Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Packers 34-20

Post by Snake »

Richard Sherman better watch his back…Devin White might try to tackle him by his neck.

Richard has nothing to fear tho. All he has to do is run a route and Devin White won’t be within 10 yards of him.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Don't really care about the details. We won't be giving Devin White a new contract, that's good news in my book.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:29 pm Richard Sherman better watch his back…Devin White might try to tackle him by his neck.

Richard has nothing to fear tho. All he has to do is run a route and Devin White won’t be within 10 yards of him.
Maybe Sherm 5-6 years ago. Sherm says he can barely run now a days because of all the lower leg injuries he suffered late in his career.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Backside wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:33 pm Don't really care about the details. We won't be giving Devin White a new contract, that's good news in my book.
Exactly this.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Jonny wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:33 pm
Nobody wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:44 pm That was the best football game this team has played since 2021. That team, in Green Bay against a team that had been playing well and needed to win, looked the part of a team that can actually win a Playoff football game.

I can't believe I'm saying that, but, for one game at least, its true. Process-wise, execution-wise, resilience-wise, that was a football team worth believing in today. Stack next week on top of that (and not just a W, but the details of the W).

And yes, addition-by-subtraction of some dude that I'll be glad to forget about after this year.
Pretty concerned about our D-line's inability to bring pressure.
Some of that is our historical struggle against The Quick Game due to our alignment/depths on the boundaries and how easy-pickings the Hole region (thank you Devin White) has been in our defense when we play Zone.

Some of that is that Barrett is clearly the rare modern case where an athlete with an achiles isn't back to near 100 % (its crazy how far that surgery has come in the last 7 years or so).

Some of that is that we do have solid Pressure players on that side of the ball, but the only great "finishers" are our blitzers; Winfield and LVD both typically finish ("finish" here doesn't necessarily mean "Sack" but it does mean "end the play"). Finishing is something often overlooked (players that come under control with great balance through contact, great ability to change directions, especially when bulwarked by great span, are the guys you're looking for there). This gets amplified when you're dealing with so many QBs who can extend plays and compromise your defense and gets further amplified when your back 7 defenders aren't great at finding and plastering guys post-scramble.

So yes, its multi-factorial, but I do agree that we need to have more reliable Pressure that finishes. That is a hallmark of consistent defenses that can both get off the field 20 to 20 and can turn the other team over.

Honestly, contrary to popular belief the last x number of years, I suspect White not playing will be addition-by-subtraction here. He is explosive as a blitzer but he is a terrible finisher...even when the QB should be dead-to-rights. He is a missile when he wants to be but he is so out-of-control coming downhill...same as he was at LSU...that he misses tackles and fails to convert at the QB far more than he should.

And that often means the back 7 is down one player in coverage and yet the add-on player hasn't killed the play and/or prevented its extension vs that vulnerable backend that is down a guy.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Shame we didn’t get something for White in the off-season
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Backside wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:33 pm Don't really care about the details. We won't be giving Devin White a new contract, that's good news in my book.
I really wish we just traded him in the offseason and got whatever pick in return. He was always too inconsistent to get a new deal from us with our cap situation. Most teams would have dealt him for a pick there because that’s part of the team building process. I get we wanted to win this year but this season has shown us that we don’t have to overpay guys like Devin White and Jamel Dean to win.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Deja Entendu wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:06 pm Shame we didn’t get something for White in the off-season
it’s usually better to be too early than be too late in the player acquisition game.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Jordanlove10 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:24 am
Xandtar wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:20 am See edit above. Beat Carolina. Beat Minnesota. Beat Chicago. Knock your two divisional rivals out and have Carolina for a side dish.

Tonight hurt, but you can still be in.
We’re not beating Minnesota and I wouldn’t be surprised if Chicago beats us. This team is garbage. We just lost to the Giants and blown out by your team. We might beat Carolina but even that’s in question.
Yet you beat the chiefs- so there is life there. Most on this board thought we would lose to the packers (not me of course lol).
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:21 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:53 pm

Then you're also co-signing the narrative that the Bucs violated the CBA.

That's an odd hill for people to sit on in an effort to make a narrative true. Yet here we are.
Now two sites have said they broke the CBA with White a healthy scratch. Going to say two sites are lying or will you accept the fact DW was finally benched?

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-bench ... onversion/
REALLY interesting article. My prediction? When White plays again, he will play lights out, then immediately the next game revert to his victim pattern.
I said what I said

NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Maybe a change of scenery will benefit him but I think he’s just regressed physically from injuries
Jordanlove10

Post by Jordanlove10 »

My Packers are out. I want to see anyone but KC in the AFC and maybe Philly come out of the NFC.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:17 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:14 pm Now Richard Sherman is reporting it

Even if Sherman is 100% he makes zero mention of Devin White being told Friday that KJ was gonna start.

This completely shatters the narrative you tried desperately to drive home.
How is this no mention?
They would rotate them and they would start K.J. Britt [against Green Bay] but they would bring David in and they’d flip-flop them,
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

So he's saying that Lavonte David would rotate? As in all 3 of them would rotate
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Absolutely love the disguise on D

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The younger guys are really coming along and nailing down the fundamentals of their assignments and aren't getting confused or mixed us by the wrinkles and disguises like they were earlier in the year.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Noles1724 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:42 pm Absolutely love the disguise on D

That was awesome. Thanks so much for posting!
I said what I said