Anyone feeling positive about next week

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Re: Anyone feeling positive about next week

Post by Babeinbucland »

Nobody wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:57 pm Totally. Pretending that wild horse of an “F game” yesterday can just be bridled and stabled on command is some serious magical thinking.

Is so many ways and in so many games, then entire season was the season of magical thinking
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

GoldenBudda wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:34 pm Just when I think I know who this team is, they prove they're not who I thought they were.

Carolina sucks. They can't beat anyone. However, let's not underestimate this team's ability to straight out lose a game.

If this team plays the way it played last Sunday, we have no chance at winning even against the NFL's worst team.

As to the thread's question, how could any Bucs fan be feeling positive after what we just witnessed?
I think most of us are just feelinG traumatized lol
I said what I said

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

I bet on Tampa winning the division before the season and would love a win this week. I could hedge the bet, but I just don’t see us losing this game and am letting it ride as is.

Carolina is ass, we have a playoff spot riding on it. We are not going to lose
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:58 pm
GoldenBudda wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:34 pm Just when I think I know who this team is, they prove they're not who I thought they were.

Carolina sucks. They can't beat anyone. However, let's not underestimate this team's ability to straight out lose a game.

If this team plays the way it played last Sunday, we have no chance at winning even against the NFL's worst team.

As to the thread's question, how could any Bucs fan be feeling positive after what we just witnessed?
I think most of us are just feelinG traumatized lol
Glad someone admits most of these stupid "oh no, the scary Panthers" posts are people being dramatic and overly emotional.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:43 pm I bet on Tampa winning the division before the season and would love a win this week. I could hedge the bet, but I just don’t see us losing this game and am letting it ride as is.

Thank you. People are only embarrassing themselves pretending Carolina is all of a sudden a dangerous team.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I believe that 13F11B is the only person who feel that way..
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

If the Bucs can shake yesterday’s abomination off, not only am I confident they get it done in Carolina, I like them to beat the Eagles in the WC round.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:17 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:43 pm I bet on Tampa winning the division before the season and would love a win this week. I could hedge the bet, but I just don’t see us losing this game and am letting it ride as is.

Thank you. People are only embarrassing themselves pretending Carolina is all of a sudden a dangerous team.
Didn’t we only beat them by 3 just a few weeks ago? I believe it was on our home field, too. If they’re ass and we can barely beat them at home, what does that make us?
Snake

Post by Snake »

https://buczone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4749

^ the last time Bootz was this confident.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Lulz
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:32 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:17 pm

Didn’t we only beat them by 3 just a few weeks ago? I believe it was on our home field, too. If they’re ass and we can barely beat them at home, what does that make us?
By that logic we shouldn't have any other wins since we can only be judged by what we did against 1 cherry picked team.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:40 am
Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:32 am

By that logic we shouldn't have any other wins since we can only be judged by what we did against 1 cherry picked team.
Yeah, but it’s a division game. Carolina beat Atlanta at home a few weeks ago. Are we better than Atl? Based on our games with them this year, we’re about the same.

Yeah, I get we should win and all, but calling any NFL game a lock is stupid. Just ask the Eagles. We’re not good enough to be a lock against the 1976 Bucs.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:59 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:40 am

Yeah, but it’s a division game. Carolina beat Atlanta at home a few weeks ago. Are we better than Atl? Based on our games with them this year, we’re about the same.

Yeah, I get we should win and all, but calling any NFL game a lock is stupid. Just ask the Eagles. We’re not good enough to be a lock against the 1976 Bucs.
So you're saying we're going to lose? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. "We only beat Carolina by 3 at home" but you ignore that we have 7 other wins. Logic isn't adding up.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

This is such a binary game.

Win and you get the division plus another year+ of Baker/Bowles. Lose? I think everyone gets canned.

I honestly don't know what I want? Flip a coin and decide while it's in the air I guess.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Hilarious people foolishly believe the future of this regime rests on the result of 1 game. By that logic if Baker balls out like he did in Green Bay, we need to write him a blank check and give Bowles a lifetime contract.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:11 am
Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:59 am

So you're saying we're going to lose? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. "We only beat Carolina by 3 at home" but you ignore that we have 7 other wins. Logic isn't adding up.
I'm saying calling us a lock to win is an incredibly stupid thing to say.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:18 am This is such a binary game.

Win and you get the division plus another year+ of Baker/Bowles. Lose? I think everyone gets canned.

I honestly don't know what I want? Flip a coin and decide while it's in the air I guess.
I don't mind another year of Baker no matter what happens in the next game. Because I personally thought Baker was pretty good in the losing effort to the Saints. Once the burden was solely put on his shoulders early in 4th quarter, he made great plays and accurate clutch plays, which tells me he hasn't fully lost his mojo from the last two weeks.

Bowles is a different story. Licht has put a competent roster this year that is pretty healthy at this juncture. We should not be getting blown out by anyone in NFC playoffs and should not be in a position to score garbage time points in elimination games. Our defense has clearly regressed progressively since Bowles has been in Tampa. Canales is a newbie at his position, but a good HC would be in his OC's ear to help the flow of the game if the offense is being ineffective. We saw pathetic Dungy ball out there on Sunday even when down by 3 scores in a crucial game. Doesn't matter who is more responsible for this, you simply cannot win with that brand of football with a pass friendly offensive roster.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Yeah, obviously it's not just this one game, but the culmination of the regime comes down to this one game. Win the division, improve on last season's record, and we're kind of impressed with what you accomplished considering the cap situation. Lose and we have 34 games of data from Bowles and 17 from Baker that ended with back to back losses to mediocre/bad teams with everything on the line.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:23 am Hilarious people foolishly believe the future of this regime rests on the result of 1 game. By that logic if Baker balls out like he did in Green Bay, we need to write him a blank check and give Bowles a lifetime contract.
Are you REALLY that stupid to think that is what people are saying? Really?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:21 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:23 am Hilarious people foolishly believe the future of this regime rests on the result of 1 game. By that logic if Baker balls out like he did in Green Bay, we need to write him a blank check and give Bowles a lifetime contract.
I don't have to ask because I know you are that stupid to not understand what's being said.

If you need further explanation please don't hesitate to ask kiddo.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:24 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:21 am

I don't have to ask because I know you are that stupid to not understand what's being said.

If you need further explanation please don't hesitate to ask kiddo.
Thank you for removing all doubt Shirley.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

The problem with this is I’m not actually sure Bowles gets fired with a loss on Sunday.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:37 pm

The problem with this is I’m not actually sure Bowles gets fired with a loss on Sunday.
Other than the Glazers not wanting to buy out his contract I don’t see how they could justify keeping him.

You can’t lose how they just lost and then subsequently lose to the worst team in the league in a must win scenario and keep your job. That would be unacceptable.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Thats the thing, they don't have to justify it to anyone. Its their team.

This whole "job is on the line" stuff is usually just fan and media driven nonsense. These decision are weighed heavily and aren't put up all on a game of chance like a wager. These guys have full birds eye view of the whole process to a much high degree than anyone else. They aren't meeting with Licht and saying "Looks like a sound grand plan to me. I'm fully bought in and ready to trust the process. But only if things go well next week."

A few draft groupies clamoring for a savior reset isn't new and isn't going to sway the Glazers away from what is the best run era of the franchise's history.
Backside

Post by Backside »

I actually hope that is really is that dramatic win or lose, maybe stupid for one game. But it really is a pretty crucial game.

Win (handily, ideally): and you won 5 of 6 to close the year, won the division, and get to host a playoff game. Bowles and Canales should keep their jobs in that scenario, and Baker should get a contract that makes him the starter going into next year. We'd be picking at #20, so take BPA. Maybe BPA is a QB, who knows.

Lose: With everything on the line, you just lost to the worst team in the entire league. That would be a deserved firing. Our pick becomes WAY better and getting a new QB becomes a way more likely possibility. I would be fine cleaning house, and going whatever way the new regime wants with QB next year. I would still want to keep Licht in this scenario.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I would want to keep Licht in any scenario. He's a top 5 GM easy. I just don't see him firing Bowles. JL knows the game and knows things can go sideways, even vs the Panthers. The aren't winless. The 2 SB teams fell to Zach Wilson. Shit happens.

Bowles has succeeded where everyone said he and Baker would fail and Licht knows that doesn't change with next weeks game.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:02 pm I would want to keep Licht in any scenario. He's a top 5 GM easy. I just don't see him firing Bowles. JL knows the game and knows things can go sideways, even vs the Panthers. The aren't winless. The 2 SB teams fell to Zach Wilson. Shit happens.

Bowles has succeeded where everyone said he and Baker would fail and Licht knows that doesn't change with next weeks game.
If success is .500 should me in the nuts right now.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:51 pm
A few draft groupies clamoring for a savior reset isn't new and isn't going to sway the Glazers away from what is the best run era of the franchise's history.
Best run era of franchise history? You think Bowles coached teams are better than Dungy's Bucs?

Also are you telling me Gruden would have lost his job had the Bucs beaten JaMarcus Russell led Raiders in 08?

Their previous losses in 08 December were to three playoff caliber teams in competitive games. Sometimes that one game matters. It is only a 16 game season after all and the performance in a crucial game matters when your resume leading up to that point is pretty mediocre.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:02 pm
Losing to the worst team in the league with a home playoff game on the line would not be succeeding.

It would be a pretty unforgivable loss
Snake

Post by Snake »

You aren’t winning a SB with Bowles and Baker leading your team.

As a result, upgrades should be sought out.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

You evaluate a player on how he (please forgive me if I misgendered any of the players) performs throughout the season. Do you think that a QB he has won only half the games while the offense score on average around 20 points a game deserves to be given a high priced long term contract? Baker's prior 3 teams didn't think he was worth keeping around. I have to agree with those prior 3 teams that cut Baker loose.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Baker with his back against the wall is a Dangerous Baker.
He’ll be ready to play.
Can’t see the Moxie Boy going out like a lamb.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

TonyLip wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:18 pm Baker with his back against the wall is a Dangerous Baker.
He’ll be ready to play.
Can’t see the Moxie Boy going out like a lamb.
If we win with Baker playing well, the Glazers need to spend money on a smear campaign against Baker before the wild card weekend. I don't know what it is with the moxie boy and media praise/attention, seems to crash and burn when people are saying good things about him.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:51 pm Thats the thing, they don't have to justify it to anyone. Its their team.

This whole "job is on the line" stuff is usually just fan and media driven nonsense. These decision are weighed heavily and aren't put up all on a game of chance like a wager. These guys have full birds eye view of the whole process to a much high degree than anyone else. They aren't meeting with Licht and saying "Looks like a sound grand plan to me. I'm fully bought in and ready to trust the process. But only if things go well next week."

It’s called Black Monday for a reason.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:05 pm You aren’t winning a SB with...
The cowards holy grail.
Didn't we kill this with Donovan Smith?