Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Panthers 21-18

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Central_Buc

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Panthers 21-18

Post by Central_Buc »

If you watched this team the first 4 games, there is no way at their best they just eek out a win here.

Something happened during or after the bye week and it's mostly been a pile of crap since. Its like they completely lost their confidence along the way and never got it back.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:25 pm Bryce Young makes Baker Mayfield look like Tom Brady.

That is a really bad quarterback over there. Good thing they didn't give up too much to get him.

As for us...this felt like 1991 when we beat the Colts in the Stuper Bowl.
But the fact that they took him over CJ Stroud and others when it was clear he is undersized is an indictment on the Panthers front office. These types of picks can get a GM fired and set a franchise back several years.

That being said, happy with the win but let's face it. It would hurt this team more to make the playoffs than to miss them.
MRM

Post by MRM »

I'm surprised the announcers didn't point out how badly Baker struggled in the rain. Maybe he has little hands. Even Troy Aikman thought that was bad.

Even though Carolina stinks, have to give an attaboy to the defense and the fill-ins at LB. Collinsworth was moaning about the Chiefs losing their inside LB against the Packers. We had two starters out, a backup that was unavailable, and lost another one during the game. Boo hoo! I was proud of those guys.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Never thought I'd see the day I'd want to see Neal over White but here we are.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MRM wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:28 am I'm surprised the announcers didn't point out how badly Baker struggled in the rain. Maybe he has little hands. Even Troy Aikman thought that was bad.
Actually, late in the 4th quarter, they did bring up how badly he struggled during the rain.
Don't tread on me
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

One nice thing about having Neal at LB. He did not give up a single deep touchdown!!
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:36 pm One nice thing about having Neal at LB. He did not give up a single deep touchdown!!
He gave up a good 50+ yards in the run game though, due to lack of physicality or not setting a hard edge or just getting bodied. Not that I'm too mad at him, he was playing out of position and it showed.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Cheb wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:41 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:36 pm One nice thing about having Neal at LB. He did not give up a single deep touchdown!!
He gave up a good 50+ yards in the run game though, due to lack of physicality or not setting a hard edge or just getting bodied. Not that I'm too mad at him, he was playing out of position and it showed.
Would rather he give up 50+ yards on the ground than his usual 100+ through the air resulting in a TD or two.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I watched the game tape and JJ Russell played really well in all phases. Assignment sound and a difference-maker at MLB. I want to say I noticed this kid during preseason and was impressed? Can’t recall if it was him, but I think so. Maybe he was cut late and I was annoyed? That sounds right but I’m not sure.

Anyway, let White sit the entire rest of the year and let this kid play. He very well might be the future of the position here.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:02 am If you watched this team the first 4 games, there is no way at their best they just eek out a win here.

Something happened during or after the bye week and it's mostly been a pile of crap since. Its like they completely lost their confidence along the way and never got it back.
This is a team that does not know how to handle success. One of the most underrated traits in any job and any walk of life is not how you can handle adversity, but how you can handle success. Our Bucs are an immature team that have issues with complacency and low standards.

That is why when Bucs have even the smallest of leads, the offense goes into a shell. The offense never opens up, both in terms of play calling and play execution, until we are behind by multiple scores. Our players and coaches need consistent reminders that it is now or never. That mentality is the hallmark of a poorly coached team and a team lacking in expectation and accountability driven leadership. This not only falls on Bowles, but also all of the captains.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Nobody wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:24 am I watched the game tape and JJ Russell played really well in all phases. Assignment sound and a difference-maker at MLB. I want to say I noticed this kid during preseason and was impressed? Can’t recall if it was him, but I think so. Maybe he was cut late and I was annoyed? That sounds right but I’m not sure.

Anyway, let White sit the entire rest of the year and let this kid play. He very well might be the future of the position here.
Well he was waived and resigned to the practice squad, so it sounds right. I agree, let White sit. I was hoping you looked at his tape