Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Xandtar

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

Post by Xandtar »

Jordanlove10 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:50 pm
njdungeoneer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 pm I really want to hear that DWhite is done for the year due to >>>>>>>>don't care what.....
I still hope my Packers can get in the playoffs.
It could happen, you have to win all three games you have left, that's all. They're all winnable games. You should beat the Panthers, you are catching Minnesota sandwiched between Lions games, and you finish with the Bears. If you can't beat the two teams in your division who aren't going to win the division and the Panthers too, then you should sit on the side at 8-9. But 9-8 is possible and that will probably be good for a 7th seed, maybe even a 6th if other games fall right. We'll see.
Last edited by Xandtar on Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jordanlove10

Post by Jordanlove10 »

Xandtar wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:06 am
Jordanlove10 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:50 pm

I still hope my Packers can get in the playoffs.
It could happen, you have to win all three games you have left, that's all.
Yeah well that’s a pipe dream that’s not going to happen lol.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

See edit above. Beat Carolina. Beat Minnesota. Beat Chicago. Knock your two divisional rivals out and have Carolina for a side dish.

Tonight hurt, but you can still be in.
Jordanlove10

Post by Jordanlove10 »

Xandtar wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 am See edit above. Beat Carolina. Beat Minnesota. Beat Chicago. Knock your two divisional rivals out and have Carolina for a side dish.

Tonight hurt, but you can still be in.
We’re not beating Minnesota and I wouldn’t be surprised if Chicago beats us. This team is garbage. We just lost to the Giants and blown out by your team. We might beat Carolina but even that’s in question.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Haven't felt this good since the win vs the Saints.

With Jacksonville in a tail spin maybe we caught them at the right time.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:24 pm Really just a matter who you want to believe more. Rick Stroud, beat writer or Todd Bowles, head coach...
When you're a beat writer, you write based on what the coaches tell you and you're told what you can and can't write. If you don't follow those guidelines, you won't have access to the coaches or team practices anymore.

That being said, if White has an attitude problem to the point where he's benched, he's pretty much done in Tampa.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

White was a weak link in our defense. If the other guy beat him out, it's on him to play better. Next week they can't justify his being a scratch, so we'll know for sure whether or not he's been benched.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:30 am
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:24 pm Really just a matter who you want to believe more. Rick Stroud, beat writer or Todd Bowles, head coach...
When you're a beat writer, you write based on what the coaches tell you and you're told what you can and can't write. If you don't follow those guidelines, you won't have access to the coaches or team practices anymore.

That being said, if White has an attitude problem to the point where he's benched, he's pretty much done in Tampa.
Oh so that's why beat writers are never wrong.....Got it ;). You'd think Stroud would have a much stronger reputation around here then..

Here he is also refuting his own initial posts..

So it's a matter of whether you want to believe him before or after he actually spoke with Bowles.
Most hated man in America.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:35 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:02 pm NFC player of the week?
Not to mention a perfect passer rating. No one has ever done that at Lambeau before and it's shocking considering all the legendary signal callers who have played there.
Mayfield threw for 381 passing yards and four touchdowns, becoming the second quarterback in NFL history to post a perfect passer rating at Lambeau Field, joining former Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who did so against the then-Oakland Raiders in 2019.

But still...that's still pretty freaking awesome.
Don't tread on me
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I have no idea how they do the passer ratings, but to be perfect shouldn't you actually have to be perfect?

He was awesome yesterday, but I wouldn't say he was perfect. Took some sacks. Missed some throws. Turned it over in a bad spot after holding the ball too long.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

If a guy completes over 78% of his passes and your assessment is he "missed some throws" you have an entirely different agenda that honestly has no merit.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:08 am If a guy completes over 78% of his passes and your assessment is he "missed some throws" you have an entirely different agenda that honestly has no merit.
Completing 78% literally means he missed some throws. Like, 22% of them, if my math is right.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:16 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:08 am If a guy completes over 78% of his passes and your assessment is he "missed some throws" you have an entirely different agenda that honestly has no merit.
Completing 78% literally means he missed some throws. Like, 22% of them, if my math is right.
Joe Burrow is the time leader in completion percentage at 68%. Burrow was 10 points ahead of that.

But by all means, let's talk about the 6 incomplete passes instead of the 22 completed ones
MRM

Post by MRM »

Great win on the road. Overall great effort by everyone.

It doesn't speak well for White and Davis for them to be out and the defense is actually better. I still say they need to trade Davis and a couple of others for some better draft picks.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:23 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:16 am

Joe Burrow is the time leader in completion percentage at 68%. Burrow was 10 points ahead of that.

But by all means, let's talk about the 6 incomplete passes instead of the 22 completed ones
per*fect - having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

make (something) completely free from faults or defects, or as close to such a condition as possible.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:33 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:23 am

per*fect - having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be.

make (something) completely free from faults or defects, or as close to such a condition as possible.
QB rating as a formula has its limitations. It rewards positive plays like TDs and high YPA disproportionately well. By that metric Baker was perfect. But he absolutely could have had an even better game if he had an inner clock and maturity throw the ball away to live for the next down. He has consistently shown that weakness this whole season and needs to cleanup when he faces a team with great pass rush like the Cowboys.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Jonny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:44 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:33 am

QB rating as a formula has its limitations. It rewards positive plays like TDs and high YPA disproportionately well. By that metric Baker was perfect. But he absolutely could have had an even better game if he had an inner clock and maturity throw the ball away to live for the next down. He has consistently shown that weakness this whole season and needs to cleanup when he faces a team with great pass rush like the Cowboys.
Right. I get that. That was my point. By the metric he was perfect, but we all know he wasn't truly "perfect." Anyway, he was awesome yesterday and if he keeps playing that way we're in very good shape heading toward the playoffs.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

The fact that "perfect" is 158.3 should tell you that trying to quantify it in a literal sense is foolish.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

This was the first game this season that we’ve actually looked like a team that can compete outside of our weak division. I’m actually now excited for the remainder of the season and hopefully the playoffs that follow.

Really really nice play calls
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

David Moore made a crazy good play.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

What an outstanding game by us. And no BS of lucky the defender fell here, or the drop INT there, or anything. This win was pure clean execution.

It's what OBP and the players (and I) have been trying to say all year. A lot of things are there. A lot of things were close. But there was just always one guy who wasn't on the level any given play ruining it. Not yesterday. Yesterday we saw what it looks like when the OL is moving as one. For a few weeks now we've seen White's feel for the OL and run scheme really develop. Hello Chris Godwin!

This wasn't fast. It took 3/4 of the season- which honestly actually is pretty damn fast. But the process is starting to bear fruit. The culture is starting to bear fruit. Player development is bearing fruit. To hold the locker room together after a 1-6 run with several one-possession heartbreaks, to then go 3-0 including marching into Atlanta and ripping away the division, back-to-back division wins, and then going into Lambeau and putting on a clinic in December. This is the team that has been loading all year. It has moxy, it has trust, it is bought in, and it believes in itself.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:48 am What an outstanding game by us. And no BS of lucky the defender fell here, or the drop INT there, or anything. This win was pure clean execution.

It's what OBP and the players (and I) have been trying to say all year. A lot of things are there. A lot of things were close. But there was just always one guy who wasn't on the level any given play ruining it. Not yesterday. Yesterday we saw what it looks like when the OL is moving as one. For a few weeks now we've seen White's feel for the OL and run scheme really develop. Hello Chris Godwin!

This wasn't fast. It took 3/4 of the season- which honestly actually is pretty damn fast. But the process is starting to bear fruit. The culture is starting to bear fruit. Player development is bearing fruit. To hold the locker room together after a 1-6 run with several one-possession heartbreaks, to then go 3-0 including marching into Atlanta and ripping away the division, back-to-back division wins, and then going into Lambeau and putting on a clinic in December. This is the team that has been loading all year. It has moxy, it has trust, it is bought in, and it believes in itself.

Bullcrap if no hands Dean would of took that int to the house I would of received my first ribbon.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:53 pm
Kress wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:58 pm

Talking about a player? I might lean beat writer there.
Then you're also co-signing the narrative that the Bucs violated the CBA.

That's an odd hill for people to sit on in an effort to make a narrative true. Yet here we are.
Now two sites have said they broke the CBA with White a healthy scratch. Going to say two sites are lying or will you accept the fact DW was finally benched?

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-bench ... onversion/
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:53 pm

Then you're also co-signing the narrative that the Bucs violated the CBA.

That's an odd hill for people to sit on in an effort to make a narrative true. Yet here we are.
Now two sites have said they broke the CBA with White a healthy scratch. Going to say two sites are lying or will you accept the fact DW was finally benched?

The HC of the team says he was injured.

Again, show the info that suggests the Bucs lied by putting him on the injury report.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Per Stroud,
Devin was informed that Britt would start, but that he would still play.
That's when White told the staff he "couldn't go".
WOW......
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm

The HC of the team says he was injured.

Again, show the info that suggests the Bucs lied by putting him on the injury report.
The head coach when asked if DW was injured said to ask White. At no time did he say he was injured, only that DW could not go. Stop defending this sulking diva
Last edited by kaimaru on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm Per Stroud,
WOW......
Per Bowles...

Bowles completely refutes Stroud's timeline here.
Last edited by Bootz on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:09 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:08 pm Per Stroud,
WOW......
Per Bowles...

Nevermind, you refuse to accept that DW irregardless of all evidence sat himself after being demoted. To you all reports TODAY are liars. 3 sources now and you still act like this wasn't the case
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:10 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:09 pm

Per Bowles...

Nevermind, you refuse to accept that DW irregardless of all evidence sat himself after being demoted
And you refuse to listen to what the HC of the team says.

I love when people have no issues embarrassing themselves to fit their agenda. Bowles refutes this completely.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Reporter: "You told Devin Yesterda(Sunday) that KJ was gonna start"

Bowles: "Did I?"

Reporter: " I believe you did"

Bowles :"No I didn't"

Bowles says he was informed Friday that Devin couldn't play. Decision to start KJ wasn't made until Sunday. But by all means, keep calling Bowles a liar without basis.
Last edited by Bootz on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Now Richard Sherman is reporting it
“The conversation that I [had] to understand was they said they would rotate [Devin White and K.J. Britt]. They would rotate them and they would start K.J. Britt [against Green Bay] but they would bring David in and they’d flip-flop them,” Sherman said. “And Devin said he wasn’t about that, ‘I’m not a rotational player, not a rotational guy. I’d like to start and finish the game.’ That’s understandable. He’s been a great player in this National Football League. He’s been a Pro Bowler, but clearly he’s fallen out of grace with Todd Bowles and this defense for some reason.”
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

So all these people are lying?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:14 pm Now Richard Sherman is reporting it
“The conversation that I [had] to understand was they said they would rotate [Devin White and K.J. Britt]. They would rotate them and they would start K.J. Britt [against Green Bay] but they would bring David in and they’d flip-flop them,” Sherman said. “And Devin said he wasn’t about that, ‘I’m not a rotational player, not a rotational guy. I’d like to start and finish the game.’ That’s understandable. He’s been a great player in this National Football League. He’s been a Pro Bowler, but clearly he’s fallen out of grace with Todd Bowles and this defense for some reason.”
Even if Sherman is 100% he makes zero mention of Devin White being told Friday that KJ was gonna start.

This completely shatters the narrative you tried desperately to drive home.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

But an even larger goal here, it's refreshing to know and see that no longer will this board refute or question what beat writers and the media says about this team. Too often people shit on Greg or Rick or Jenna for the reporting they do. I'm glad to see now that those days are done.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a little truth to all of it. Everyone has their own drama, everyone here is dealing with their own interests and feelings. Remember the Lamar saga? Now look at it. These things come and go.

All I care about is getting the most we can out of the players we have on our roster for the game we have left.