Week 16 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Week 16 Discussion

Post by Doctor »

A bit premature but there's a lot to talk about...

Kind of disappointed. I've repeatedly said what matters most is 1) making playoffs 2) playing good Dec ball. The Jags were going to be a great test for the kind of ball we're playing, especially after a big win. Not to sleep on Beathard or anything. We know how back ups do Tampa.
13F11B

Re: Week 16 Discussion

Post by 13F11B »

God no. The Buccaneers under Bowles have a history of allowing backup QBs to look like Joe Montana against us.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This isn't in anyway ideal for the Jags. They have fallen off in a big way since their bye week. Just 2-4 in their last 6 and it hasn't been pretty.
Most hated man in America.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 am This isn't in anyway ideal for the Jags. They have fallen off in a big way since their bye week. Just 2-4 in their last 6 and it hasn't been pretty.
Seems like many teams have had bad bye week reactions.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:17 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 am This isn't in anyway ideal for the Jags. They have fallen off in a big way since their bye week. Just 2-4 in their last 6 and it hasn't been pretty.
The only team to really seem energized by their bye week is San Francisco. They went into their bye week on a 3 game losing streak. They've come out of it winning 6 in a row.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:17 am
Pretty wild.

OBP should split the difference with Devin White. We could still very much use some flash up front in the pass rush and White has been that guy before. Full practice, name him the starter and rotate him out for Britt for most of the game, sub him in on blitzing packages. You have built in excuses of snap counts for a couple of weeks, and "packages for each" later, and "earned playing time". We have maybe 4 games left. If he knows his payday hangs on him making the absolute most of his limited snaps maybe he'll stop playing so careful and go back to hair on fire White, maybe get a couple of sacks.

It doesn't need to be consistent over the next 4 years or even 4 games. Just find a role to maximize what we can each get for a possible playoff run.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Let's see if Bowles sticks to his guns and keeps Devin White benched in favor of Britt. There were several plays Britt made that DW would've whiffed, including several plays that would've moved the sticks.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Really weird that so far there is only one - one thousand yard rusher.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:27 pm Really weird that so far there is only one - one thousand yard rusher.
There are 13 dudes who have 800+ rushing yards with several games still to go, including our own Rachaad White at 834.

Give it time my dude.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm Let's see if Bowles sticks to his guns and keeps Devin White benched in favor of Britt. There were several plays Britt made that DW would've whiffed, including several plays that would've moved the sticks.
Bowles just dismissed the claim that White was told Britt would be the starter. Never happened.
He did do a sidestep on the starter question though and say they'll be a rotation when White returns.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:46 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 pm Let's see if Bowles sticks to his guns and keeps Devin White benched in favor of Britt. There were several plays Britt made that DW would've whiffed, including several plays that would've moved the sticks.
Bowles just dismissed the claim that White was told Britt would be the starter. Never happened.
He did do a sidestep on the starter question though and say they'll be a rotation when White returns.
People are gonna pick and choose to believe what they want. Meaning they'll give a listening ear to any and every source that echoes what they want to hear while dismissing what the actual decision maker has to say.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

That shit eating grin and head shake after the question rolls in is priceless.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:08 pm That shit eating grin and head shake after the question rolls in is priceless.
Update?
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Lol anyone who believes that White wasn't benched is just high on copium. He was absolutely benched because he's a bad football player and Britt is better on the field. Period. End of discussion.

Bowles lying during pressers to prevent drama is par for the course and should be ignored.

White was benched. Deal with it. Get over it.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:13 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:08 pm That shit eating grin and head shake after the question rolls in is priceless.
Update?
Dude, alright. What else is he going to say?! Todd Bowles is a man of few words. He's not going to give you insight the way Bruce Arians did. Read between the lines.

Here's what we know: Devin White has been on the injury report since week 11. He played that week and the following week with the "injury." The Bucs lost both games and he continued to play poorly as he has all season. He was then on the injury report with the same injury the next three weeks, but now Devin White is being ruled out. We've won 3 games in a row since he stopped playing.

Now, there was plenty of smoke prior to this game that he was losing his starting spot even if deemed healthy, AND that he had a negative attitude about it so subsequently told Bowles "he couldn't go." "Healthy scratch" and "coaches decision" were the terms being used. I don't believe he couldn't have played in those other 3 games either. I think he was told to rest his foot after Gardner Minshew shook him out of his cleats, and DW is butt-hurt about it because the Bucs didn't pay him before the season and now they sat his ass down so his chances at his payday are dwindling by the second. Britt/Russell have clearly played better and the defense overall has played better without him and the team/coaches are ready to move on.

But, if you believe the lines Todd Bowles is feeding you about the situation more power to you. Fact is Devin White isn't playing and the Bucs are better off without him.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

It’s amazing how the NFL has changed. When Brady succeeded as a 6th rd pick, everyone was in shock over it. Now you’ve got undrafted guys like Brock Purdy about to win MVP and Jake Browning lighting the world on fire. Adrian O’Connell has been decent as a 5th rd rookie. Minshew has been solid for a late round pick. Sam Howell a 5th rd starter. This is the most starting qbs I’ve seen in a league made up of late draft picks.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Ummm Johnny Unitus? Kurt Warner? Rich Gannon? They don't ring a bell?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:23 pm Ummm Johnny Unitus? Kurt Warner? Rich Gannon? They don't ring a bell?
I don't know about Unitas, but the media was definitely in awe about Gannon and Warner. Every nationally televised game Warner played in they had to tell us how Kurt went from a grocery store bagboy to a star NFL QB.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:35 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:23 pm Ummm Johnny Unitus? Kurt Warner? Rich Gannon? They don't ring a bell?
I don't know about Unitas, but the media was definitely in awe about Gannon and Warner. Every nationally televised game Warner played in they had to tell us how Kurt went from a grocery store bagboy to a star NFL QB.
Yep. Warner literally has a movie about him and his story.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:27 pm Lol anyone who believes that White wasn't benched is just high on copium. He was absolutely benched because he's a bad football player and Britt is better on the field. Period. End of discussion.

Bowles lying during pressers to prevent drama is par for the course and should be ignored.

White was benched. Deal with it. Get over it.
Some people don't understand that both things can be possible. White does have an injury and the team seems unwilling to rush him back.

How much is it the injury and how much is coaches decision?? I have no idea and only people inside the building know for sure
Snake

Post by Snake »

Apparently a good Super Bowl run buys you about three years of good will despite playing like complete shit.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Not saying it doesn’t happen, but this many making an impact in one year is rare. Then again, QBs have it easier now than they did back in the day.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pm Apparently a good Super Bowl run buys you about three years of good will despite playing like complete shit.
How long did Gruden get…
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:31 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pm Apparently a good Super Bowl run buys you about three years of good will despite playing like complete shit.
How long did Gruden get…
Two years too long
I said what I said

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I think this is correct:
If ATL does not win out
If NO loses this week
If we beat NO next week

We win the division next week
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:34 am I think this is correct:
If ATL does not win out
If NO loses this week
If we beat NO next week

It's actually a little easier than that.

If NO loses this Thursday, we win Sunday and beat them next Sunday we win the division.

Atlanta doesn't have a chance if we win 2 of the next 3 because they can't get to 7 conference wins and we'd tie in division wins if we lose to say the Panthers somehow. That loss by them Sunday screwed them big time.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Playoff races are heating up! And the best matchup of the year in Primetime on Christmas Day. The current #1 seeds in the AFC & NFC face off. Schedule makers got these matchups right.

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Here's how the playoffs would look if the season ended today.

NFC

#1- 49ers

#7 Rams ⬆️ @ #2 Cowboys
#6 Vikings @ #3 Lions
#5 Eagles @ #4 Buccaneers

AFC

#1- Ravens

#7 Colts @ #2 Dolphins
#6 Bengals ⬆️ @ #3 Chiefs
#5 Browns @ #4 Jaguars
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Is it just me or do the Eagles not look as scary as they did earlier this year?? Not sure what is different about them, or us, just an observation
Snake

Post by Snake »

Goat things
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:34 am I think this is correct:
If ATL does not win out
If NO loses this week
If we beat NO next week

If NO loses this Thursday, we win Sunday and beat them next Sunday we win the division.

Atlanta doesn't have a chance if we win 2 of the next 3 because they can't get to 7 conference wins and we'd tie in division wins if we lose to say the Panthers somehow. That loss by them Sunday screwed them big time.
If NO loses to rams, we could go 1-2 as long as our win is against them.
I just don’t see NO going cross country on a short week and beating a decent LAR team.
I guess the best news is if NO wins and we lose, our loss is almost inconsequential this week
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Can you imagine losing Sunday, locking up the division vs the Saints at 8-8 the next week to rest out starters on the last week.

Two 8-9 division titles. Haters heads would explode.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Doctor wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:35 am Can you imagine losing Sunday, locking up the division vs the Saints at 8-8 the next week to rest out starters on the last week.

Two 8-9 division titles. Haters heads would explode.
As much as I hate how poorly the Bucs have performed, I'm certainly not a hater. My butt would be parked in front of the TV to watch them in the playoffs regardless of the record that got them there. Love my team. No conditions attached.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 am

If NO loses to rams, we could go 1-2 as long as our win is against them.
I just don’t see NO going cross country on a short week and beating a decent LAR team.
I guess the best news is if NO wins and we lose, our loss is almost inconsequential this week
We really lucked up playing an AFC team this week. I did hear the talking heads saying a loss doesn't hurt us much.

I don't see the Rams having a good chance of winning Thursday either but I'll be watching closely and rooting for the.......Nope, can't do it. Just beat the Saints, LA.