Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Christmas Eve Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Christmas Eve Edition

Post by Buc2 »

Back over .500 since...what? Week 9 or some such?
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: Christmas Eve Edition

Post by Phantom »

Can anyone point me to the discussion thread for the reaction LOL
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:35 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:34 pm

Next season, would you rather have Baker or Trevor?
Trevor.

Who's been better this season, Baker or Trevor?
Baker and it is not close.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:24 pm I thought he got benched...He's only played every snap so far on D....
He did get benched, and he responded. Hat tip to Todd Bowles finally holding him accountable.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:40 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:24 pm I thought he got benched...He's only played every snap so far on D....
He did get benched, and he responded. Hat tip to Todd Bowles finally holding him accountable.
Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:30 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm

Now two sites have said they broke the CBA with White a healthy scratch. Going to say two sites are lying or will you accept the fact DW was finally benched?

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-bench ... onversion/
REALLY interesting article. My prediction? When White plays again, he will play lights out, then immediately the next game revert to his victim pattern.

I REALLY hope I am wrong
I said what I said

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

DW45 was great today.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Fiction
Most hated man in America.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:50 pm

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:30 pm
REALLY interesting article. My prediction? When White plays again, he will play lights out, then immediately the next game revert to his victim pattern.

I REALLY hope I am wrong
I hope you’re wrong as well
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I hope you’re wrong as well

This - I hope he goes on a tirade. We definitely need him right now to play great football.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Would love to see an All-22 of Devin’s play in that game. His motor was relentless. Running with his coverage responsibilities non-stop. Coming off to tackle. That INT was a thing of beauty. Also, they gave YaYa the credit on the broadcast, but that strip/sack was 45.

He plays like that I’ll never make a negative peep about him.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Someone lit a fire under his ass and I was happy to see it.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:02 pm Someone lit a fire under his ass and I was happy to see it.
I think he lit his own fire. Guys like him soak up the limelight. You don’t get any limelight if you’re languishing on the bench.
Don't tread on me
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:01 pm Would love to see an All-22 of Devin’s play in that game. His motor was relentless. Running with his coverage responsibilities non-stop. Coming off to tackle. That INT was a thing of beauty. Also, they gave YaYa the credit on the broadcast, but that strip/sack was 45.

The All-22 isn't out so I can't look at the Endzone angle. Slowing down the broadcast is inconclusive. They're both right there but, I agree that it does look like that should be White's FF.

As to the gameplan...White added-on in pass rush 30 times.

Lets say that again.

"He added-on in pass rush 30 times."

An MLB. Utterly bonkers. The only player on the Bucs to rush the passer more was Kancey.

We blitzed like I've rarely seen. 58 rushes by non-iDL/Edge players. Again; bonkers in isolation. But it makes sense in context because this is similar to the Super Bowl where you have an offensive line in absolute shambles and a QB with a wheel that is sub-100 %. We got ridiculous pressure on the QB; 29. Second most on the season and 13 more than median for us. We were comparatively rarely in off-coverage and we were physical with receivers from the line of scrimmage through the top of the route. So, unlike what we've been doing all-too-often; we denied The Quick Game...which enables and amplifies the pass rush.

This was basically the perfectly schemed game vs this team and, as it pertains to Devin White, if there is a formula for deploying him, this is it. The thing is, this game plan just won't reliably work against a team with a healthy OL that pass protects well. Yes with the coverage gameplan. But this blitz frequency cannot be the gameplan against the Eagles or Lions or Cowboys or 49ers. They will protect us to death or scheme us to death or scramble us to death.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Nobody wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:35 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:01 pm Would love to see an All-22 of Devin’s play in that game. His motor was relentless. Running with his coverage responsibilities non-stop. Coming off to tackle. That INT was a thing of beauty. Also, they gave YaYa the credit on the broadcast, but that strip/sack was 45.

The All-22 isn't out so I can't look at the Endzone angle. Slowing down the broadcast is inconclusive. They're both right there but, I agree that it does look like that should be White's FF.

Lets say that again.

An MLB. Utterly bonkers. The only player on the Bucs to rush the passer more was Kancey.

We blitzed like I've rarely seen. 58 rushes by non-iDL/Edge players. Again; bonkers in isolation. But it makes sense in context because this is similar to the Super Bowl where you have an offensive line in absolute shambles and a QB with a wheel that is sub-100 %. We got ridiculous pressure on the QB; 29. Second most on the season and 13 more than median for us. We were comparatively rarely in off-coverage and we were physical with receivers from the line of scrimmage through the top of the route. So, unlike what we've been doing all-too-often; we denied The Quick Game...which enables and amplifies the pass rush.

This was basically the perfectly schemed game vs this team and, as it pertains to Devin White, if there is a formula for deploying him, this is it. The thing is, this game plan just won't reliably work against a team with a healthy OL that pass protects well. Yes with the coverage gameplan. But this blitz frequency cannot be the gameplan against the Eagles or Lions or Cowboys or 49ers. They will protect us to death or scheme us to death or scramble us to death.
This is where you have to have good coaching. What wins this week against this team doesn’t mean squat next week against that team.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

White does one thing well and it’s running really fast in the A gap. Glad 1BP finally figured that out.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:32 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:02 pm Someone lit a fire under his ass and I was happy to see it.
I think he lit his own fire. Guys like him soak up the limelight. You don’t get any limelight if you’re languishing on the bench.
Nah. This is the first time he’s been held accountable for his play. He was told Britt was starting against the Pack and he sat himself down. This week, Britt started to again send the message, but White showed out once he got on the field.

He responded in a big way. Let’s hope it continues. That was 2020 Devin White.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Nobody wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:35 pm

Lets say that again.

I feel like a lot of us have called for that though? Quit asking him to cover RBs and TEs when he just gets schemed into play losses.

Cut him loose at the QB. Seems like Bowles finally quit asking him to do things he can’t do.

I did see him several times in phase in good coverage position though, which is rare. I paid attention to him religiously.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Again, it only took Bowles like 4 years to figure it out.

Suddenly, he’s making some coaching adjustments that people have been calling for for years
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Snake wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:06 pm Again, it only took Bowles like 4 years to figure it out.

Suddenly, he’s making some coaching adjustments that people have been calling for for years
To @Nobody ’s point though you can’t just unleash one of your ILB’s at the QB every play against teams that can pick it up.