Sooo.... Carolina?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bucsfan83

Sooo.... Carolina?

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Should we start worrying about Carolina?
Teitan

Re: Sooo.... Carolina?

Post by Teitan »

No. They suck. They are playing ok against a shit saints team. I get they beat up the packers, but that seems more a packer problem than a saints plus.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

I'm not even thinking about saints beating packers, but Carolina did beat up the Jets too, so yeah.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I've never seen this much overreaction this early in the season from this board to be honest. Every play is looked at under a microscope as some type of indication for the rest of the year. You guys are on something different this year.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 pm I've never seen this much overreaction this early in the season from this board to be honest. Every play is looked at under a microscope as some type of indication for the rest of the year. You guys are on something different this year.
It’s understandable. We are ostensibly the team to beat this year so everyone is trying to figure out who are the true contenders. In years past we simply wanted to make the playoffs so the focus was primarily on our own team. Now the playoffs are assumed (by fans) so it’s just debate on who we could be facing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:00 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:39 pm I've never seen this much overreaction this early in the season from this board to be honest. Every play is looked at under a microscope as some type of indication for the rest of the year. You guys are on something different this year.
It’s understandable. We are ostensibly the team to beat this year so everyone is trying to figure out who are the true contenders. In years past we simply wanted to make the playoffs so the focus was primarily on our own team. Now the playoffs are assumed (by fans) so it’s just debate on who we could be facing.
I don't think we know anymore about these teams than we know about our own. Everybody is figuring out who they are. We had guys who usually play every play gasping for air and checking themselves out. Do you think our defense is as bad as it was against Dallas? Do you think we're a 4 turnover a game team? A 10 penalty a game team? Of course not. It's so early in the year, no result should surprise right now.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Rhule is a good coach and their ownership seems to have the right ideas. They may emerge when the Bucs window closes.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Led by SAM DARNOLD ..

First 2-0 start since 2017 (seems like longer) .. .
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

They are a team to watch, for sure. I'm not worried at the moment that they will topple us for the division, but one would be a fool to treat an undefeated division opponent flippantly.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Carolina looks like a better team than I expected but they aren't a contender yet.

Also, they don't match up well against us.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

It doesn't look like they suck anymore....
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

CMC heavy offense...

If he gets tired, what do they do. We have linebackers to neutralize CMC. And the game's best run D.

What we struggle with is a team like the Cards with big-bodied WR's who can run parallel.

As for Carolina beating New Orleans... it's a come down to earth moment for Jameis more than a huge victory for the Panthers.
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

CAR is busy putting a professional product on the field. Give them an influx of talent and they could be a good team. Props to their FO and staff so far.
VauntedTampa2

Post by VauntedTampa2 »

This board has been around soooo long. yOuRe NoT uNdErStAnDiNg the logic (false logic or whatever the **** you say)
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

I know.. its just Houston but still
MJW

Post by MJW »

Carolina is a good team. Well coached. Well administrated. It seems like they've hit on most of their young talent over the last couple of drafts. They have a few defensive players who are going to be Pro Bowl regulars. One of the best groups of skill position targets in the league with Moore, Anderson, Marshall, and McCaffery.

They're not there yet. But they're closer than some people think. And I said it before this season, IMHO they're closer to us than the Saints are.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 pm Carolina is a good team. Well coached. Well administrated. It seems like they've hit on most of their young talent over the last couple of drafts. They have a few defensive players who are going to be Pro Bowl regulars. One of the best groups of skill position targets in the league with Moore, Anderson, Marshall, and McCaffery.

They're not there yet. But they're closer than some people think. And I said it before this season, IMHO they're closer to us than the Saints are.
Sam Darnold is a better QB than people gave him credit for. He got a raw deal in New York and a change of scenery was the best thing that could've happened to him. He is now playing behind an O-Line that can actually protect him.

Zach Wilson is getting the same raw deal with the Jets that Darnold did.

Honestly, I think we will split the series with them this year but will see them again in the playoffs and beat them soundly there.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Roach On My Pizza

Post by Roach On My Pizza »

If they win one of the next 3, @Dal, Phi and Vik's, I see them possibly getting to 8 wins.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

It's really interesting how it shows:

It's NOT Cam
It wasn't Darnold for NYJ

I wish them the best .. with the exception of 2 games :D
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

So Carolina beat the Jets, the Texans, and the Saints. All 3 will likely combine for less wins than the Bucs this year and I'm supposed to be concerned about the Panthers? Nope. Not this year. Until they have a real QB, they're not a threat. Darnold is at best, a mediocre to below average QB. The Panthers will need better than that for me to be concerned about them while Brady is here.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I'm not concerned about the panthers either, but if what you saw last night was "at best a below average qb," you have no idea what you're looking at.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Give Carolina credit for masking Darnold's flaws. A lot of simple 1 read throws. He's minimizing the mistakes. In NY he tried often to do too much. He doesn't have to do that here.......Yet.

Do they concern me? Not 1 bit. Their wins remind me a lot of the Bucs from 2010. They can beat the bad teams. But will get overwhelmed against a quality opponent.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The good news for us is that, of Carolina's three wins thus far, two of them have come against AFC teams; the least meaningful wins a team can earn in the NFL as far as playoff tiebreakers go.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

We are a better team all around... But team health will determine how far WE go, and how far Carolina goes. If the CMC injury is bad enough to IR, Carolina won't have a winning record at the season's end.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Carolina is on the come up, but not at the Bucs level in 2021. But the future is bright there.

Namely their Oline is not strong. The Bucs DLine will continue to dominate the Panthers run game and as good has Sam Darnold as looked he isn't the guy to win games vs good teams via a one dimensional passing game, which is how you beat this Bucs team.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

I'm sorry... I'll wait until they play someone worth a shit before saying they too and not shit.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Panthers Media team is stellar

BLT

Post by BLT »

Pretenders... cupcake schedule played three terrible QB's
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Pretenders or not, we are looking up at them in the standings.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 pm Pretenders or not, we are looking up at them in the standings.
Point noted.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 pm Pretenders or not, we are looking up at them in the standings.
Probably for the last time once they lose a game. We have nothing but very beatable opponents from here on it including against them twice at the end of the season.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Kansas City is also last in the AFCW...week three standings mean absolutely nothing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:16 pm Image
Heh... I was thinking of this meme today... as well as