Week 13 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Week 13 Discussion

Post by Doctor »

Hill should be MVP
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:14 am Hill should be MVP
If he hits 2k he will.
Most hated man in America.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:14 am Hill should be MVP
I think Brock Purdy should get MVP with HIll as a close second.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The MVP of domestic violence.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Not saying that Shanahan scheme isn't great, but there have been several other QBs in it before Purdy that weren't anywhere near as good as he is. Give the kid some credit.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:32 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:27 pm

I’m Kyle Trask, and I approve this message!
In order to get those reps someone has to have a feeling that you’ll pan out well. Kyle, no one thinks you’re very good or will end up being very good. So the powers that he will likely go after someone they feel has a good chance to pan out.
Signed,
Aidan O'Connell
Tim Boyle
Trevor Siemian
Joe Flacco
Bailey Zappe

All of these examples are from just what, the last month. No way in hell the "powers that be" think these guys are going to "pan out." It's just that, like us, what we're doing aint working, so the, "powers that be" try literally anything else to see if it works.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:54 am
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:32 pm

In order to get those reps someone has to have a feeling that you’ll pan out well. Kyle, no one thinks you’re very good or will end up being very good. So the powers that he will likely go after someone they feel has a good chance to pan out.
Signed,
Aidan O'Connell
Tim Boyle
Trevor Siemian
Joe Flacco
Bailey Zappe

All of these examples are from just what, the last month. No way in hell the "powers that be" think these guys are going to "pan out." It's just that, like us, what we're doing aint working, so the, "powers that be" try literally anything else to see if it works.
Is this just an opinion or do you have sometime substantive to the contrary.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Fans don't understand real life football organizations don't run things with their Madden like mentality.

Every player in this league is talented. They are on a roster because someone sees something there. But there are only so many performers on the stage at once.

Nonetheless every single one has made a coach think "ya know, if things break a certain way i can see this kid being something" or they wouldn't be on the team. That doesn't mean they owe them those breaks or that they'll ever get them. That's the NFL.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:29 am
acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:54 am

Signed,
Aidan O'Connell
Tim Boyle
Trevor Siemian
Joe Flacco
Bailey Zappe

Let's let you play god here, Bootz. Any of those 5 QBs I mentioned, do you think, "that guys gonna pan out for (insert franchise here)."
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:07 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:29 am

Let's let you play god here, Bootz. Any of those 5 QBs I mentioned, do you think, "that guys gonna pan out for (insert franchise here)."
O'Connell yes. Jimmy G is trash so it's not hard to be better than him.
The Jets are an outlier. They didn't have many options after Aaron got hurt.
Flacco is starting due to injury, not ineffectiveness from the other guys. So he doesn't fit the category here.
Zappe is interesting. He had a following last season. So maybe they do think he has a future.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:17 pm
Flacco is starting due to injury, not ineffectiveness from the other guys. So he doesn't fit the category here.
Zappe is interesting. He had a following last season. So maybe they do think he has a future.
I (guess) I'll give you LV QB situation.
The Jets fall right in to the area I'm saying happens, and you're arguing against. You're making my point for me.
CLE had PJ Walker they could have started, but didn't. I'm sure CLE thinks Flacco will, "pan out" amirite?!?
Zappe was a 4th round pick and Mac Jones is a first round pick. So again, same situation I'm speaking of.

So thanks, you're proving my point. Teams don't necessarily insert a player because they think he's gonna pan out as you say, rather, they insert a player because it's literally anything other than the option they currently use.

Also, to rib on you for a really dumb take, Zappe is earning $870,000 this year while Mac Jones' cap hit is 9.2M, so why would a team play a QB earning 870k when they have a QB earning 10X that amount. You're the one that said if you're spending money on a position, no matter how bad that player is playing, you should have that highly paid person play beecuzzz money.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:32 pm

The Jets fall right in to the area I'm saying happens, and you're arguing against. You're making my point for me.
CLE had PJ Walker they could have started, but didn't. I'm sure CLE thinks Flacco will, "pan out" amirite?!?
Zappe was a 4th round pick and Mac Jones is a first round pick. So again, same situation I'm speaking of.

So thanks, you're proving my point. Teams don't necessarily insert a player because they think he's gonna pan out as you say, rather, they insert a player because it's literally anything other than the option they currently use.

Also, to rib on you for a really dumb take, Zappe is earning $870,000 this year while Mac Jones' cap hit is 9.2M, so why would a team play a QB earning 870k when they have a QB earning 10X that amount. You're the one that said if you're spending money on a position, no matter how bad that player is playing, you should have that highly paid person play beecuzzz money.
The Jets situation became a bit clearer today. Zach Wilson is apparently hesitant to play.

Might explain why they made a change so that wouldn't apply either.

I thought Walker was in concussion protocol, which is why Flacco played yesterday. And of course Watson had surgery.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yes, they do believe Flacco can pan out. That's why he's starting.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:00 pm

And if you actually believe that, I've got a beach house to sell you in Idaho
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Is Baker really any better than Jimmy G??
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jordan Love has now matched the same number of wins Aaron Rodgers had in his 1st season starting for the Packers, 6.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:50 pm Jordan Love has now matched the same number of wins Aaron Rodgers had in his 1st season starting for the Packers, 6.
Love = Rodgers?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:25 pm

Why wouldn't they?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:00 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:50 pm Jordan Love has now matched the same number of wins Aaron Rodgers had in his 1st season starting for the Packers, 6.
Love = Rodgers?
That or

Love > Rodgers
Love < Rodgers

Who knows.
Love will likely surprise Rodgers in wins and TDs. He could also surpass him in turnovers as well. Needless to say he's done extremely well this past month and has played at a very high level.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:14 pm

Why wouldn't they?
Because even after being in the league for 16 years the Browns wanted to find out what they had in Joe Flacco. They don't really care if he's better or not. They just want to see what happens.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:42 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:14 pm
Why wouldn't they?
Because even after being in the league for 16 years the Browns wanted to find out what they had in Joe Flacco. They don't really care if he's better or not. They just want to see what happens.
Yeah, I get that. The Browns are dysfunctional and did not look at any other teams Flacco played for. That makes sense. They treated him like a rookie with no career starts.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:06 pm

The Jets situation became a bit clearer today. Zach Wilson is apparently hesitant to play.

I thought Walker was in concussion protocol, which is why Flacco played yesterday. And of course Watson had surgery.
That is super interesting, and if true an indictment of Zach Wilson.

Ask yourself, when was the last time you heard of an NFL player turning down a starting job, especially if he's a former starter, unless he were injured? I can't think of anybody at the moment. That makes me seriously question a dude's competitive drive, and if this is true is makes me question Zach Wilson's NFL career moving forward. Not that I wasn't questioning it before, mind you.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Cheb wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:48 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:06 pm

Ask yourself, when was the last time you heard of an NFL player turning down a starting job, especially if he's a former starter, unless he were injured? I can't think of anybody at the moment. That makes me seriously question a dude's competitive drive, and if this is true is makes me question Zach Wilson's NFL career moving forward. Not that I wasn't questioning it before, mind you.
I just read a story yesterday where this college freshman refused to play because they didn’t have the right tights he likes to wear. I can’t remember what school he played for. His coach said he had a heart to heart with this kid at halftime and he played in the 2nd half. His team came from behind to win mostly because of this kid’s play.

Still, if I’m his coach, no way he gets to come back out and play. He’d be lucky to play again this season. His coach said it’s the mentality of the kids today. That was his excuse for not being harder on him.

This world is so screwed.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I know the "unless you're the favorite why try" crowd won't get this but the Browns absolutely believe there could be something there in Flacco.

That something is one solid, game manager, Foles-like playoff run in him. There might be one, its essentially who he's been his whole career.

So you bet your ass the Browns want to see if Flacco pans out.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:19 pm
Cheb wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:48 pm

I just read a story yesterday where this college freshman refused to play because they didn’t have the right tights he likes to wear. I can’t remember what school he played for. His coach said he had a heart to heart with this kid at halftime and he played in the 2nd half. His team came from behind to win mostly because of this kid’s play.

Still, if I’m his coach, no way he gets to come back out and play. He’d be lucky to play again this season. His coach said it’s the mentality of the kids today. That was his excuse for not being harder on him.

This world is so screwed.
I mean, why are you so bent on "being harder on him"?
If the goal hear was to make it an appreciate the value grow up moment for him it sounds like the coach accomplished that successfully.
Snake

Post by Snake »

God gave him a billion $ arm and he coasted on natural physical talent as long as he could. Good for him, he’s made millions on top of the millions he’d set to inherit from his parents.

Maybe he doesn’t love football. Maybe he doesn’t have the processor. Maybe he’s soft. Maybe all of the above. But it’s pretty clear that his career will be over sooner than later.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Have we stopped to consider that that ridiculous report is in fact not real?
Kona

Post by Kona »

Really wish we drafted Josh Allen (Jags) over White.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I prefer being champions.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:26 pm I prefer being champions.
Why not both?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Idaho has beaches. You are wrong on this discussion with Bootz, and it's gotten to the point that I have to say that and point out another flaw in this ongoing discussion that clearly won't end until the off-season.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Jags defenders showing less than half ass attempts in tackling runners.
Pffft
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Former Buc TE Hudson having a great game so far
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 pm I know the "unless you're the favorite why try" crowd won't get this but the Browns absolutely believe there could be something there in Flacco.

That something is one solid, game manager, Foles-like playoff run in him. There might be one, its essentially who he's been his whole career.

So you bet your ass the Browns want to see if Flacco pans out.
Flacco was a gunslinger. I still remember the Jacoby Jones pass in his Super Bowl win. He was in the Favre cloth. Only he was somewhere between Favre and Winston
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jake Browning looks completely comfortable