable right now. Also, Bucs’ ticket holders seem to suck. Expect a lot of green.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Onthebrink wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:10 pm Watching the Bucs the past couple games inspires hope I guess.
I’ll take our last month of football over theirs.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:14 pm
Onthebrink wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:10 pm Watching the Bucs the past couple games inspires hope I guess.
I’ll take our last month of football over theirs.
/thread

I guess the Eagles could turn it on. But Vegas doesn’t seem to think so.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

It’s exciting to be in the playoffs but we feel like frauds so it’s hard to get too excited

I can’t see this team ever beating the cowboys, ravens, or 49ers to name a few
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Game will be Monday night
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Hey look… we get to lose to PHI at home on MNF twice in one season!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Monday Night game. Not sure how I feel about that. It does give both teams more time to heal.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

I would like to know what the decision-making criteria was used in making the Eagles at the Bucs a Monday Night Game. I would think there are more interesting games to be shown in prime time.
Snake

Post by Snake »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:03 pm I would like to know what the decision-making criteria was used in making the Eagles at the Bucs a Monday Night Game. I would think there are more interesting games to be shown in prime time.
The Eagles are a derailed train that everybody wants to see drive off the cliff…

Or turn it back around. Everybody wants to see how this plays out.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:03 pm I would like to know what the decision-making criteria was used in making the Eagles at the Bucs a Monday Night Game. I would think there are more interesting games to be shown in prime time.
I think seeding has a lot to do with it. Both #2 seeds host the normal Sunday afternoon slates. 3 & 4 seeds are either on Saturday or Monday or in Detroits case Primetime Sunday.
Most hated man in America.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Was surprised by that because 1) We already played the Eagles on MNF this year and 2) We were the MNF playoff game last year.

A lot of times networks have their choice of picks. It usually rotates every year. Maybe ESPN got the last pick this year. Last year, they prolly got the first pick and wanted Tampa-Dallas.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I agree. Yes more time before the Wild Card round, but less time before the divisional round. I think the suits are expecting Buccaneer destruction on prime time, before the Eagle's destruction on the following Saturday. Creative game scheduling to ensure the highest chance that the Cowboys face the Niners in the NFC Championship game.

Cynical? Sure!

Why should I trust the NFL suits to be fair?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Geez...the low temperature in KC next Sat. night expected to be -2 degrees.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:19 pm I agree. Yes more time before the Wild Card round, but less time before the divisional round. I think the suits are expecting Buccaneer destruction on prime time, before the Eagle's destruction on the following Saturday. Creative game scheduling to ensure the highest chance that the Cowboys face the Niners in the NFC Championship game.

Cynical? Sure!

How does scheduling the Buccaneers for Monday night help ensure that outcome?
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

I feel like we lose on MNF more often than not
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:59 pm It’s exciting to be in the playoffs but we feel like frauds so it’s hard to get too excited

I can’t see this team ever beating the cowboys, ravens, or 49ers to name a few
Considering the 49ers Ravens game, who do you think will beat the Ravens? And Cowboys are not beating either of those
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:32 pm
Xandtar wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:19 pm I agree. Yes more time before the Wild Card round, but less time before the divisional round. I think the suits are expecting Buccaneer destruction on prime time, before the Eagle's destruction on the following Saturday. Creative game scheduling to ensure the highest chance that the Cowboys face the Niners in the NFC Championship game.

Cynical? Sure!

How does scheduling the Buccaneers for Monday night help ensure that outcome?
No matter who wins the next game will be only five days later, probably against a team that played the prior Saturday and so will have more prep time. I expect both the Rams and Packers to lose setting up a Detroit-Cowboys matchup and then the on-five-days-rest 4-or-5 seed plays the 13-days-rest Niners, in San Francisco. The Cowboys have the home game and the better record at home and if they win in Dallas again, it's Dallas in San Francisco for the NFC Championship game.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

You guys are bunch of sourpusses. Enjoy this achievement. We are not losers! this game was ugly but, Carolina has always played us well. Their Dline is tough. JC Horn is a special player. Lets hope Belichick doesn't chose them.

All that aside, out of all of the teams in the playoffs PHI is the one team we are lucky to draw. All of the others have been hot. If Playoff Deee Todd shows up, we got a shot. With that I mean the year we won the SB, his DF play calling was very good.

The only rational I have for them putting us on MN is so hurts and AJ can get healthy. Honestly that helps us with White and Baker.

Boys stop puttin this squad down , when many of you said we would only win 5 games.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Just got 4 tickets and a flight!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:07 am Just got 4 tickets and a flight!
But we don't even know where we're playing in the divisional round
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:11 am
uscbucsfan1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:07 am Just got 4 tickets and a flight!
But we don't even know where we're playing in the divisional round
wtf???? why hate on a guy that is happy
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

The Bucs are a subpar team by playoff standards but I've spent the last hour doing a deep dive on the Eagles and they are in bad shape. They were already collapsing and now both AJ Brown and Hurts are injured. We might honestly be a justifiable favorite in this game and I can't believe I am typing that
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

The Eagles offense isn't there biggest problem. That defense has fallen off majorly. Allowing the 3rd most points in the league. Evans and Godwin should feast in this game.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Cynical? Sure!

The two teams that win on Saturday, will be playing next Saturday and the winner of the Eagles/Bucs game will be on Sunday next week, not Saturday.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Little tid-bit... this is the 4th year we've have 14 playoff teams. In the 3 prior years, in the NFC, there's been at least 1 upset in the first round each year. The tells me that if we win, we could be heading to Detroit or Dallas next week, not San Fran. If I were a gambling man, I'd bet that we play at Dallas, if we're not the higher seed to lose.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

If the Packers and Rams win and we also win we'd host a 2nd playoff game against the Rams. If we win that game and the Packers beat the 49ers, we'd host the NFC Championship game.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

We punched our ticket and we’re in.
What we do now is up to the Bucs wanting it more.
Just don’t let the Iggles get to the 1 yd line.