Russell Wilson To Tampa 2024

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Central_Buc

Russell Wilson To Tampa 2024

Post by Central_Buc »

https://thepewterplank.com/posts/buccan ... -offseason

https://www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/news/ ... ell-wilson

There are a couple of articles circulating regarding Russell Wilson as a possible landing spot in Tampa. I think the reason being is his familiarity with Canals. What are your takes or ideas on this?

I think Russell is a fine QB and was just a bad fit in Denver.

Some key points to consider is Baker will cost less, a contract that will allow us to keep Evans.

Also bringing in Wilson isn't going to be cheap on the cap. However I think Wilson can do without Evans more so than Baker.

Though it would be sweet to see Wilson and Evans if it can be figured out cap wise.

A lot will depend on performances the next few weeks.
Kress

Re: Russell Wilson To Tampa 2024

Post by Kress »

Sign Favre?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Click slave
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

LoL. Jesus Christ
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

No to Russ
HELL NAW TO THE NAW NAW NAW on Baker
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:37 am No to Russ
You're one miserable f*ck
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:13 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:37 am No to Russ
You're one miserable f*ck
Miserable? No.
Willing to settle for mediocre quarterback play? Also, no.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

No. If we’re rebuilding just draft someone. Full reset button.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Wilson is still potentially a hell of a QB. He's absolute cancer in a locker room and I don't want him in the same state as my team
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

FUCK no.

No more washed up QBs. Please.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

98 QB rating 26/8 TD/INT ratio. 67% completion%. Doesn't sound washed up to me. I'd hate to see who you guys think are better realistic options. Gonna go out on a limb and say no one has a name.
Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:54 pm 98 QB rating 26/8 TD/INT ratio. 67% completion%. Doesn't sound washed up to me. I'd hate to see who you guys think are better realistic options. Gonna go out on a limb and say no one has a name.
I’d rather have Russ than Baker, but not at 50M per year.
Draft a rookie, play Trask next year, profit.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:57 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:54 pm 98 QB rating 26/8 TD/INT ratio. 67% completion%. Doesn't sound washed up to me. I'd hate to see who you guys think are better realistic options. Gonna go out on a limb and say no one has a name.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me you know you're not to be taken seriously without telling me you know you're not to be taken seriously.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:01 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tell me you know you're not to be taken seriously without telling me you know you're not to be taken seriously.
Tell me you’d settle for a shit sandwich without telling me you’d settle for a shit sandwich.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:01 pm

Tell me you’d settle for a shit sandwich without telling me you’d settle for a shit sandwich.
You just did with your blanket statement of "draft a rookie and start Trask". Tells me exactly what you've said for years. You don't really care, you just know who you don't want ala your "Anyone but Winston" period.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:07 pm

You just did with your blanket statement of "draft a rookie and start Trask". Tells me exactly what you've said for years. You don't really care, you just know who you don't want ala your "Anyone but Winston" period.
Yes…that’s right.
Look. Baker is McDonald’s. Quick, easy, leaves you feeling like you need to shit your pants.
Rookies are that tiny little Mexican restaurant that all of the online reviews rave about, but you’re skeptical. But, that little place costs 1/5 as much as McDonald’s, and has a 50/50 shit at being better than McDonald’s.
Give me that mystery with the options available to us.
…yes, I’m fat.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I want to say no at first. But Russ could actually unironically be cheaper than Baker and could be signed to a shorter term deal. I would kind of prefer to just go with Baker again, but I don’t really want to give him 4 years or pay him in the 30 million range. Russ could be the new Baker as gap QB with good value on a short term deal. Especially if the money difference could be enough to get Mike Evans to stay.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

And what’s wrong with me, a fan, knowing what I don’t want?
You’ll say, “you’re not offering any options.” Yeah, I’m not the GM, but I’ll trust whoever that is to choose the pick of the litter. I don’t have to be the best football mind because it’s not my job
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:11 pm I want to say no at first. But Russ could actually unironically be cheaper than Baker and could be signed to a shorter term deal. I would kind of prefer to just go with Baker again, but I don’t really want to give him 4 years or pay him in the 30 million range. Russ could be the new Baker as gap QB with good value on a short term deal. Especially if the money difference could be enough to get Mike Evans to stay.
Wilson will go to the highest bidder and I find it highly unlikely he’ll sign a smaller deal than Mayfield.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I used to be a fan of Russell Wilson. But he’s a bad leader. He does not adhere to any semblance of a system. He fumbles the ball a lot. He takes tons of sacks. He cant see the middle of the field, which is one of the reasons he bails on pockets constantly. He left Seattle because they wouldn’t capitulate to his demands and he put his personal accolades above the team. He wouldn’t play by Sean Payton’s rules or play in his system in Denver. Go read all the sharp fans’ comments about him. The general narrative is that his stats are a lie, and he does not elevate his teammates.

Just like every other offseason, you need to evaluate every position and see what’s out there. I trust they aren’t gonna go with a quarterback who ran himself out of town twice and isn’t a good leader.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:20 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:11 pm I want to say no at first. But Russ could actually unironically be cheaper than Baker and could be signed to a shorter term deal. I would kind of prefer to just go with Baker again, but I don’t really want to give him 4 years or pay him in the 30 million range. Russ could be the new Baker as gap QB with good value on a short term deal. Especially if the money difference could be enough to get Mike Evans to stay.
Wilson will go to the highest bidder and I find it highly unlikely he’ll sign a smaller deal than Mayfield.
I agree, but I’m just saying it’s possible he gets less offers than Baker because he’s older and his current narrative isn’t as positive as Baker’s. I’ve also seen rumors that Sean Payton likes Baker and other teams are considering pursuing him. If this scenario plays out, I would take Russ for the smaller price tag. If not, I would just prefer Baker. If both get too expensive then maybe just draft someone or find someone else for cheap. Unless you have someone you consider to be elite and somewhat in/before their prime, you should put yourself in position to have your options open at QB.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Y’all know we’re gonna sign Cousins, right?!?!
#joking….maybe
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cousins>Wilson>Msyfield>Trask
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

In a vacuum, I could understand wanting to sign a guy like Russell Wilson. Experienced, Superbowl ring, pro bowl ceiling, yaddy yaddy yada.

Putting questions about Wilson specifically aside, what I don't understand is why you would let a guy like Baker go and then sign Wilson in his stead. To save a few million, maybe I guess. So you wouldn't be cornered into a multi-year extension, again I suppose that's a point. But I imagine the savings you get would be minimal at best.

If you want a veteran, keep the devil you know I say. If you want a bridge QB to your favorite rookie savior, I don't see why Baker and/or Trask couldn't be that bridge.

What would Wilson bring that Baker doesn't bring already, aside from rumors of being a bad teammate and prima Donna that got him out of Seattle and (likely) out of Denver the same way? Say what you will about Baker, but those types of rumors aren't fired his direction.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Wilson?? No. Too much of a Diva, a cancer.

Baker? In my opinion, yes. The Locker room likes him, the staff does as well, and he seems to reciprocate in kind.

Yeak, he has has a bad game or two. Name me a Bucs QB who didn't.

Vinnie Testaverde
Steve DeBerg
Brad Johnson
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Brian Griese
Chris Simms
Josh Freeman
Jameis Winston
Jeff Garcia
Shaun King
FitzTragic
Tom Brady

All of these guys had bad games, some (most) had multiple bad games in a season.
Baker started out here similar to Brady... Nothing synchronized, until a few games were played, and we started to see the team come together. IN THAT INTERIM, there was no blame cast, just players taking responsibility and/or supporting each other. Late in the season, the team pulled it together, despite some bad time management/coaching.

I'll tell ya what, I would take an 80% win/loss record.

Those advocates for tanking for the draft just need to check in with Carolina and see how WELL their First-Pick- Overall is doing.

Don't give up on Baker.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:03 pm Wilson?? No. Too much of a Diva, a cancer.

Baker? In my opinion, yes. The Locker room likes him, the staff does as well, and he seems to reciprocate in kind.

Vinnie Testaverde
Steve DeBerg
Brad Johnson
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Brian Griese
Chris Simms
Josh Freeman
Jameis Winston
Jeff Garcia
Shaun King
FitzTragic
Tom Brady

All of these guys had bad games, some (most) had multiple bad games in a season.
Baker started out here similar to Brady... Nothing synchronized, until a few games were played, and we started to see the team come together. IN THAT INTERIM, there was no blame cast, just players taking responsibility and/or supporting each other. Late in the season, the team pulled it together, despite some bad time management/coaching.

Those advocates for tanking for the draft just need to check in with Carolina and see how WELL their First-Pick- Overall is doing.

Don't give up on Baker.
No offense to you, but I HATE when people say, “he’s not that bad bc look at the players we’ve had on this team from years passed.
This franchise is literally the worst in team sports history…ever. Saying Jameis is our all time passing leader shouldn’t be a comparison we should be proud of. We shouldn’t settle for Baker bc he hasn’t been as bad as other Bucs qb, we should look for the best option for the future (not just next season)…and it ain’t Baker.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:08 pm
Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:03 pm Wilson?? No. Too much of a Diva, a cancer.

Vinnie Testaverde
Steve DeBerg
Brad Johnson
Trent Dilfer
Doug Williams
Brian Griese
Chris Simms
Josh Freeman
Jameis Winston
Jeff Garcia
Shaun King
FitzTragic
Tom Brady

Don't give up on Baker.
No offense to you, but I HATE when people say, “he’s not that bad bc look at the players we’ve had on this team from years passed.
This franchise is literally the worst in team sports history…ever. Saying Jameis is our all time passing leader shouldn’t be a comparison we should be proud of. We shouldn’t settle for Baker bc he hasn’t been as bad as other Bucs qb, we should look for the best option for the future (not just next season)…and it ain’t Baker.
Who is it, then?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:20 pm

Who is it, then?
Whatever draftee our gm likes, after sitting a year behind Trask
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:51 pm In a vacuum, I could understand wanting to sign a guy like Russell Wilson. Experienced, Superbowl ring, pro bowl ceiling, yaddy yaddy yada.

Putting questions about Wilson specifically aside, what I don't understand is why you would let a guy like Baker go and then sign Wilson in his stead. To save a few million, maybe I guess. So you wouldn't be cornered into a multi-year extension, again I suppose that's a point. But I imagine the savings you get would be minimal at best.

If you want a veteran, keep the devil you know I say. If you want a bridge QB to your favorite rookie savior, I don't see why Baker and/or Trask couldn't be that bridge.

What would Wilson bring that Baker doesn't bring already, aside from rumors of being a bad teammate and prima Donna that got him out of Seattle and (likely) out of Denver the same way? Say what you will about Baker, but those types of rumors aren't fired his direction.

For all I know Wolford is waiting to be Purdy.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Don't know who I want but I don't think I want Wilson and the drama that seems to follow him.

I'd like to get better than Baker but don't know who that is. Don't know enough about the possibilities
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Who is it, then?
He doesn't care.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Who is it, then?
JJ McCarthy baby!
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:21 pm
Who is it, then?
He doesn't care.
Hooked on phonics broseph, check it out.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:11 pm

Yes…that’s right.
Look. Baker is McDonald’s. Quick, easy, leaves you feeling like you need to shit your pants.
Rookies are that tiny little Mexican restaurant that all of the online reviews rave about, but you’re skeptical. But, that little place costs 1/5 as much as McDonald’s, and has a 50/50 shit at being better than McDonald’s.
Give me that mystery with the options available to us.
…yes, I’m fat.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:29 pm
Who is it, then?
Whatever draftee our gm likes, after sitting a year behind Trask
Sitting a year behind...Trask? Why not dump trask and extend Baker?
Problem is, that's no guarantee. Our second round pick (Trask) has yet to start a game.

Jameis was supposed to be our savior, now he's what, 3rd in New Orleans?
How many first tier rookie (or second year) QBs are out there?
Like I said, Carolina traded the farm for the first pic only to EARN the next First Pick (oops... That goes to Da Bears) because their QBotF was unremarkable. Either scouting sucked, or there is more to picking these guys than most GMs know.

Snake says "JJ McCarthy!" I'd be ok with that, I wouldn't mind Penix Jr as well. I don't know amything about the rest of the "crop", and TBH, there ain't no guarantee that these guys would be better than Baker.

I figure that Trask is a dumpster fire, or we should have seen/heard something by now. That's what gets me the most... You never even HEAR anything about him.

I understand that at some point, you gotta train/replace the starting QB, and I swear, if they say "Trask is our boy" and he sucks? Imma just walk away.