Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Dcbucsfan

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Finally a view of what this offense can do! Baring the scare of slipping into defensive turtle in the third quarter, the defense/bowles play complimentary football. Nice win!
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Really solid play design offensively. Hopefully Godwin increase design and scheme continue forward
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:10 pm Baker and the offense essentially responded to every Packers score with a TD. They could never claw back.

Unless Mayfield has a meltdown over the next few weeks or he tries to get some monster contract, im down for building around him. He's young, talented, fun to watch, and is gamer. He's matured a ton and clearly took his humbling as an opportunity 6o reinvent himself

Shake n Bake baby
If Baker continues his current trajectory, I would be very surprised if we don't extend him. He's not playing at a Pro Bowl level, but his numbers aren't too far away from that either. Especially given that it's his first year on this team and in this system?

I am sure there is a rough draft of his extension somewhere at One Buc.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

I wonder what kind of deal he would get if we won a playoff game. My guess 3 years 100m with 50m guaranteed
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

NFC player of the week?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Phantom wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:02 pm NFC player of the week?
Not to mention a perfect passer rating. No one has ever done that at Lambeau before and it's shocking considering all the legendary signal callers who have played there.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:33 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:10 pm Baker and the offense essentially responded to every Packers score with a TD. They could never claw back.

Unless Mayfield has a meltdown over the next few weeks or he tries to get some monster contract, im down for building around him. He's young, talented, fun to watch, and is gamer. He's matured a ton and clearly took his humbling as an opportunity 6o reinvent himself

Shake n Bake baby
If Baker continues his current trajectory, I would be very surprised if we don't extend him. He's not playing at a Pro Bowl level, but his numbers aren't too far away from that either. Especially given that it's his first year on this team and in this system?

I am sure there is a rough draft of his extension somewhere at One Buc.
I am thinking a perfect passer rating is at Pro Bowl level. He does need to harness some consistency of course. But hey, he’s gotta start somewhere. No INTs in any game is a huge plus as well.
I said what I said

Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Didn't get to watch today or listen today, driving all day

Tickled to win, tickled that Atl lost, and same with Dallas. Love it when Jerry gets a mike shoved in his face after a loss, lol
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:12 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:11 pm

With how well Britt played, DW has no business being back on the field this year. Or at least his role should be limited to rushing the passer .
As I said...
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

The truth shall set you free.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Really just a matter who you want to believe more. Rick Stroud, beat writer or Todd Bowles, head coach...
Most hated man in America.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

That was the best football game this team has played since 2021. That team, in Green Bay against a team that had been playing well and needed to win, looked the part of a team that can actually win a Playoff football game.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but, for one game at least, its true. Process-wise, execution-wise, resilience-wise, that was a football team worth believing in today. Stack next week on top of that (and not just a W, but the details of the W).

And yes, addition-by-subtraction of some dude that I'll be glad to forget about after this year.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I still can’t see us beating Dallas in Rd 1…I feel like it’s gonna a be last year all over again…

But I feel like Baker has taken steps forward this year. From the Houston game to now, he looks like a starter. And Rachaad White is actually good, I give Dave Canales a lot of credit for helping turn this offense around. The guy was a good hire.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:24 pm Really just a matter who you want to believe more. Rick Stroud, beat writer or Todd Bowles, head coach...

Talking about a player? I might lean beat writer there.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:24 pm Really just a matter who you want to believe more. Rick Stroud, beat writer or Todd Bowles, head coach...
At the same time Bowles is not going to throw a player under the bus (even if it is the truth).
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:03 pm
At the same time Bowles is not going to throw a player under the bus (even if it is the truth).
And both can be true. He can be a little gimpy and if he were playing excellent football would play. He can be a little gimpy and playing sucky football that is good enough to tell him to take a seat.
I said what I said

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Nobody wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm That was the best football game this team has played since 2021. That team, in Green Bay against a team that had been playing well and needed to win, looked the part of a team that can actually win a Playoff football game.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but, for one game at least, its true. Process-wise, execution-wise, resilience-wise, that was a football team worth believing in today. Stack next week on top of that (and not just a W, but the details of the W).

And yes, addition-by-subtraction of some dude that I'll be glad to forget about after this year.
Pretty concerned about our D-line's inability to bring pressure.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm happy for KO.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Jonny wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:33 pm
Nobody wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm That was the best football game this team has played since 2021. That team, in Green Bay against a team that had been playing well and needed to win, looked the part of a team that can actually win a Playoff football game.

Huh?? They brought enough pressure to hold the leagues tops scoring offense to 10 points. But I will grant you that we only had one sack.

Plot change- One other thing that I have not seen mentioned is that we scored 34 points while getting sacked 5 freaking times. That makes some statement although I am not sure which one lol
I said what I said

Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:56 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:53 pm This win will most likely keep Bowles around and resign Mayfield for another year.

Sorry haters

By the way, Go Bucs!
If Bowles has learned enough to be a better and good coach, then that is okay. I just don’t trust him to not go back to his ultra conservative ways. I think he wants to emulate Dungy but he is going to have to realize he is NOT Dungy and needs to coach to his players strengths.
Dungy wasn't Dungy without having Peyton Manning. Peyton ran the offense that drove the Colts, not Dungy or any other coach
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Terry Tate wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:45 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:56 pm

If Bowles has learned enough to be a better and good coach, then that is okay. I just don’t trust him to not go back to his ultra conservative ways. I think he wants to emulate Dungy but he is going to have to realize he is NOT Dungy and needs to coach to his players strengths.
Dungy wasn't Dungy without having Peyton Manning. Peyton ran the offense that drove the Colts, not Dungy or any other coach
I was speaking of Dungy’s defensive conservative mindset while with the Bucs and the Colts.
I said what I said

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:44 pm

Huh?? They brought enough pressure to hold the leagues tops scoring offense to 10 points. But I will grant you that we only had one sack.

Plot change- One other thing that I have not seen mentioned is that we scored 34 points while getting sacked 5 freaking times. That makes some statement although I am not sure which one lol
I think our secondary was pretty good today. It helped that Love was pretty erratic on some critical downs with his accuracy. We also blitzed at a crazy high rate, because it seemed like we had no shot at pressuring Love with just the front 4. I understand I'm being a negative Nancy here, but for two critical games in a row our front 4/5 has been very pedestrian in generating pressure. I understand some of these guys are young, some over the hill and some busts. But it places a ceiling on how good we can be.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kress wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:58 pm

Talking about a player? I might lean beat writer there.
Then you're also co-signing the narrative that the Bucs violated the CBA.

That's an odd hill for people to sit on in an effort to make a narrative true. Yet here we are.
Snake

Post by Snake »

That’s the thing, though. It’s pretty much an open secret in all of the major sports leagues in America that you game the DL, IR, IL, etc sometimes. The player is in on it almost every time. And it can serve the player just as much as it serves the team.

At this point, Devin White may think that he’s actually saving himself some money by missing games with a “injury” versus looking worse and worse every week slash being benched.

Can I definitively say that’s happening with DW45? Absolutely not. I’m not in those closed door meetings.

Can I say with a certainty that this does happen in spite of CBAs? Absolutely. Open, open secret.
Last edited by Snake on Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:06 pm That’s the thing, though. It’s pretty much an open secret in all of the major sports leagues in America that you game the DL, IR, IL, etc sometimes. The player is in on it almost every time. And it can serve the player just as much as it serves the team.

At this point, Devin White may think that he’s actually saving himself some money by missing games with a “injury” versus looking worse and worse every week slash being benched.
Where's the info you have showing that this is an open secret then?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

After every sack or penalty baker erased it immediately. Dude was nails today.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:13 pm

With one exception. The sack fumble. I do give him credit for overcoming that.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:48 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:13 pm

Couldn’t do it immediately on that one, but Drove it right down the field for a score once they got it back.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:06 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:48 pm

Couldn’t do it immediately on that one, but Drove it right down the field for a score once they got it back.
Exactly. That was the only time we trailed and it wasn't for very long.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:32 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:18 pm This Packers team last month beat the Lions on the road and the Chiefs.
Football is a weird game sometimes isn't it?
Which is why its so nerve wracking when someone so boldly declares we can't beat someone.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh, I'm looking forward to Ichabod's Monday Analysis week 15.

@IchabodCrane84
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

I really want to hear that DWhite is done for the year due to >>>>>>>>don't care what.....
Jordanlove10

Post by Jordanlove10 »

njdungeoneer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:49 pm I really want to hear that DWhite is done for the year due to >>>>>>>>don't care what.....
I still hope my Packers can get in the playoffs.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Can we find the post where Bootz says that the Bucs should sit D White due to performance?
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

I doubt very seriously, that any of his "teammates" will be backing D White after today. Division on the line, playoffs on the line, and " he can't go today". More fodder to the fire