Anyone feeling positive about next week

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
13F11B

Anyone feeling positive about next week

Post by 13F11B »

Serious question. After watching the dysfunction of this team today does anyone feel confident about next week? Yeah, worst team in football. However, the Buccaneers looked completely unprepared to play today. Adjustments were stalled until the 4th quarter. I just have a bad feeling about next week and can't shake it.
Navybuc

Re: Anyone feeling positive about next week

Post by Navybuc »

Not sure if winning is the best solution, honestly. In order to move this team forward, we may need to tear this thing apart. If we win, we may start handing out contracts to our shitty HC and average QB. The team I saw today doesn’t have much of a future at HC and QB. And we have a WR who doesn’t want to come back.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I’m the ultimate pessimist when it comes to this team.
I think we win something like 16-10 or some terrible shit like that.
I don’t feel positive about next week, but Carolina is literally the worst team in the league, so there’s that.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:36 pm Not sure if winning is the best solution, honestly. In order to move this team forward, we may need to tear this thing apart. If we win, we may start handing out contracts to our shitty HC and average QB. The team I saw today doesn’t have much of a future at HC and QB. And we have a WR who doesn’t want to come back.
If losing helps keep Mike Evans and gets rid of Bowles will be OK with that. My fear is the Buccaneers will still decide to keep captain can't get my team ready to play.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

If anyone can make a solid case for why Carolina will WIN-- not a case for why we will--but why Carolina will WIN, I'll listen. Otherwise, feeling extremely confident we win.
Most hated man in America.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I don't really care. Bucs showed today that nothing has changed or improved. It's just the same mediocrity from a Bowles led team.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Carolina did only lose to GB by 3 pts last week. They play better at home obviously. And if it’s a Saturday game, they’re calling for a cold rain. And I honestly don’t trust our D and Baker could be trying to play hurt. So while yeah, we should win, I wouldn’t go rushing to Vegas on it anytime soon.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:41 pm If anyone can make a solid case for why Carolina will WIN-- not a case for why we will--but why Carolina will WIN, I'll listen. Otherwise, feeling extremely confident we win.
So, you are feeling confident about next week. Like you were about this week, heh?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Carolina is incomprehensibly bad.

But the Bucs need to lose.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:41 pm If anyone can make a solid case for why Carolina will WIN-- not a case for why we will--but why Carolina will WIN, I'll listen. Otherwise, feeling extremely confident we win.
If we lose AND Baker is the main reason why:
1. Do you think we WILL offer him a deal
2. Do you think we SHOULD offer him a deal
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:46 pm
So, you are feeling confident about next week. Like you were about this week, heh?
I was also confident last week as well. And the weeks before. Some you win, some you lose.

Again, make a case for Carolina winning that doesnt have anything to do with the Bucs and I'll entertain it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:46 pm

I was also confident last week as well. And the weeks before. Some you win, some you lose.

Again, make a case for Carolina winning that doesnt have anything to do with the Bucs and I'll entertain it.
Some you win, some you lose.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 pm
Yes and yes.

Similar question, since you now believe personnel decisions should be based off of 1 game, if we win AND Baker is the main reason why:

1. Do you think we WILL offer him a huge long term deal?

2. Do you think we SHOULD offer him a huge long term deal?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:52 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:51 pm

So you don't even think Carolina has a good chance to win. You just wanted an audience. Got it.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:39 pm I’m the ultimate pessimist when it comes to this team.
I think we win something like 16-10 or some terrible shit like that.
I don’t feel positive about next week, but Carolina is literally the worst team in the league, so there’s that.
I wouldn’t say I’m the ultimate pessimist, but I’ve learned the hard way to not count your chickens before they hatch. 2008 was the reason mainly. The ending to that season has me always worried about worst case scenario.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:54 pm

Yes and yes.

Similar question, since you now believe personnel decisions should be based off of 1 game, if we win AND Baker is the main reason why:

1. Do you think we WILL offer him a huge long term deal?

2. Do you think we SHOULD offer him a huge long term deal?
Yes and good god no.
I do not want baker being the starting qb.
My reasoning is 5 years of evidence as opposed to a great four game stretch in one of those seasons.
IMO, no matter how next week goes, we should not offer Baker a huge deal.
If Baker gets us to the NFCCG because he’s playing lights out, you gotta pay him, and I understand that, but outside of him being GREAT when it matters, give me an unknown commodity over known mediocrity.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:57 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:52 pm

So you don't even think Carolina has a good chance to win. You just wanted an audience. Got it.
You said to give you one reason. I did. One you, in fact, gave. Now you want to move the goalpost again. Typical.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:04 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:57 pm

You said to give you one reason. I did. One you, in fact, gave. Now you want to move the goalpost again. Typical.
What does "some you win, some you lose" have to do with any logical, thought out reasoning? Nevermind. Logic and thinking don't apply to you. Forgot for a second who I was dealing with. Ya know when you argue with a fool, from a distance people can't tell who's who. Carry on with your nonsense, kiddo.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:06 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:04 pm

What does "some you win, some you lose" have to do with any logical, thought out reasoning? Nevermind. Logic and thinking don't apply to you. Forgot for a second who I was dealing with. Ya know when you argue with a fool, from a distance people can't tell who's who. Carry on with your nonsense, kiddo.
You haven't provided any logical reason either. When I made the post I did not ask for any logical reason. Never said I had one. Then again you like to move to goal post. Never argue with what people said... always argue with what you say they said (even when they did not say that). You are a fucking putz.

Well, let's play your stupid game your way.

What makes you think that the Buccaneers will win that doesn't have anything to do with the Panthers and I'll entertain it.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:11 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:06 pm

You haven't provided any logical reason either.

Well, let's play your stupid game your way.

What makes you think that the Buccaneers will win that doesn't have anything to do with the Panthers and I'll entertain it.
Logical reasoning to what?! I asked for a solid case for Carolina winning next week and the BEST you could come up with is "some you win, some you lose". No shit. That's true for every game. You didn't bother answering my question.

I'll answer yours though since A: I'm not a coward and B: I'm actually smart enough to develop logical thoughts.

The Bucs defensively matchup extremely well with the Panthers. They are weak on the IOL. Vea should feast as he always seems to do against the Panthers. LVD and DW should have big games as well against their weak Oline. Bowles scheme confuses young QBs and Bryce Young struggled against it last month. Offensively the Panthers have no answer for Mike Evans. He is dominant and outclasses all of their DBs. Godwin as well.

Now let's see if you can make a logical case for the Panthers winning.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Carolina has won 2 games this year. They almost won 3 last week against a .500ish team. So it’s not like they “can’t” win.

They beat Atlanta at home, something we couldn’t do.

And oh yeah, we are not a very good football team.

So yeah, Carolina can definitely win.

Whether it happens, like I said, it might be a good thing for the future of this franchise if they did. But we prolly screw up and find a way to win and then get our asses whooped in the WC again.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This shouldn't be hard. If someone asks "make a case for the Ravens or 49ers beating the Bucs" the answer would be easy. Lamar Jackson, Ravens D, Ravens run game, Niners run game, Niners D, both teams Oline.

Yet not 1 person can do that for the Panthers, why? Because everyone knows deep down the Panthers don't have a good chance to beat the Bucs and they don't want to look stupid. People are clearly emotional right now and in their feelings. So hopefully this bullshit thread fades away just like the idiot who created it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:20 pm This shouldn't be hard. If someone asks "make a case for the Ravens or 49ers beating the Bucs" the answer would be easy. Lamar Jackson, Ravens D, Ravens run game, Niners run game, Niners D, both teams Oline.

Yet not 1 person can do that for the Panthers, why? Because everyone knows deep down the Panthers don't have a good chance to beat the Bucs and they don't want to look stupid. People are clearly emotional right now and in their feelings. So hopefully this bullshit thread fades away just like the idiot who created it.
Check the OP moron. It was clearly an emotional post. I asked if anyone felt confident about next week. You posted your stupid BS non-answer and proceeded to not answer until your last post. Fuck you with a sharp stick.
Last edited by 13F11B on Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:24 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:20 pm This shouldn't be hard. If someone asks "make a case for the Ravens or 49ers beating the Bucs" the answer would be easy. Lamar Jackson, Ravens D, Ravens run game, Niners run game, Niners D, both teams Oline.

Check to OP moron. It was clearly an emotional post. I asked if anyone felt confident about next week. You posted your stupid BS non-answer and proceeded to not answer until your last post. Fuck you with a sharp stick.
So you admit that this thread is bullshit and you don't actually expect Carolina to win, you're just bitching and moaning
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Is there anyway into the playoffs with a loss?
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 pm Is there anyway into the playoffs with a loss?
Nope. Only way we get in with anything less than a win is if we tie and Atlanta wins.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:30 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:29 pm Is there anyway into the playoffs with a loss?
Nope. Only way we get in with anything less than a win is if we tie and Atlanta wins.
Not even wild card?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:26 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:24 pm

Check to OP moron. It was clearly an emotional post. I asked if anyone felt confident about next week. You posted your stupid BS non-answer and proceeded to not answer until your last post. Fuck you with a sharp stick.
So you admit that this thread is bullshit and you don't actually expect Carolina to win, you're just bitching and moaning
No, that is not what I said. The thread is not bullshit. You are just a flaming asshole. I asked if anyone was feeling positive about next week. I said I had a bad feeling about next week. The thread is exactly what the title and OP said. You made it into something it wasn't.

Again, you prove time after time that you are a fucking pain in the ass.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:31 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:30 pm

Not even wild card?
No wild card scenarios for us. It’s NFC South title or nothing.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:32 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:26 pm

No, that is not what I said. The thread is not bullshit. You are just a flaming asshole. I asked if anyone was feeling positive about next week. I said I had a bad feeling about next week. The thread is exactly what the title and OP said. You made it into something it wasn't.

Whatever bad feelings you have don't come with the Panthers having a good chance to beat us. You can't even say as much. Ergo, THIS. THREAD. IS. BULLSHIT.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:35 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:32 pm

Whatever bad feelings you have don't come with the Panthers having a good chance to beat us. You can't even say as much. Ergo, THIS. THREAD. IS. BULLSHIT.
Sorry to tell you but you do not define what threads are bullshit and which ones are not. You could decide to be less of an asshole though. You might want to make that your new year's resolution.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:41 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:35 pm

Sorry to tell you but you do not define what threads are bullshit and which ones are not. You could decide to be less of an asshole though. You might want to make that your new year's resolution.
You're just upset I called out your bullshit, kiddo.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Today didn't/doesn't change my feelings on anything for the rest of the season
We'll still beat Carolina, because they're awful, and we'll still lose in the playoff game because we really aren't all that good. Even if we had won 45-0 today, that would've still been my expectation.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Carolina is beyond awful. Just no talent.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

I don't want us to lose but I don't want Baker back and I think if we make the playoffs he's staying.