2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Terry Tate

Re: 2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

Post by Terry Tate »

Cheb wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:13 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm Triggered.

So in summation:

The NFL at all levels is rife with discrepancies in “representation” when compared to the general population.

The answer why there aren’t more blacks in head coaching and executive positions is institutional/systematic racism.

The reason that blacks are overrepresented in other damn near every other position is…..unclear. But apparently white people don’t like to play cornerback so that’s why 99.99% of cornerbacks are black.

Western civilization is a mistake. White people are the devil because of the sins of their past. But no other group has to worry about their own…because they aren’t white.
Your post falls apart by the second sentence.

The NFL is rife with discrepancies of in representation when compared to itself the demographics of its own players and participants. And that's an important distinction.

Let's talk about this another way. Imagine that the overwhelming majority of soccer players in the Premier League, the best soccer league in the world, had brown hair. And these brown haired soccer players were a consistent majority in the league, damn near 70%, and maintained their brown-haired majority for decades. One would imagine that over time, as those elite brunettes got older, that some of them at least would go into coaching, continuing to be around the game they love, and one would see a decent number of former players with brown hair in coaching roles. Hell, one would think that the majority of high level coaches would have brown hair.
But then you look at the head coaches in the Premier League, and see that only 9% of them have brown hair, even though the majority of players also have brown hair. Would that seem weird to you, because it would be weird to me, and I'd have all kinds of questions as to why that's the case.

Jesus, I am off the board for a 36 hours....

That is a thin analogy because their are any number of other factors involved. Let's say those brown haired soccer players made up 70% of the league but only 12% of the general population. Let's also assume that coaching is a different skillset from playing. So, just because there is some factor that allows the brown haired gentleman to dominate the active player rosters, that doesn't guarantee a similar domination of the coaching roster. That means that any former player that wants to coach is now competing against a massive external pool of candidates, many of which couldn't beat out a brown haired player for a pro roster spot, went into coaching early and now have 10 years coaching experience over the former player.

hey Bootz, you can have more black coaches when we get some equal representation at cornerback. There were more black head coaches in Tampa in 2023 there have been white corners in the whole league over the last 20 years. Where is the equality bud?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Terry Tate wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:33 pm
Cheb wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:13 pm

Your post falls apart by the second sentence.

The NFL is rife with discrepancies of in representation when compared to itself the demographics of its own players and participants. And that's an important distinction.

Let's talk about this another way. Imagine that the overwhelming majority of soccer players in the Premier League, the best soccer league in the world, had brown hair. And these brown haired soccer players were a consistent majority in the league, damn near 70%, and maintained their brown-haired majority for decades. One would imagine that over time, as those elite brunettes got older, that some of them at least would go into coaching, continuing to be around the game they love, and one would see a decent number of former players with brown hair in coaching roles. Hell, one would think that the majority of high level coaches would have brown hair.
But then you look at the head coaches in the Premier League, and see that only 9% of them have brown hair, even though the majority of players also have brown hair. Would that seem weird to you, because it would be weird to me, and I'd have all kinds of questions as to why that's the case.

That is a thin analogy because their are any number of other factors involved. Let's say those brown haired soccer players made up 70% of the league but only 12% of the general population. Let's also assume that coaching is a different skillset from playing. So, just because there is some factor that allows the brown haired gentleman to dominate the active player rosters, that doesn't guarantee a similar domination of the coaching roster. That means that any former player that wants to coach is now competing against a massive external pool of candidates, many of which couldn't beat out a brown haired player for a pro roster spot, went into coaching early and now have 10 years coaching experience over the former player.

hey Bootz, you can have more black coaches when we get some equal representation at cornerback. There were more black head coaches in Tampa in 2023 there have been white corners in the whole league over the last 20 years. Where is the equality bud?
If you were serious you would hold your 12% generalization to all occupations. But you're not for a reason. All you're showing us is you like @Snake are a cowardly racist piece of shit as well. And you're a fucking idiot who can't address the real issue without deflecting because you know you can't address the point.
Most hated man in America.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:12 am
Terry Tate wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:33 pm

If you were serious you would hold your 12% generalization to all occupations. But you're not for a reason. All you're showing us is you like @Snake are a cowardly racist piece of shit as well. And you're a fucking idiot who can't address the real issue without deflecting because you know you can't address the point.
Blah, blah, blah. If I am not serious it's because I don't take you seriously. Watching you nerdrage without any direction or something remotely close to a point is amusing. Hyperbole and bombast are not your friends, you really need to shut your dickholster and read more.

But you won't, and this board is both better and worse for it, depending on how much you find a blathering idiot to be entertaining.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

As more and more coaches of color come up through the ranks, you will see more people of color selected for HC positions. Coaches not only need to get experience as assistant coaches, but must also establish relationships with other coaches throughout the NFL. A HC is doomed to failure if he is unable to hire good assistant coaches. And good assistant coaches will turn down jobs with new HC's that lack experience.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Drafting N’Keal Harry over AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel appeared to be the beginning of the end for Belichick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/11/insid ... -belichick
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:21 am Drafting N’Keal Harry over AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel appeared to be the beginning of the end for Belichick.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/11/insid ... -belichick
I suspect keeping Matt Patricia around over literally anyone may have played a role too.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:13 pm
kaimaru wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:01 pm

You are arguing blacks are more athletic but too dumb to be head coach. You realize that?
Why are blacks 99.99% of NFL corners?
That supports what I am saying, you realize that....right?
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:52 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:13 pm

Why are blacks 99.99% of NFL corners?
Can you answer the question?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:59 pm
kaimaru wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:52 pm

Look man, your cultural bias post is good enough for me to get off this train, and this was answered quite well before and you know it. Let's move on here
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:19 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:59 pm

Look man, your cultural bias post is good enough for me to get off this train, and this was answered quite well before and you know it. Let's move on here
I don't think intelligence alone is what makes a great head coach. It is being very well rounded, starting with character and hustle. That is why I am not going to bring up discrepancies in analytical, critical thinking and problem solving between different races in this discussion. But differences on average exist when it comes to mental characteristics, just like they do for physical characteristics, because the latter drives the former.

There is a low IQ culture of people being scared to acknowledge straightforward concepts of evolutionary biology and the realities of human anatomy. These people are just as much a threat to human progress as people who will gloat over their race being superior to the other based on those averages. I don't think @Snake has done any of that. But because you guys are insecure or guilt-ridden, you will keep calling him a racist and it is pathetic.
Snake

Post by Snake »

^ High IQ moment
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Jonny wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:56 pm
kaimaru wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:19 pm

I don't think intelligence alone is what makes a great head coach. It is being very well rounded, starting with character and hustle. That is why I am not going to bring up discrepancies in analytical, critical thinking and problem solving between different races in this discussion. But differences on average exist when it comes to mental characteristics, just like they do for physical characteristics, because the latter drives the former.

There is a low IQ culture of people being scared to acknowledge straightforward concepts of evolutionary biology and the realities of human anatomy. These people are just as much a threat to human progress as people who will gloat over their race being superior to the other based on those averages. I don't think @Snake has done any of that. But because you guys are insecure or guilt-ridden, you will keep calling him a racist and it is pathetic.
He wouldn't explain his stance before, he just kept pointing out one thing. When replied to @Snake he gave what I have been asking for.

My criteria of a HC is being a leader of men, motivationalist, having great organizational skills, good communication skills, high football IQ, good judgement, and a keen eye for seeing talent. I don't think anyone considered Parcells brilliant. He just was great at all of the above. Any meathead could have those skills and still succeed. If he wanted Richard Sherman or after his career AWJ are both I could see that qualifies all of the above with Sherman also being smart.

He hires two coordinators to run the show for him. Several people say Bowles is only a DC and not a HC. Well, maybe if he stopped calling defensive pays, his HC skills may be better. But when you're game planning all week and thinking the next two plays ahead then you may not be managing a game properly
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Doug Pederson ain't fucking around. He gave most of his defensive assistants pink slips
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Doug Pederson ain't fucking around. He gave most of his defensive assistants pink slips
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 pm Doug Pederson ain't fucking around. He gave most of his defensive assistants pink slips
Weird, a Jacksonville poll blamed TLaw or the OC Taylor by 51% polled (7593) only 4% blamed the DC...