Week 18 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: Week 18 Discussion

Post by BucsNBills »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:02 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:57 pm The Saints intentionally hurt players for money. They protected pedos. They targeted Godwin's knee. The city is the murder capital of the States and a nasty filthy place to live. Them doing a classless fake kneeldown for a touchdown is very on brand but the least of their sins. They're a garbage franchise that should've had their fraudulent Super Bowl title stripped away from them. Fuck the Saints, I wish them the worst.
You need to get laid.
You need to post at your teams correct message boards: https://saintsreport.com/forums/saints- ... n-board.2/ or https://blackandgold.com/saints/ . Pick one.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:02 am But I thought his teammates hated him....

I don't recall hearing anything about his teammates not liking him, I heard it was issues with Payton.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:24 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:02 am But I thought his teammates hated him....

I don't recall hearing anything about his teammates not liking him, I heard it was issues with Payton.
Many were saying he's a cancer in the locker room and people wanted him out.
Most hated man in America.
MRM

Post by MRM »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:02 pm Low class by the Saints

What's worse is Dennis Allen says he didn't know the team was gonna do this. Players went rogue according to him. So either he's throwing his team under the bus or they don't respect him.
What a low rent play. Not surprising by a classless organization and the fact Jameis was involved.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:26 pm
CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:24 pm

I listen to NFL Radio on Sirius/XM all the time and never once heard that. Not sure who those "Many" are.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

CannonFire wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:28 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:26 pm

I listen to NFL Radio on Sirius/XM all the time and never once heard that. Not sure who those "Many" are.
Just Google it.

https://defector.com/how-did-russell-wi ... e-so-hated

This was the first story and I barely read it where teammates and former teammates said he was a diva, cornball, acted like a manager instead of a player, etc.

There are a ton more.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah, you don’t have to look very far.

I’m sure there’s a handful of teammates who don’t give a shit about Wilson doing high knees through the aisle of the team plane, or having to schedule meetings to talk with him.

But many do give a shit.
Max

Post by Max »

I wouldn't be surprised if Jameis doesn't make a roster next year. He's clearly a backup at this point, and I don't think coaches are eager to fill that spot with a guy who can't be trusted.

Might sound hyperbolic, but he might be out of the league after this.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Max wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:46 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Jameis doesn't make a roster next year. He's clearly a backup at this point, and I don't think coaches are eager to fill that spot with a guy who can't be trusted.

He’ll be in the league for years if he wants to be.
Max

Post by Max »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:51 pm
Max wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:46 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Jameis doesn't make a roster next year. He's clearly a backup at this point, and I don't think coaches are eager to fill that spot with a guy who can't be trusted.

I think you're underestimating how much of a no-no this will be seen as by coaches, especially the old-school ones.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

LOL the first game he plays under center v the Falcons he’s going to get wreckt.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

CantonJester wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:49 am

LOL the first game he plays under center v the Falcons he’s going to get wreckt.
With that run game and defense they should probably consider signing him.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Plot twist. Jameis TO the Falcons.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:57 am Plot twist. Jameis TO the Falcons.
Pitts, Robinson, Drake London. If JW could control the turno.....nevermind.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:57 am Plot twist. Jameis TO the Falcons.
I don't imagine whoever their new head coach is would sign off.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I do think a trade for Fields will very much be in the conversation for the Falcons.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 am I do think a trade for Fields will very much be in the conversation for the Falcons.
That would be GREAT news for our Bucs!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:10 am I do think a trade for Fields will very much be in the conversation for the Falcons.
Depends on who they get for HC, but it's possible.

That said, I think he made the decision difficult for Chicago.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Whats Greg Roman up to these days?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:26 am
Depends on who they get for HC, but it's possible.

That said, I think he made the decision difficult for Chicago.
It appears they're keeping their coaching staff. Maybe the decision is already made? Not what I'd do, but to each their own.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Who is the highest rated non-QB in this years draft? If the Bears decide to keep Fields would it be wise to trade the #1 pick for a number of high picks to build a team around Fields?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

GreatTimes wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:02 am Who is the highest rated non-QB in this years draft? If the Bears decide to keep Fields would it be wise to trade the #1 pick for a number of high picks to build a team around Fields?
That's the million dollar question. They doubled down on Fields last year and traded the pick. They're right back in the top 10 with their own pick again this year.

The question I ask is: Can I reasonably expect to get similar production with the upside possibility of improved play and greater team success from a #1 pick QB on a rookie contract than I can get from Fields?

That answer to that question for me is a resounding "Yes."
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

GreatTimes wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:02 am Who is the highest rated non-QB in this years draft? If the Bears decide to keep Fields would it be wise to trade the #1 pick for a number of high picks to build a team around Fields?
I think it would be unwise for Bears to stick with Fields. This year was supposed to be the season where he takes off because of weapons like DJ Moore. Bears offensive struggles cannot simply be erased by surrounding him with more weapons imo.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I looked it up expecting that Chicago was one of the worst offenses in the league. They were 18th in scoring. Not great by any means but better than a lot of teams. Better than us.

They have some decisions to make, that's for sure. You're not getting a ton of value for Fields if you trade him. They have to be okay with that. But if they have a QB they love, you have to take him.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:20 am I looked it up expecting that Chicago was one of the worst offenses in the league. They were 18th in scoring. Not great by any means but better than a lot of teams. Better than us.

They have some decisions to make, that's for sure. You're not getting a ton of value for Fields if you trade him. They have to be okay with that. But if they have a QB they love, you have to take him.
That, and in a few months, you picking up that 5th year (fully guaranteed) option for Fields? If the answer is no, why keep him at all if your CHI.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:20 am I looked it up expecting that Chicago was one of the worst offenses in the league. They were 18th in scoring. Not great by any means but better than a lot of teams. Better than us.

That, and in a few months, you picking up that 5th year (fully guaranteed) option for Fields? If the answer is no, why keep him at all if your CHI.
Daniel Jones.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:41 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:37 am

Daniel Jones.
Yes, he is ass as well.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:55 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:41 am

Daniel Jones.
Yes, he is ass as well.
Ass that got a $40mil AAV deal. So its not a guarantee that Chicago moves on from Fields.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

In answer to your first question, the best non-QB in the draft is Marvin Harrison Jr by a large margin. If the Bears add him to their roster to pair with DJ Moore, that would infinitely help whoever quarterbacks the Bears next season.

I've given my opinion on this subject before, but in the interest of discussion I'll give it again.

The Bears are a better team than people think, at least recently.
They went 5-3 in their last eight games of the year, and two of those losses were one score losses to playoff teams (lost by 5 points to the Lions and 3 points to the Browns).

If I'm the Bears, I stick with Fields and build the team around him. I trade a few slots down from the #1 overall slot and take the aforementioned Marvin Harrison Jr in the second or third spot of the draft ideally. But if no one wants to trade with me, I take Marvin Jr at the top of the draft and that's perfectly fine, the dude is a bonafide stud. The Bears also have another great pick at #8 overall, so I can grab another stud there, or conversely trade down and get two or three studs.

The Bears are a good offseason away from competing for their division and a playoff spot, and there's no reason why Fields can't be the captain of that ship.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:57 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:55 am

Yes, he is ass as well.
Ass that got a $40mil AAV deal. So its not a guarantee that Chicago moves on from Fields.
What are you saying? I didn't say CHI would move on from Fields.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:57 am

He was saying that the Giants passed on the 5th year option on Daniel Jones and ended up having to pay him one year earlier and ended up sticking with him. Not willing to pick up the 5th year option doesn't mean they plan to move on from him after this year
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:31 am
In answer to your first question, the best non-QB in the draft is Marvin Harrison Jr by a large margin. If the Bears add him to their roster to pair with DJ Moore, that would infinitely help whoever quarterbacks the Bears next season.

I've given my opinion on this subject before, but in the interest of discussion I'll give it again.

The Bears are a better team than people think, at least recently.
They went 5-3 in their last eight games of the year, and two of those losses were one score losses to playoff teams (lost by 5 points to the Lions and 3 points to the Browns).

If I'm the Bears, I stick with Fields and build the team around him. I trade a few slots down from the #1 overall slot and take the aforementioned Marvin Harrison Jr in the second or third spot of the draft ideally. But if no one wants to trade with me, I take Marvin Jr at the top of the draft and that's perfectly fine, the dude is a bonafide stud. The Bears also have another great pick at #8 overall, so I can grab another stud there, or conversely trade down and get two or three studs.

The Bears are a good offseason away from competing for their division and a playoff spot, and there's no reason why Fields can't be the captain of that ship.
Fields is good, but if they think Caleb Williams or Drake Maye can be great and they see more talent in them, you trade Fields for a No. 1 with someone in the top 10, and now you’ve got 3 top 10 picks. I would imagine the Falcons would overpay for Fields to bring him home, so that would be a suitor. The WR pool is also deep, so if you don’t get Harrison, you could get Nabers or Odunze and still significantly upgrade.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:44 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:32 am

He was saying that the Giants passed on the 5th year option on Daniel Jones and ended up having to pay him one year earlier and ended up sticking with him. Not willing to pick up the 5th year option doesn't mean they plan to move on from him after this year
Exactly
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:31 am If I'm the Bears, I stick with Fields and build the team around him. I trade a few slots down from the #1 overall slot and take the aforementioned Marvin Harrison Jr in the second or third spot of the draft ideally. But if no one wants to trade with me, I take Marvin Jr at the top of the draft and that's perfectly fine, the dude is a bonafide stud. The Bears also have another great pick at #8 overall, so I can grab another stud there, or conversely trade down and get two or three studs.

MHJ and either Alt or Latham as a tackle. Or give Fields another weapon with Bowers, who's also one of the better blocking TEs in the draft.