Week 18 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Week 18 Discussion

Post by Bootz »

Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Re: Week 18 Discussion

Post by Bootz »

Here's how the playoffs would look if the season ended today.

NFC

#1- 49ers

#7 Packers ⬆️ @ #2 Cowboys ⬆️
#6 Rams @ #3 Lions
#5 Eagles ⬇️@ #4 Buccaneers

AFC

#1- Ravens

#7 Colts @ #2 Dolphins
#6 Bills @ #3 Chiefs
#5 Browns @ #4 Jaguars
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

If we lose, burn it down…burn it all down. If we win, we lose to PHI by eleventy billion and then burn it all down.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Week 18 Clinching Scenarios

The Packers clinch a wild card with a win.

The Seahawks clinch a wild card with a win and a Packers loss.

The Vikings clinch a wild card with a win, a Packers loss, a Saints loss and a Seahawks loss.

The Cowboys clinch the NFC East with a win or an Eagles loss.

The Eagles clinch the NFC East with a win and a Cowboys loss.

The Buccaneers clinch the NFC South with a win.

The Saints-Falcons winner clinches the NFC South with a Buccaneers loss.

The Saints clinch a wild card with a win and a Packers and Seahawks loss.

The Dolphins-Bills winner clinches the AFC East.

The Jaguars clinch the AFC South with a win.

The Colts-Texans winner clinches a playoff berth, and clinches the AFC South with a Jaguars loss.

The Steelers clinch a wild card with a win and either a Bills or Jaguars loss.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Ya know - it just dawned on me that White is trying to hit his record. Is it possible that is why he was given so many run opportunities yesterday? I mean if the many has money connected with hitting that goal I could see the team wanting him to have it. Could that be why we would not give up on the run and him specifically??
I said what I said

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:55 pm Ya know - it just dawned on me that White is trying to hit his record. Is it possible that is why he was given so many run opportunities yesterday? I mean if the many has money connected with hitting that goal I could see the team wanting him to have it. Could that be why we would not give up on the run and him specifically??
If the coaching staff is that fucking dense, they need to be fired before the next game.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:55 pm Ya know - it just dawned on me that White is trying to hit his record. Is it possible that is why he was given so many run opportunities yesterday? I mean if the many has money connected with hitting that goal I could see the team wanting him to have it. Could that be why we would not give up on the run and him specifically??
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:45 pm
If the coaching staff is that fucking dense, they need to be fired before the next game.
This. I can't imagine we'd be trying to get him 1000 yards without having the playoffs secured
Backside

Post by Backside »

I highly doubt that incentives are built into his rookie contract. He also rushed 11 times? Hardly forcing the issue.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Everyone loves establishing the run until it's hard to establish. Loves running it on 3rd and 1 until you get stuffed.

While coaches have spoken to supporting player hitting incentives, I think this is just us being us. Come the 4th quarter we WANT the run to be a legit threat, particularly on 3rd downs, even if it took is all game to establish it.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

After watching the Lions-Cowboys game, I'm glad we will likely face the Eagles. The Eagles defense just seems porous and Hurts still doesn't seem to be playing with mojo. Dak and Cowboys defense on the other hand have been pretty solid in two recent tough matchups.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:18 pm After watching the Lions-Cowboys game, I'm glad we will likely face the Eagles. The Eagles defense just seems porous and Hurts still doesn't seem to be playing with mojo. Dak and Cowboys defense on the other hand have been pretty solid in two recent tough matchups.
First the Buccaneers have to win this Weekend. Let us hope they don't overlook the Panthers like you and @Bootz are.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Do it Licht, it's time to bring your boy home.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:38 pm
Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:18 pm After watching the Lions-Cowboys game, I'm glad we will likely face the Eagles. The Eagles defense just seems porous and Hurts still doesn't seem to be playing with mojo. Dak and Cowboys defense on the other hand have been pretty solid in two recent tough matchups.
First the Buccaneers have to win this Weekend. Let us hope they don't overlook the Panthers like you and @Bootz are.
I don't know what I will do with my life if Bucs lose against the Panthers. I refuse to be sucked into the idiotic Presidential race this early.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:28 pm Everyone loves establishing the run until it's hard to establish. Loves running it on 3rd and 1 until you get stuffed.

While coaches have spoken to supporting player hitting incentives, I think this is just us being us. Come the 4th quarter we WANT the run to be a legit threat, particularly on 3rd downs, even if it took is all game to establish it.
While there is some truth here, there's a fine line between determination in the face of adversity and repetition in the face of futility.

I love the run game. If I could get away with it, I would run it damn near every down. So I say the following as a feverish disciple of the run game religion.

When you're grinding out forceful carries against a stout defense, I will be the first to say that they have an additive effect and will pay dividends later in the game as it progresses. But when you are getting repeatedly stuffed for minimal or negative yardage, and that continues the trend of your squad having the fewest yards per game in your league, one could say (and rightly) that you aren't playing to your team's strengths and you need to find more creative ways of moving the ball.

First down inside zone runs right up Hainsey's ass for one yard is a wasted down and a bad play call. The fact that we do that ALL THE TIME is egregious and poor form from our coaching staff.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Buccaneers run game in 2023 (through 16 games):

- 3.4 yards per carry (last in NFL)
- 71 first downs (31st in NFL)
- 410 rushing attempts (22nd in NFL)
- 87.3 rushing yards per game (31st in NFL)
- Rachaad White is LAST among all NFL rushers in "rush yards over expected", with -103.

They also like running the ball up the middle. A lot. with a non-power back.

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yeeessss, we know this. But a lot of this is skewed by really poor play early on. As we keep gelling and gaining comfort we've been way better.

The run game has come a hell of a long way from being bottom league bad. Its still got ways to go. And it will. Everyone is still young and haven't peaked.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Consensus up here in the Philly market is that if the Eagles lose Sunday to the Giants, they need not go to Tampa/Atlanta/New Orleans because by then, the team will have quit and won't win, regardless of which NFC South team wins.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:04 pm Consensus up here in the Philly market is that if the Eagles lose Sunday to the Giants, they need not go to Tampa/Atlanta/New Orleans because by then, the team will have quit and won't win, regardless of which NFC South team wins.
Bowles: hold my beer…
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

At least we don't have the worst owner anymore. Remember Hugh Culverhouse?
National Football League said it fined Carolina Panthers’ chairman David Tepper $300,000 for his unacceptable conduct in Jacksonville during Sunday’s game. All NFL personnel are expected to conduct themselves at all times in ways that respect our fans and favorably reflect on their team and the NFL.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Rookies do not get incentives. They get paid what they get paid
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:42 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:28 pm Everyone loves establishing the run until it's hard to establish. Loves running it on 3rd and 1 until you get stuffed.

While there is some truth here, there's a fine line between determination in the face of adversity and repetition in the face of futility.

I love the run game. If I could get away with it, I would run it damn near every down. So I say the following as a feverish disciple of the run game religion.

When you're grinding out forceful carries against a stout defense, I will be the first to say that they have an additive effect and will pay dividends later in the game as it progresses. But when you are getting repeatedly stuffed for minimal or negative yardage, and that continues the trend of your squad having the fewest yards per game in your league, one could say (and rightly) that you aren't playing to your team's strengths and you need to find more creative ways of moving the ball.

First down inside zone runs right up Hainsey's ass for one yard is a wasted down and a bad play call. The fact that we do that ALL THE TIME is egregious and poor form from our coaching staff.
Rashaad is made for wide zone and our oline is a better at gap running
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

CannonFire wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:04 pm Consensus up here in the Philly market is that if the Eagles lose Sunday to the Giants, they need not go to Tampa/Atlanta/New Orleans because by then, the team will have quit and won't win, regardless of which NFC South team wins.
I was at the Eagles game (the things we do for our children!) and while they were up 21-6, almost everyone around me had zero confidence they could win the game.

Meanwhile my delusional ass was watching the Bucs on my phone thinking we’d come back down 17. It was pretty funny… yet also very sad.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I’m very much looking forward to eliminating the Eagles from the playoffs again.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:33 pm
Actually, they do get incentives, for certain things, like percentage of playing time etc. (Highlights are from the article and are not mine)

I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Se we are all Giants fans on Sunday then. Got it.
I said what I said

CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:09 pm
Se we are all Giants fans on Sunday then. Got it.
In theory, yes. In reality, when was the last time anyone (outside of Philly), said Eagles fans knew what they were talking about?
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Deja Entendu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:41 pm
I was at the Eagles game (the things we do for our children!) and while they were up 21-6, almost everyone around me had zero confidence they could win the game.

Meanwhile my delusional ass was watching the Bucs on my phone thinking we’d come back down 17. It was pretty funny… yet also very sad.
LOL, I felt the exact opposite in both. I figured the Eagles had their game wrapped up and was wondering if the Bucs would avoid getting shutout.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:37 pm Yeeessss, we know this. But a lot of this is skewed by really poor play early on. As we keep gelling and gaining comfort we've been way better.

The run game has come a hell of a long way from being bottom league bad. Its still got ways to go. And it will. Everyone is still young and haven't peaked.
So give us a breakdown on the first 8 games vs the last 8 games then.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

AJ Brown is the man
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Indeed
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Imagine if fans actually understood this.. Just Imagine. Bucs fans would NEVER.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:33 pm

Actually, they do get incentives, for certain things, like percentage of playing time etc. (Highlights are from the article and are not mine)

I checked and yes playing time, not getting 1000 yards
Snake

Post by Snake »

This Flacco thing is great. Much better than having a sexual predator and expensive bust at quarterback.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:26 pm

This Flacco thing is great. Much better than having a sexual predator and expensive bust at quarterback.
Also shows how lame he is. Tom Brady would NEVER say shit like this.