Week 18 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
kaimaru

Re: Week 18 Discussion

Post by kaimaru »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm
Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:31 am

In answer to your first question, the best non-QB in the draft is Marvin Harrison Jr by a large margin. If the Bears add him to their roster to pair with DJ Moore, that would infinitely help whoever quarterbacks the Bears next season.

I've given my opinion on this subject before, but in the interest of discussion I'll give it again.

The Bears are a better team than people think, at least recently.
They went 5-3 in their last eight games of the year, and two of those losses were one score losses to playoff teams (lost by 5 points to the Lions and 3 points to the Browns).

If I'm the Bears, I stick with Fields and build the team around him. I trade a few slots down from the #1 overall slot and take the aforementioned Marvin Harrison Jr in the second or third spot of the draft ideally. But if no one wants to trade with me, I take Marvin Jr at the top of the draft and that's perfectly fine, the dude is a bonafide stud. The Bears also have another great pick at #8 overall, so I can grab another stud there, or conversely trade down and get two or three studs.

The Bears are a good offseason away from competing for their division and a playoff spot, and there's no reason why Fields can't be the captain of that ship.
Fields is good, but if they think Caleb Williams or Drake Maye can be great and they see more talent in them, you trade Fields for a No. 1 with someone in the top 10, and now you’ve got 3 top 10 picks. I would imagine the Falcons would overpay for Fields to bring him home, so that would be a suitor. The WR pool is also deep, so if you don’t get Harrison, you could get Nabers or Odunze and still significantly upgrade.
I really don't know why so many think Caleb Williams will do anything but be a bust. I have no friends who are into college football that watches college football thinks he's that good. Add in the fact he seems to be as immature and not self-aware on a Winston level, and yeah. Someone will take him, but he won't even have Winston's career
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

2022 caleb was an immaculate talent

2023 took a big step back
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:42 pm 2022 caleb was an immaculate talent

2023 took a big step back
The talent is obvious and one gets the impression that he’s not particularly challenged at that level. But you still have to take the game seriously. Especially when you have one of the worst defenses in college football. Like bottom 5% defense.

It would definitely be a question I would ask him. His focus seems to wane. How is he going to stay focused when it’s his job for real? When there’s even more money and even more women, and even more distractions and bullshit.