Ravens @ 49ers Christmas Day Game Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Ravens @ 49ers Christmas Day Game Thread

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:24 pm Starting LT and LG down? CMC loves running that side….

Yes and now back-up left guard is left tackle. And is last o-lineman on the bench.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:29 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:28 pm Wash and the Rams could beat up these 49ers even more.
That’s a spicy take.

I don’t agree.

After the o-line gets hurt - you move on to?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Darnold's arm talent will always make him at the very least a highly sought after backup. If Purdy plays pretty well rest of the way, I would not be surprised if Sean Payton pursues Darnold.

Winston should also be similar, but his slow release, tendency to throw INTs in bunches and pout when he isn't appointed the starter will relegate him to a backup role by a coaching staff able to tolerate his pouting.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:44 am Darnold's arm talent will always make him at the very least a highly sought after backup. If Purdy plays pretty well rest of the way, I would not be surprised if Sean Payton pursues Darnold.

Winston should also be similar, but his slow release, tendency to throw INTs in bunches and pout when he isn't appointed the starter will relegate him to a backup role by a coaching staff able to tolerate his pouting.
Ummmm I'm not sure if you know this but Darnold throws INTs in bunches as well. And the problem with him is he does it without having the TD production to compensate.

So what exactly would Payton be recruiting Darnold for?
Most hated man in America.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:49 am
Jonny wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:44 am Darnold's arm talent will always make him at the very least a highly sought after backup. If Purdy plays pretty well rest of the way, I would not be surprised if Sean Payton pursues Darnold.

Ummmm I'm not sure if you know this but Darnold throws INTs in bunches as well. And the problem with him is he does it without having the TD production to compensate.

So what exactly would Payton be recruiting Darnold for?
I agree. But his delivery will always make an offensive coach be hopeful that he can get more productivity. What would Sean Payton be recruiting him for? The role I already mentioned in my post and the same role he was recruited for this year by Shanahan. A backup.

Did you forget when Raheem and Dom went after Leftwich in 09? 1st round picks who aren't a complete disaster get multiple shots even after falling out of favor with their previous team. This is nothing new.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Damn, was not expecting a blowout win by either team. Not sure what you can really take from this game. Just one of those games where nothing goes right. Chances are we see this game again in February where I think the results will be much different.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 am Damn, was not expecting a blowout win by either team. Not sure what you can really take from this game. Just one of those games where nothing goes right. Chances are we see this game again in February where I think the results will be much different.
Something you can definitely take from this game is Kyle Shanahan needs to stick to the formula that has brought him success. That offense needs to be run through CMC & Deebo. Instead Kyle wanted to have a dick measuring contest with Lamar Jackson and show the world that his QB was better than theirs. It went about as well as one would expect.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:59 am
BucsNBills wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:23 am Damn, was not expecting a blowout win by either team. Not sure what you can really take from this game. Just one of those games where nothing goes right. Chances are we see this game again in February where I think the results will be much different.
Something you can definitely take from this game is Kyle Shanahan needs to stick to the formula that has brought him success. That offense needs to be run through CMC & Deebo. Instead Kyle wanted to have a dick measuring contest with Lamar Jackson and show the world that his QB was better than theirs. It went about as well as one would expect.

I see that perception of the outcome, but I wholly doubt Shanahan is that bald-ass stupid. I think this game just spiraled, and it was a f-it" game for both teams. Just play it out and reserve our real "how we beat you" plan until it matters.

Us fans wanted a Super Bowl preview. The coaches said No Thanks.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:36 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:59 am

I see that perception of the outcome, but I wholly doubt Shanahan is that bald-ass stupid. I think this game just spiraled, and it was a f-it" game for both teams. Just play it out and reserve our real "how we beat you" plan until it matters.

Kyle was that bald headed stupid last night Why would every play on your 1st drive be a pass against THIS defense? Is it a surprise it ended in a pick? Not really.

He should've featured CMC but he chose to go QB battle.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Kyle likes to show he's this smartest guy in the room
Kress

Post by Kress »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:57 am
Why not? Run CMC to even further beat his ass up? Or just play scrimmage ball with your QB and use that to check things out? He probably saw what he wanted to see. I mean, not what he WANTED to see, but he received one of the two outcomes he was wondering about. Now he knows and can employ that knowledge when it counts.

I know it sucks looking at it, but probably the all-around smart coaching call in the long run.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:05 pm
Why not? Run CMC to even further beat his ass up? Or just play scrimmage ball with your QB and use that to check things out? He probably saw what he wanted to see. I mean, not what he WANTED to see, but he received one of the two outcomes he was wondering about. Now he knows and can employ that knowledge when it counts.

I know it sucks looking at it, but probably the all-around smart coaching call in the long run.
Because that's how they win. It's as simple as that. You speak as if the Niners objective going into the game was not to actually win but find out what their weaknesses were or something like that?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:02 pm Kyle likes to show he's this smartest guy in the room
He is his father's son
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:36 am

Kyle was that bald headed stupid last night Why would every play on your 1st drive be a pass against THIS defense? Is it a surprise it ended in a pick? Not really.

At some point 9ers will have to win big games behind their QB. If they cannot, it is no different from having a Jimmy G led offense.

In my opinion this loss is likely going to be a good thing for 49ers. Purdy plays like he has to make something happen on every play, as if throwing the ball away or taking sack to live for another down are not an option.

You need games like this to coach patience into a young QB who is too keen on playing like a Superman to make a case for MVP. Whether he will be able to grow up or not is a different story. All things considered, there wasn't as much as stake for the 9ers last night and was probably the best among remaining games to feature a Purdy-led offense.

The patience and composure Lamar is showing on the other hand is exactly what happens with experience. Dak also is going to be another dangerous playoff QB imo.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:24 pm
Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:05 pm

Because that's how they win. It's as simple as that. You speak as if the Niners objective going into the game was not to actually win but find out what their weaknesses were or something like that?

Not really, but I see how my post read that way. I'm not saying it was the objective going in. But I can see it spinning that way quickly when it is a choice between (1) try some shit, or (2) try to go balls-out and salvage a game that means nothing.

I mean, every single year teams who are locked in do wonky stuff at the end of the season to set themselves up. Whether sitting players or running random experiments, it is what it is. And it's smart coaching. No credit for champion of the regular season. Play to win the last one.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:47 pm
Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:24 pm

Not really, but I see how my post read that way. I'm not saying it was the objective going in. But I can see it spinning that way quickly when it is a choice between (1) try some shit, or (2) try to go balls-out and salvage a game that means nothing.

I mean, every single year teams who are locked in do wonky stuff at the end of the season to set themselves up. Whether sitting players or running random experiments, it is what it is. And it's smart coaching. No credit for champion of the regular season. Play to win the last one.
I can understand that. But that's something you try against the Cardinals or Commanders. Not the game sandwiched in between those 2 against arguably the best team in football. In that regard you are making a case that Kyle was in fact bald headed stupid.

Now he's thrust into the position of having to ride CMC to ensure they get that #1 seed and have to play 1 less game because now a slip up could mean sliding to 2 or even 3.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:03 pm
Kress wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:47 pm

I can understand that. But that's something you try against the Cardinals or Commanders. Not the game sandwiched in between those 2 against arguably the best team in football. In that regard you are making a case that Kyle was in fact bald headed stupid.

Now he's thrust into the position of having to ride CMC to ensure they get that #1 seed and have to play 1 less game because now a slip up could mean sliding to 2 or even 3.

Right, so ride CMC and try to fight tooth and nail against a non-conference dominant team, or ride him to beat the ever living shit out of the CommandSkins then see where you stand when that Rams come to town.

I get your mindset and it's not wrong. I just think neither is Kyle's. It looked to me like he messed around and pulled the plug.